• 110 results
Posted by Spideysense44 (3457 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Sentry and Hulk vs Thor and Superman (77 votes)

Sentry team 26%
Thor team 66%
#51 Posted by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: superman can one-shot hulk in first milisec so he is non-factor here

#52 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

which part exactly? :P

The nonsense about Sentry, which I figured would have gone away considering a certain someone was banned for trolling, but ah, site-wide resets and the glitches they bring out.....

Ah :P, i see. Should SUperman normally own Sentry?

About 7/10 would be my guess.

ah, i see. What about Thor and Hulk?

Depends on who's writing, but I'd say Thor 6/10.

I meant each on their own against supes, could they stand a chance?

#53 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

How are the votes adding up to 97% What happened to the remaining 3%? I don't even....

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

The nonsense about Sentry, which I figured would have gone away considering a certain someone was banned for trolling, but ah, site-wide resets and the glitches they bring out.....

Sure, I guess. All three are the tippy-top of the top-tiers.

#54 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

How are the votes adding up to 97% What happened to the remaining 3%? I don't even....

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

Sure, I guess. All three are the tippy-top of the top-tiers.

Nice :P

#56 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Void being officially taken away from a thread, Sentry out of character could honestly solo.

Apart from that possibility, team Superman.

#57 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

And what if Superman just punches Hulk into outa space in the first millisecond of the fight?

Then its Sentry vs Thor and Superman..

The likelyhood of Superman just punching Hulk into outerspace (which he can) is no more than Sentry tapping into Void powers or completely going Void in the fight.

Honestly Void/ Void Sentry vs Thor and Superman, or heck Thor, Superman and Hulk together should be no difference unless the whole plot about Bob wanting to die is involved.

#58 Posted by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman should take the win.

#59 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: From your picture I was expecting a much less intelligible argument. Fortunately, I was wrong.

And that's coming from the person whose only point at the beginning was to post a picture, where Superman overpowers Sentry. Oh my.

*Key word there, for the longest time. Superman is stronger than World War Hulk, and much faster, meaning more force behind his blows. And what is there to suggest that Sentry could withstand an IMP?

World War Hulk is one of the strongest Hulk incarnations. The regular Hulk already had strenght feats, which are ridiculous and put him on pair, if not above Superman. There are countless threads about that topic.
Marvel has over the top feats as well and when it comes to strenght Hulk is their poster boy.

However I do agree on the speed though and the increased impact of the strikes. But in the end of the day Sentry is not as slow as Hulk or Thor. He is much faster and Superman would have his hands full.
Saying otherwise is just being a person who looks at Sentry's bad moments in comic books, which most of had to do with either PIS or WIS.

*Again, Thor doesn't hit as hard as Superman does, and isn't as fast.

Think logically about that one. If I punch you in the face, would that hurt more than if I smite your in the face with a hammer?
Thor has more impact on his attacks, because he is attacking with an indestructible, magical hammer.

*Superman was benching the Earth for five days, so he could lay at least a scratch on Sentry.

Is Superman stronger than the Sentry judging by all of the feats we ever saw in the comics? Yes. Would he win in a fight? No.

I think that Superman can beat Sentry because a) as far as I know, he is faster than anyone he has ever faced, and much faster than Reynolds b) He is much stronger than Sentry, as we all know is true. He can hit harder than anyone Sentry has faced. c) No abilities Sentry demonstrates on a consistent basis showed the power to take out Superman.

And I think that Sentry beats Superman, because Sentry is much more powerful. Even if he lacks in the strenght department, he makes it up with his ridiculous enegy output, his versatility and ultimately his matter manipulation.

You say that Sentry doesn't demonstrate abilities on a consistent basis, but it doesn't change the fact that he has the abilities. One point I like to bring up is his ability to become invisible. The Sentry can become totally invisible and even take it one step further so that not even Superhumans can track him. He has that ability, but he has never used it. Does that mean that the Sentry can't become invisible, because he has never shown it? No, it just means, that he has never shown it.

A different point I like to bring up is the fact that Sentry used many of his abilities only once or twice. He healed a person once. He resurrected a person once. He used teleportation twice (maybe few more times, if we count a specific instance, but that was too weird, so we're going to skip it). And there is more he used only once. In the end of the day he still has that ability.
You say that Superman this and that and yeah, Superman did use his speed once to totally avoid everything Doomsday could throw at him, but most of the time he takes these punches. Should we take away his speed for that? No.

Here we go ...

I was not banned for trolling. I was banned for insulting you, because you pissed me off that much.
I'm the friendliest person you'll ever come across, but even I have my limits and you puished me over the line more than once. And you were the only person on Comicvine.

How did you manage to stand out in my eyes? Well, with your disrespectful attitude. With your constant, passive aggressive shitting on other peoples opinions and takes. And you didn't change at all. All it took me is to check out few of your responses and it's all there, clear as the day. You're still the elitist troll you used to be, CitizenBane.
I hated you back then and I still hate you for who you are and if I knew how to put you on ignore, I would do it instantly.
Does this board even have such a function ?_? I wonder. Will have to check it out.

PS: And no matter how much you hate the Sentry, he is still defeating most of your favorite comic book character (besides Legion most likely).

#60 Posted by Perethorn (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn´t Sentry has molecular manipulation? if he has he could turn Supes and Thor into a piece of wood.

#61 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

I was not banned for trolling. I was banned for insulting you, because you pissed me off that much.

I'm the friendliest person you'll ever come across, but even I have my limits and you pushed me over the line more than once. And you were the only person on Comicvine.

How did you manage to stand out in my eyes?

Well, with your disrespectful attitude. With your constant, passive aggressive shitting on other peoples opinions and takes. And you didn't change at all.

All it took me is to check out few of your responses and it's all there, clear as the day.

You're still the elitist troll you used to be, CitizenBane.

I hated you back then and I still hate you for who you are and if I knew how to put you on ignore, I would do it instantly.

Does this board even have such a function ?_? I wonder. Will have to check it out.

PS: And no matter how much you hate the Sentry, he is still defeating most of your favorite comic book character (besides Legion most likely).

Your entire set of posts I've seen so far doesn't seem to nice to me...

#62 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

That's called trolling, son. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

I'm the friendliest person you'll ever come across, but even I have my limits and you puished me over the line more than once. And you were the only person on Comicvine.

Trolls have never given these excuses before. Nope. You are unique. Uh-huh.

Point out one instance of me swearing at you if you'd like to paint me as the Big Bad here. I'll wait.

Well, with your disrespectful attitude. With your constant, passive aggressive shitting on other peoples opinions and takes. And you didn't change at all.

All it took me is to check out few of your responses and it's all there, clear as the day.

Your words are like wounds in my heart. I'll skip over the fact that pointing out your laughable fanboyism comprised a "disrespectful attitude".

It's a wonder I don't keel over and die from these biting retorts. Is there a school I can learn this linguistic wizardry from? Get a grip, for god's sake.

Yeah, you haven't changed a bit. Which is good, it means you'll probably get banned before this sentence is ov--

#63 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy jumping tuna fish batman ! The Sentry and Hulk hate wreaks like the dickens !

#64 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

I'm the friendliest person you'll ever come across, but even I have my limits and you pushed me over the line more than once. And you were the only person on Comicvine.

Your entire set of posts I've seen so far doesn't seem to nice to me...

Naturally. Trolls are always the first ones to maintain that they're the wronged ones and everyone else is the villain of the story.

#65 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Still, though.......how is the vote adding up to 97%?

#66 Posted by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio
@enzeru said:

@thebourneposter said:

@enzeru:

And that's coming from the person whose only point at the beginning was to post a picture, where Superman overpowers Sentry. Oh my.

That was meant to be a compliment, but if you want to be an asshole, whatever.

World War Hulk is one of the strongest Hulk incarnations. The regular Hulk already had strenght feats, which are ridiculous and put him on pair, if not above Superman. There are countless threads about that topic.
Marvel has over the top feats as well and when it comes to strenght Hulk is their poster boy.
However I do agree on the speed though and the increased impact of the strikes. But in the end of the day Sentry is not as slow as Hulk or Thor. He is much faster and Superman would have his hands full.
Saying otherwise is just being a person who looks at Sentry's bad moments in comic books, which most of had to do with either PIS or WIS.

I don't think he would have his hands full. Superman is on another level in speed, like all the feats suggest. I see you agree on the speed increasing power, so no argument there. Sentry could only take a couple blows from Superman before going out.

Think logically about that one. If I punch you in the face, would that hurt more than if I smite your in the face with a hammer?
Thor has more impact on his attacks, because he is attacking with an indestructible, magical hammer.

Not necessarily. In the canon crossover, Superman blocked Thor's hammer. Superman's significant strength and speed advantage translates to stronger hits even when Thor uses the hammer. And I seem to remember Thor killing the Void. It wasn't full power since Rob wanted it, but Thor would obviously beat Sentry from their fight in Siege.

Is Superman stronger than the Sentry judging by all of the feats we ever saw in the comics? Yes. Would he win in a fight? No.

He is faster and stronger than anyone Sentry has ever faced. Again, when has Sentry demonstrated the ability to tank an IMP.

And I think that Sentry beats Superman, because Sentry is much more powerful. Even if he lacks in the strenght department, he makes it up with his ridiculous enegy output, his versatility and ultimately his matter manipulation.
You say that Sentry doesn't demonstrate abilities on a consistent basis, but it doesn't change the fact that he has the abilities. One point I like to bring up is his ability to become invisible. The Sentry can become totally invisible and even take it one step further so that not even Superhumans can track him. He has that ability, but he has never used it. Does that mean that the Sentry can't become invisible, because he has never shown it? No, it just means, that he has never shown it.

No, it doesn't. It means that he doesn't often use them in battle. He can, but he doesn't. And since Superman takes omega beams and blasts from Helspont, he can take blasts from Sentry.

A different point I like to bring up is the fact that Sentry used many of his abilities only once or twice. He healed a person once. He resurrected a person once. He used teleportation twice (maybe few more times, if we count a specific instance, but that was too weird, so we're going to skip it). And there is more he used only once. In the end of the day he still has that ability.

You say that Superman this and that and yeah, Superman did use his speed once to totally avoid everything Doomsday could throw at him, but most of the time he takes these punches. Should we take away his speed for that? No.

That's true. But once Sentry starts to cut loose, Clark will put him down as quickly as possible.

Here we go ...

@citizenbane said:

#67 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: People just hit the "vote" button without checking a box?

#68 Edited by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: People just hit the "vote" button without checking a box?

I didn't even know you could do that.

#69 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@thebourneposter said:

That was meant to be a compliment, but if you want to be an asshole, whatever.

Damn, I totally missunderstood it. Sorry, my bad. I apologize.Thanks for the compliment :-) I'm still not happy about someone only posting the Superman > Sentry picture, without any real context, but you provided it afterwards, so everything is fine.

I don't think he would have his hands full. Superman is on another level in speed, like all the feats suggest. I see you agree on the speed increasing power, so no argument there. Sentry could only take a couple blows from Superman before going out.

To make use of his speed he would have to travel a larger distance, so that the momentum could become an issue. But in the past we have seen the Sentry flying all across the world in seconds. Flying from the Earth to the Sun and even from the Earth to Saturn in a matter of panels and even during one scream. I don't know anyone who screams for 2 hours... Do you?
We also saw Sentry repairing a broken tower and while doing so he was all over the place at the same time. We didn't see blury versions of him, but actual Sentry's and to come up with such a speed ... especially in that scenario, since he would need to fly down to grab material, fly up to use it, fly down once again, fly up... He would have to stop and start over and over again and he was still able to maintain such a speed.

Sentry is not slow. Superman wouldn't outspeed him like he would do it to Hulk and Thor. I'm the biggest proponent of speed in fights and I'm the first who will tell you that Superman defeats Thor and Hulk, because of his speed advantage, but Sentry is neither Thor nor Hulk. Sentry was using speeds and doing stuff, while Thor didn't even manage to raise his hand hand during that particular instance.

Not necessarily. In the canon crossover, Superman blocked Thor's hammer. Superman's significant strength and speed advantage translates to stronger hits even when Thor uses the hammer. And I seem to remember Thor killing the Void. It wasn't full power since Rob wanted it, but Thor would obviously beat Sentry from their fight in Siege.

Thor never killed the Void. I think that by now that should be considered as a widely known fact. Only people who don't pay attention to comics say otherwise.
Also Thor only smacked Sentry away. That's not that big of a deal, since in the end of the day Sentry is still only a 240 pound guy, who will be sent away flying if someone strong punches him and Sentry doesn't hold his own at that point. He got caught off guard, nothing else happened there, so you can't use it as an indication.

But what you can use is the fact that Sentry brawled it out with the Void, who defeated Thor multiple times. The Void, who broke all of the bones in Hulks body. And Sentry also ... who was in a weak mental state (which makes him less powerful) brawled it out with World War Hulk, who was probably stronger than any version of the Hulk Thor has ever faced and Thor has lost to weaker versions of the Hulk and also said that he could never defeat the Hulk ... But Sentry stalemated that Hulk, even took his attacks freely and had the upper hand in that fight.

No, it doesn't. It means that he doesn't often use them in battle. He can, but he doesn't. And since Superman takes omega beams and blasts from Helspont, he can take blasts from Sentry.

Sentry has the power output to destroy planets, while still holding back. And that power is coming out as an area effect. Do you honestly believe that Superman can easily withstand such damage output, without caring at all? We're talking here about damage output beyond planetary level destruction.
I'm sure that Superman can handle it, but even Superman has his limits and it can become too much for him.

And my point still remains ... Let me give you yet another example... Thor wields a powerful magical artifact, which gives him more abilities than we both can count to. But he NEVER uses these abilities. In his case it's probably because he probably needs time to use special abilities from the hammer and in a fight he doesn't always have them, but Sentry's abilities are instant and in a forum fight, where we use the characters at their best Sentry has the access to all of that stuff.

That's true. But once Sentry starts to cut loose, Clark will put him down as quickly as possible.

That would be his goal, but how would he achieve that? How could Superman a ridiculously powerful matter manipulator, who could spin him around like nothing and tear him apart? Or if he wouldn't go that far, who has planetary level energy output, regeneration, teleportation, force fields, invisibility, possibly even intangibility, empathy (mind-raping) and much, much more?

#71 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Sentry faster than Thor? Travel speed, there around the same. Reaction speed goes to Sentry. Also you say Thor has poor reaction speed, wheb Hulk is slower than Thor is more often blitzed. Too my knowledge Thor has beeb blitzed 5 times in his career. 3 times in his classic career, and 2 times in modern. Hulk has been blitzed so much times it's not even funny. From Wolverine, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, you name it. Also you sayHulk I tanking Thor level attacks a lot now? When since? Thor was shown to hold the moon together with his bare hands, and than caused electricity to pour out through the whole planet. His fight with Gorr says a lot. There's more, but Indestructable Hulk pretty much showed you who os more powerful. Thor summoned a storm of lightning so big that it wiped up the frost giants, and caused craters in the ground. For some reason that attack made Thor tired, and he crashed down still electrified. Hulk caught him and than he reverted back to Banner due to it. That says a lot. As for Sentry, his only option is matter manipulation. I remember Thor hit him in Seige when Sentry tried to blitz him and he was sent flying. He never returned for that issue.

#72 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Uncanny Avengers will clear up that Thor is more powerful than the Sentry. My guess is he's going to finish him with the Lorn Bolt.

#73 Posted by Lvenger (19905 posts) - - Show Bio

True, but superman ins't UnTAGable, i mean, i'm pretty sure he's been tagged by someone much slower than him at one point, or has that never happened?

Hulk was slower than though, he moves like a Buzz now, well not a buzz but he's seen mostly as a blur, running through frost giants , quickly ramming through mad thinkers robots. Etc etc. In the power and Durability department, superman WILL have trouble with hulk, he's tough nut to crack, add thet fact that he has a HF that makes wolverine looks like a wimp :P

Yeah I'll give you that. Superman has been tagged by foes at least as fast as Hulk so I'll give you that. Mongul and other bricks have laid their paws on him though Doomsday has legitimately fast reflexes (he is a PIS machine after all)

That's only blitzing via a bull rush charge though, not the kind of speed blitzing that Superman is capable of ie launching a barrage of blows in a matter of moments that happens before a foe can comprehend what's happened. And what's this about Hulk's superior healing factor to Wolverine? I can say Superman's no slouch in the healing department either.

#74 Posted by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@thebourneposter said:

Damn, I totally missunderstood it. Sorry, my bad. I apologize.Thanks for the compliment :-) I'm still not happy about someone only posting the Superman > Sentry picture, without any real context, but you provided it afterwards, so everything is fine.

No problem.
To make use of his speed he would have to travel a larger distance, so that the momentum could become an issue. But in the past we have seen the Sentry flying all across the world in seconds. Flying from the Earth to the Sun and even from the Earth to Saturn in a matter of panels and even during one scream. I don't know anyone who screams for 2 hours... Do you?
We also saw Sentry repairing a broken tower and while doing so he was all over the place at the same time. We didn't see blury versions of him, but actual Sentry's and to come up with such a speed ... especially in that scenario, since he would need to fly down to grab material, fly up to use it, fly down once again, fly up... He would have to stop and start over and over again and he was still able to maintain such a speed.
Sentry is not slow. Superman wouldn't outspeed him like he would do it to Hulk and Thor. I'm the biggest proponent of speed in fights and I'm the first who will tell you that Superman defeats Thor and Hulk, because of his speed advantage, but Sentry is neither Thor nor Hulk. Sentry was using speeds and doing stuff, while Thor didn't even manage to raise his hand hand during that particular instance.

Superman flew from Earth to the Andromeda galaxy in a few hours I think, which is vastly more impressive than any of the feats mentioned. He has also vibrated himself so fast as to phase through an opponents blows. That is impressive combat speed, and he regularly performs feats like this.

Thor never killed the Void. I think that by now that should be considered as a widely known fact. Only people who don't pay attention to comics say otherwise.
Also Thor only smacked Sentry away. That's not that big of a deal, since in the end of the day Sentry is still only a 240 pound guy, who will be sent away flying if someone strong punches him and Sentry doesn't hold his own at that point. He got caught off guard, nothing else happened there, so you can't use it as an indication.
But what you can use is the fact that Sentry brawled it out with the Void, who defeated Thor multiple times. The Void, who broke all of the bones in Hulks body. And Sentry also ... who was in a weak mental state (which makes him less powerful) brawled it out with World War Hulk, who was probably stronger than any version of the Hulk Thor has ever faced and Thor has lost to weaker versions of the Hulk and also said that he could never defeat the Hulk ... But Sentry stalemated that Hulk, even took his attacks freely and had the upper hand in that fight.

I haven't followed Marvel for quite a while, to tell you the truth. What actually happened? Superman has brawled it out with Darkseid, who is dozens of times more powerful than the Void.

Sentry has the power output to destroy planets, while still holding back. And that power is coming out as an area effect. Do you honestly believe that Superman can easily withstand such damage output, without caring at all? We're talking here about damage output beyond planetary level destruction.
I'm sure that Superman can handle it, but even Superman has his limits and it can become too much for him.
And my point still remains ... Let me give you yet another example... Thor wields a powerful magical artifact, which gives him more abilities than we both can count to. But he NEVER uses these abilities. In his case it's probably because he probably needs time to use special abilities from the hammer and in a fight he doesn't always have them, but Sentry's abilities are instant and in a forum fight, where we use the characters at their best Sentry has the access to all of that stuff..

I didn't mean that Superman would laugh off Sentry's blasts, I mean that he will be able to endure them for some time. Meanwhile, his heat vision and immense physical strength will be taking its toll on Reynolds. Thor is actually a very good example for my side. Sentry never uses abilities like matter manipulation against opponents like Superman. And since this fight is in character, there is no inication that Sentry will use abilities he doesn't use on a consistent basis.

That would be his goal, but how would he achieve that? How could Superman a ridiculously powerful matter manipulator, who could spin him around like nothing and tear him apart? Or if he wouldn't go that far, who has planetary level energy output, regeneration, teleportation, force fields, invisibility, possibly even intangibility, empathy (mind-raping) and much, much more?

Sentry has never withstood something as powerful as an infinite mass punch, and Superman's heat vision damage him. As previously mentioned, Sentry never utilizes those abilities. How will Superman put him down? Same way Blue Marvel knocked his ass out, only Superman will hit harder. Superman has regeneration as well, is extremely resistant to telepathic assaults, and can also essentially go intangible.

#75 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman flew from Earth to the Andromeda galaxy in a few hours I think, which is vastly more impressive than any of the feats mentioned. He has also vibrated himself so fast as to phase through an opponents blows. That is impressive combat speed, and he regularly performs feats like this.

I wouldn't say that he regularly performs feats like that :-| It has been said that Superman takes the punches of his opponents to avoid as much property damage as possible. He may be invulnerable, but that does not apply for the homes of other people. That's the reason why he takes the attacks of his opponents rather than dodging them.
I'm not saying that that's the reason why he wouldn't try to avoid Sentry's attacks, but yeah :-7 It could be an argument. And even if you don't accept that as a reason, the fact still remains that Sentry can use 360 energy attacks, which would hit him anyway, even if he decides to phase at some points.

I haven't followed Marvel for quite a while, to tell you the truth. What actually happened? Superman has brawled it out with Darkseid, who is dozens of times more powerful than the Void.

Darkseid has his Omega Beam. That's his thing and that's it. Superman has defeated Darkseid before.
Sentry has defeated someone more powerful than Darkseid in Molecule Man and ultimately also in the Void.

Other than that I don't know what you refer to in terms of Marvel and what happened when and where.

I didn't mean that Superman would laugh off Sentry's blasts, I mean that he will be able to endure them for some time. Meanwhile, his heat vision and immense physical strength will be taking its toll on Reynolds. Thor is actually a very good example for my side. Sentry never uses abilities like matter manipulation against opponents like Superman. And since this fight is in character, there is no inication that Sentry will use abilities he doesn't use on a consistent basis.

Sentry has been portrayed as someone who was more than just fine with various energy attacks and even magic for the most part. He ignored Dr. Stranges and said that his stuff doesn't work on him. He ignored Doctor Dooms magic and defeated Doctor Doom multiple times. He said that Ultron's lightning bolts didn't bother him. Not even Thor's Godblast bothered him. He was perfectly fine after getting hit by destruction caused by attacks above a planetary scale.
He was simply punching away attacks from the Inhumans, saying that whatever it was, it wouldn't work on him. He was immune to Rogues powers.
And now we have Superman shooting Heat Vision at him, which would have to go past someone who can teleport and create force fields and also survived being in the Sun multiple times. Also someone who absorbs solar radiation on a daily basis. I believe that Sentry wouldn't be bothered all too much by Superman's Heat Vision. It would hurt him, but not ultimately simply take him out. Sentry has shown higher damage output than Superman.

Also, we're talking about comic books here. No on in comic books uses his powers to their full potential. Superman doesn't do it either. Superman doesn't phase from fight to fight defeating everyone with IMPs, so that argument can be brought up for both sides.

Sentry has never withstood something as powerful as an infinite mass punch, and Superman's heat vision damage him. As previously mentioned, Sentry never utilizes those abilities. How will Superman put him down? Same way Blue Marvel knocked his ass out, only Superman will hit harder. Superman has regeneration as well, is extremely resistant to telepathic assaults, and can also essentially go intangible.

Sentry is Goku on steroids. Sentry can sense other peoples auras (and probably especially from someone, who is a living solar battery). Sentry can teleport, unleash planetary level destruction. Superman has increased healing abilities. He does not have a ridiculous level of regeneration, which lets him heal from a skeleton in a matter of seconds. Superman also may be resistant to telepathic assaults, but so is the Hulk, because of his brute nature. Because of his brute nature the Hulk is actually immune to telepathic assaults, but he has been mind-raped by the Void over and over again and Sentry also mind-raped someone. It's empathy they're using and if someone who is immune to that stuff can get mind-raped, then why not Superman as well, who is only resistant?

What happened after Blue Marvel knocked the Sentry out? (Who ... to be fair needed feats to get established as a powerhouse and also was in his comic, but not that it matters all too much) ...
Sentry came back immediately after and one-shotted Blue Marvel by bullrushing him into the ground. The got knocked out, but ultimately he won the fight.
And again, because of it was a comic book fight after all he didn't utilize his abilities, which - in a fictional forum fight he would and that puts him above many of the people he faces on Comicvine and probably above 99% of the characters he loses to on Comicvine, because of: Helicarrier and Thor killed him.

#76 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Sentry faster than Thor? Travel speed, there around the same. Reaction speed goes to Sentry. Also you say Thor has poor reaction speed, wheb Hulk is slower than Thor is more often blitzed. Too my knowledge Thor has beeb blitzed 5 times in his career. 3 times in his classic career, and 2 times in modern. Hulk has been blitzed so much times it's not even funny. From Wolverine, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, you name it. Also you sayHulk I tanking Thor level attacks a lot now? When since? Thor was shown to hold the moon together with his bare hands, and than caused electricity to pour out through the whole planet. His fight with Gorr says a lot. There's more, but Indestructable Hulk pretty much showed you who os more powerful. Thor summoned a storm of lightning so big that it wiped up the frost giants, and caused craters in the ground. For some reason that attack made Thor tired, and he crashed down still electrified. Hulk caught him and than he reverted back to Banner due to it. That says a lot. As for Sentry, his only option is matter manipulation. I remember Thor hit him in Seige when Sentry tried to blitz him and he was sent flying. He never returned for that issue.

Errm why are you comparing Hulk and Thor? but fine since we're going with this i'll Go with it. Indestructible Hulk HULK has varied for some reason, because in the very same issue you mentioned hulk had a better durability Showing than thor. Thor fell into absolute zero, and couldn\t come out, while hulk jumped in, and took him out. and now in the recent issues HULK easily shrugged of thor-Level Ordinance. A molecular weapon included, twice.

Also lest not forget that hulk has more recently whacked thor with his own hammer twice. The fight could go either way IMO, Though HUlk is stronger than Thor, i'm just hare to point out that it's not a stomp, man :)

#77 Edited by MrPhoenix (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: If i remember correctly Thor got hit by a frost giant and got sent flying whilst Hulk was smashing through them with ease, and Thor has been one shotted in both current Avengers series,one time with his own hammer, he was knocked out for the whole issue i might add.

#78 Edited by Spideysense44 (3457 posts) - - Show Bio

wait did I do something wrong.. why is it only 97%....

#79 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: If i remember correctly Thor got hit by a frost giant and got sent flying whilst Hulk was smashing through them with ease, and Thor has been one shotted in both current Avengers series,one time with his own hammer, he was knocked out for the whole issue i might add.

Thor also gut busted by Frost Giants, while Sentry came blasting through them :-|

#80 Posted by Pokeysteve (8299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's team takes it.

They double team Sentry in the sky and then take out Hulk on the ground. Yeah he can jump but until he can maneuver in the air like they can it doesn't matter.

#81 Edited by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@thebourneposter said:

I wouldn't say that he regularly performs feats like that :-| It has been said that Superman takes the punches of his opponents to avoid as much property damage as possible. He may be invulnerable, but that does not apply for the homes of other people. That's the reason why he takes the attacks of his opponents rather than dodging them.
I'm not saying that that's the reason why he wouldn't try to avoid Sentry's attacks, but yeah :-7 It could be an argument. And even if you don't accept that as a reason, the fact still remains that Sentry can use 360 energy attacks, which would hit him anyway, even if he decides to phase at some points.

He's done it against Doomsday, Mongul, Batman, ect, it's a fairly consistent feat.
Darkseid has his Omega Beam. That's his thing and that's it. Superman has defeated Darkseid before.
Sentry has defeated someone more powerful than Darkseid in Molecule Man and ultimately also in the Void.
Other than that I don't know what you refer to in terms of Marvel and what happened when and where.

The Void is nowhere near as powerful as Darkseid. Darkseid also has matter manipulation, ridiculously powerful telepathy, and vast physical strength and durability. He can even devolve his opponents.
Sentry has been portrayed as someone who was more than just fine with various energy attacks and even magic for the most part. He ignored Dr. Stranges and said that his stuff doesn't work on him. He ignored Doctor Dooms magic and defeated Doctor Doom multiple times. He said that Ultron's lightning bolts didn't bother him. Not even Thor's Godblast bothered him. He was perfectly fine after getting hit by destruction caused by attacks above a planetary scale.
He was simply punching away attacks from the Inhumans, saying that whatever it was, it wouldn't work on him. He was immune to Rogues powers.
And now we have Superman shooting Heat Vision at him, which would have to go past someone who can teleport and create force fields and also survived being in the Sun multiple times. Also someone who absorbs solar radiation on a daily basis. I believe that Sentry wouldn't be bothered all too much by Superman's Heat Vision. It would hurt him, but not ultimately simply take him out. Sentry has shown higher damage output than Superman.
Also, we're talking about comic books here. No on in comic books uses his powers to their full potential. Superman doesn't do it either. Superman doesn't phase from fight to fight defeating everyone with IMPs, so that argument can be brought up for both sides.

Superman's heat vision was powerful enough to mend rips in reality. Sentry isn't going to be taken out of the fight by a single blast, but he's going to get hurt.

Basically, Superman wins because of his speed and strength, as already mentioned. He closes fast, hits Sentry hard, and takes him out with one or two punches basically.

Sentry is Goku on steroids. Sentry can sense other peoples auras (and probably especially from someone, who is a living solar battery). Sentry can teleport, unleash planetary level destruction. Superman has increased healing abilities. He does not have a ridiculous level of regeneration, which lets him heal from a skeleton in a matter of seconds. Superman also may be resistant to telepathic assaults, but so is the Hulk, because of his brute nature. Because of his brute nature the Hulk is actually immune to telepathic assaults, but he has been mind-raped by the Void over and over again and Sentry also mind-raped someone. It's empathy they're using and if someone who is immune to that stuff can get mind-raped, then why not Superman as well, who is only resistant?
What happened after Blue Marvel knocked the Sentry out? (Who ... to be fair needed feats to get established as a powerhouse and also was in his comic, but not that it matters all too much) ...
Sentry came back immediately after and one-shotted Blue Marvel by bullrushing him into the ground. The got knocked out, but ultimately he won the fight.
And again, because of it was a comic book fight after all he didn't utilize his abilities, which - in a fictional forum fight he would and that puts him above many of the people he faces on Comicvine and probably above 99% of the characters he loses to on Comicvine, because of: Helicarrier and Thor killed him.

Obviously Hulk isn't immune, if it worked. Superman has fought of telepathic assaults from Dominus I believe, an extremely powerful telepath and reality warper. And this isn't Superman versus the Void. It's Superman versus Sentry. Let's look at Blue Marvel. Blue Marvel, as earlier stated, knocked Sentry out in one punch. Blue Marvel's best strength feat was lifting a meteorite the size of Arkansas. Superman's best strength feat is lifting the weight of the planet Earth for five days. The square milage of Arkansas is around 52,000 square miles. The square milage of the planet is 196, 950, 000. So we are now assuming that each is using the full extent of their abilities, and is not in character, even though the OP didn't mention anything of the like. Fine. Superman speed blitzes Sentry, and knocks him out for several hours/days with one punch. If he's in a bad mood, he uses an IMP, and probably kills him.

#82 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

He's done it against Doomsday, Mongul, Batman, ect, it's a fairly consistent feat.

Superman has done it versus Doomsday once, the other times he got either killed (sent into a "healing coma") or got his arm broken and flesh pierced by Doomsdays bones. Why would he need to use his speed against Mongul and Batman? >_> There were instances, where he needed it more and he didn't use it.

The Void is nowhere near as powerful as Darkseid. Darkseid also has matter manipulation, ridiculously powerful telepathy, and vast physical strength and durability. He can even devolve his opponents.

Molecule Man also had matter manipulation. Matter manipulation above Darkseids and look what happened to him. Sentry defeated him. The question is still if the Omega Beam would even work on Sentry, even though now I could be pushing it too far. Yeah, Darkseid has strenght and durability, but so have Hulk and Thor and they both didn't stand a chance against Sentry in his prime.

Basically, Superman wins because of his speed and strength, as already mentioned. He closes fast, hits Sentry hard, and takes him out with one or two punches basically.

But you are ignoring so many of Sentry's abilities during that process. Sentry is fast himself and has abilities not even Silver Age Superman had, which would help him in the fight.
That's a huge mistake people tend to make, when it comes to Sentry fights... If you have the Hulk fighting Superman everyone automatically gives Superman the victory, because he can fly, attack from the air, has the speed advantage and so on. But when you have a Sentry versus Superman fight, people continue to make the exact same statements, while totally ignoring all of the advantages Sentry has over Superman. There is a reason why so many people believe that the majority of the members on Comicvine are heavily biased towards Superman or DC characters in general and always try to come up with arguments for them.

Obviously Hulk isn't immune, if it worked. Superman has fought of telepathic assaults from Dominus I believe, an extremely powerful telepath and reality warper. And this isn't Superman versus the Void. It's Superman versus Sentry. Let's look at Blue Marvel. Blue Marvel, as earlier stated, knocked Sentry out in one punch. Blue Marvel's best strength feat was lifting a meteorite the size of Arkansas. Superman's best strength feat is lifting the weight of the planet Earth for five days. The square milage of Arkansas is around 52,000 square miles. The square milage of the planet is 196, 950, 000. So we are now assuming that each is using the full extent of their abilities, and is not in character, even though the OP didn't mention anything of the like. Fine. Superman speed blitzes Sentry, and knocks him out for several hours/days with one punch. If he's in a bad mood, he uses an IMP, and probably kills him.

Don't think about the Blue Marvel KO... It doesn't mean anything. Superman has been KOed as well and I'm not using that as an argument against him. You know why? Because getting KOed has to do something with the chin. Fighters sometimes get caught. If you get punched at the right spot in the face, your chin snaps back and you get KOed. It happens. It doesn't mean that one fighter is better and stronger than the other, because most fighters get caught going in. That is a fighting fact.
Look at the rest of the fight. Sentry had the upper hand, got knocked out and came seconds later back and one-shotted Blue Marvel, who didn't recover as fast as Sentry did.

But this is not a strenght and speed contest, which Superman would win IMO, because he had decades of time to gather feats, while Sentry and Blue Marvel had much less time. Sentry had 6-8 years and Blue Marvel ... lol.
But in these 6-8 years Sentry did some over the top stuff, which puts him above Superman. Sentry is in a different league, if he fights at his best and in a forum fight he does exactly that. Your only argument is Superman's speed, without exactly knowing Sentry's limits, since he has never been pushed that far, but we know that he is much faster than the speed of light. On top of that Sentry is the one with the matter manipulation above a guy, who shattered various galaxies and timelines during one of his fight. Sentry's damage output is beyond planetary destruction scale. In these 6-8 years of existence Sentry established himself as a more powerful being than Superman.

#83 Edited by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@thebourneposter said:

Superman has done it versus Doomsday once, the other times he got either killed (sent into a "healing coma") or got his arm broken and flesh pierced by Doomsdays bones. Why would he need to use his speed against Mongul and Batman? >_> There were instances, where he needed it more and he didn't use it.

If Sentry hits as hard as you seem to think, Superman will phase.

Molecule Man also had matter manipulation. Matter manipulation above Darkseids and look what happened to him. Sentry defeated him. The question is still if the Omega Beam would even work on Sentry, even though now I could be pushing it too far. Yeah, Darkseid has strenght and durability, but so have Hulk and Thor and they both didn't stand a chance against Sentry in his prime.

You should do some research on Darkseid if you think Sentry could beat him.

But you are ignoring so many of Sentry's abilities during that process. Sentry is fast himself and has abilities not even Silver Age Superman had, which would help him in the fight.
That's a huge mistake people tend to make, when it comes to Sentry fights... If you have the Hulk fighting Superman everyone automatically gives Superman the victory, because he can fly, attack from the air, has the speed advantage and so on. But when you have a Sentry versus Superman fight, people continue to make the exact same statements, while totally ignoring all of the advantages Sentry has over Superman. There is a reason why so many people believe that the majority of the members on Comicvine are heavily biased towards Superman or DC characters in general and always try to come up with arguments for them.

No, you haven't provided a single speed feat that would put Sentry anywhere close to Superman's level of speed. If the best is flying to Saturn in a couple minutes or even seconds, Sentry gets blitzed by a non-holding back Superman.

Don't think about the Blue Marvel KO... It doesn't mean anything. Superman has been KOed as well and I'm not using that as an argument against him. You know why? Because getting KOed has to do something with the chin. Fighters sometimes get caught. If you get punched at the right spot in the face, your chin snaps back and you get KOed. It happens. It doesn't mean that one fighter is better and stronger than the other, because most fighters get caught going in. That is a fighting fact.
Look at the rest of the fight. Sentry had the upper hand, got knocked out and came seconds later back and one-shotted Blue Marvel, who didn't recover as fast as Sentry did.
But this is not a strenght and speed contest, which Superman would win IMO, because he had decades of time to gather feats, while Sentry and Blue Marvel had much less time. Sentry had 6-8 years and Blue Marvel ... lol.
But in these 6-8 years Sentry did some over the top stuff, which puts him above Superman. Sentry is in a different league, if he fights at his best and in a forum fight he does exactly that. Your only argument is Superman's speed, without exactly knowing Sentry's limits, since he has never been pushed that far, but we know that he is much faster than the speed of light. On top of that Sentry is the one with the matter manipulation above a guy, who shattered various galaxies and timelines during one of his fight. Sentry's damage output is beyond planetary destruction scale. In these 6-8 years of existence Sentry established himself as a more powerful being than Superman.

It doesn't mean anything that Sentry got K.O'ed by an opponent far weaker and slower than Superman? That's some nice speculation there that Blue Marvel got lucky, but that's all it is. Speculation. It is also useless. Sentry got knocked out for maybe several minutes by Blue Marvel. Superman is dozens of times stronger, and would kill or incapacitate Sentry after one speed blitz. Just wondering, how do we know that Sentry is faster than the speed of light? Don't give me that "Sentry hasn't been pushed that far" crap. Give me a concrete data point showing that Sentry's speed is in the same neighborhood as Superman's. Superman speed blitzes Sentry and beats him down.

#85 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way IMO.

#86 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't mean anything that Sentry got K.O'ed by an opponent far weaker and slower than Superman? That's some nice speculation there that Blue Marvel got lucky, but that's all it is. Speculation. It is also useless. Sentry got knocked out for maybe several minutes by Blue Marvel. Superman is dozens of times stronger, and would kill or incapacitate Sentry after one speed blitz. Just wondering, how do we know that Sentry is faster than the speed of light? Don't give me that "Sentry hasn't been pushed that far" crap. Give me a concrete data point showing that Sentry's speed is in the same neighborhood as Superman's. Superman speed blitzes Sentry and beats him down.

But Sentry won the fight against Blue Marvel... And he wasn't knocked out for several minutes, he was out for few seconds.
What happened during the time he was knocked out? Blue Marvel was fighting 3 inferior opponents. He said 2 sentences or something, punched one of them away and pushed Iron Man to the ground. During Iron Mans movement you could see Sentry coming back from the outer space, breaking two barriers of something and speedblitzing Blue Marvel into the ground. He couldn't even react to it.
If a character is on the Earth during one panel and in front of the sun two panels alter, it's very often an indicator for speed beyond light. If a character starts screaming, while on the Earth and stops screaming in front of Saturn, it's an indicator for speed beyond light. If a character is on Earth, flies up in the sky and the writer states that he took off with the speed of the light, it's an indicator for speed beyond light.

You need a certain amount of speed to be all over the place like the Sentry during this instance. He isn't even a blur right there. He is everywhere like it's Naruto, who did his Shadow Clone Technique :-| You see something like that being done by the Flash, when he wants to be at the same spot twice, to protect his secret identity!

And the case still remains: What will Superman do, if he can't control his own body? If he unwillingly spins around, while getting shred to pieces? This is not Hyperion & Hulk versus Superman & Thor. This is Sentry & Hulk versus Superman and Thor. Sentry has more powers under his belt and he can use them.

#87 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#88 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Superman only beats Darkseid through PIS or poor writing. He should never bet darkseid alone.

Also, being on a page more than once is just so that writers can indicate he's being fast. It's something that many characters in comics do, and not necessarily the greatest of speed feats.

#89 Posted by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru:

Let's observe the fight, where Sentry said that Blue Marvel was pushing him to his limits, meaning none of that holding back nonsense that Sentry fans always pull. Blue Marvel and Sentry fight, Blue Marvel knocks him out, Sentry comes back a couple minutes later, and knocks out Blue Marvel. Sentry is then basically out for the count and needs assistance to get back up. Wonder Man states that Sentry barely won.

The first two, yes. The last one, no. So Batman is faster than light if he "leaps out of the batmobile at lighting speed,"? Still, the feats listed pale in comparison to flying to the Andromeda galaxy in hours, or another solar system in a panel or two.

Yeah, Sentry is moving so fast in that scan that Ms. Marvel gets out two whole sentences before he is done fixing the structure.

That won't happen. Sentry will get blitzed, and Superman will put his fist through his head, or punch him into another universe.

#90 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos.

#91 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Great fight, could see it going either way considering how inconsistent all four combatants are!

I ultimately chose Sentry/Hulk since they are friends (this makes a difference) and Sentry's potential is ridiculous.

#92 Edited by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

Sentry and Hulk would win.

Sentry and Hulk already teamed up in the past. They know what they're doing. I also don't see any reason why Sentry shouldn't be able to heal the Hulk during the fight, since he has already done it in the past. So in the end it would be Hulk (with Sentry's support) versus Thor and Sentry versus Superman.

I see Hulk winning the fight against Thor, especially now where he would have major support, while Sentry stalemates Superman, someone he should be able to defeat anyway. Then Sentry and Hulk would proceed to attack Superman with combined forces.

Oh and one more thing:

You fail.

#93 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru:

Let's observe the fight, where Sentry said that Blue Marvel was pushing him to his limits, meaning none of that holding back nonsense that Sentry fans always pull.

Sentry also told Blue Marvel to stay down, before he really gets started on him.
And in the end of the day you're still ignoring Sentry's abilities which put him above any Blue Marvel like character.

Yeah, Sentry is moving so fast in that scan that Ms. Marvel gets out two whole sentences before he is done fixing the structure.

Once again, you're totally ignoring what's happening. You don't just snap with your fingers and something is repaired. Superman would need time to do something like that as well.

That won't happen. Sentry will get blitzed, and Superman will put his fist through his head, or punch him into another universe.

Let's stop now. I don't mind arguing with people, but you are ignoring Sentry's powerset, which makes it totaly pointless. You're putting Sentry on the same level as Hulk, who would lose to Superman due to inferior speed.
You think that Superman wins, because he is stronger and faster and I think that Superman wouldn't be able to acomplish something with that, because in Sentry he is facing someone who is beyond physical attributes thanks to his matter manipulation and overall energy output.

#94 Edited by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@thebourneposter said:

@enzeru:

Sentry also told Blue Marvel to stay down, before he really gets started on him.
And in the end of the day you're still ignoring Sentry's abilities which put him above any Blue Marvel like character.

No, he was already being pushed to his limits.
Once again, you're totally ignoring what's happening. You don't just snap with your fingers and something is repaired. Superman would need time to do something like that as well.

Actually, if you're moving at the speed of light, you could perform a complex task in seconds.
Let's stop now. I don't mind arguing with people, but you are ignoring Sentry's powerset, which makes it totaly pointless. You're putting Sentry on the same level as Hulk, who would lose to Superman due to inferior speed.
You think that Superman wins, because he is stronger and faster and I think that Superman wouldn't be able to acomplish something with that, because in Sentry he is facing someone who is beyond physical attributes thanks to his matter manipulation and overall energy output.

That's fine, since I think you're a bit of a fanboy. Sentry isn't beyond physical attributes. He got incinerated by Thor and knocked out by blue Marvel. I have proven with evidence that Superman is leagues faster, and since Sentry was knocked out by someone significantly weaker, there's not much to discuss. You haven't proven that Sentry has the reflexes to react to a speed blitz, and it has been proven that a weaker opponent can knock Sentry out. This debate is over.

Oh, and like someone else mentioned, Darkseid would handily beat Superman in a no PIS fight.

#95 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he was already being pushed to his limits.

Stop ignoring Sentry's other powers. He doesn't only have strenght and flight.

Actually, if you're moving at the speed of light, you could perform a complex task in seconds.

I dare you to show me an instance where Superman does it in such fashion.

That's fine, since I think you're a bit of a fanboy. Sentry isn't beyond physical attributes. He got incinerated by Thor and knocked out by blue Marvel. I have proven with evidence that Superman is leagues faster, and since Sentry was knocked out by someone significantly weaker, there's not much to discuss. You haven't proven that Sentry has the reflexes to react to a speed blitz, and it has been proven that a weaker opponent can knock Sentry out. This debate is over.

That's not how it works son.
Let me tell you how you're arguing: You're saying that Superman has shown consistent feats of combat speed like phasing through opponents attacks, which he hasn't, since as I've already told you ... he did it once to Doomsday and got tagged by Doomsday many other times and he also got tagged by slower opponents many other times. You're basically giving Superman access to tactics, which he doesn't use on a consistent basis and you're totally denying Sentry access to abilities, which he doesn't use on a consistent basis. And you're calling me a fanboy?

On top of that you say that Sentry got incinerated by Thor, even though everyone knows that Sentry wanted to die at that point and in the actual fight Thor was COMPLETELY chanceless against Sentry, hitting him with everything he got and he was not able to inflict any real damage on the Sentry. Oh and Thor has better striking than Superman in an actual fight.

What you're doing is a pity. You're totally holding onto the bad showings of the Sentry. Only using that as an argument against him and you're refusing to accept that Sentry overall has more power than Superman and because of which, Superman would ultimately lose. Superman is not defeating a character, whose high end feats put him above Superman and most of the people Superman has ever faced. He simply isn't.
But you want him to and that's your argument. Your argument is: "I want Superman to win."
You're right, this debate is over.

#96 Posted by TheBournePoster (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@thebourneposter said:

Stop ignoring Sentry's other powers. He doesn't only have strenght and flight..

True. But it's your word against Sentry's I guess. He said he was being pushed to his limits.
I dare you to show me an instance where Superman does it in such fashion.

I didn't say Superman could. I'm saying that in "real life" if you moved at the speed of light, you'd be going so absurdly fast, you could compleye complex tasks in seconds.
That's not how it works son.
Let me tell you how you're arguing: You're saying that Superman has shown consistent feats of combat speed like phasing through opponents attacks, which he hasn't, since as I've already told you ... he did it once to Doomsday and got tagged by Doomsday many other times and he also got tagged by slower opponents many other times. You're basically giving Superman access to tactics, which he doesn't use on a consistent basis and you're totally denying Sentry access to abilities, which he doesn't use on a consistent basis. And you're calling me a fanboy?
On top of that you say that Sentry got incinerated by Thor, even though everyone knows that Sentry wanted to die at that point and in the actual fight Thor was COMPLETELY chanceless against Sentry, hitting him with everything he got and he was not able to inflict any real damage on the Sentry. Oh and Thor has better striking than Superman in an actual fight.
What you're doing is a pity. You're totally holding onto the bad showings of the Sentry. Only using that as an argument against him and you're refusing to accept that Sentry overall has more power than Superman and because of which, Superman would ultimately lose. Superman is not defeating a character, whose high end feats put him above Superman and most of the people Superman has ever faced. He simply isn't.
But you want him to and that's your argument. Your argument is: "I want Superman to win."
You're right, this debate is over.

What the hell are you babbling about? Do you want them fighting in character or not? In character, Superman wins, because Sentry doesn't use those abilities against opponents like Superman. Out of character, with full utilization of their abilities, Superman speed blitzes and knocks Sentry out like a punk. Sentry doesn't have the speed or durability to withstand a speed blitz from Superman. When Sentry wanted to die, he was temporarily in control. Then the Void took over again and Thor incinerated it. Oh, and Thor really doesn't. You have to break that bad habit of making shit up and speculating with no evidence at all. Your argument is ,"I think maybe possibly Sentry has the potential to react to a speed blitz and oh my god Sentry is so cool." No evidence, nothing. If you can show me a single scan of Sentry reacting to or exhibiting speed in the same country (earlier I said neighborhood, but that doesn't quite say it) as Superman, I'll concede. I already know that Sentry was knocked out by someone far slower and far weaker than Superman. Superman is too fast for Sentry to react to. The fight time will be 0.0001 seconds.

#97 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't bother arguing with him. He thinks Superman could beat Wally West, Silver Surfer, and Thanos while not knowing the difference between All Star Superman and New 52 Superman, Barry Allen and Wally West, and claiming Superman is stronger than Thor Thanos or the Silver Surfer.

#99 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't bother arguing with him. He thinks Superman could beat Wally West, Silver Surfer, and Thanos while not knowing the difference between All Star Superman and New 52 Superman, Barry Allen and Wally West, and claiming Superman is stronger than Thor Thanos or the Silver Surfer.

LOL Alright.

#100 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hmm..I'm in too much debates to debate this right now, lol so next time.