Posted by Spideysense44 (3703 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: Sentry and Hulk vs Thor and Superman (78 votes)

Sentry team 27%
Thor team 65%
#1 Posted by God_Spawn (39280 posts) - - Show Bio

We have a battle forum you know?

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of team 2 can beat either of team 1. So from there, the victors are pretty clear.

#3 Edited by MrPhoenix (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too sure if Sentry could take supes but Hulk usually beats Thor, they could team up on superman a possibly win this.

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too sure if Sentry could take supes but Hulk usually beats Thor, they could team up on superman a possibly win this.

I thought Hulk only beat Thor once...

#5 Posted by MrPhoenix (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: they have beaten each other a couple of times, Thor would most likely win more often but he brawls rather than use the versatility of his powers wisely

#6 Posted by Bruxae (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of team 2 can beat either of team 1. So from there, the victors are pretty clear.

This.

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by CHUCKY47 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Team thor

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by MrPhoenix (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry or the Hulk could take Thor so This would most likely end up as Hulk and Sentry vs Supes, its Thor's and superman's popularity that is winning this.

#14 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry or the Hulk could take Thor so This would most likely end up as Hulk and Sentry vs Supes, its Thor's and superman's popularity that is winning this.

And what if Superman just punches Hulk into outa space in the first millisecond of the fight?

Then its Sentry vs Thor and Superman..

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@theacidskull said:

@monsterstomp said:

@theacidskull said:

@bruxae said:

@thundergodswrath said:

This.

Nope.

Yep

Not really.

Yes really.

Thor can be beat By hulk as Much as hulk can be beat By thor, consider that Thor also Brawls add the fact that hulk will most likely win. Consider that hulk has easily shrugged off thor level ordinance recently, along wit proving to fight hYperion( who is really powerful) Head on and even making him bleed. Sentry can beat thor too, at least it's debatable.

Not saying that team 1 wins, but your statement about each member of team 2 being able to beat each member of team 1 is not right.

What if Sentry vs Thor and Hulk vs Superman?

#16 Edited by MrPhoenix (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: How often does Superman punch someone into space? this is the only argument besides speed blitzing i ever hear, oh and lets not forget the all time classic...throws him into the sun

#17 Posted by MonsterStomp (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: How often does Superman punch someone into space? this is the only argument besides speed blitzing i ever hear, oh and lets not forget the all time classic...throws him into the sun

Okay. Hulk is the only one here who can't fly. My bet is, Sentry vs Superman and Thor first. Then Hulk gets pwned.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (218323 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Thor and Superman here...

#20 Posted by MrPhoenix (370 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way in my opinion, with Hulk vs Thor anything could happen and Sentry isn't exactly a pushover.

#21 Posted by AngryHulks (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@monsterstomp said:

@theacidskull said:

@monsterstomp said:

@theacidskull said:

@bruxae said:

@thundergodswrath said:

This.

Nope.

Yep

Not really.

Yes really.

Thor can be beat By hulk as Much as hulk can be beat By thor, consider that Thor also Brawls add the fact that hulk will most likely win. Consider that hulk has easily shrugged off thor level ordinance recently, along wit proving to fight hYperion( who is really powerful) Head on and even making him bleed. Sentry can beat thor too, at least it's debatable.

Not saying that team 1 wins, but your statement about each member of team 2 being able to beat each member of team 1 is not right.

What if Sentry vs Thor and Hulk vs Superman?

Sentry handles Thor without any problem before, he simply delivers multiple punches in a span of few seconds, which incapacitate Thor immediately.

I think Thor vs Hulk and Sentry vs Superman is a better match.

#22 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2909 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry n hulk FTW

#25 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Supes rolfstomp

#26 Posted by Lvenger (23135 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there are many ways this could go but IMO, these two match ups do yield the same outcome.

If it was Thor vs Sentry and Hulk vs Superman, Superman would eventually start speed blitzing and using his variety of powers to wear Hulk down and finish him off. Physically, he's close enough to achieve this easily and so Hulk goes down in enough time. As for Thor vs Sentry, it's dubious how often Sentry actually uses his combat speed in fights. He didn't with WWH nor did he with Thor. If he does though, he'll have Thor on the ropes. But they're close enough in every other respect for Thor to hold on whilst Superman beats Hulk and then the two overpower Sentry.

If it was Superman vs Sentry and Thor vs Hulk, it would be a much closer tie. An in character Thor vs Hulk fight is always a close one and neither combatant would have a greater chance of winning than the other despite Thor's more diverse arsenal from his hammer. As for Superman vs Sentry, whilst he'd be a better match for Supes than Hulk, Superman has much more experience and skill with his powers and quite frankly better feats. I'd edge Thor over Hulk but like before, Superman will have beaten Sentry before Hulk or Thor beat each other.

#28 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Can beat Thor IMO, Hulk has proven two times already that he is no doubts stronger, and while thor no doubt his versatile i do think hulk can take him 6/10, and i do believe that Sentry could Hold supes off. though the end result is still team 2, that much i can admit :P

So stupid when Thor could just hover in the air and lighting bolt him..Thor fights like an idiot on steroids half the time.

#29 Posted by logy5000 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

I think either of team 2 could solo.

*Awaits angry responses*

#30 Posted by Lvenger (23135 posts) - - Show Bio

I think You're nor giving hulk enough credit here man, he is more powerful and faster i might add currently, Hulk had no problem with Hyperion and even made a guy bleed, even though he lived through two planets exploding. thats of course not to imply that Hulk has Planetary punches but it does show how much he can concentrated his strength into one punch. Superman would win if he started Splitzing but he doesn't do the right away, if he did it initially sure but he won't, giving hulk time to build up his strength.

Hulk Can beat Thor IMO, Hulk has proven two times already that he is no doubts stronger, and while thor no doubt his versatile i do think hulk can take him 6/10, and i do believe that Sentry could Hold supes off. though the end result is still team 2, that much i can admit :P

Perhaps I underestimate him in the power department but not in the speed department. Your thread provides a nice assessment of Hulk's combat and reaction speed feats and having seen those feats such as swatting Quicksilver, catching Cap's shield, swatting missiles out of air etc, they pale in comparison to Superman's combat speed. We are talking about a guy who sets off hypersonic booms with every punch made and can zoom around the field of battle in the time it takes someone to say his name. Not to mention he has nanosecond reactions and can speed up his senses to slow down time. Couple that with speed blitzing and it seems ever unlikely that Hulk can gain an edge even if he builds up his power due to Superman's immense versatility. Hyperion hasn't shown that yet.

The OP hasn't specified any conditions so I think we're supposed to assume they're in character and all that. In character, it can go either way since Thor won't use his higher end attacks on the Hulk which limits what he can do in the fight.

#33 Posted by TheBournePoster (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by dondave (39846 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#35 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

I think You're nor giving hulk enough credit here man, he is more powerful and faster i might add currently, Hulk had no problem with Hyperion and even made a guy bleed, even though he lived through two planets exploding. thats of course not to imply that Hulk has Planetary punches but it does show how much he can concentrated his strength into one punch. Superman would win if he started Splitzing but he doesn't do the right away, if he did it initially sure but he won't, giving hulk time to build up his strength.

Perhaps I underestimate him in the power department but not in the speed department. Your thread provides a nice assessment of Hulk's combat and reaction speed feats and having seen those feats such as swatting Quicksilver, catching Cap's shield, swatting missiles out of air etc, they pale in comparison to Superman's combat speed. We are talking about a guy who sets off hypersonic booms with every punch made and can zoom around the field of battle in the time it takes someone to say his name. Not to mention he has nanosecond reactions and can speed up his senses to slow down time. Couple that with speed blitzing and it seems ever unlikely that Hulk can gain an edge even if he builds up his power due to Superman's immense versatility. Hyperion hasn't shown that yet.

The OP hasn't specified any conditions so I think we're supposed to assume they're in character and all that. In character, it can go either way since Thor won't use his higher end attacks on the Hulk which limits what he can do in the fight.

True, but superman ins't UnTAGable, i mean, i'm pretty sure he's been tagged by someone much slower than him at one point, or has that never happened?

Hulk was slower than though, he moves like a Buzz now, well not a buzz but he's seen mostly as a blur, running through frost giants , quickly ramming through mad thinkers robots. Etc etc. In the power and Durability department, superman WILL have trouble with hulk, he's tough nut to crack, add thet fact that he has a HF that makes wolverine looks like a wimp :P

Superman could blitz hulk before one of his neural synapses has even fired lol it's ridiculous to think otherwise xD

#36 Edited by Enzeru--defunct (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry and Hulk would win.

Sentry and Hulk already teamed up in the past. They know what they're doing. I also don't see any reason why Sentry shouldn't be able to heal the Hulk during the fight, since he has already done it in the past. So in the end it would be Hulk (with Sentry's support) versus Thor and Sentry versus Superman.

I see Hulk winning the fight against Thor, especially now where he would have major support, while Sentry stalemates Superman, someone he should be able to defeat anyway. Then Sentry and Hulk would proceed to attack Superman with combined forces.

Oh and one more thing:

#38 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

True, but superman ins't UnTAGable, i mean, i'm pretty sure he's been tagged by someone much slower than him at one point, or has that never happened?

Hulk was slower than though, he moves like a Buzz now, well not a buzz but he's seen mostly as a blur, running through frost giants , quickly ramming through mad thinkers robots. Etc etc. In the power and Durability department, superman WILL have trouble with hulk, he's tough nut to crack, add thet fact that he has a HF that makes wolverine looks like a wimp :P

Superman could blitz hulk before one of his neural synapses has even fired lol it's ridiculous to think otherwise xD

Could he? Sure.

Will He? No. In character Supes doesn't Just Splitz People.

He's an idiot! If he did ONE speed of light punch towards hulk it would cause a nuclear explosion basically lol

#39 Edited by TheBournePoster (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would beat Sentry, as my earlier post would suggest. His physicals allow him to overpower and knock Sentry out.

#40 Edited by SOG7dc (10034 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how this fight would go:

Hulk: GULK SM....

(superman throws him into space where he is helplessly floating round)

Sentry: uuuuhhhh....

(Thor and superman look at sentry and then play rock, paper, scissors to see who will get to whip him. They tie three times in a row....)

Thor: together then?

Superman: you know what? Let's give the poor guy a chance. You take this one I already had my fun.

(sentry starts charging at Thor only to be tagged by a bolt of lightening)

Thor: oh come on that was barely a shock!

(superman and Thor walk away)

Superman: dude I think he might be dead)

Thor: don't worry this is a place on Midgard called "Florida", you can kill whoever you want here as long as they're walking towards you.

Superman: did you say Florida?!?!

Thor: yes why?

Superman: I'll be back, I gotta go get Tim Tebows autograph

The end

#41 Posted by laflux (20344 posts) - - Show Bio

Provided Sentry doesn't turn Void, then Supes and Thor

#42 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter said:

Superman would beat Sentry, as my earlier post would suggest. His physicals allow him to overpower and knock Sentry out.

• World War Hulk was punching a weaker version of the Sentry over and over and over again and he was not able to knock him out for the longest time.
  • Thor tried his best and smacked the Sentry, who only backed up few meters. Thor's reaction: "Odin's eye." In the next panel he was like: "YOU'VE CHOSEN THE WRONG BATTLEFIELD! AND FOR THAT I MUST SMITE YOU WITH ALL THE POWER UNDER MY COMMAND!" and in the next scene he was all curled up, while Sentry had bad intentions with him (he probably wanted to rip him apart, the way he did it with Ares before).
  • Photon was busting planets, while being unable to even scratch the Sentry.
  • The Void was not able to harm the Sentry and right now we're talking about Void, who broke Hulk apart multiple times and probably did similar stuff to Thor.
  • THE MOLECULE MAN ... THE MOLECULE MAN ... Aw, I'll spare you that.

What makes you think that Superman can beat down the Sentry? Someone who can create force fields, can teleport, regenerate at a rate much higher than Wolverine's PIS healing factor, passivily destroys planets while fighting and breaks cosmic weapons for lunch?

#43 Edited by TheBournePoster (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: From your picture I was expecting a much less intelligible argument. Fortunately, I was wrong.

*Key word there, for the longest time. Superman is stronger than World War Hulk, and much faster, meaning more force behind his blows. And what is there to suggest that Sentry could withstand an IMP?

*Again, Thor doesn't hit as hard as Superman does, and isn't as fast.

*Superman was benching the Earth for five days, so he could lay at least a scratch on Sentry.

I think that Superman can beat Sentry because a) as far as I know, he is faster than anyone he has ever faced, and much faster than Reynolds b) He is much stronger than Sentry, as we all know is true. He can hit harder than anyone Sentry has faced. c) No abilities Sentry demonstrates on a consistent basis showed the power to take out Superman.

#44 Posted by Saren (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

What.......nonsense.....

#46 Posted by Saren (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

which part exactly? :P

The nonsense about Sentry, which I figured would have gone away considering a certain someone was banned for trolling, but ah, site-wide resets and the glitches they bring out.....

#48 Posted by Saren (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

The nonsense about Sentry, which I figured would have gone away considering a certain someone was banned for trolling, but ah, site-wide resets and the glitches they bring out.....

Ah :P, i see. Should SUperman normally own Sentry?

About 7/10 would be my guess.

#50 Posted by Saren (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

What.......nonsense.....

Ah :P, i see. Should SUperman normally own Sentry?

About 7/10 would be my guess.

ah, i see. What about Thor and Hulk?

Depends on who's writing, but I'd say Thor 6/10.