• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

Battleground: Asgard

#3 Edited by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (5044 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel. That armor was made of paper.

#5 Posted by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Would Extremis be a better match then?

#6 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel

#7 Edited by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel, they were powerful. Also, Extremis armour is useless.

#8 Posted by jwalser3 (5044 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: Honestly, I don't even thing that will work. The Senital can just adapt.

#9 Posted by thanosii (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

#10 Posted by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17663 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinels.

#12 Edited by GXrevolution96 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinels stomp. These are the machine that ripped colossus apart with ease.

#13 Edited by kyrees (5128 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

#14 Posted by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

Yes... And she also took down Sentinels, Magneto got a metal fragment stuck in his chest, he still took down Sentinels. They were the only two to do so IIRC.

#15 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (1839 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go against everyone and say Tony could potentially solo.

#16 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel take this.

#17 Edited by Rebel_Leader1 (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel

#18 Posted by Noone301994 (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go against everyone and say Tony could potentially solo.

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5912 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one Sentinel? Probably Ironman and War Machine

#20 Posted by BloodsunX (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from the fact that J.A.R.V.I.S. detected the weaknesses of the Chitari serpents(which are alien beings), im assuming he can identify the weakness of the Sentinels which are man made. I think Iron Man and War Machine take it, but only due to J.A.R.V.I.S.'s AI skill.

#21 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (1839 posts) - - Show Bio
@bloodsunx said:

Judging from the fact that J.A.R.V.I.S. detected the weaknesses of the Chitari serpents(which are alien beings), im assuming he can identify the weakness of the Sentinels which are man made. I think Iron Man and War Machine take it, but only due to J.A.R.V.I.S.'s AI skill.

Nah, I believe either Tony or Rhodey could simply just blast them into smithereens.

The Sentinels have no feats to suggest they could even damage any pre-Extrimis armour, and absolutely 0 comparable durability feat to suggest they could withstand even one repulsor blast from Tony. (Scratch that. My other points still stand) JARVIS is not needed here.

#22 Posted by thanosii (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: interesting because it seems like you didn't watch the movie at all

#23 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

I think IM and War Machine can handle a single sentinel

#24 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch - the Sentinels stomp.

#25 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel pwns

#26 Posted by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is Mark VII Iron Man solos.

#27 Posted by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos said:

Mismatch - the Sentinels stomp.

There is no plural in Sentinel.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24496 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a mismatch, nor is it a stomp for either side. The sentinels had some great durability feats, but in the end, I think Iron Man could beat it via missiles, I don't recall them tanking explosives, just blasts of fire, ice etc.

#29 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (1839 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanosii said:

@rudebomberboy01: interesting because it seems like you didn't watch the movie at all

I watched it on the first day it came out here in the U.K. They were not that impressive.

Tony can handle one Sentinel on his own, adding Rhodey makes this a mismatch.

#30 Posted by Hyperlight (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron men ftw. Sentinel probably cant defend against arc reactor technologies since it isnt mutant derived ot in their databases.

#31 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos said:

Mismatch - the Sentinels stomp.

There is no plural in Sentinel.

I know - didn't care enough to edit it. Neither IM or WM have the showings in the films to say they can beat a DoFP Sentinel. Those things could survive being nuked, blasted lightning, extreme temperachures or just plane force without much issue.

Short of Returns Superman, ROTS Silver Surfer, Dr. Manhattan - those sentinels are likely to beat handily any other hero whose appeared on screen so far. If not with their raw physical stats - their magic ability to seemingly mimic their opponent's powers (fire, ice, super strength / dense metal layered skin).

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17663 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

Yes... And she also took down Sentinels, Magneto got a metal fragment stuck in his chest, he still took down Sentinels. They were the only two to do so IIRC.

You think it was Metal? I thought it was non-metal. Or at least that's how I interpreted the scene since he stopped everything else.

#33 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6187 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@kyrees said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

Yes... And she also took down Sentinels, Magneto got a metal fragment stuck in his chest, he still took down Sentinels. They were the only two to do so IIRC.

You think it was Metal? I thought it was non-metal. Or at least that's how I interpreted the scene since he stopped everything else.

Could have been either I guess, could be that it was a piece of a Sentinel he couldn't stop or a piece of metal that he just missed. You're right though it probably wasn't metal, that would make more sense.

#35 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@rogueshadow said:

@kyrees said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

Yes... And she also took down Sentinels, Magneto got a metal fragment stuck in his chest, he still took down Sentinels. They were the only two to do so IIRC.

You think it was Metal? I thought it was non-metal. Or at least that's how I interpreted the scene since he stopped everything else.

Could have been either I guess, could be that it was a piece of a Sentinel he couldn't stop or a piece of metal that he just missed. You're right though it probably wasn't metal, that would make more sense.

The materials for Sentinels from the 1970s were already anti-magneto proof by design. It wouldn't make much sense for Trask Industries to make them vulnerable to him in the future (rocket alloys or whatever plot metal they were designed with).

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos said:

@rogueshadow said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@rogueshadow said:

@kyrees said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thanosii said:

Sentinals only Magneto could stand up to them but he in the movie was effortlessly lifting stadiums

And Storm.

got skewerd by one when she turned her back.

Yes... And she also took down Sentinels, Magneto got a metal fragment stuck in his chest, he still took down Sentinels. They were the only two to do so IIRC.

You think it was Metal? I thought it was non-metal. Or at least that's how I interpreted the scene since he stopped everything else.

Could have been either I guess, could be that it was a piece of a Sentinel he couldn't stop or a piece of metal that he just missed. You're right though it probably wasn't metal, that would make more sense.

The materials for Sentinels from the 1970s were already anti-magneto proof by design. It wouldn't make much sense for Trask Industries to make them vulnerable to him in the future (rocket alloys or whatever plot metal they were designed with).

I know, but the blackbird was made of metal, that's why I said it could be a piece of Sentinel [non-metal] or metal.

#37 Posted by Jacthripper (2854 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentinel wins

Uless were talking the original one

#38 Posted by lethalsmash (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really have much evidence to support this but I think colossus is stronger and more durable than any ironman armors so the sentinel could tear both of them apart.

#39 Edited by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

@lethalsmash: Can't compare the two. IM is ranged and flies.

#40 Posted by Pierpat (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

@lethalsmash: You don't have anything to support that.

Colossus's only feats are tanking small weapon fire and throaing wolverine.

The armors should win this, if they get serious from the start even without losses.

#41 Posted by lethalsmash (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: I can't compare their strength and durability??? I'm not comparing how one can fly and one can't just how they would take a hit.

#42 Posted by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

@lethalsmash: Tony's only chance is if he doesn't get touched. That's pretty clear.

#43 Posted by lethalsmash (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: ya exactly. And since the sentinels can fly and have energy projection of various sorts if they absorbed some other powers then it would be hard for tony not to get touched.

#44 Posted by MasterKungFu (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Team if they can outsmart it

#45 Posted by BoringPerson (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Repulsor High Five OP.

But seriously, the Sentinel should win easy.

Online
#46 Posted by Thorverine (408 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, the Iron Man suits were shut down pretty easily by overheating them in IM3

#47 Posted by dimitridkatsis (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Stark's armors were made a joke in the 3rd movie, I mean wtf? he could take hits from Thor but not heat? Bullsh?t.

#48 Posted by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, the Iron Man suits were shut down pretty easily by overheating them in IM3

But took a full on blast by Thor in Avengers.

#49 Posted by Iragexcudder (4924 posts) - - Show Bio

If ironman does that laser shot that cut the HAMMER drones in half then he'd easily pwn.

#50 Edited by lethalsmash (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: OH YA!! I forgot about that, if he used that then he could cut it in half end of story. That would have come in handy in the third movie -_-