• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mee09 (557 posts) - - Show Bio

Steven Armstrong:

vs:

Luke Cage:

Who wins?

*EDIT*

Feats for Armstrong:

• Able to easily resist Raiden's attacks even with his sword (which cut through titanium like butter throughout the game).
#2 Posted by Stingerrain (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage boasts about being super durable and how normal physical attacks won't work on him.

.... To which Armstrong responds by killing him with one punch.

#3 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke isn't even in Armstrong's weight category. Allow me to demonstrate why.

Armstrong was blatantly overpowering Raiden physically, and keep in mind, Raiden with an outdated body could do this

[IMG]

Said Mecha is known to be at least five hundred tons in it's base form, and this was a super customized RAY with far more weaponry than the old Synthetic muscle version.

But what about his new body?

[IMG]

The MG Excelsus there can be quite comfortably calculated out to being at least ten thousand tons given that it is *far* larger than the Metal Gear Ray, having similar dimensions to an *aircraft carrier*.

Raiden didn't even phase Armstrong when they had their punch outs.

Armstrong is also crazy fast.

Raiden was then able to use the nearly thirty meter long high frequency blade of the MG Excelsus and swing it hundreds of times at hypersonic speeds to cut apart the Excelsus' weaponry hundreds of times before the first cut even had time to separate.

With an outdated body Raiden was able to play hop skotch on a virtual storm of Anti-tank missiles (which move at well over mach 2 mind you) without missing a single beat

He also ran down a skyscraper to get at the Metal Gear RAY while dodging a storm of missiles, a massive energy weapon, and of course things like balconies at what can be quite reasonably calculated out to Transonic or Supersonic speeds.

Armstrong was able to *blitz* this guy and at machine gun like rates without showing any signs of tiring.

Armstrong is also immensely durable.

Despite Raiden giving off massive amounts of electricity constantly, striking at incredible speeds with immense strength, and having a sword that actually cuts better than a lightsaber as the cuts it makes are actually substantially deeper than the length of the Blade, Raiden was entirely unable to harm Armstrong until he acquired the Murasama high frequency sword.

He hit armstrong hundreds of times as fast and as hard as he could, and Armstrong just let him wail on him with a smile on his face because he knew that Raiden could not hurt him due to the strength of his reactive armor.

Further feats of Armstrong include taking Raiden's sword, which can parry the enormous high frequency blades of Metal Gears swung at full force or hit Explosive Reactive Armor in large amounts (and ERA is effectively a bomb strapped to a tank to blast away supersonic jets of molten metal or supersonic kinetic penetration rods that weigh as much as a child) without the slightest bit of damage, blocking it with his hands, and then just snapping it apart by squeezing his fingers and twisting the blade to the side.

He also punched apart the Metal Gear Excelsus in one punch when he pinned Raiden down and hit him with one mother of a wind up punch that managed to destroy the Excelsus entirely, blowing it apart in something akin to a small nuclear detonation, and all of this without actually directly impacting the thing. All the force had to be transferred from Raiden's body to the machine as he hit Raiden in the chest.

Also, Armstrong has a pretty great healing factor, being able to draw in more energy to himself to regenerate or reattatch body parts instantly

He can even fight through being stabbed with a superheated high frequency blade that is literally turning his organs into steamed spaghetti and have enough fight left in him to still attempt to overpower Raiden and give a speech while Raiden's got his hand in his heart (not that Luke is ever going to get past the Nanite armor).

And even if you sever a limb, Armstrong can use the severed stump as a murderous stabbing implement as Sam found out.

Effectively, the only way to really hurt Armstrong is to hit him where his reactive armor hasn't formed, and that took Cyborg Ninja level reflexes and strength and the single best high frequency sword ever made and even then Armstrong still beat the hell out of Sam and was only *barely* beaten by Raiden with said sword. Watch him effortlessly parry everything Sam can do here

Oh and Armstrong has the Lorrenz force, which gives him Telekinesis and theoretically, the ability to stick to things like Spiderman as he's tapping into the same power that Monsoon uses. Armstrong used this power to lift dozens of tanks, APCs, and Helicopters to draw in energy to fight sam, manipulate the cords and cables of the Excelsus to sap power from them, draw energy from the exploded remains of the Excelsus to kickstart his regeneration, and lift and hurl five helicopter gunships fast enough to be a serious threat to Sam's health.

How is all of this possible? How can he be so strong?

The answer is simple

@nickzambuto I take it that this explanation pleases you?

#4 Posted by DarkRaiden (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong godstomps. You'd be better of using Red Hulk or even Namor than Cage. They still might lose.

#5 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoops, put a "punch at machine gun like rates" up there.

I'd edit it but the vine eats the gifs when I do.

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw an Armstrong vs Colossus matchup on the Vine somewhere and Armstrong could still take him. Dude was shrugging off Raiden's HF blade with ease. Anyone who has played the game would know his blade weakens particle bonds, yet it didn't phase past Armstrongs nanomachines.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09: Something tells me you already had a winner in mind.

#8 Posted by Juiceboks (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong vs. Grey Hulk would be a MUCH better matchup.

#9 Edited by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Don't forget the punch that practically one-shotted the EG Excelsus, despite Raiden soaking up the majority of the hit.

#10 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could serve as a mini-Armstrong respect thread actually...

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: At the University of Texas no less! That's no cushy ivy league school.

Could have gone pro if he hadn't joined the navy.

He's not one of those beltway pansies, he could break the president in two, with his bare hands!

#16 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Standing here I realize

You are just like me trying to history...

#17 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Honestly, I think with their feats, Metal Gear earth as of Rising would be able to fight the Pacific Rim Kaiju without Jaegers or fight off the man of steel kryptonians without Kal-El's help.

Although if Man of Steel's course of events happened in Pacific Rim the patriots would certainly be using him. And snake would probably kill him during the war economy era.

But Armstrong Suplexing Kaiju?

Best thing, or best thing ever?

#18 Posted by RetconCrisis (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong was blatantly overpowering Raiden physically, and keep in mind, Raiden with an outdated body could do this

Said Mecha is known to be at least five hundred tons in it's base form, and this was a super customized RAY with far more weaponry than the old Synthetic muscle version.

The MG Excelsus there can be quite comfortably calculated out to being at least ten thousand tons given that it is *far* larger than the Metal Gear Ray, having similar dimensions to an *aircraft carrier*.

Raiden was then able to use the nearly thirty meter long high frequency blade of the MG Excelsus and swing it hundreds of times at hypersonic speeds to cut apart the Excelsus' weaponry hundreds of times before the first cut even had time to separate.

With an outdated body Raiden was able to play hop skotch on a virtual storm of Anti-tank missiles (which move at well over mach 2 mind you) without missing a single beat

He also ran down a skyscraper to get at the Metal Gear RAY while dodging a storm of missiles, a massive energy weapon, and of course things like balconies at what can be quite reasonably calculated out to Transonic or Supersonic speeds.

Armstrong was able to *blitz* this guy and at machine gun like rates without showing any signs of tiring.

Despite Raiden giving off massive amounts of electricity constantly, striking at incredible speeds with immense strength, and having a sword that actually cuts better than a lightsaber as the cuts it makes are actually substantially deeper than the length of the Blade, Raiden was entirely unable to harm Armstrong until he acquired the Murasama high frequency sword.

He hit armstrong hundreds of times as fast and as hard as he could, and Armstrong just let him wail on him with a smile on his face because he knew that Raiden could not hurt him due to the strength of his reactive armor.

Further feats of Armstrong include taking Raiden's sword, which can parry the enormous high frequency blades of Metal Gears swung at full force or hit Explosive Reactive Armor in large amounts (and ERA is effectively a bomb strapped to a tank to blast away supersonic jets of molten metal or supersonic kinetic penetration rods that weigh as much as a child) without the slightest bit of damage, blocking it with his hands, and then just snapping it apart by squeezing his fingers and twisting the blade to the side.

He also punched apart the Metal Gear Excelsus in one punch when he pinned Raiden down and hit him with one mother of a wind up punch that managed to destroy the Excelsus entirely, blowing it apart in something akin to a small nuclear detonation, and all of this without actually directly impacting the thing. All the force had to be transferred from Raiden's body to the machine as he hit Raiden in the chest.

Also, Armstrong has a pretty great healing factor, being able to draw in more energy to himself to regenerate or reattatch body parts instantly

He can even fight through being stabbed with a superheated high frequency blade that is literally turning his organs into steamed spaghetti and have enough fight left in him to still attempt to overpower Raiden and give a speech while Raiden's got his hand in his heart (not that Luke is ever going to get past the Nanite armor).

And even if you sever a limb, Armstrong can use the severed stump as a murderous stabbing implement as Sam found out.

Effectively, the only way to really hurt Armstrong is to hit him where his reactive armor hasn't formed, and that took Cyborg Ninja level reflexes and strength and the single best high frequency sword ever made and even then Armstrong still beat the hell out of Sam and was only *barely* beaten by Raiden with said sword. Watch him effortlessly parry everything Sam can do here

Oh and Armstrong has the Lorrenz force, which gives him Telekinesis and theoretically, the ability to stick to things like Spiderman as he's tapping into the same power that Monsoon uses. Armstrong used this power to lift dozens of tanks, APCs, and Helicopters to draw in energy to fight sam, manipulate the cords and cables of the Excelsus to sap power from them, draw energy from the exploded remains of the Excelsus to kickstart his regeneration, and lift and hurl five helicopter gunships fast enough to be a serious threat to Sam's health.

The answer is simple

Respect Thread indeed. There goes Luke Cage supporters...

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: At the University of Texas no less! That's no cushy ivy league school.

Could have gone pro if he hadn't joined the navy.

He's not one of those beltway pansies, he could break the president in two, with his bare hands!

I lol'd

@nickzambuto: Honestly, I think with their feats, Metal Gear earth as of Rising would be able to fight the Pacific Rim Kaiju without Jaegers or fight off the man of steel kryptonians without Kal-El's help.

Although if Man of Steel's course of events happened in Pacific Rim the patriots would certainly be using him. And snake would probably kill him during the war economy era.

But Armstrong Suplexing Kaiju?

Best thing, or best thing ever?

To be frank Raiden would probably manhandle The Man of Steel. I know it sounds weird since he's kinda SUPERMAN... but that's exactly it. Besides the fact that he is Superman, the character portrayed in the movie was incredibly weak. He's maybe a couple hundred tonner at most, with lower mach combat speed. He has some versatility and it probably wouldn't be a stomp, but Raiden would end up killing him.

Kaijus are a lot more powerful but Raiden is smart enough to take advantage of his small size and hit them in weak points like the eyes. I actually think it'd be a very "Revengeance" thing if one of the monsters ate Raiden, but he somehow bursted out from the inside, killing it.

And nothing would be cooler than Armstrong suplexing Godzilla :P

To be honest, it gets on my nerves when I see people pitting Armstrong against Spider-Man and saying Black Panther would beat Raiden... Seriously Comic Vine?

#20 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I think they kind of missed like...All of MGS4 and MGR. Especially the parts where Raiden stops a ship larger than an aircraft carrier (you know, the things that weigh over a hundred thousand tons?) with a single hand. Or where Raiden sends a multi hundred ton mecha flying and cuts apart it's sword into dozens of pieces before it can hit the ground or hell before the cuts even begin to separate, all with a body that is inferior in every single way to the one he uses for the rest of the game.

And Armstrong was handing him his ass even when he wasn't really aiming to kill the guy.

I also find Halo fanboys who think that Spartans are in any way comparable to Metal Gear's Cyborg Ninjas to be hilarious. Even Gray Fox is vastly stronger, faster, and better armed than any man sized target that the Chief has ever encountered. Nevermind the Rising era cyborgs.

#21 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Sorry only Hercules can come close Suplexing Godzilla who weighs 55,000 tons mind you.

No Nanomachines, Son!

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio

Nanomachines and football skillz = Stompage

#23 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21810 posts) - - Show Bio

ARMSTRONG STOMPZ!

#24 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Luckily Pacific Rim Kaiju are apparently made out of styrofoam and only weigh in the two to six thousand ton category.

Which isn't quite as bad as Gamera and the other Daeiei Kaiju weighing in at only a few hundred tons despite being the same size as Toho Kaiju, which gives them a density similar to that of air.

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Sorry only Hercules can come close Suplexing Godzilla who weighs 55,000 tons mind you.

No Nanomachines, Son!

Armstrong can handle that weight.

#26 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Although he'd probably find a way to turn Godzilla into a tool of his new America. And build a pimping new white house on his head and shoulders.

Why?

Why not?

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

Why not?

This statement is pretty much the basis of Senator Armstrong's entire creation :P

#28 Posted by RetconCrisis (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Why?

Why not?

This statement is pretty much the basis of Senator Armstrong's entire creation :P

Yep. "Hey guys, we should make the final boss this super powerful dude who wasn't shown to be relevant until the last 20 (including gameplay) minutes of the game! Then we add some good dialogue to make it relevant to the modern world and government!"

#29 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't bring up Godzilla in this debate.He stomps the MGS universe.

#30 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong godstomps. You'd be better of using Red Hulk or even Namor than Cage. They still might lose.

Armstrong is no God, therefor he don't godstomps.. He Metastomps his arse!

#31 Edited by ProfZ (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude...Armstrong is on the Hulk's level honestly. There is nothing that Cage could do to realistically harm him. You need a very specific high frequency molecule manipulating blade to even START to hurt him. Honestly someone like Armstrong would be really cool in the comics as I think he could take apart many of the heroes AND villains that are currently there.

Edit: I take that back, he is on the Hulk's level when the Hulk is REALLY PISSED OFF. I don't see base hulk being able to duke it out with this guy at all. Oh and Armstrong has a damn healing factor.

#32 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong stomps him.

#33 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@profz said:

Dude...Armstrong is on the Hulk's level honestly. There is nothing that Cage could do to realistically harm him. You need a very specific high frequency molecule manipulating blade to even START to hurt him. Honestly someone like Armstrong would be really cool in the comics as I think he could take apart many of the heroes AND villains that are currently there.

Edit: I take that back, he is on the Hulk's level when the Hulk is REALLY PISSED OFF. I don't see base hulk being able to duke it out with this guy at all. Oh and Armstrong has a damn healing factor.

I doubt he is on Hulks level, more like Colossus imo.

#34 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't bring up Godzilla in this debate.He stomps the MGS universe.

Yea i can see that on your Images, what is so cool about Godzilla? In my eyes he is just an big radioactive Dinosaur. Isn't he pretty slow?

#35 Edited by unknowzillagod (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonkarlen123: He is a lot more than a radioactive dinosaur. His most powerful atomic ray blasted the three headed beast out of orbit and makes an explosion which is like a thousand nukes combined. But his overall body is not as durable as senator's tiny body and senator decapitates godzilla before he shoots. Senator does have a speed feat ya know.

#36 Posted by unknowzillagod (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Nick raiden vs the jaeger program comic vine will be interesting.

#37 Posted by ProfZ (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonkarlen123: Actually, Senator Armstrong is by and large stronger than base hulk...maybe when he gets pretty angry but Armstrong at base is a lot stronger than a few hundred tons.

#38 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrong stomps.

#39 Posted by ComicStooge (12529 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Armstrong vs Wolverine be a solid fight?

#40 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@profz: Why? An calm Hulk is on the 1000 class level while Armstrong is on 100 because he have no feats to tell him more.

#41 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Nope, Luke Cage should beat the crap out of Wolverine anyday

#42 Posted by ComicStooge (12529 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonkarlen123: Wolverine's pierced Gladiator, Thing, Hulk, cut Thor and even Silver Surfer. He'd shred Luke.

#43 Edited by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: But Cage has an vibranium knife that can cut through Adamantium and he got an skin as hard as Diamonds.

Hulk is a bad fighter, Luke Cage is a good boxer and martial artist also he can lift about 30 tons.

#44 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@stingerrain: Steven landed like 30 punches on Raiden and he didn't fall down. Raiden gets harmed by normal bullets

#45 Edited by ComicStooge (12529 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonkarlen123: Logan is far too fast to get tagged and is a master of nerve strikes.

Since when was Luke a 30 tonner? He's equal to Spidey, last I checked. I could be wrong, however.

#46 Edited by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Spider man have feats that put him at 30 ton range like lifting small tanks, supporting roofs from falling etc..

Heck i even believe Cage is stronger than Parker

#47 Posted by ComicStooge (12529 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4350 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by ProfZ (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonkarlen123: Unfortunately you have to look at feats associated with Raiden to get at Armstrong's. He was manhandling a guy who could lift thousands of tons effortlessly. Refer back to guardian_of_gravity's post.

The answer is simple

#50 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Armstrongs speech was awesome.