#1 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sideslash-Sentry & Superboy

Esquire-Ultraman & Booster Gold

RULES

• You win by debating for your team.
  • No BFR
  • Fight to death or KO
  • Fight takes place on Merged Marvel & DC earth ( City )
  • If debate comes to a standstill, users are allowed to vote
  • Pre-Flashpoint DC characters
  • Current Marvel characters
  • Make good cases
  • No Prep
  • Standard Gear
  • Morals Off

BEGIN !

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#3 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you guys at?

#4 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry is a powerful opponent, but an inconsistent one. He's had little experience with foes even close to Ultraman's level. Ultraman is an extremely fast and powerful opponent, fast enough to speed-blitz Superman. Can Sentry react?

#5 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold is a hero from the distant future, and he's brought with him technology from his time. This includes a Legion Flight Ring and, perhaps most important, a forcefield. The field is the same one Vril Dox created and used, and it has shown the ability to tank everything from nukes, to an angry Guy Gardner, to Doomsday's punches, to blasts from Trigon. His impressive durability should keep him in the fight here, even against powerful opponents like Sentry and Superboy.

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP, the winner will be decided today ! Who ever wins versus jsav777 in the final round !

#7 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Aye, the annoyingly durable and very fast Ultraman are a formidable pair of foes indeed.

The best reaction feat from Sentry I can find is plucking a Skrull sniper round out of the air. I doubt that will be enough to counter Ultraman's speed though.

Booster's durability may be a problem, but does your team have any TP resistance feats?

#8 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

Booster's durability may be a problem, but does your team have any TP resistance feats?

Ultraman has never shown any, although he's never really had to. Superman has an inconsistent level of resistance, but I wouldn't think even his is good enough to resist Sentry. Sentry's only TP feat, as far as I know, is erasing memories of his existence from everyone on Earth. Seeing as he's never used it in combat, I don't see him using it here,certainly not using it before he gets blitzed. Even if he does try it, Booster Gold was unaffected by Maxwell Lord's Earth-wide memory wipe in JL: Generation Lost, so he probably won't be affected by Sentry's.

#9 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: He mind controlled the Adaptoid and made her see the Void. It was indicated that it was putting her through massive psychological trauma.

#10 Posted by marvelbeast (602 posts) - - Show Bio

can we vote yet because jeanroygrant said the winner would be decided three days ago

#11 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@Esquire: He mind controlled the Adaptoid and made her see the Void. It was indicated that it was putting her through massive psychological trauma.

Do you know what story arc this was in? I can't remember reading it. Not doubting you, I'm just curious.

Anyway, Sentry doesn't seem to have any feats indicating he could out-draw a blitzing Ultraman with his TP.

#12 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: Okay, I found the instance.

The context is that Yelena Belova, in the Super-Adaptiod Body, had copied Sentry's powers. So because of that, she had a Void in her mind. Sentry merely awoke the Void already in her. Ultraman and Booster Gold don't have Voids in their minds, so Sentry can't awaken anything in their minds.

Scans for reference:

#13 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Got a question. What would this do to either of your team?

#14 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: He blows up a trolley and a car. Although that's not a bad feat, Ultraman has repeatedly gone blow-for-blow with Superman and Martian Manhunter, although he usually loses in the end. (Hurray for Villain Aura!) Booster tanks blows from Doomsday, Trigon, Guy Gardner, and more. Sentry is powerful, but that's not a particularly powerful showing from him. Booster flies straight through helicopters, so a blast that can blow up a car isn't really going to hurt him.

#15 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: He's also fought Hercules in hand to hand. She-Hulk too.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: She Hulk struggles to lift 100 tons. She also has little skill. Hercules is more impressive, but he has few combat speed feats. It's a good showing of strength and durability for Sentry, they both are, but neither of them have shown to be as fast as Booster, much less Ultraman.

#17 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Sentry's best speed feats I can find are plucking a Skrull powered sniper round that I hear travels at Mach 4 out of the air, and then managing to get behind Punisher, who is 4 miles away before he can turn around. The biggest problem I see is your team's speed.

#18 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: Whereas Ultraman has been keeping up with near-lightspeeders for his whole career. Even if we figure that Sentry was moving at 40 miles per second for the Punisher feat, that puts him at 144,000 mph. Even if we figure that Ultraman can only go half the speed of light, (a massively low estimate since Supes has plenty of near-light feats), that would put him at more than 335,000,000 mph. Just not a comparison at all. Sentry is powerful, don't get me wrong, and so is Superboy. But Ultraman is simply too fast.

#19 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Agreed. Your team's speed is simply too much. Without Voiding out, Sentry just isn't going to be able to win this.

#20 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: Good debate, sir! I hope to meet again sometime in the future.

@jeanroygrant: It looks like I'm headed to the finals, then!

#21 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: When I'm a better debater I hope to meet you again too lol.

Good luck in the finals, well done.

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Sideslash: Good debate, sir! I hope to meet again sometime in the future.

@jeanroygrant: It looks like I'm headed to the finals, then!

Okay

Esquire wins.