User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeanroygrant

jsav777-Gladiator & Ms.Marvel

dondave-Superman & Invincible

RULES

• You win by debating for your team.
  • No BFR
  • Fight to death or KO
  • Fight takes place on Merged Marvel & DC earth ( City )
  • If debate comes to a standstill, users are allowed to vote
  • Pre-Flashpoint DC characters
  • Current Marvel characters
  • Make good cases
  • No Prep
  • Standard Gear
  • Morals Off

BEGIN !

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

Where you guys at?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dondave

Ok I'll start.

Superman has nano-second reaction speed which he can use to take Gladiator quickly if he is playing smart. He has been able to blitz other kryptonians so I don't see gladiator being a problem for him.

Ms Marvel is at best 100 tonner which Iinvincible has documented lifting 400 tons and has grown stronger since then, he has enough endurance to survive anything Ms Mmarvel throws at him 7 he has no problem hitting women

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@dondave said:

Ok I'll start.

Superman has nano-second reaction speed which he can use to take Gladiator quickly if he is playing smart. He has been able to blitz other kryptonians so I don't see gladiator being a problem for him.

Ms Marvel is at best 100 tonner which Iinvincible has documented lifting 400 tons and has grown stronger since then, he has enough endurance to survive anything Ms Mmarvel throws at him 7 he has no problem hitting women

Gladiator has nano second reaction speed too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb43747b6f33
deactivated-5eb43747b6f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Ok I'll start.

So does Gladiator. He's presumably as strong as Superman as well. He has insane endurance though, able to withstand eybeams from Tyrant,

or Blasts from Vulcan

He's also stated by Reed Richards to be 100x faster than light

Where my team stands apart from your's is in versatility. If Supes uses a heat blast, he just amps Ms. Marvel's power to a higher level. In addition her energy manipulation should give a another edge. Invincible has very limited options which my team can exploit. Gladiator could easily blitz him and take him out.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

@jsav777:

I know that Gladiator has nano-second reaction, but Superman has blitz people who also have nono-second reaction.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8537/69520627tb6.jpg

Superman can also travel at past the speed of light but travel speed won't help any of them here so it is a non-factor.

Superman survived being crushed by two planets.

He has been able to survive Darkseid's Omega Beams

Superman can also become intangible.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

@jsav777: While Gladiator may be faster than Invincible, Iinvincible has enough durability to mount an offence after the initial attack.

Invincible was able to survive a blast that turned the whole of Las Vegas into glass. The concussive force let alone the extreme heat needed to turn that deseerrt into glass, was not able to take him out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Invincible won't mount any attack that Gladiator couldn't counter. Tyrant eye beams > nukes. Gladiator is a planet buster which Invincible is not and he could not endure planet buster strength for long. Not to mention his hotter than stars heat vision.

As for vs Superman, Ms. Marvel and Gladiator could beat him. Gladiator has taken out Phoenix host Rook'Shir before and has tangled with several high level threats. Tyrant, who I showed earlier, is near Galactus level strength for example. And Gladiator was even able to match Tyrants eye beams.

As impressive as Superman's tanking Darkseid's Omega Beams was, Tyrant is much more powerful than Darkseid from what I've read.

Gladiator has also contended with characters higher than Superman such as Silver Surfer.

He's also spanked some Nova Corps members

As for Ms. Marvel, she'll become quite useful once she's absorbed some heat ray power.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

@jsav777: Superman's heat vision is also hotter than a star, the scan shows that the temperature of his heat vision is unmeasurable, but you can measure the temperature of a star.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/863/supermansheatvision30nk.jpg

Here Superman tanks several particle beams

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3443/09131329ai.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4640/durability20ki.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1761/durability35ln.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9263/211117fk.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Looks like most of the links are broken. But I see where you're coming from. I know Superman has super vision, but I know Gladiator can see from galaxies away, allowing him to heat vision-snipe Invincible right off the bat. If Superman tried that same trick of Ms Marvel, though, she'd just become significantly more powerful

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

@jsav777:

Superman does not need to use hit heatvison to win here. He's tanked Darkseid Omega Beam and I see them around the same level as Gladiator's heat vison if not above.

Superman can vibrate his Molecules to cause Gladiator to explode as he does to cyborg superman who has kryptonian level durability

Or he could just go intangible.

Takes on KC Superman who is stronger than him by a significant margin.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2132/93826620ky8.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7538/78243175qd2.jpg

Although he eventually loses, it still shows he can match being who are stronger than him in which a category I do not place Gladiator.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: These links are broken too. The thing is, Superman often does use his heat vision and he wouldn't know not too, inadvertently powering up Ms. Marvel. Also, I doubt he'd just explode Gladiator, especially since the OP never said no morals. Also Cyborg Superman was pretty much defeated anyway, I don't think he'd be able to pull a move like that off on an active, moving Gladiator. Anyways, 2 on 1, I still don't see Superman holding out long enough. Also, has Superman demonstrated the use of other powers while intangible such as heat vision or freeze breath? If not that it's only really effective for H2H, since heat and freezing would do damage on the molecular level anyway.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

@jsav777: No Binary powers, or else she would be in the heavy class, which would be unfair.

@jsav777: Morals are off. That Cyborg Superman is not as powerful as later incarnations.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

VOTE WHO WINS NOW !

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondave

@jsav777: Superman is an adequate H2H combatant who can use his knowledge of Torquasm Rao and Pressure Points while in his intangbile form to put down Gladiator.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

Giving this one to Jsav777. He argued well for his team's strengths, and he exploited the weaknesses in Dondave's debate very well. Good debate by both, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@jsav777: No Binary powers, or else she would be in the heavy class, which would be unfair.

@jsav777: Morals are off. That Cyborg Superman is not as powerful as later incarnations.

Gotcha.

@dondave:

So in that case with no morals, a super powerful heat vision would be a likely strategy from Supes, giving Ms Marvel that significant power boost necessary to aid Gladiator in taking out Supes. Since there's no proof that he can use blast type powers while intangible, he will be vulnerable to Gladiator and Ms Marvel's. Also Gladiator has different physiology than humans as seen in his fight with Supreme when he checks his purse after the fight, so pressure points may not work on him.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spawn_123

I think that jsav777 wins he was very good and he give more detail

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

jsav777 wins ! you move on to the final round !