Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Phylos
@ebuchanan said:

No immortality? 

Magneto stomp!.........................

if she had immortality, this battle would never end haha.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Magneto wins here.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phylos
@Nefarious said:
Magneto wins here.

id like to think that she would shadowmeld with the surrounding environment & plan a devastating attack. you can't fight what you cant see & since it's nightime, he's really in her arena, woudnt you think so?
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Selene wins she's sexier.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Aqua11500

Selene for the stomp

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phylos
@Edamame said:
What puts Magneto at an advantage is that he has the faster reaction time. That would prevent Selene from doing anything harmful to him. Magneto can't defend himself against some of Selene's powers. So he is vulnerable to a certain extent here. 

so what do you think it all comes down to? especially since they both have knowledge of eachothers powers. when i created this battle, i tried to play everything out. battle starts out with magneto trying to attack selene first. selene hides in shadow & starts manipulating the dark to blanket everything in sight. if that doesnt work , she could always control the emotions of people in the marketplace to try & attack magneto (distraction). in that window of time she can try and drain magneto's energy. but egh, the nerd in me wants to go all crazy with outcomes lol. i need some selene/magneto experts in here.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phylos
@Edamame said:
@Phylos: That is a good question. Well, Magneto has the faster reaction time, and he can "kill" her before she tries to attack him.  However, I would say that he can't defend himself from some of Selene's powers, notably her magical powers. So if he fails to "kill" her in the very beginning of the fight, then he might lose this battle.  

The Magneto expert would be Pania, and the Selene expert would be kiss_lamia

we need to get them in here :D 
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think this would be a good battle. I think Magneto would win, though he could have a problem with her magic.

Coolii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Coolii

Magneto puts 500 tons onto her skull or simply beats her to death with her super-strength..
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By katanalauncher

Selene 

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Phylos

i dont know, i think i'll give this one to selene, you dont exist for more than 17,000 years without having some type of experience battling other super powered beings. as deadly & lethal as magneto is, he wouldnt be able to take her out that easily.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Phylos said:
i dont know, i think i'll give this one to selene, you dont exist for more than 17,000 years without having some type of experience battling other super powered beings. as deadly & lethal as magneto is, he wouldnt be able to take her out that easily.

True but keep in mind that Selene has been defeated by X-Force, and Rachel Grey in a 1-on-1 fight, as well as overwhelmed by Prof X telepathically. All of whom, save for Rachel, are less powerful than Magneto, who has beaten entire teams - actually multiple teams, by himself. Selene is powerful and a threat but I doubt she can beat Magneto. None of her mutant powers will overcome his shields, but I do see a chance for her with her magic. Plus, Magneto's reaction time is 14 times faster than a normal human, so he may be able to strike her first and/or counter her fastest attacks.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

This was in classic x-men. I don't recall the issue # but I'll have to find it and post the scans for you.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nefarious
@Phylos: True.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Edamame:  Here you go....it is Classic Uncanny #88.

Just adding to it, this is Rachel's first encounter with Selene. Selene easily deflects Rachel's TP bolts and is straining her TK in the first scan. In scan 2, she easily got past Rachel's psi-shields and probably would have defeated if not for Xavier's timely save. Scans 3 & 4 are of Xavier TP assault overwhelming Selene.  

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Phylos

bump.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#24  Edited By AssertingValor

still M stomp.........
kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By kiss_lamia

Selene she's already kicked his ass before

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IcePrince_X
@kiss_lamia said:
Selene she's already kicked his ass before
Yah. Magneto was even with Dr. Doom at that time... there is a scan of it on her page. 
Selene also have enhanced speed and reflexes.  
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By theicon

magneto takes this

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcePrince_X
Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil #4
Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil #4
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daak1212

Im leaning with Magneto, way better feats.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Killemall

Once u take immortality off Selene, despite all of her powers Magneto can still do to Selene what he did to Apocalypse, i.e. Brain fry!!! :)

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kiss_lamia
@Killemall: doubt that she can by pass his electro magnetic fields and get to him plus magic is pretty sure to make sure her brain doesn't fry.
Dragonhear5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dragonhear5000

So she wins because she is very old? Don't think this is very logical. Fact is Magneto's reaction time is faster and without immortality she will hardly survive. + "older" does not mean bigger battle expirience with stronger opponents.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By czarny_samael666

With immortality, it would be easy for Selene. WIthout it... I'm closer to say that she will win rather than Mags, but it should be close one.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By IcePrince_X

I am not getting the reaction time scenario that most are throwing here... Selene also moves fast and reacts fast. 
If Magneto looks at her... she already has a grip on him and put him in a semi-trance. Selene is no throw bag, she can also hold on her own on a team attack. 

She can very well crush Magneto with his own cape. 

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kiss_lamia
@IcePrince_X: yup not to mention with her extensive knowledge in the magic she could litrally reverse the magnetic current that magneto uses to lift metalic object and litrally turn him into a magnet thus trapping him in his own ability to move metal thus attracting that which he attempts to move back at him perhaps causing him to trapped in his own choice of metalic weapon.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ebuchanan said:

No immortality? 

Magneto stomp!.........................

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IcePrince_X
No Caption Provided
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stormcell

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos said:

i dont know, i think i'll give this one to selene, you dont exist for more than 17,000 years without having some type of experience battling other super powered beings. as deadly & lethal as magneto is, he wouldnt be able to take her out that easily.
True but keep in mind that Selene has been defeated by X-Force, and Rachel Grey in a 1-on-1 fight, as well as overwhelmed by Prof X telepathically. All of whom, save for Rachel, are less powerful than Magneto, who has beaten entire teams - actually multiple teams, by himself. Selene is powerful and a threat but I doubt she can beat Magneto. None of her mutant powers will overcome his shields, but I do see a chance for her with her magic. Plus, Magneto's reaction time is 14 times faster than a normal human, so he may be able to strike her first and/or counter her fastest attacks.

When Selene goes into shadow mode, she is able to pass right through Magneto's shields as if they weren't even there. He literally cannot keep her out. She has walked right through his field in canon and literally drained his life force. The only reason he did not end up dead is because of the internvention of Dr. Doom. I honestly don't know what Magneto can do to hurt Selene once she slips into shadow form. None of his attacks that I can see can harm her and his shields are useless at keeping her out.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Good battle. I'm going with Selene. She's definitely one of my favorite Marvel villains.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Nefarious said:

Magneto wins here.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Emmett_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emmett_frost

Selene is very much above Magneto's level with or without immortality and i dont think u can remove that. It doesnt work like that. Plus She held her own against Magneto and Dr Doom at the same time with ease and She was only playing with them. Not to mention Dr Doom did said to Magneto that She could destroy them with seconds if She wants to.

Selene is sooooo underrated. I would go as far to say that She is above Apocalyple's level as well but She doesnt have that much feats. The battle where She battled the Classic X-men, the Professor was using Cerebro, this enhances his telepathic ability several times.

But even with all that, all they managed was to survive. Magneto taking on the X-men on his own seems nonsense to me, he is overrated. Jean, Storm, Iceman etc r above him in power level, rogue is very OP, the professor is more powerful than Magneto, that was shown multiple times.

I am not saying Magneto is weak, he has the power to beat Thor, did it twice i think. But Selene is just too experienced, too skilled and hv the raw power to back it up, She is a high order psychic, can manipulate inanimate objects, shadows, turn intangibility, life force manipulation, psionic absorbtion via her psychic vampirsm, magic etc.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump for classic magneto

princess_fiona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selene is more powerful than Magneto. She was able to take on Doom with prep and and Magneto at the same time and Doom states that she is a being who can end them both with a single thought....

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah the things Selene pulls is insane, I would put her above Magneto simply because of drain, she still has regen too, just not immortality. Like 44 said, she's took on prep Doom and Magneto. She drains the whole population of italy and put him down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212 said:

Im leaning with Magneto, way better feats.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have done Selene’s Respect Thread before. Her immortality is based off of who she has drained. So long as she has a healthy supply to rejuvenate her, she can win with no trouble. She has so many other abilities, yet she beat Dr. Doom, Magneto, and Princess Python with three. Her dark force manipulation, telekinesis, and her teleportation.

Clyde-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Clyde-W

Doom is one of the best magic users, isn't he? If he says she can easily defeat him and magneto, then it's true. However, crazy powerful psychics/reality warpers or powerful magic users like wanda, strange etc are good against her

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selene because she already beat him and Doom at the same time. And they had prep