Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl
No Caption Provided

Stats - Circa Underworld 4 -- no weaknesses, nearly invulnerable, incredible speed and strength

Gear - Those two cool guns she always has at least one of

vs.

No Caption Provided

Stats - Can use feats from classic and New 52

Gear - Prometheum sword, two uzis, a redhawk revolver, combat knife, and an M-60

-----------------------------------------------------------

-In character

-Bloodlust off

-Deathstroke has a "job" to off Selene, he knows she's a vampyre but not about her special abilities. He is being paid very well.

-Selene knows that someone is after her, and that he is dangerous, but doesn't know exactly who. She's waiting for Slade.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Deathstroke maybe

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Deathstroke succeeds in his job without even trying. 

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@Nefarious: How?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nefarious
@Joygirl: Tie her up and wait for the sun to rise, possibly.
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@Nefarious: She's immune to sunlight and silver.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Joygirl said:

@Nefarious: She's immune to sunlight and silver.

In new movie?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@RyuHayabusa: At the end of 2, actually, but yeah, in the new movie she lets there be no doubt that she has no vampire weaknesses, making her borderline invincible.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Joygirl said:

@RyuHayabusa: At the end of 2, actually, but yeah, in the new movie she lets there be no doubt that she has no vampire weaknesses, making her borderline invincible.

In evolution was hurt by sunlight. I don't remember her being out in sunlight at the end of evolution.

I haven't seen Awakening .

Slade doesn't need to exploit her weaknesses to beat her, He can beat her with his weapons alone.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Joygirl said:

In evolution was hurt by sunlight. I don't remember her being out in sunlight at the end of evolution.

Slade doesn't need to exploit her weaknesses to beat her, He can beat her with his weapons alone.

During Evolution, Selene drank the blood of Alexander Corvinus, and thus became a True Vampire; she grew in physical prowess to the point that she was able to contend with and defeat an Elder Vampire-Werewolf Hybrid. In Awakening, her powers grew even more versatile, allowing her the ability to revive Vampires from official death. Since we're not using Awakening's Selene, we still get Selene at her True Vampire form. With that, she would wreck Deathstroke before he even knew what happened.
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AweSam

He stakes her with a big wooden stick.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Joygirl said:

During Evolution, Selene drank the blood of Alexander Corvinus, and thus became a True Vampire; she grew in physical prowess to the point that she was able to contend with and defeat an Elder Vampire-Werewolf Hybrid. In Awakening, her powers grew even more versatile, allowing her the ability to revive Vampires from official death. Since we're not using Awakening's Selene, we still get Selene at her True Vampire form. With that, she would wreck Deathstroke before he even knew what happened.

As far as i know Deathstroke(Pre-flashpoint and Post-flashpoint) would wreck those vampires selene defeated. Her being able to defeat someone doesn't mean she can take Deathstroke.

In evolution she didn't do anything to say she can even hang with Deathstroke.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

@Joygirl said:

Stats - Circa Underworld 4 -- no weaknesses, nearly invulnerable, incredible speed and strength

I stated in the OP that this is Awakening's version, her most powerful incarnation.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

As far as i know Deathstroke(Pre-flashpoint and Post-flashpoint) would wreck those vampires selene defeated. Her being able to defeat someone doesn't mean she can take Deathstroke.

1. Kudos on the name. Ninja Gaiden is beast.

2. Has Deathstroke ever fought a Vampire before? If so, what issue? And... Selene, being able to defeat the most powerful Vampire (Markus, who is also a Hybrid whose Vampire aspects were more dominant), means that she is able to contend with anyone at that level, which is a very, very, very slim number, if none at all. That puts her as the most powerful Vampire, and then some considering her increased potential from Awakening. Selene's thaumaturge is unmeasured, whereas Deathstroke's isn't. Selene is above Deathstroke in every aspect, coupled with her fighting ability she is more than capable of defeating him.

3. In Evolution, this is where she rose to greater power. She "evolved" to a True Vampire.

@Joygirl said:

@Joygirl said:

I stated in the OP that this is Awakening's version, her most powerful incarnation.

Awesome.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigcimmerian

How would you rate her compared to Blade?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@BigCimmerian said:

How would you rate her compared to Blade?

What a coincidence. I was thinking the same thing, as well as a Blade vs Deathstroke battle. Hm, great minds think alike, I guess. And that's a tough one. Blade defeated Dracula, which is epic in itself. And Selene took on Underworld's version of Dracula, Markus. I assume they'd be stalemated, or one would overpower the other because of certain genetics.
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joygirl

@BigCimmerian: @Dark Cloud™: I'd go with Selene on that one as well. If we're going by Drac in the Blade movies (didn't read the comics), he didn't look all that badass. Markus, however, turned Michael (who was the toughest thing around at the time) into his b**** with no more difficulty than a "huh, he was kinda tough I guess".

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

2. Has Deathstroke ever fought a Vampire before? If so, what issue? And... Selene, being able to defeat the most powerful Vampire (Markus, who is also a Hybrid whose Vampire aspects were more dominant), means that she is able to contend with anyone at that level,

Selene being able to defeat those vampires doesn't mean she is better than Deathstroke. Deathstroke would also kill them, they are not invulnerable, Those vampires can be hurt by bullets yes they can heal but someone like Deathstroke wouldn't give them a chance.

. That puts her as the most powerful Vampire, and then some considering her increased potential from Awakening.

That's like saying deathstroke has beaten meta-humans and he is super-soldier so he is the most powerful meta-human.

. Selene is above Deathstroke in every aspect, coupled with her fighting ability she is more than capable of defeating him.

.If you have anything which suggest that selene is more skilled or stronger than deathstroke then feel free to post.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nefarious
@Joygirl: How about Decapitation? Is she immune to that, too?
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joygirl

@Nefarious: Couldn't say, but probably not. The problem is that she won't just stand there and get her head chopped off. She was moving entire floors in milliseconds, killed trained and armed soldiers with no weapons and equal effort. She'll be trying to kill Slade too.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™: How is selene going to hurt Deathstroke in his armor?

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Joygirl said:

@Nefarious: Couldn't say, but probably not. The problem is that she won't just stand there and get her head chopped off. She was moving entire floors in milliseconds, killed trained and armed soldiers with no weapons and equal effort. She'll be trying to kill Slade too.

Really?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

2. Has Deathstroke ever fought a Vampire before? If so, what issue? And... Selene, being able to defeat the most powerful Vampire (Markus, who is also a Hybrid whose Vampire aspects were more dominant), means that she is able to contend with anyone at that level,

Selene being able to defeat those vampires doesn't mean she is better than Deathstroke. Deathstroke would also kill them, they are not invulnerable, Those vampires can be hurt by bullets yes they can heal but someone like Deathstroke wouldn't give them a chance.

. That puts her as the most powerful Vampire, and then some considering her increased potential from Awakening.

That's like saying deathstroke has beaten meta-humans and he is super-soldier so he is the most powerful meta-human.

. Selene is above Deathstroke in every aspect, coupled with her fighting ability she is more than capable of defeating him.

.If you have anything which suggest that selene is more skilled or stronger than deathstroke then feel free to post.

What issue(s) are those scans from?

Selene being able to defeat Markus and then the humongous werewolf at the end of Awakening puts her as stronger than Deathstroke... that, and the fact that she was the most skilled Vampire in Underworld, in terms of fighting abilities. She has only lost to more powerful opponents, unlike Deathstroke who has lost to weaker foes. Perhaps the better notation is, "Deathstroke has little to no feats implying his being more skilled or stronger than Selene." --shrugs--
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joygirl

She was fighting soldiers outside of what appeared to be an apartment, on fire escapes. When she killed one she would seemingly teleport to another floor to kill the next.

Another speed-feat: With ONE knife, she slid past them and killed each and every one, in about a quarter of a second. They were flanking her, so that means she didn't simply do a slidey-attack and slice them all in one motion. She had one knife, so she had to individually kill them so quickly that it just LOOKED like she was rushing by.

And her speedfeats in U4 make her becoming a blur in U2 much more viable and not just some kind of illusion, as I heard debated.

I guess the point to take away from all this is that she's really freakin' fast.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

The same way she killed armored officers in Awakening. By using her strength.

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Joygirl said:

Really?

Really.

@Joygirl said:

She was fighting soldiers outside of what appeared to be an apartment, on fire escapes. When she killed one she would seemingly teleport to another floor to kill the next.

Another speed-feat: With ONE knife, she slid past them and killed each and every one, in about a quarter of a second. They were flanking her, so that means she didn't simply do a slidey-attack and slice them all in one motion. She had one knife, so she had to individually kill them so quickly that it just LOOKED like she was rushing by.

And her speedfeats in U4 make her becoming a blur in U2 much more viable and not just some kind of illusion, as I heard debated.

I guess the point to take away from all this is that she's really freakin' fast.

Exactly.
RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

What issue(s) are those scans from? Selene being able to defeat Markus and then the humongous werewolf at the end of Awakening puts her as stronger than Deathstroke... that, and the fact that she was the most skilled Vampire in Underworld, in terms of fighting abilities. She has only lost to more powerful opponents, unlike Deathstroke who has lost to weaker foes. Perhaps the better notation is, "Deathstroke has little to no feats implying his being more skilled or stronger than Selene." --shrugs--

Those scans are from Deathstroke #1

Who says those vampires and werewolves are skilled? Deathstroke can also beat those vampires and werewolves.

That logic doesn't work. Deathstroke has defeated titans so i guess he is stronger than all of them combined? Right?

Marcus overpowered selene in evolution, Selene pushed him into the blades of chopper only when he was weakened.

Who are those weaker foes? Care to explain?

Just because you don't have any proof that selene can even hang with Deathstroke doesn't mean his feats should be discarded.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nefarious
@Joygirl: Hmmm, I see.
RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

Deathsroke's armor>>>>>>>>those armors.

As you can see in picture posted above.

@Joygirl said:

Deathstroke has done same thing.

He decapitated guy(atleast he was 20 metres away) protected by dozen of armed soldiers.

I ll get back to you after i watch the movie(awakening) but as far as i remember she didn't do anything in evolution to say she is better than deathstroke.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

Deathsroke's armor>>>>>>>>those armors.

As you can see in picture posted above.

@Joygirl said:

Deathstroke has done same thing.

He decapitated guy(atleast he was 20 metres away) protected by dozen of armed soldiers.

I ll get back to you after i watch the movie(awakening) but as far as i remember she didn't do anything in evolution to say she is better than deathstroke.

I thought you haven't seen Awakening? So how is it that his armor is better than the armor the police officers wore? Now I'm beginning to think you're either trolling, or you're being a fanboy. =\
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Joygirl said:

@BigCimmerian: @Dark Cloud™: I'd go with Selene on that one as well. If we're going by Drac in the Blade movies (didn't read the comics), he didn't look all that badass. Markus, however, turned Michael (who was the toughest thing around at the time) into his b**** with no more difficulty than a "huh, he was kinda tough I guess".

Blade defeating Dracula in comics is PIS, in one comic Dracula struggles with Blade and in other comics he fights Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Thor etc.

if Selene is around Blade's level then I think Deathstroke has high chances to win considering that he is more skilled and is smarter then both of them.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™: Trailer

They aren't even wearing any armor.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Dark Cloud™: Trailer

They aren't even wearing any armor.

Those are Security Guards in the building she was held captive in, not the police officers she was fighting in the alleyways or on the street.
RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™: What kind of armors police officers would be wearing?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@RyuHayabusa said:

They never delved into detail. Despite that, however, Selene was able to puncture them using her strength.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By cascadeking09

I dont think automatic hand guns would be enough while Deathstroke gets his promethium sword and several other weapons. She needs more gear or Slade should have less, even without all that I dont think she could handle him by herself.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cascadeking09

@Nefarious said:

@Joygirl: How about Decapitation? Is she immune to that, too?

Nope.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

They never delved into detail. Despite that, however, Selene was able to puncture them using her strength.

Then there is no way she is going to harm Deathstroke's armor. AS you can see how durable Deathstroke's armor is.

I haven't seen the movie but i mpretty sure they(police officers) are not going to pull High tech armors out of nowhere.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cascadeking09

@Joygirl said:

I still haven't seen awakening, but she was still pretty fast in evolution. She had a gun pointed at her hand and moved it out the way of her head twice before the shooter could even pull the trigger.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nefarious
@cascadeking09: Then, DS knows what to do.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bigcimmerian

No way she's going to hurt him in that armor.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By kidchipotle

Deathstroke wins via skill and PIS, just in case.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BMEZY

i'm going with selene.. she's a true immortal.. no vampire weaknesses, the strongest as of now in the Underworld series.. she ressurrected a vampire from death from a lycan bite.. Selene's pretty bad ass now

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Joygirl

Deathstroke's armor won't protect him from having his neck snapped....

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I'd actually give this one to Selene. She has the stats advantage over Deathstroke and in a random encounter should be able to put him down for the count. But for sake of my mother I'm going to continue to pretend as if I have something I need to type out.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

Deathstroke would stomp her and Blade at the same time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Saren

Deathstroke. Let's be serious, people. It's not like Slade hasn't consistently reacted to people much faster than Selene. And he can just slice her head off.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Deranged Midget

Deathstroke. He's reacted to people millions of times faster than Selene could ever dream of being. He has strength sufficient enough to smack her around, and is MUCH more skilled and experienced. Oh and she's not getting past that armour.

The Underworld series is pretty badass, but Selene doesn't stand a chance.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BMEZY

Selene is superhumanly fast, agile, accurate, stealthy and has the physical prowness fighting technique/abilities + weapons along with being the only true immortal (after ingesting Corvinous' blood) she has all the goodies to effectively counter and eventually overwhelm slade

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Saren

@BMEZY said:

Selene is superhumanly fast, agile, accurate, stealthy and has the physical prowness fighting technique/abilities + weapons along with being the only true immortal (after ingesting Corvinous' blood) she has all the goodies to effectively counter and eventually overwhelm slade

Slade has reacted to people faster and more agile than her. He is a better marksman. He is a better fighter. Her weapons won't do jack against his armor and she has no way to counter his blade slicing off her head.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BMEZY

ehh... i still feel that selene takes the majority: both characters are experts at unarmed combat.. selene kills lycans (who are physically stronger and faster than vamps) for a living and has been doing it well for centuries, so she's not slouch in the fighting department i think she proves to be a worthy opponent skillfully. Selene takes a blast from a shot gun at point blank range to her abdomen with no apparent effect. She's also seen to move fast enough to evade gun fire (and I don't mean jumping around doing somersaults , I mean actaully dodging the bullets) in the movies she shown as a blur. This shows her high level of durability, speed and regenerative abilities. she's been shown to physically overpower a Elder Vampire Hybird physically and took a bladed wing to the chest with no apparent affect. Granted, DS gets more lee-way for being a comicbook character, thus having a variety of other feats, but on a consistant basis, i say selene takes it 6/10 having the edge in strength, speed, and a pretty damn good healing factor(after her transformation).. this is simply my opinion though and i understand if you disagree; enjoy the thread my friend :D