• 113 results
#1 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is doing better in your opinion? Please give reasons why!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Popular wise I think Secret Invasion. Story wise I can't say cause I'm not reading Final Crisis.

#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure this has been done...can't direct you to the thread though.

#4 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I went into reading both of them thinking Final Crisis was going to be better. I personally like DC more and collect with more of the titles but after reading them both Secret Invasion has by far been better for me. The art and story is better in SI i think. FC did bring Barry back which is cool and everything but I think they have too much going on in the story.

#5 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not much interested in FC, just doesnt go well with me the way Secret Invasion has.

#6 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
Psysis said:
"i'm not much interested in FC, just doesnt go well with me the way Secret Invasion has."
Yeah I agree, Im still going to finish FC but I don't look forward to it like i do SI
#7 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Psysis said:
"i'm not much interested in FC, just doesnt go well with me the way Secret Invasion has."
Yeah I agree, Im still going to finish FC but I don't look forward to it like i do SI"

exactly
#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

FC is pretty boring.  And I liked most of CoIE and IC.  This random sumo hero and his asian fanboy heroes aren't interesting.  Neither is cat and mouse with Question and Frankenstein.

In fact the only thing remotely interesting about FC is Libra's gang.  You're better off reading the one shots and minis like Rogue's Revenge and Legion.

SI is a pretty good storyline.  Nothing amazing but it's enjoyable, which is more than you can say for Final Crisis.

#9 Posted by goatwrench (23 posts) - - Show Bio

i havn't read SI yet; but FC is like every one says boring.  that being siad. it was like a chore to finish a issue i just wanted to ge it over with

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis.

#11 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis #1 was a bit of a slow read...yet really good at the same time. I'm not paying attention to Secret Invasion, it feels too much like "Omg! He's a skrull!" "No! You're a skrull!" confined to an own comic...idk sounds a bit cliche imo...

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"Final Crisis #1 was a bit of a slow read...yet really good at the same time. I'm not paying attention to Secret Invasion, it feels too much like "Omg! He's a skrull!" "No! You're a skrull!" confined to an own comic...idk sounds a bit cliche imo..."
Final Crisis is amazingly complex, but it's worth it.
#13 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"~The Wanderer~ said:
"Final Crisis #1 was a bit of a slow read...yet really good at the same time. I'm not paying attention to Secret Invasion, it feels too much like "Omg! He's a skrull!" "No! You're a skrull!" confined to an own comic...idk sounds a bit cliche imo..."
Final Crisis is amazingly complex, but it's worth it."
Yeah...the blog Rokk's Comic Book Revolution praises Final Crisis for its deep and complex story while somewhat bashing Secret Invasion...reading the "Overall" section on each comic review on that blog could be a great way of deciding which comics should be read and which should not...(good thing it praises Legion of Super-Heroes as well ;P)
#14 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both equally, but I find SI easier to pick up and read. However, with that being said, the story in Final Crisis is better, and worth the effort to read.

#15 Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio

S.I. appeals to younger people a lot more than FC does. I think FC is brilliant, captivating, and imaginative. S.I., in a sense, is Skrull Kill Krew on a much larger stage. I enjoy both, but FC has me sucked in.

Staff
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Invasion.CURBSTOMP

#17 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about FC is that your view of it hinges upon whether you like Morrison or not.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Morrison's work and I haven't read any Final Crisis since the first Issue.

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I love Morrison's work and I haven't read any Final Crisis since the first Issue."

He's a great writer. Three was when things started to get good in my opinion, the first were just laying the foundations.
#20 Posted by Darkchild (41440 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis has a awesome story line an its not over populated with random unknown an passable tie ins

#21 Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"The thing about FC is that your view of it hinges upon whether you like Morrison or not."
I disagree, I know quite a few people that read it that have no interest, some of which hate his work, but they still enjoy it.
Staff
#22 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"John Valentine said:
"The thing about FC is that your view of it hinges upon whether you like Morrison or not."
I disagree, I know quite a few people that read it that have no interest, some of which hate his work, but they still enjoy it."
Seriously? My friends, who loved his X-Men and Animal Man stuff have given up reading Batman and have not even started on reading Final Crisis.
#23 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I think FC has too much going on it in. Like Infinite Crisis did. I had to read Infinite Crisis twice so that I could fully retain everything. If DC would have done FC like Identity Crisis (one of my favorite stories) it would be sooooo much better.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I love Morrison's work and I haven't read any Final Crisis since the first Issue."

He's a great writer. Three was when things started to get good in my opinion, the first were just laying the foundations."
Yea he's awesome but I can't keep up with Marvel and DC at the same time.I don't have the time....and Marvel is more important to me.I'll read Final Crisis when it's old.
#25 Posted by The Batman! (879 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm DC and even i have to say SI...

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:

He's a great writer. Three was when things started to get good in my opinion, the first were just laying the foundations."
Yea he's awesome but I can't keep up with Marvel and DC at the same time.I don't have the time....and Marvel is more important to me.I'll read Final Crisis when it's old."
I'm get Marvel when it's new, and wait a few months for DC but I have been getting Batman RIP and Final Crisis issues.
#27 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Final crisis is a hard to follow, but i have faith in Morrison, and i'm sure he'll pull it off and tie up everything in a jaw-dropping finish.

#28 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Yeah, Final crisis is a hard to follow, but i have faith in Morrison, and i'm sure he'll pull it off and tie up everything in a jaw-dropping finish."
yeah i feel the same way, but for right now im Following Secret invasion its doing real well
#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis

I remember this thread being done awhile ago, almost all of the "important" that has happened in Secret Invasion like the return of Mockingbird, death of Echo, Ironman being a skrulls, etc was proven false

I give props to DC for deciding that they would put their top writers writing all of the miniseries and one-shots while leaving the ongoings free of the event to let them do whatever they want,that's how an event should be done, also for trying to bring more things and give the reader a comic that is worth thinking through.

End of Secret Invasion's last issue? total cliche that has gotten old

#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis

I remember this thread being done awhile ago, almost all of the "important" that has happened in Secret Invasion like the return of Mockingbird, death of Echo, Ironman being a skrulls, etc was proven false

I give props to DC for deciding that they would put their top writers writing all of the miniseries and one-shots while leaving the ongoings free of the event to let them do whatever they want,that's how an event should be done, also for trying to bring more things and give the reader a comic that is worth thinking through.

End of Secret Invasion's last issue? total cliche that has gotten old

#31 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Invasion not because of the Invasion itself, but because of the aftermath it will bring....

+ Final Crisis is good, but still has to show me a lil more diversity, i absolutely loved the spectres issue but still...

#32 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Invasion by the far the better. Final Crisis bored me so much I don't dare to touch the issues in the comic store.

#33 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

As in dark Avengers and Dark Illuminati

#34 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I think that by making most of the skrulls sleeper agents and that not even they know they are skrulls...was a stupid move, what got me interested in the first place was to go back and read in search for hints of who was a skrull

#35 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

The art in FC is mush better.

#36 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"The art in FC is mush better."
now there I disagree, J.G Jones ain't at his prime and this is in my opinion Yu's best work to date
#37 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
true that
#38 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"AtPhantom said:
now there I disagree, J.G Jones ain't at his prime and this is in my opinion Yu's best work to date"

Agree'd. I hated Yu in New Avengers. Everything was so dark and eh. But here it sort of the same style, lighter and it's great to me.
#39 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that FC may be the better story

I have been upset with SI ever since the 70 heroes turn out the be skrulls the whole thing just lost alot of lure to me

#40 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio
Vlad Tepes Dracula said:
"AtPhantom said:
"The art in SI is mush better."
true that"
there typo <.<

anyways it depends on which series SI is involved with but as far as it goes with Avengers and thunderbolts the art is ace (New Avengers excluded)
#41 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Just picked up FC #1

Seriously, though, Final Crisis (Where it lacks in art) makes up for it alot in story. I'm gonna give this to FC

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I don't really like Yu's art, and FC has a much more epic fell to it.
The First page in FC, with the whole "I am Metron" thing, just nailed me to the series.

#43 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

well yes, FC itself is better in story possibly but as i said, i think SI is more diverse since it compells to the entire marvel u and will carry a huge aftermath, then again i love seein SBP again the even itself wins FC i guess

#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

In FC #3, Darkseid actually conquers the Earth. When have we seen that before?

#45 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Light talking about not wanting to disapoint Giganta was funny as hell

#46 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG drift did you read revelations with the spectre where he rapes?

#47 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Vlad Tepes Dracula said:
"OMG drift did you read revelations with the spectre where he rapes?"
I've seen the scan online but they did'nt have Revelations at my shop

Damn
#48 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

get on msn xP

#49 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao

Ok, Ok

#50 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Vlad Tepes Dracula said:
"well yes, FC itself is better in story possibly but as i said, i think SI is more diverse since it compells to the entire marvel u and will carry a huge aftermath, then again i love seein SBP again the even itself wins FC i guess"
lol really?

this event compells since the beggining (anthro) to the very far future (Kamandi, Legion of superheroes) even alternate realities