SECRET IDENTITIES: Bruce Wayne Vs. Steve Rogers

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

SCENARIO: Abducted by MOJO from their respective universes, he pits Wayne and Rogers against each other in an inescapable arena for his 'viewers ' amusement. The weapons left to them are (each) a sword, a mace and a spear. They must fight to the death, lest their lives be ended and their universes destroyed by the legion of LOBO which Mojo has helped fund.

PREP: None. They are drawn up into the arena for immediate battle.

CONDITIONS: Yes, yes, we know they're both heroes, but there will NO team ups. They are fighting for their universes and they both know that each must do what they must to ensure the needs of the many.

Now... FIGHT!

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Bruce Wayne.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SirBaronOBeefdip

Bruce

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bruce

manuelb132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce :P

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

Wait, wait, wait: To whom is this being broadcast? Because the way you phrase the battle and the setup makes it seem like this is being broadcast to each universe, meaning Bruce has to try and keep his identity under wraps WHILE fending off Cap. Which makes this fight much more interesting, potentially enough to swing it for Cap.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RBT

Bruce would take down Steve and make it look like it was a lucky shot.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: There's no way Bruce is going to job a win over Steve and make it look like he was lucky.

Could go either way, Batman possibly with the weapons due to being trained in them. However Cap is no slouch and could possibly get it to Hand to Hand which I think he has the edge over Batman in.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: Bruce has fought and defeated Talon while trying to make it look like he was only getting lucky shots in. And Talon is no slouch when it comes to h2h.

People don't realize just how skilled Bruce is.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BruceGod stomps.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Steve wrecks. He's just as skilled (both know every fighting style on Earth) but Steve is also faster and stronger.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce is more hampered by the loss of his gear than Steve is, while Steve still has the edge in physicals. I'll say Steve but Bruce can make him work for it.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Bruce as he would go for the kill off the bat for his universe.

DCfan2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DCfan2015

Bruce take this fight easy....since there is no morals he will just hit the parts that kill .

Avatar image for amazing_spiderman
Amazing_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve easy peasy

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on the version of steve

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: You might be remembering wrong. Bruce tried to fight Talon without giving away his secret identity, but then Talon started kicking his ass and Bruce said f*** that. Not to mention Bruce didn't beat Talon in that encounter anyway, NOT TO MENTION your whole argument is under the impression that Talon is comparable to Captain America.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, with no standard gear I'm giving it to Cap 6/10

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Its been a while since I read it, but didn't Bruce throw Talon from a building while he was out in public? And Talon is pretty high up.in skill as well. IIRC, he fought on par with Nightwing. And he also fought evenly with Bruce. Granted Bruce was in a bad shape, but he still had to work to take Talon down.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@rbt: You have it backwards, Talon through Bruce from the building while throwing knives into his central nerve clusters. Somehow Talon also fell from the building, I don't really remember how, maybe Bruce had his hands on him or maybe Cobb actually jumped after Bruce to finish the job, but in the very best case scenario the fight can only be considered a stalemate.

Now as for Cobb's own abilities, he never fought on par with Nightwing. He ambushed Nightwing when Nightwing was already half-dead from fighting another Talon, then Talon still lost because he was tricked by Dick after Dick was literally paralyzed from injury and blood loss and Talon was carrying him around. The best Cobb has is Dick musing that even if he was in good condition, he might not have been able to win in a straight fight. Now I'm not underestimating Cobb, he should be a pretty respectable fighter in DC considering the statement that he is the best Talon ever, but I think you're underselling Captain America. He is among the highest of high tiers in Marvel, Talon does not make a suitable substitute. As for Cobb fighting Batman in the maze, that's kind of counter-intuitive don't you think? You're saying Batman is skilled because he beat Talon, who is skilled because he fought on par with Batman... What? So Bruce is more skilled than Steve because he's comparable to himself? Not a gold argument.

The winner of this fight is completely arguable, but I think the idea of Bruce beating Captain America so easily that he also makes it look like a lucky shot is just silly. You're underselling Cap. The skill difference between Bruce and Steve is tantamount to the physical difference, which is why I always call this fight a stalemate.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Oh. Well. I'm gonna have to rr read those issues to make any further argument. As for the skill comparison I made, I did compare Talon with Dick as well. Anyway, who do you think is more skilled? Steve or Dick?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@nickzambuto: Oh. Well. I'm gonna have to rr read those issues to make any further argument. As for the skill comparison I made, I did compare Talon with Dick as well. Anyway, who do you think is more skilled? Steve or Dick?

Definitely Steve.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Wait, wait, wait: To whom is this being broadcast? Because the way you phrase the battle and the setup makes it seem like this is being broadcast to each universe, meaning Bruce has to try and keep his identity under wraps WHILE fending off Cap. Which makes this fight much more interesting, potentially enough to swing it for Cap.

This would only be being broadcast to the Mojoverse, so gloves are off identity-wise (though future one's will definitely address the need to maintain secret identities)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce is more hampered by the loss of his gear than Steve is, while Steve still has the edge in physicals. I'll say Steve but Bruce can make him work for it.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirBaronOBeefdip

Bruce. He's more skilled in h2h then Steve not by a huge margin but enough to best him.

Steve's adept every Martial art but Bruce has mastered every Martial art.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. He trained with swords and other weapons more than cap if I'm remembering correctly

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My moneys on steve

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve in the closest fight in comic books

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: give Steve a metal shield to make it easier. Steve is adapt in every martial art. Bruce has MASTERED every martial art. Steve is still very high tier though, even in the same league as Bruce, but since Bruce is more skilled with weapons, I say he takes this 6/10. It will be an epic fight though.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce is far better trained with weaponary than Steve, just that he does not use them. Bruce wins 7/10

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: and also what type of sword?

You could potentially give Steve just the shield, and give Bruce just the sword and the spear.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both team-up and find a way to escape, as the arena isn't technically inescapable. Then, they'll use their remaining time to track, locate, and beat the living hell out of Mojo. Afterward, they hijack a teleporter back to their respective Universes.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how do you quantify how skilled each are? does cap have low showings vs skilled fighters (wolverine etc?)

and this is basically a superhuman vs a human h2h

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Isn't Steve an old man right now?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capt has better stats? Please

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: and also what type of sword?

You could potentially give Steve just the shield, and give Bruce just the sword and the spear.

I'm a traditionalist so i'm going to have to go with the Broadsword; the most user unfriendly of the sword family :)

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@feebadger: Steve Rodgers

OBVIOUSLY

Here's a few reasons:

- Bruce will hesitate to kill seeing as how he refuses to and Steve is a soldier and won't

- Steve has the serum

- Bruce has no gadgets or bat-gimmicks

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The people of Gotham are borderline mentally disabled, so they'd never guess he's Bruce.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

The people of Gotham are borderline mentally disabled, so they'd never guess he's Bruce.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

HAHA! I'll never read a Batman comic the same again. Stoopid Gothamites.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look! It's a BUMP!

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers