Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SentryVoid616
No Caption Provided

Pictured Secret Avengers Vs Pictured X-Men

Twist - Team Leaders

SA - Commander Rogers

X-Men - Wolverine

OP - Morals Apply, Win By K.O or other incapacitation. NO BFR Teams Co-Op and fight in line with tactics defined by Their team leaders.

Location - Central Park, New York City, They Start 150 Metres Apart.

Who Wins? Who Has the better leader?

Discuss!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Isn't that Nova I see at the back of the SA team? Isn't Nova currently a 100tonner with energy manipulation on par with Silver Surfer? If this is true then i'm pretty sure I know who wins lol

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rd2race

yeah nova solos. without him, its close. war machine and valkarie are the heavy hitters for the avengers. If beast and moon knight are dispatched fairly quickly I could maybe see the x-men pulling a win, although it think its fairly unlikely. avengers 6/10 without nova.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Strider92 said:

Isn't that Nova I see at the back of the SA team? Isn't Nova currently a 100tonner with energy manipulation on par with Silver Surfer? If this is true then i'm pretty sure I know who wins lol

Unless Colossus is Cytorrak empowered 'without' morals. Then this could be a fight.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@Super_SoldierXII: Not really. Nova could still BFR him quite easily before coming back and finishing the rest off.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Strider92 said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Not really. Nova could still BFR him quite easily before coming back and finishing the rest off.

How?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@Super_SoldierXII: I'm not particularly knowledgeable on Nova but I always thought that guy was pretty damn fast what with him flying through space and all. Couldn't he just grab Colossus fly out of the atmosphere and leave him floating around in space?

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

Lol that right there shows my knowledge on Nova. Last time I saw him he was around SS level.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Nova is enough to carry the avengers to an easy victory

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212

@Strider92 said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I'm not particularly knowledgeable on Nova but I always thought that guy was pretty damn fast what with him flying through space and all. Couldn't he just grab Colossus fly out of the atmosphere and leave him floating around in space?

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

Lol that right there shows my knowledge on Nova. Last time I saw him he was around SS level.

He died in Thanos Imperitive

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Strider92 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

No he couldn't. The gem makes him unstoppable ... meaning he doesn't just get 'picked-up'. He's been BFR'd very temporarily by allowing his momentum to carry him away from the fray (which I find completely silly. As though he wouldn't have the wherewithal to stop his forward momentum).

And morals off means he's embracing the full power of Cytorrak. We're talking possible Trion Juggs levels here and beyond.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Nova Prime would solo. Nobody here is really even capable of hurting him, and his gravity manipulation would be plenty effective.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Illuminatus said:

Nova Prime would solo. Nobody here is really even capable of hurting him, and his gravity manipulation would be plenty effective.

Nova Prime against Trion level empowered Colossus. Hm.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Saren

Colossanaut has been BFR'd by Pixie and teleported around by Magik, but Nova cannot create portals so it's a moot point.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

@CitizenBane said:

Colossanaut has been BFR'd by Pixie and teleported around by Magik, but Nova cannot create portals so it's a moot point.

Nova blasts him into orbit.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

He hasn't been confirmed dead as far as I know. He and Star-Lord were trapped in the collapsing Cancerverse with Thanos at the end of The Thanos Imperative. That was the last time anyone saw him. Thanos has since made a return in Avengers Assemble #3, so Nova might be back too.........but then again this might be another Thanosi.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

He hasn't been confirmed dead as far as I know. He and Star-Lord were trapped in the collapsing Cancerverse with Thanos at the end of The Thanos Imperative. That was the last time anyone saw him. Thanos has since made a return in Avengers Assemble #3, so Nova might be back too.........but then again this might be another Thanosi.

Got it.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

@CitizenBane said:

Nova does not blast Juggernaut into orbit.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

Yeah, I don't think Marvel ever actually said, "He's dead.", but it has been heavily implied we wont be seeing Star-Lord and Rider anytime soon, as there was that monument built in their honor with Quasar and RR paying their respects.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

Yeah, I don't think Marvel ever actually said, "He's dead.", but it has been heavily implied we wont be seeing Star-Lord and Rider anytime soon, as there was that monument built in their honor with Quasar and RR paying their respects.

Same thing happened for Johnny Storm, right down to the monument in his honor. Look how that turned out.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

Same thing happened for Johnny Storm, right down to the monument in his honor. Look how that turned out.

No Caption Provided
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

@CitizenBane said:

Yes he could.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

I think the Secret Avengers win after a long tiring fight.

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Doombot_666

I'm going on the assumption that these teams are using the versions of their respective characters from the time period of the pics, so the X-Men would be without Cyttorak-enhanced Colossus, and Commander Rogers would use his energy shield and guns.

Commander Rogers is one Hell of a tactician, but since this is a heroes vs heroes battle, he'll hold back some. That means he's probably have Nova hold back some. He'd probably have Nova and Warmachine take out Psylocke and the X-Men's teleporters as quickly as they can before solidifying their air dominance against Arc Angel. He'd probably have Valkyrie occupy Colossus until Nova and Warmachine have defeated their respective targets. Beast and Moon Knight would be tasked with occupying X-23 while they can.

Wolverine is ruthless, but I don't see him ordering the X-Men to kill the Secret Avengers, so he'd hold back too. One of his weaknesses as a leader seems to be that he prefers to take responsibility himself when he should delegate. He'd probably take the fight right to Commander Rogers by himself. He also lets his personal feelings get in the way far to often, so he might coddle X-23 a bit too much. Sometimes he has problems controlling his people, so he probably wouldn't be able to stop Colossus from coddling Magik (that is Magik in the lower right-hand corner, right?) or stopping X-23 from trying to tank a blast from Nova or some other suicidal thing that she believes is tactically sound. To the X-Men's credit, they have teleporters, whom Wolverine would probably use to take out Moonknight and Beast quickly by dropping them from high enough to break their legs, because Wolverine is nothing if not merciful, lol. Psylocke would probably take some initiative and psy-blast who she can, but not Nova because of his helmet (...if I recall correctly... someone help me out here), and not Commander Rogers because Wolverine would want to handle him personally. Colossus, besides being a powerhouse unto himself, could help counter the Secret Avenger's air dominance with Wolverine and a fastball special.

I think Commander Rogers is the better leader than Wolverine, but the X-Men's danger room-honed training make them a little better at thinking on their feet. I think Nova's power-level (plus immunity to psychic attack) and Commander Roger's superior leadership would win the day for the Secret Avengers.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By isaac_clarke

Nova could blitz the entirety of team 2 on his lonesome. He was certainly making a fool out of Drax doing so.

@CitizenBane said:

Can't Nova just fly him up out of the atmosphere and toss him through a stargate?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby
@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

Don't forget Superman. And when Cap and all those others died fighting Onslaught. And etc. etc. etc. 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By charlieboy

couldn't magik just bfr the whole secret avengers team through teleportation to limbo or wherever else she wants?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiq

Probably boils down to Nova vs Magik in limbo. or if Magik ports nova into a different time period, can Nova time travel and get back? Can a stargate do that?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@jeanroygrant said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Strider92 said:

Nova is currently dead.

How did he die?

@CitizenBane said:

Yes he could.

If Colossus is without morals as I had suggested, there is no limit he would not be willing to go, no restraint in tapping the gems power to win. Please point out a book in which a non-powered down Juggs was picked up and tossed around so easily and I'll cede the point. As I know of no such instance myself. BFR in such a manner goes against his 'Unstoppable' billing.

To my knowledge, no one has been able to toss Juggernaut around let alone pick him up and/or blast off with him in tow into outer space like we was some kind of rag doll to be tossed about.

Namtomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Namtomex

If Nova can absorb energy, and people are energy, can he absorb an entire person?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

They did the same thing for Cap too. And he was...Back in Time.

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Doombot_666

@Namtomex said:

If Nova can absorb energy, and people are energy, can he absorb an entire person?

No.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

That was really hilarious. They only hyped it to get sales, and even I bought into it. I think it was right then where I said "Goodbye, Marvel. Uncanny X-Force is all you mean to me now."

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Nova Secret Avengers win.

Without Nova the Secret Avengers wi- WAIT is that Magik and Nightcrawler?

Damn with X-23, Wolvie, Archangel, Psylocke and the aforementioned the X-Men win.

SentryVoid616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SentryVoid616

@Doombot_666: Thanks For Reading the OP!

Edited The op to state no BFR.

Reading through it seems that you think this is unfair for the x-men because of Nova, so i'll now give you 2 options

No Caption Provided

1. Add Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl) to the x-men.

No Caption Provided

2. Replace Nova With Captain Britain.

I hope 1 of these changes will make this a better fight for you.

Please Enjoy Debating!

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Doombot_666

With the alterations to the scenario, I don't think there's much to keep Psylocke and Marvel Girl from just mind-raping all of the Secret Avengers except Captain Britain. Then it's Captain Britain vs the X-Men. Marvel Girl definitely tips the scales in the X-Men's favor.

SentryVoid616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SentryVoid616

@Doombot_666 said:

With the alterations to the scenario, I don't think there's much to keep Psylocke and Marvel Girl from just mind-raping all of the Secret Avengers except Captain Britain. Then it's Captain Britain vs the X-Men. Marvel Girl definitely tips the scales in the X-Men's favor.

Use 1 of the options, so it'll either be x-men and Marvel girl vs SA (including Nova) or x-men vs SA (NO NOVA, with Captain Britain) sorry for the confusion Doombot_666