User Lists: 0

Superman keeps dropping buildings on him till he sufficates :/

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can this shaw ovrrload? If so heat vision from the sky while moving at high speed should do it

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By WastelandMan

Shaw stomps.

Literally nothing Superman can do can harm him, he was able to absorb 95% of a nuclear reactor.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WastelandMan

I wished I commented in this thread when it was made a year ago because there's so much misinformation it's laughable.

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Superman uses x-ray vision to give Shaw cancer, that or freeze breath. The only way Shaw can win is if Supes go full retard and kept hitting him with punches and heat vision when it obviously isn't working, Shaw isn't tagging or hurting him unless he absorbed Supes kinetic energy while Supes could just grab him, drop him in the ocean, and use freeze breath.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If shaw powers was automatic a coin wouldn't have killed him plain and simple.

Also if kinetic energy wasn't. Threat then he wouldn't need to run away from Magneto when he was throwing an anchor at him

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By WastelandMan

@karit:

Superman uses x-ray vision to give Shaw cancer,

.........He already absorbed nearly an entire nuclear reactors worth of radiation.

that or freeze breath.

.........MoS Superman has never used freeze breath even once.

The only way Shaw can win is if Supes go full retard and kept hitting him with punches and heat vision when it obviously isn't working, Shaw isn't tagging or hurting him unless he absorbed Supes kinetic energy while Supes could just grab him, drop him in the ocean, and use freeze breath.

........Again, no freeze breath.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WastelandMan

@doom_phd said:

If shaw powers was automatic a coin wouldn't have killed him plain and simple.

Also if kinetic energy wasn't. Threat then he wouldn't need to run away from Magneto when he was throwing an anchor at him

Shaw's powers are automatic as long as he's conscious.

What are you talking about? Shaw absorbed a barrage of metal pillars from Mag and literally didn't care.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: he was consious when mag toss that coin, Mags even mention that's why he did it because he was aware of what will happen.

Myth busted

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WastelandMan

@doom_phd said:

@m_man: he was consious when mag toss that coin, Mags even mention that's why he did it because he was aware of what will happen.

Myth busted

................No he didn't. This is just straight up lies. I just saw the scene. Nowhere is it stated that he is conscious. Xavier mind-stops people all the time in multiple films and they remember absolutely nothing every single time. When he mind stopped all the people in the white house to talk to the president, no one but the president recall anything at all.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw in the debate is no fun, he, s like a indestructible chinese finger puzzle, it wont beat supes but I cant se supes beating it

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@m_man said:

Shaw stomps.

Literally nothing Superman can do can harm him, he was able to absorb 95% of a nuclear reactor.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helicoprion: but how would shaw win without supes doing anything counterproductive to the win once shaws powerset is known which will be fast, because flight is making it a stalemate to me

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#64 JediXMan  Moderator

Unless Superman BFRs Shaw into space, he can't win. Anything he does will only make Shaw stronger; Shaw never showed an upper limit to his power.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RandomSid82

@uncanny_cable: dropping buildings on him wouldn't work. He would simply absorb the energy and blast them away similar to when he absorbed the energy from the bullets shot at him and stomped the floor making a massive explosion to kill the FBI guys. And nothing in the film overloaded him nor was there any mention or hint that anything could. He absorbed almost an entire nuclear reactor and was still able to absorb kinetic energy from Magneto's attack without any trouble. There is literally nothing Superman can do to win and there is plenty Shaw can do to win.

He literally took the energy from bullets hitting him and created a massive explosion from it. Anything Superman throws at him gets absorbed and Superman gets hit with a more powerful version.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

without bfr, shaw stomps

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: superman still have ftl combat speed or close to it, so so how does suppling the gun with bullets=landing the shot? Supes could supply him with 100,000 tons of force but if shaw releases that force through a blast and misses this could happen endlessly, so where does the win come in

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman takes a paper bag he puts around Shaw head, and he kills him. Or he simply chokes Shaw with the normal strenght of a human.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman takes a paper bag he puts around Shaw head, and he kills him. Or he simply chokes Shaw with the normal strenght of a human.

Nothing you listed would even work.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Kute

@black_arrow:

so any human could have killed shaw?

edit: also... was movie superman FTL? i honestly don't remember it too well. wasn't the best movie. but superman is a terrible character

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@black_arrow said:

Nothing you listed would even work.

There is no indication that Shaw can survive without Oxygen, something like the paperbag trick may work, Superman only has to let Shaw use the energy that he has left (until he is as weak as a human) and call it a day. Also If Superman knows that Shaw will absorb his attacks, he won't attack him, and Shaw can't damage him eiter, so at best it's a stalemate.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shaw nfl wank

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WastelandMan

@black_arrow said:

There is no indication that Shaw can survive without Oxygen, something like the paperbag trick may work

Shaw has enough energy stored in him to tear open any bag on his head...........

Superman only has to let Shaw use the energy that he has left (until he is as weak as a human) and call it a day. Also If Superman knows that Shaw will absorb his attacks

Shaw is very conservative with energy and always keeps from using all of it.

he won't attack him, and Shaw can't damage him eiter, so at best it's a stalemate.

That would be a better argument.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By UNCANNY_CABLE
RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: superman still have ftl combat speed or close to it, so so how does suppling the gun with bullets=landing the shot? Supes could supply him with 100,000 tons of force but if shaw releases that force through a blast and misses this could happen endlessly, so where does the win come in

No he doesn't. This is Man of Steel Superman. He never even came close to FTL anything.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already explained how that would not work in post #49 on the first page.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: dang slipped the noggin, well how fast do you think supes has to be to dodge a energy blast, wolverine does it with cyclops all the time, and hes grounded, so same problem how does shaw hit supes unless he lets him

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: dang slipped the noggin, well how fast do you think supes has to be to dodge a energy blast, wolverine does it with cyclops all the time, and hes grounded, so same problem how does shaw hit supes unless he lets him

Considering he couldn't even dodge bullets all the time in the movie, he isn't fast enough to continually dodge energy blasts.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Truth_Teller

Superman breaks his him.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman breaks his him.

Go back, read the thread, learn about the character, then try again.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Black_Arrow
@black_arrow said:

Well actually I was taking that into consideration (not with the paperbag stuff), It's really a versus how long can Shaw hold his breath against how much it takes to absorb the energy necessary to overpower Superman. It could go to anyone that stand off.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:
@black_arrow said:

Well actually I was taking that into consideration (not with the paperbag stuff), It's really a versus how long can Shaw hold his breath against how much it takes to absorb the energy necessary to overpower Superman. It could go to anyone that stand off.

Considering how tiny a fraction of the amount of energy it would take to destroy a simple paperbag, he could absorb that just from the kinetic energy Superman used to place the bag over his head in the first place.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

That sounded rude. I dont think I need to read it though, I'm pretty sure I've seen the movies enough times to know what I'm talking about. I could be wrong though, so would you tell me what I said that you have a problem with?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller:

Shaw can absorb literally any attack Superman throws at him. With no BFR, there's literally no way Superman can win.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

That sounded rude. I dont think I need to read it though, I'm pretty sure I've seen the movies enough times to know what I'm talking about. I could be wrong though, so would you tell me what I said that you have a problem with?

Sorry, I was not intending to sound rude. I've posted why Superman would not beat him and nobody has yet to post anything that would work. The main post was post #49. There is literally nothing Superman can do to Shaw without him absorbing it and using it against him.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

Sorry, I was not intending to sound rude. I've posted why Superman would not beat him and nobody has yet to post anything that would work. The main post was post #49. There is literally nothing Superman can do to Shaw without him absorbing it and using it against him.

Why cant Superman end him like he did to Zod? All he would be doing is turning Shaw's head until it broke.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RandomSid82

@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

Why cant Superman end him like he did to Zod? All he would be doing is turning Shaw's head until it broke.

I already explained that, just didn't use that exact example. Why wouldn't that work? Because Shaw absorbs all Kinetic Energy thrown at him in any way. Even turning someone's head is creating Kinetic Energy, so as Superman was trying to break his neck, he would be continually absorbing the Kinetic Energy and Superman would never get anywhere. He would continually have to exert more and more force, which would in turn continually be absorbed until finally Shaw simply let it all out in an explosive backlash that KOed Superman. After all, if an oil rig explosion can KO Man of Steel Superman, then the type of Explosion I'm talking about could rather easily as well.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:
@randomsid said:
@black_arrow said:

Considering how tiny a fraction of the amount of energy it would take to destroy a simple paperbag, he could absorb that just from the kinetic energy Superman used to place the bag over his head in the first place.

That is why I stated not with the paperbag stuff, just good old Choking.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: thats wis, if your talking about the scene where the turret is the helicopter hit him while fighting kryptonians, shaw doesnt have that plot device along with the ok nly 5 we could probably count off that your naturally gonna find in movies

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WastelandMan

@black_arrow said:

That is why I stated not with the paperbag stuff, just good old Choking.

Applying any significant pressure is kinetic energy, which Shaw absorbs..........................seriously, if choking him was the solution to ending Shaw, he would have died a long time ago.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: thats wis, if your talking about the scene where the turret is the helicopter hit him while fighting kryptonians, shaw doesnt have that plot device along with the ok nly 5 we could probably count off that your naturally gonna find in movies

I fail to see how that would be WIS, it was clearly shown in the movie that he doesn't have the speed his comic counterpart has, and they were surprised by the military interrupting the fight. The point was that Superman is nowhere near even a fraction of the speed of his comic counterpart. Then there is the fact that in character he does brawl a lot. He never once tried to stand back and use his abilities to his advantage. Regardless, once again, what exactly would he do to Shaw? Everything he threw at Shaw would simply be absorbed, and in character he would definitely come in range for Shaw to easily tag him with a blast.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

I already explained that, just didn't use that exact example. Why wouldn't that work? Because Shaw absorbs all Kinetic Energy thrown at him in any way. Even turning someone's head is creating Kinetic Energy, so as Superman was trying to break his neck, he would be continually absorbing the Kinetic Energy and Superman would never get anywhere. He would continually have to exert more and more force, which would in turn continually be absorbed until finally Shaw simply let it all out in an explosive backlash that KOed Superman. After all, if an oil rig explosion can KO Man of Steel Superman, then the type of Explosion I'm talking about could rather easily as well.

How would Shaw absorb energy when he's dead though?

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now ive done some thinking now what if the same way you would bfr juggernaut (grabbing the ground beneath him) and relocating the fight too say......the middle of Antarctica, and wait the man out till that amount of tnt hell use to keep his body temp is gone

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By RandomSid82

@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:
@randomsid said:
@truth_teller said:

Superman breaks his him.

He wouldn't be dead, Superman would never get that far, the second he got close Shaw would already be absorbing the kinetic energy of him moving. Superman could not exert enough force to overpower his absorption. If it was that easy Magneto could have done it simply by using the metal in his helmet to snap his neck. I'm not sure where you are having the trouble understanding that any and all kinetic energy is aborbed by Shaw.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw can get to the top of a nearby building and jump off to absorb the force and keep repeating it till he's filled with enough energy to hurt superman and then he just has to wait for superman to make a move.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By RandomSid82

Now ive done some thinking now what if the same way you would bfr juggernaut (grabbing the ground beneath him) and relocating the fight too say......the middle of Antarctica, and wait the man out till that amount of tnt hell use to keep his body temp is gone

BFR is not an option for this fight. Check the OP.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karit said:

@m_man: Superman uses x-ray vision to give Shaw cancer, that or freeze breath. The only way Shaw can win is if Supes go full retard and kept hitting him with punches and heat vision when it obviously isn't working,Shaw isn't tagging or hurting him unless he absorbed Supes kinetic energy while Supes could just grab him, drop him in the ocean, and use freeze breath.

1. Superman wouldn't think to give him cancer via X ray vision lmao
  2. When has he demonstrated freeze breath?
  3. That's literally what he did thats him in character just straight bull rushing, punching and heat vision. All he'll do is make Shaw more powerful.
WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By WastelandMan

@truth_teller said:

He wouldn't be. Any energy would be absorbed before it's applied. Shaw tanks massive explosions and barrages of physical force without budging an inch.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

No BFR allowed? Maybe Superman jams his arm down Shaw's throat till he suffocates. The TNT-level amount of energy Shaw starts with isn't gonna be enough to get Superman off of him.

Also I'd like everyone to thank me for reviving this.