Superman.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shaw.... anything Superman does to him just gives him more power. All Superman's punches is just kinetic energy waiting to be absorbed by Shaw.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few pounds of TNT isn't phasing Superman. Superman soundly wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: How? It's not how much he has absorbed at the beginning, it's how much he's going to get from Superman. Everything Superman does is just going to give him more power.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: No BFR, I was assuming he wasn't allowed to bring him into space.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: How? It's not how much he has absorbed at the beginning, it's how much he's going to get from Superman. Everything Superman does is just going to give him more power.

Superman is going to give him that much energy? Based off of what exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Based off that he will just absorb all the energy of whatever Superman does to him. Laser-eyes? Om nom nom nom. Punches or kicks? Om nom nom nom.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

He's not - what I meant was, he starts off with that amount. I dunno how much energy Superman can give him with his hits.

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can soundly win

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18 said:

He's not - what I meant was, he starts off with that amount. I dunno how much energy Superman can give him with his hits.

I already knew he started off what you gave him, but the other guy think it's going to be obtain from Superman. Idk lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: ... Superman punches, the kinetic energy from the punches get absorbed by Sebastian, hence Superman 'giving' Sebastian more energy. Superman uses his lasers, once again, Sebastian absorbs them like he's done with nuclear energy, grenades, rocket launchers, and that one guys energy attack(don't remember his name).

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: ... Superman punches, the kinetic energy from the punches get absorbed by Sebastian, hence Superman 'giving' Sebastian more energy. Superman uses his lasers, once again, Sebastian absorbs them like he's done with nuclear energy, grenades, rocket launchers, and that one guys energy attack(don't remember his name).

Havoc or Darwin? Anyway, I've seen the movie but don't remember a certain detail if it was stated or implied. Does Shaw powers work subconsciously? If not, then I don't see why he wouldn't just blitz him. Even then, I don't see what's keep Clark from just destroying the environment around him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ntb101 said:

Superman can soundly win

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedblitz to get close. Heat vision to the eyes before Shaw reacts. Absorb that!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havoc or Darwin? Anyway, I've seen the movie but don't remember a certain detail if it was stated or implied. Does Shaw powers work subconsciously? If not, then I don't see why he wouldn't just blitz him. Even then, I don't see what's keep Clark from just destroying the environment around him.

No idea, it wasn't really stated. Everytime something happened to him, he just absorbed it. Except when Charles froze his mind with TP. So, if it doesn't auto happen, Superman would win.

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ntb101

@blackwind: shaw has to react to absorb the energy i thought it would absorb it automatically

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18 said:

No idea, it wasn't really stated. Everytime something happened to him, he just absorbed it. Except when Charles froze his mind with TP. So, if it doesn't auto happen, Superman would win.

I guess we both can agree with that at least.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Superman just choke him out? He can probably just force him face down in the sewer or any other body of water within the city and keep him there until the bubbles stop

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

Can't Superman just choke him out? He can probably just force him face down in the sewer or any other body of water within the city and keep him there until the bubbles stop

Lol in-character Supercavill isn't doing that. A couple pounds of TNT isn't doing anything to Supercavill, and since Supercavill knows Shawbacon's powers, he'll probably just spin the man dizzy or something benign like that. Furthermore, each time Shawbacon used his powers within First Class, he was aware of the attack being thrown at him. No one ever attempted (succesfully at least) to blindside him, so we don't know if he'll be able to absorb a speedblitz or an attack he isn't aware is coming.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wardemon32

Well since Superman knows his powers he could probably think of

• Crush him(Even if he tries to absrobs...he would be flat)
  • Snap his neck. People say that Sebastian would absorb the energy from Superman when he is snapping his neck but even if he starts abosrbing the energy...his neck is snapped. He would be dead.
  • Sebastains powers only works when he is aware and can react to whats going on. His powers aren't really always "on", so if Superman goes for a speedblitz then he's dead.
  • Possibly drown him(If water is around)

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw's powers are always on, so a quick neck snap isn't going to work. Superman isn't going to try that anyway as this is in character not blood-lusted.

That said, Superman still wins. Shaw does have a limit to how much energy he can absorb, and Superman is powerful enough to exceed that limit if he really wanted to. It's just gonna take a bit longer then most people are thinking.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wardemon32

@moonchilde:

Couple things wrong even though you think Superman wins.

• Shaw hasn't been shown to have a limit,
  • If it was "always on" then he would have not been hurt by that coin.

How exactly wouldnt a neck snap work? And if Superman has to use it then he's going to use it. He wasn't bloodlusted when he snapped Zods neck.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ForeverEvil

superman could freeze him and punch him into oblivion.

superman could lobotomize him from the inside out.

superman could concentrate his xray vision and scan him for however long it took to give shaw cancer.

superman could yell and blow up his head

superman could speed blitz and calmly go up to shaw and remove his skin

superman could phaze his hand thru his skull and rip out his brain

superman could....oh nevermind, you get the idea

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw comfortably absorbed a nuclear reactor. That is quite a feat in its own right.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw comfortably absorbed a nuclear reactor. That is quite a feat in its own right.

he never finished did he?????? i'll throw the movie on right now to double check that

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve said:

he never finished did he?????? i'll throw the movie on right now to double check that

Well, does it matter if he finished?? Its not like he couldn't handle it, he didn't finish because he was interrupted if he could finish he would have. Shaw was a powerhouse in the film with no credited limit. Superman was powerful as hell but at the same time he was apparently having trouble fighting other Kryptonians who didn't even have full on Kryptonian powers at that point in the film.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:
@emequious_swerve said:

Well, does it matter if he finished?? Its not like he couldn't handle it, he didn't finish because he was interrupted if he could finish he would have. Shaw was a powerhouse in the film with no credited limit. Superman was powerful as hell but at the same time he was apparently having trouble fighting other Kryptonians who didn't even have full on Kryptonian powers at that point in the film.

of course it matters. you cant claim that he would have finished if he wasnt interrupted. thats a flat out lie. we dont know that he could or couldnt.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

of course it matters. you cant claim that he would have finished if he wasnt interrupted. thats a flat out lie. we dont know that he could or couldnt.

What, dude, you posted a bunch of things Superman could to Shaw like 3 posts up that Superman never did in the film...like phazing (which you spelled wrong by the way) and "freeze" him. Did you take your meds today??

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ForeverEvil

@foreverevil said:

What, dude, you posted a bunch of things Superman could to Shaw like 3 posts up that Superman never did in the film...like phazing (which you spelled wrong by the way) and "freeze" him. Did you take your meds today??

no need to be a rude jack ass for no reason.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Storm Calling

Shaw was very powerful in X-men First Class, and with very little weaknesses. I think it was pretty clear his powers were always on. There were several instances where he was hit by surprise and still absorbed the attack. The only way I see Clark bringing him down is by somehow pushing him past his absorbing limit(which was never established in the film but he most likely still had one). I think Clark's speed will be his greatest factor here, which most likely will give him the win against Shaw. I was going to suggest him using his ice breath to freeze Shaw, but I don't believe he ever demonstrated this ability in Man Of Steel.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Isn't this just a question of Superman finding a body of water, throw Shaw in, and then freeze it solid?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this still a mismatch in Superman's favor? I vote for a lock, I'd contact a mod but I do it too much so I'll let someone else do it.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: I don't think that Supes can break Shaws neck or anything but I can't argue with your logic on crushing him. Supes can probably lift a house or something and drop it on his head. He did after all run from his boat getting crushed

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@wardemon32: What this guy said, 1st reason listed. Supermans aware of his opponent as stated by OP. So he likely knows shaws limits as well as his abilities. First off shaw is still human, a humans body can only hold so much energy before being consumed by it. Hence why we couldn't realistically go FTL because we'd turn into energy. But even then! With that aside, all superman really has to do is contain shaw. Drop a truck on him, break his legs, simply restrain him, freeze him, melt tar underneath his feet and rapidly cool it, throw him in a damn bank vault. Shaw can draw up energy himself by letting his team beat him amd hitting walls, but he wont hit enough walls within a short enough time frame to break out of a bank vault.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only chance Supes has here is if he's able to some how incapacitate Shaw. Anything kind of physical or energy based attacks would just strength Shaw whom showed to have no limits IIRC. Freeze breath maybe? Idk even know if clark displayed that power in Man of Steel tho.

Per op Supes can't bfr Shaw. So he's either going to have to slug it out with Shaw or somehow incapacitate him if he can.

Maybe grabbing Shaw and flying him up into the upper atmosphere till Shaw passes out?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii:

Wow. This is the first time you've actually accepted something I've said. But he should definately be able to break Shaws neck. If he can to it to Zod like its nothing, it should be like ripping cotton to him. Shaws neck is already moveable(Obviously), so he should be able to twist it all the way around. Anyone is able to get their neck snapped with the right amount of pressure.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By X_insignia1

@moonchilde said:

Shaw's powers are always on, so a quick neck snap isn't going to work. Superman isn't going to try that anyway as this is in character not blood-lusted.

That said, Superman still wins. Shaw does have a limit to how much energy he can absorb, and Superman is powerful enough to exceed that limit if he really wanted to. It's just gonna take a bit longer then most people are thinking.

Not necessarily, his powers arn't always on, hence why Xavier was able to telepathically hold him wile Magneto killed him with a coin to the head.

God_Spawn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since, Superman has knowledge of Shaw's powers, I jus see him using his heat vision to cut out the functions of Shaw's powers, therefore making Shaw a depowered mutant

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw absorbed the nuke, slowly. He absorbed a grenade and bullets. He was toying with Magneto. He actually grew a superhand to block Darwin's punch. If he can't absorb Supes punches, he can't win. The superhand won't work vs. Supes. Now if he knew of Supes power and could absorb some Kryptonite, now it's trouble....

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman flies him up to space and leaves him there to suffocate.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pateuvasiliu

Draw.

Shaw stomps with knowledge and prep.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no no no... Superman would have to put him in a chokehold in order to suffocate him, without producing a lot of kinetic energy... this is possible, and likely to happen because of his superspeed.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are people thinking Superman would do anything physically to Shaw? Everything you do produces kinetic energy, which Shaw absorbs. Even putting as small amount of force as he can to try and break Shaws neck would be absorbed and he would just have to keep increasing the force, which in turn gets absorbed. Same with trying to hold him underwater, he has to exert force to hold him there and it is steadily being absorbed so he has to steadily increase the force which again is steadily increased. There is literally nothing Superman can do to Shaw. The ONLY thing that worked on Shaw was when Xavier stopped his mind which turned off his power. Superman does not have that ability. Even trying to take him to space he absorbs the kinetic energy of Superman holding him and absorbs the kinetic energy of being taken to space at that speed and blasts Superman with it before he makes it even above the clouds. Besides, there is no BFR according to the OP.