Sebastian Shaw vs Spiderman

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madrid_san

Shaw seen Spidy in the news so he has some knowledge of Spidy's powers. Spidy however has no idea what he is in for. 

The fight starts in an alley. In character. 

Who wins? 

Uncanny 528
Uncanny 528
What makes the outfit
What makes the outfit
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PikminMania

Shaw... VERY easily

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nefarious

Been done. 

Shaw wins with ease....

Jorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jorg

Spidey with ease. All shaw does is build up the exact kinetic energy that spidey gives him, and gives it back with 1 blow.  

Spidey getting hit by his own strength isn't an issue for him, he's been beaten down by Carnage who's 5x stronger than himself, also Spidey is always pulling his punches unless he knows exactly what he's up against (i.e. he wouldn't pull his punches on Rhino since he knows he can take his full strength) Thus the only kinetic energy shaw would be recieving is Spidey's pulled punches.  

Not that any of this matters, Shaw may have seen how fast, strong and nimble Spidey is, as well as his use for webs on the news, but he has no idea about his Spider-sense. Before Shaw throws his punches, he's miss. Shaw isn't faster than a normal human, speed isn't his mutant ability. Spidey takes this perfectly.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By madrid_san

Spidy has been hit by less skillful fighters. And I think Shaw's speed increases too.
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Shaw takes it witout much problem.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@TheMightyAvenger said:
Shaw takes it witout much problem.
this.....
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sgtcrispy

@Jorg said:

but he has no idea about his Spider-sense.

Not that this matters because Spiderman doesn't have it anymore.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By castleking
@madrid_san said:
Spidy has been hit by less skillful fighters. And I think Shaw's speed increases too.
His speed does increase.

Moving on to the fight.

Spiderman will hold back when he 1st runs into him but he will hit him repeatedly with low level blows that shaw will soak up each punch compounding adding to his overall strength and speed.
Spiderman will think he is superhuman and punch him harder only to be punched by his own strength blow. i dont care how tough you are if you get punched with your hardest punched compounded 3x to 5x cause we all know how spidey likes to blitz he is goin to get knocked the f$%# out.
Jorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jorg
@Sgtcrispy

Sorry bud, i'm from England, we get new comics a couple months after America.... 

But how the hell has that happened???
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By madrid_san
@Jorg said:
@Sgtcrispy:  Sorry bud, i'm from England, we get new comics a couple months after America....  But how the hell has that happened???

Long story. I think he got hit with a device that was aimed to take out the spider sense off the machines Smyth created.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By castleking
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By spidey 15

Sebastian wins. 
:)

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shaw wins with ease
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Spider-Man. He's not stupid and Shaw is kind of a big mouth. Spider-Man won't be laying big hits down on Shaw for a while, and he's smart enough to realize that Shaw is getting stronger as the fight goes on. Even if he didn't figure it out on his own, Shaw spells it out for his enemies most of the time. If you don't believe go look at a bunch of his fights. More often than not, he explains how his powers work. To avoid Shaw's greater strength, Spider-man can simply avoid his blows and thrown weapons. He doesn't need his spider sense to avoid a single short range attacker if he's paying attention, and even if he gets hit, someone else brought it up already, he can take hits from people stronger than himself. Not getting beaten to death shouldn't be hard, but how does he win? Ren said it earler: webs. Spider-Man could easily fill Shaw's face with webbing to cut down on his breathing. And before we get into Shaw just ripping it off, the webbing is pretty durable, but just in case, Spider-Man could trick Shaw into losing his energy in attacks on Spider-Man that he just avoids. I'm sure Spider-Man could come up with smarter ways to win, but that's pretty easy.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nefarious

I can see that happening.
MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrSeaman70

Spider-Man shoots Shaw in the eyes with webbing, kicks him in the gonads and makes a run for it :)
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sgtcrispy

@Jorg said:

@Sgtcrispy: Sorry bud, i'm from England, we get new comics a couple months after America.... But how the hell has that happened???

He built some device to take out a bunch of bugs or something and it got rid of his spider-sense. I haven't read the story myself, but I've heard about it and read Spiderman stories after it where he states how difficult it is to manage without it,

weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By weaponxxx

Spider-Man is perfectly capable of winning this fight. Even though increased durability isn't technically part of his power set he has very impressive durability feats. He's much faster than Shaw and much smarter than Shaw. He trapped the Juggernaut in wet cement so I think he's perfectly capable of doing something similar to Shaw. As long as he doesnt give him any kinetic energy to absorb Shaw can't really do anything.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Shaw.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spidey 15
@Jorg said:
@Sgtcrispy:  Sorry bud, i'm from England, we get new comics a couple months after America....  But how the hell has that happened???
Smythe has made an army of bugs and he gave them a similar sense to that of spider-man's spider-sense. Avengers came to help spidey to fight these bugs but they have realized that they can nit even touch them due to that additional sense. So spidey decided to built a device that would help him  take away their sense. His plan was to use the device when he would not be in its range so he would not be affected by it, but scorpion manage to ruin his plans, so he was forced to use the device while he was close to it. As a result he lots his spider-sense. 
:)
--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By --Anubis--

once shaw opens is mouth, his lungs will be filled with webbing. He suffocates, Spidey wins

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blood1991

Power wise I say Shaw, but ol Spidey is a crafty one so I say he has a 25% chance of pulling some ingenius plan to beat Shaw, but honestly with Shaw knowing about Spider Man he has a major edge.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Shaw for the win.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw gets the KO and then drinks some Earl Grey Tea.
Avatar image for greenlanternfan
GreenLanternFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GreenLanternFan

shaw, stands their gets pummeled but gives it back putting spidey down, face it parker is outclassed here
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Matezoide2

question:
when Shawn unleashes energy to attack,will he lose it regardless of hitting or not?

btw,i dont think the lack of Spider-Sense is a problem anymore....Peter is currently training with Shang Chi and (based on this preview),seens to be better than ever

i mean,that`s the best showing he had against a martial artist since forever :P

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

this has been done ...alot an i say Shaw he'd kill Spidey@--Anubis--: its in character that would never happen

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hulk_beyond

Ever notice that people rarely include Spidey's intelligence in these fights? I'm pretty sure he could figure out a way to win like always.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shaw wins

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw

AmazonieSPL

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny going back to these old thread and seeing how simple some of these arguments are. Literally no-one has defended Shaw in any tangible way and given a fair inclination of what he can do.

If his power is redirecting Kinetic energy then the first question to address is can Peter survive the enhanced force of his own attacks or that of enemies stronger than himself (without being knocked out) and as we've seen many, MANY times he can. I could imagine Shaw deliberately leaving himself open to attack just to showcase his superiority in power and it probably wouldn't take Peter long to figure out something was a miss. With Shaw's abilities I'm sure he'd be able to match or even beat down Peter but I don't think Peter is dumb enough to attack Shaw repeatedly without figuring out Shaw's ability and while he does you know he wouldn't attack Shaw up close. From there it's just a case of getting Shaw to waste his stamina attacking Spider-Man before incapacitating him or knocking him out.

I know Shaw is not an idiot but he is EXTREMELY vain those tend to be the type of opponents Peter does best against.

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw wins for the simple reason that he has prior knowledge. Even without prep, Shaw likes to keep himself recharged with kinetic energy so that almost every time, he seems to possess super strength. Peter has no way of putting Shaw down. If he webs him up, Shaw will tear through it like he tore through concrete when Selene trapped him in it. Any blow Peter delivers will simply make him stronger. While Peter might not be KOed in two or three hits, he will most certainly be hurt.

One could argue that Peter will evade most of Shaw's blows being agile and fast, but Shaw outmaneuvered Nightcrawler when he tried to grapple with Shaw and avoid hitting him.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_badman: See, this is what I like a genuine effort to try an establish character strengths. I didn't know Shaw had those feats under his belt. I think Shaw is one of the most awkward characters to analyse for me because I'm not terribly familiar with his character outside of the movies which didn't really make any effort to explain them and one or two comics, which as far as I've experienced he uses his powers rarely unless there's a specific arc I should be looking out for.