• 56 results
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@sixsithsix: Shaw's strength is not a factor against Ock with prep. No he is not faster or more mobile than Ock is, just because he jumps does not mean he can grab him or one his arms. He isn't as mobile and that is a factor. Shaw is not superhumanly durable, only his power is what allows him to take superhumanly strong hits. Cuts and lacerations to any major organs or veins will kill him. Knockout gas will KO him. It's perfectly acceptable he will take the chance and it will pay off with the extent of prep he has. Ock destroys him with prep.

sixsithsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By sixsithsix

@god_spawn said:

@sixsithsix: Shaw's strength is not a factor against Ock with prep. No he is not faster or more mobile than Ock is, just because he jumps does not mean he can grab him or one his arms. He isn't as mobile and that is a factor. Shaw is not superhumanly durable, only his power is what allows him to take superhumanly strong hits. Cuts and lacerations to any major organs or veins will kill him. Knockout gas will KO him. It's perfectly acceptable he will take the chance and it will pay off with the extent of prep he has. Ock destroys him with prep.

I've seen Wolverine hit him with claws and people shoot him, neither of which had an affect. The only times I've seen him seriously hurt (other than being overloaded) were when Shinobi blew him up ( his powers were weakened because of the heart attack Shinobi had previously induced) and when Pierce stabbed him, and I believe his powers were fluctuating then. That says superhuman durability to me. As bullets or blades or shrapnel hits him, it begins cutting him, but his power saps it of all the kinetic energy before it can do any serious damage, like hitting organs. And while he isn't as mobile he is faster due to the increased strength. That's why guys like Rhino and Hulk can run hundreds of miles an hour. Gas only works if Shaw can be contained in it. He should be able to break out of any room unless it has adamantium walls. And again, it isn't like Shaw is retarded. He's also a genius, who specializes in prep. In spite of his mutation being purely physical, he's a behind the scenes string pulling manipulator. Just because Ock has prep, it doesn't guarantee a win. Especially with only 24 hrs. Shaw has more money, greater resources in general, and a superior powerset that he can take better advantage of in that amount of time.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@sixsithsix: There is no proof Shaw has access to people that are on par with Ock in prep. Hulk can run hundreds of miles per hour yet he has shown trouble to tagging street levelers plenty of times in the past. There is a difference in running speed and combat speed, Shaw is hardly any faster and not as agile. Strength is not synonymous with speed. There are plenty of bricks in Marvel that do not have true superspeed and even some that do can't even tag street level opponents. Thing and Colossus are both class 100 but that does not grant them faster in combat than Wolverine or Captain America or Spider-Man? No. Ock is more mobile and can get out of range faster. Shaw is not as smart as Ock is anyways regardless of strategy and tactics. I'm not taking away from his intelligence and again no proof that he will have something built or has access to better resources than Doc. He is not going to say Doc Ock is going to bring gases, shrapnel bombs, bladed weaponry and will have something whipped up in time, as far as in his train of thought Ock will bring Ock bots or a cancer bomb whatever. Where as Ock has a perfect window because he just has to stay out of reach which brings in my. Because Ock has prep does guarantee the win. Shaw is weak against lacerations I don't get what's so hard to get around that? He gets cut in any vital area and he is dead. Plenty of human and street levelers have been stabbed by Wolverine and continued fighting, Shaw tanking a stab or two in a non vital area does not mean he is immune and yes his durability is normal. The only reason he can survive the strong attacks is due to his powers pure and simple, durability has nothing to with it.

Unparalleled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Unparalleled

Shaw would own Ock the first round. The secon round might go to Shaw just as easily if he Ock hasn't figured out Shaw's power. They are bot smart. Prep round only means Shaw jumps off a roof over and over for 24 hours until he is so strong he tears Ock apart. Question???????? How does Ock take shots to the face or body when only his tenticles are super tough no his body? I've seen Spiderman fight with the guy and land blows without ending it. How? Shaw should be able to amp up and then throw a rock at Ock with enough force to do him in.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Unparalleled: Spider-Man is aware that Ock is only human and pulls his punches.

That said I don't see Shaw tagging Ock the second round, because he'll be knocked out by gas. (And in the time it takes for the gas to take effect Ock can simply dodge with due to his agility.)

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I think shaw first round after letting Doc Oc purposely pound him really hard that way he can rip off docs arms and beat him

Round two i think after a bit of a fight Doc because he knows what the powers are and what not to do and be able to defeat shaw