#1 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Word is the entire battle will probably be around 30 min and should be released this week...Place you bets!

#2 Posted by comicace3 (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet goku

#3 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Supes.  

#4 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

wow somebody put a lot of efort in this.can't wait to see who will win.who ever wins this will be great

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

#7 Posted by dondave (37459 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#8 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

Gotta go with Supes.

Superman better win this, at his best he would destroy Goku...

#9 Posted by Cthrek_Goru (8 posts) - - Show Bio

They stalemate and decide the only way to settle this is to see who can eat the most double bacon cheeseburgers.

#10 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this battle will end in Mortal Kombat style FRIENDSHIP. They seem to both be in character here, and Goku helping Superman by destroying the kryptonite sort of gives it away really...Anyway it looks cool, as a fan of both characters I really kinda do hope it ends in friendship >.>

#11 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@Matchstick said:

Gotta go with Supes.

This! Buty how will Supes be able to take on Gokus many levels of Super Saiyan1,2,3,4?

#12 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerAssassin said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Matchstick said:

Gotta go with Supes.

This! Buty how will Supes be able to take on Gokus many levels of Super Saiyan1,2,3,4?

The same way he takes on people like Darkseid, Doomsday etc lol just push himself to what he's really capable of. Superman holds back bigtime most of the time yet is still powerful enough to get the job done. Plus, he can always just fly through the sun. No matter how powerful Goku gets, he can't breath in space last time I checked and can't destroy the yellow sun. :) So I'll go with that lol

#13 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@InnerAssassin said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Matchstick said:

Gotta go with Supes.

The same way he takes on people like Darkseid, Doomsday etc lol just push himself to what he's really capable of. Superman holds back bigtime most of the time yet is still powerful enough to get the job done. Plus, he can always just fly through the sun. No matter how powerful Goku gets, he can't breath in space last time I checked and can't destroy the yellow sun. :) So I'll go with that lol

I sure hope he wins

#14 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24898 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes FTW

#15 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerAssassin said:

@Vaeternus said:

@InnerAssassin said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Matchstick said:

Gotta go with Supes.

I sure hope he wins

Wow there are 4 levels of super saiyan!?!  I clearly need to catch up on Dragonball.
#16 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will smack that money if there going all out.

#17 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Superman is able to sundip in this scenario, so i think he should win, but Screwattack has been making their own calculations for Goku and i really want to see their final results for SSJ4 before i say anything conclusive.

#18 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick: Yea whiile 4 really isn't canon.

#19 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

That was cool.

#21 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soothing_Sounds said:

I believe Superman is able to sundip in this scenario, so i think he should win, but Screwattack has been making their own calculations for Goku and i really want to see their final results for SSJ4 before i say anything conclusive.

Yeah more than the battle itself, I really want to see their findings on Goku in the stat rundown. I've read academic symposiums on Superman's powers on this site but now I want to see the same done for Goku. I think they'll give Superman the win for the same reasons you stated, but I'm callin it now, FRIENDSHIP

#22 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief: If it ends in friendship, then i expect an epic brofist that destroys half the planet. Or else it just wouldn't be good enough.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (24413 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone already posted this like a month ago, still looks neat.

#24 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

So lets break this down. Superman Wins the fight in the first 30 seconds by using pressure points on Goku to completely immobilize him. Goku then cheats and uses telepathy to eat a sensu bean. Goku then proceeds to do something he has never done since he was a child, in that he used his power pole in a fight. Super Saiyan 2 didn't even phase superman, scare him or make him fear for the safety of the surrounding area. Goku then punched superman after being exposed to Kryptonite, after his powers took a nose dive. He still wasn't injured and then flew off presumably into to the sun for a quick dip.

So...why are people still supporting Goku even when a severely weakened Superman withstood SSJ2 Gokus attacks as it it were nothing at all. Goku fanboys....gotta love em. I love DBZ and Superman equally, but seriously. Goku has never faced anyone close to the modern supermans level.

#25 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOL'd at:

Goku: KAIO-KEN!

Superman: Kaio-what?

#26 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. I have no complaints whoever loses. Very well made. (maybe except for the senju beans)

#27 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

I LOL'd at:

Goku: KAIO-KEN!

Superman: Kaio-what?

Me too :)

#28 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Like another poster said Goku has TK? But it has been awhile since I saw/read Dragonball anything.

#29 Edited by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

So lets break this down. Superman Wins the fight in the first 30 seconds by using pressure points on Goku to completely immobilize him. Goku then cheats and uses telepathy to eat a sensu bean. Goku then proceeds to do something he has never done since he was a child, in that he used his power pole in a fight. Super Saiyan 2 didn't even phase superman, scare him or make him fear for the safety of the surrounding area. Goku then punched superman after being exposed to Kryptonite, after his powers took a nose dive. He still wasn't injured and then flew off presumably into to the sun for a quick dip.

So...why are people still supporting Goku even when a severely weakened Superman withstood SSJ2 Gokus attacks as it it were nothing at all. Goku fanboys....gotta love em. I love DBZ and Superman equally, but seriously. Goku has never faced anyone close to the modern supermans level.

They only had Goku use all of that stuff to make it a more entertaining fight...Besides Supes gets a sundip. How the fight plays out has nothing to do with how it would actually go down, they are more concerned with making an entertaining fight, for example in the Spawn vs Kratos/Thor vs Raiden fight it really should have been over in 2 seconds but rather than do that they made it fun to watch, anything wrong with that?

EDIT: They like to have the characters use just about everything they have ever used too, again, don't think about it too much, the fight is purely for entertainment, the only thing that matters in the end is who the winner is

#30 Posted by The Stegman (24413 posts) - - Show Bio
@Immortal777 said:

Like another poster said Goku has TK? But it has been awhile since I saw/read Dragonball anything.

Yeah, that TK making the Sensu Beans float thing was bologna..also, would the beans even work on pressure point injuries?
#31 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: When I saw Goku use TK I was like WTF. Thats a good question but I have no idea if a sensu bean would work. I would ask a DBZ fan but they'd probably say yes without any proof what so ever.

#32 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

@The Stegman: When I saw Goku use TK I was like WTF. Thats a good question but I have no idea if a sensu bean would work. I would ask a DBZ fan but they'd probably say yes without any proof what so ever.

Remember they're taking the anime into account here too, Goku in a scene in the hospital before Namek saga started was seen using it to drink some water I believe. Also other characters like Vegeta, Piccolo, Chiaotzu, etc. have been seen using it (piccolo used it to levitate some pyramids way back in raditz saga)

#33 Edited by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

You do realize that the videos are just done for fun, and don't have much if anything to do with how they think the fight would really play out? Other than the result of course. If they did an Aunt May vs Living Tribunal Death Battle they'd still have it last a few minutes and make the characters go back and forth, that's just what they do.

I would say probably but there's no hard evidence. They've been able to heal any injury I can think of. Future Gohan even indicated that eating a full senzu bean would regrow his arm, so I would surmise that they're capable of regeneration on a cellular level. As I said though, there's no hard evidence, because it's never been tried on pressure point strikes.

#34 Posted by jumpstart55 (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

It could either way for me, personally like them both equally so i dont really have any bets on either against the other . Hopefully its ends up a draw.

#35 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Psyched.

Immensely.

#36 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

@P0rtal said:

They only had Goku use all of that stuff to make it a more entertaining fight...Besides Supes gets a sundip. How the fight plays out has nothing to do with how it would actually go down, they are more concerned with making an entertaining fight, for example in the Spawn vs Kratos/Thor vs Raiden fight it really should have been over in 2 seconds but rather than do that they made it fun to watch, anything wrong with that?

EDIT: They like to have the characters use just about everything they have ever used too, again, don't think about it too much, the fight is purely for entertainment, the only thing that matters in the end is who the winner is

Not so sure about those two fights lasting 2 seconds....namely the thor/raiden since raiden is an immortal elemental god. Depends which versions too, lol example god spawn would blink and kill kratos and same with elder god raiden vs. thor...or gandalf the WHITE vs. vaderbut its all for entertainment like you said so they typically use stadard versions of these characters. But you'll notice these fights tend to be H2H a lot too and some powers...which is more fair and interesting to watch typically speaking.

i've also noticed screwattack tend to be "influenced" by the stronger fanbase with molst of their battles...so by their patterns and by this logic, Superman should win on that alone.

#37 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

ITS UP

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

#38 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@YoungChief: If it ends in friendship, then i expect an epic brofist that destroys half the planet. Or else it just wouldn't be good enough.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS. Watch it first then read my reply

Well it looks like your prediction came true for the most part, mine didn't sadly

#39 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief: Yup... don't worry man, i was really expecting the epic brofist... they kinda had it set-up to with the whole dragonfist thing :'(. I was actually surprised most by their durability finding for Goku. And the ending on why they were both great Superheroes was just dang impressive. Best Death Battle Ever.