Scott Summers vs Ben Grimm in a boxing match

mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikemaximum

Scott Summers and Ben Grimm have lost their respective powers. In order to regain their powers, they have to win a three-round boxing match against each other. Each round is five minutes. Can martial arts-trained Scott KO street-tough Ben or will Ben clobber Scott?

Ben uses a Thing robot exoskeleton
Ben uses a Thing robot exoskeleton
House of M
House of M
Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tohoma

I'll give it to Scott.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Scott throws it because he doesn't want his powers back, now that he can see in colors other than red.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bo88gdan

Ben Grimm wins

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

What kind of skill-feats does Ben have in h2h? I know he is a very experience brawler and I believe he has had formal military, wrestling and some martial arts training in combat, but seemed to fight more like a brawler.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

I heard that most of Scott's combat feats are with his eyes closed. Is this true?

Avatar image for ___________________________

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

I heard that most of Scott's combat feats are with his eyes closed. Is this true?

At least one time he took on 3 thugs blind while keeping track of how many steps he took.

But that's the only one I know of like that.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Floopay

@___________________________ said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

At least one time he took on 3 thugs blind while keeping track of how many steps he took.

But that's the only one I know of like that.

He's got quite a few more, but far from "most". While doing his X training he took some strange beast on with a blindfold and a sword, and did really well against it. Eventually he ripped his blindfold off, but he was dodging, weaving, and striking. Which is impressive when you don't have sight to fall back on.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

What kind of skill-feats does Ben have in h2h? I know he is a very experience brawler and I believe he has had formal military, wrestling and some martial arts training in combat, but seemed to fight more like a brawler.

A lot of his "brawling" IS boxing which he self taught himself. Ben was never the strongest brick but always survived against tougher opponents like his multitude of fights against the Hulk despite being weaker through. You can pinpoint his form is boxing.

Ben being a seasoned boxer from back in his day and I've seen him bob and weave against stronger opponents. He also taught She-Hulk how to box. Scott is a black belt in Judo and Aikido and has often more relied on his kicks, elbows, and throws though he does punch (if you look at his showings you can see this). I don't see Summers taking this if he is restricted to a style outside his norm while Ben fits comfortably into this. Scott probably has him on agility and speed, but Ben's experience in the ring and this type of fight and his power will be enough for me to say Summers loses quite heavily.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@god_spawn said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

A lot of his "brawling" IS boxing which he self taught himself. Ben was never the strongest brick but always survived against tougher opponents like his multitude of fights against the Hulk despite being weaker through. You can pinpoint his form is boxing.

Ben being a seasoned boxer from back in his day and I've seen him bob and weave against stronger opponents. He also taught She-Hulk how to box. Scott is a black belt in Judo and Aikido and has often more relied on his kicks, elbows, and throws though he does punch (if you look at his showings you can see this). I don't see Summers taking this if he is restricted to a style outside his norm while Ben fits comfortably into this. Scott probably has him on agility and speed, but Ben's experience in the ring and this type of fight and his power will be enough for me to say Summers loses quite heavily.

Thanks :-). Then I agree. In a straight up boxing only fight then Scott would lose.

If he could fight using all of his h2h skills then i think it would still be a good fight but I that Scott would win a majority.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hyperlight

@god_spawn: CHURCH!!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

Ben ftw

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DocFatalis

Grimm boxed against Champion (among others) and he would probably give Summers a pummeling of the better quality.