Well, in MK9 Scorpion owned Sub Zero

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@perethorn: I would have assumed we were using the Sub Zero that is currently alive... Younger Sub Zero beat Scorpion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

There's a reason Scorpion is in Injustice and Sub-Zero isn't.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love mortal kombat and my two favorite characters are sub-zero and scorpion but I think scorpion would win in a close fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Sub Zero had a game based solely on him :)

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

only chose sub-zero because scorpion was winning . i love both characters , heck i love all the ninjas in MK also :

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

Sub-Zero all the way!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Ed Boon's favorite MK character is Scorpion :)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Sub-Zero. Although Scorpion is kind of Mortal Kombat's flagship character, everyone knows "Get over here!". I think Sub-Zero could edge more wins in a series of matches though. Although the creators always purposely make their matches a "draw" so this debate will forever go on.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Sub-Zeo better, but fire melts ice..

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

When did he say that? Or are we going to start exchanging lies? lol. Elder Sub-Zero (resurrected) is named after Boon :)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion because he has beaten more better fighters than Sub-Zero has such as Kung Lao and Nightwolf.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion because he has beaten more better fighters than Sub-Zero has such as Kung Lao and Nightwolf.

Means nothing when Sub Zero beat Scorpion! :P

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scorpion wins

flawless victory

fatality

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Grifter_

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

When did he say that? Or are we going to start exchanging lies? lol. Elder Sub-Zero (resurrected) is named after Boon :)

Loading Video...

17 Seconds in Ed says it.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By russellmania77

Sub-zero

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Scorpion killed elder Sub-Zero.

Younger Sub-Zero would probably win though.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#26  Edited By Teerack

Lore wise Sub Zero keeps winning, and I personally think he would win to.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Scorpion killed him in mk, then his brother avenged him. I say scorpion

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Scorpion. He's just all around a cooler character.

I don't see how logically he'd win. That, and in every trailer for the most part of MK, even in his intro in Injustice, he's shown whooping on Sub-Zero.

Scorpion ftw.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Sub-Zero more than Scorpion....

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Scorpion.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sub Zero.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sub-Zero

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends which sub zero.

Scorpion vs elder sub zero aka bi han aka noob saibot would win.

Scorpion vs the second sub zero aka kuai liang aka tundra would lose and did lose to him.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nick_hero22

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Sub-Zero was essentially bloodlusted due to his brother's death at Scorpion's hand. Scorpion would have definitely been confused about the Elder Sub-Zero's younger brother confronting him and therefore been at a disadvantage in my opinion, and he it seems as though he had the upperhand in the fight based off the cutscene after the fight; but he never flat out defeated him because we still see that Scorpion is still conscious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

When did that happen? I thought it was only like once when Elder Sub-Zero first killed Scorpion, which was technically before he even became Scorpion. I mean...Scorpion did own the younger Sub-Zero in MK9.

@codysf said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

Because Ed Boon like Scorpion more but Sub Zero keep kicking his ass when it comes to story

Maybe he doesn't want to seem bias? :P

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Sub-Zero was essentially bloodlusted due to his brother's death at Scorpion's hand. Scorpion would have definitely been confused about the Elder Sub-Zero's younger brother confronting him and therefore been at a disadvantage in my opinion, and he it seems as though he had the upperhand in the fight based off the cutscene after the fight; but he never flat out defeated him because we still see that Scorpion is still conscious.

That comment was so biased lol. Scorpion was also bloodlusted when he fought Elder Zero (because he dishonoured his family and clan), ported him to the Outworld (where I will point out Scorpion gets stronger) and defeated him. Also Elder Zero was still conscious before Scorpion was manipulated into killing him. Same goes for Younger Sub Zero, he was interrupted before he was about to finish him.

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

When did that happen? I thought it was only like once when Elder Sub-Zero first killed Scorpion, which was technically before he even became Scorpion. I mean...Scorpion did own the younger Sub-Zero in MK9.

When you play Sub Zero's chapter, Sub Zero defeats Scorpion and was interrupted by cyborgs before he could finish him. When did Scorpion beat Younger Sub Zero? Maaaan I need to play the game again.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deaditegonzo

Johnny Cage

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nick_hero22

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

That comment was so biased lol. Scorpion was also bloodlusted when he fought Elder Zero (because he dishonoured his family and clan), ported him to the Outworld (where I will point out Scorpion gets stronger) and defeated him. Also Elder Zero was still conscious before Scorpion was manipulated into killing him. Same goes for Younger Sub Zero, he was interrupted before he was about to finish him.

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22 said:

When you play Sub Zero's chapter, Sub Zero defeats Scorpion and was interrupted by cyborgs before he could finish him. When did Scorpion beat Younger Sub Zero? Maaaan I need to play the game again.

Scorpion had already had the upperhand before being bloodlusted by Quan Chi's illusion; Raiden clearly stated that if he spared the Elder Sub-Zero he would try to resurrect Scorpion's family and clan and Scorpion agreed to this deal. The reason Scorpion killed him is because he was manipulated by Quan Chi with a illusion, but that still doesn't change the fact that Scorpion had the Elder Sub-Zero on the ropes before that incident when he had no plans on killing him. What evidence is there that Scorpion's powers increases in the Netherrealm? Please don't try to critique my response when you don't know the difference between Outworld and the Netherrealm.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Quan Chi just exploited Scorpion's already lust for killing Sub Zero via illusions. It was noticeable that Scorpion was angered when he BFRed Sub Zero. Scorpion defeated him in the Netherrealm where his power seemingly increases, MKwiki is the only evidence I have in that area but MK pros like @vaeternus should vouch for me. What evidence do you have that Scorpion had him on the ropes before that incident? Both had an equal chance of killing each other and we can't say that Scorpion took that fight in a stomp.

Younger Sub Zero defeated Scorpion fair and square before being interrupted. I can't recall Scorpion ever beating Younger Sub Zero in MK9.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nick_hero22

@monsterstomp said:

@nick_hero22: Quan Chi just exploited Scorpion's already lust for killing Sub Zero via illusions. It was noticeable that Scorpion was angered when he BFRed Sub Zero. Scorpion defeated him in the Netherrealm where his power seemingly increases, MKwiki is the only evidence I have in that area but MK pros like @vaeternus should vouch for me. What evidence do you have that Scorpion had him on the ropes before that incident? Both had an equal chance of killing each other and we can't say that Scorpion took that fight in a stomp.

Younger Sub Zero defeated Scorpion fair and square before being interrupted. I can't recall Scorpion ever beating Younger Sub Zero in MK9.

1) Scorpion made it pretty obvious that he had no plans on killing when he initial told Quan Chi he wouldn't when he was questioned about.

2) Him being angry doesn't mean that he was bloodlusted. The Elder Sub-Zero was angry with Scorpion due to past encounters which prompt him to insult Scorpion's clan, but we can clearly see that he wasn't bloodlusted.

3) The Mortal Kombat Wiki is horrible inaccurate i.e. Dragon Medallion = Omnipotence and other information, and is full of conjecture when describing characters abilities. MKF30 aka Vaeternus is a known liar, I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

4) You clearly see that the Elder Sub-Zero is on the ground bloodied up from his fight Scorpion before Quan Chi tricks him into finishing him.

5) The fight between the Younger Sub-Zero and Scorpion was off-panel and inconclusive, even though it looked like the Younger Sub-Zero had the upperhand it is hard to determine exactly what happen since it was off-panel.

Loading Video...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion burns all and would beat Noob and Sub-Zero if they dare step into the netherrealm

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion burns all and would beat Noob and Sub-Zero if they dare step into the netherrealm

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

subby is the best. always has been always will be. scorpion is everywhere because ed boon like to fanwank to him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

1. Scorpion was going to kill Sub Zero one way or another. Raiden foresaw this and tried to resolve the issue. Quan Chi just exploited his lust for killing Sub Zero, thus the future ran its original course.

2. Now I'm curious as to why you think Younger Sub Zero was bloodlusted.

3. You clearly see Scorpion on the ground beat, with Younger Sub Zero preparing to wreck him before interrupted. I don't know why it was off panel. Scorpion killing Elder Sub was off panel, Quan Chi could have lobbed his head off and passed it to Scorpion...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

1. Scorpion was going to kill Sub Zero one way or another. Raiden foresaw this and tried to resolve the issue. Quan Chi just exploited his lust for killing Sub Zero, thus the future ran its original course.

2. Now I'm curious as to why you think Younger Sub Zero was bloodlusted.

3. You clearly see Scorpion on the ground beat, with Younger Sub Zero preparing to wreck him before interrupted. I don't know why it was off panel. Scorpion killing Elder Sub was off panel, Quan Chi could have lobbed his head off and passed it to Scorpion...

1) Again, please stop trying to misconstrue what happen. Scorpion flat-out told Quan Chi he wouldn't kill the Elder Sub-Zero when he was commanded to do so, so I'm clearly at a lost to understand how that interprets to killing the Elder Sub-Zero one way or another when that would of been pointless if Raiden upheld his part of the bargin.

2) When did I say that the Younger Sub-Zero was bloodlusted?

3) Scorpion was laying on the ground conscious while half sitting up virtually unscathed, I don't understand how that constitutes to being defeated especially when the fight was interrupted. And like I said before, the fight was off-panel so it's pretty hard to determine who actually had the upperhand. Why would Quan Chi intervene in Scorpion and the Elder Sub-Zero's fight? The reason he wanted Scorpion to kill the Elder Sub-Zero is so that he could later resurrect him as the wraith Noob Saibot and indoctrinate him into the Brotherhood of Shadows.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vaeternus

@monsterstomp: lol youre right, pay no mind to the troll...the guy obviously as usual know nothing about mk..

there also is no panels, for one is not a panel...its a cinematic sequence, duhh...second anyone who played the storymode clearly knows that the younger sub zero did indeed beat scorpion. Period, would have killed him too if not for the lin kuei interrupting him and nailing him from behind after the fight.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cybrilious4

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

1) Netherrealms made Injustice not DC

2) Lazy excuse not to make MK10 five years from now.

3) ULTIMATE FAN-BOY SERVICE!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4: actually mk10 is already in the works, due out in a few years. ;-) as for scorp, hes boon favorite mk character much like how the new superman/Batman writers clearly prefers supes over bats.