christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By christianrapper

@reikai said:

@christianrapper: You're in the wrong room with that.

u are right. there is another one with black panther. scorpion beats him pretty easily.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nick_hero22

@reikai said:

If we look at the MK comics, Liu Kang at 15yrs old shattered a giant ruby in the Shaolin Temple. In the tournament almost a decade later, Liu Kang does defeat Scorpion, though not without effort. And this was after Scorpion had already avenged himself against Bi-Han (the elder Sub-Zero), so he didn't exactly have much of a reason to beat Liu Kang.

If we look at everything, Scorpion has defeated other demons like Moloch and Drahmin, who had to gang up on him. Either one of which is capable of wiping out an entire town in a brutal massacre. Scorpion has also defeated cyborg Lin Kuei assassins and defeated Quan-Chi for his betrayal.

If we look at his fatalities and abilities, Scorpion's hellfire can cremate a human body in seconds. Making it more than several thousand degrees easy. In one his Hellfire Breath was so intense it causes the opponent to literally explode like a human bomb. Scorpion is physically capable of ripping off limbs and head w/spine with his bare hands or tearing them off with his kunai.

When it comes to knowledge of Martial Arts, Batman is just given it to him because DC can't be bothered to come up with an actual explanation for it. However, Scorpion is physically well above the Bat, and being already dead means Bruce's normal strategies are outright useless. Batman generally goes for incapacitation. Something that won't work against a creature as strong and as durable as Scorpion. Nvm someone who can evade just about everything by teleporting.

Bats' suit is fire-resistant, but unsure how effective it is against esoteric flames. And let's not forget the explosive force behind Scorpion's fireblasts. There's also the fact that Scorpion can erupt fire from the ground beneath his opponent at will, meaning that there's nowhere to hide from it.

As noted, Scorpion can just literally drag Bats to Hell, as he has done to both Bi-Han and Quan-Chi. Once there, Bats has no way of leaving without some kind of dimensional portal. And as this would be New-52 Bats, that's incredibly unlikely for him to have. His prep is almost entirely useless here because he has no basic knowledge of who or what Scorpion is.

There is a figure named Scorpion in DC comics appearing around Crisis on Infinite Earths. Generally an unknown figure and head of a criminal organization, which is erased by the Crisis. So, even if by some miracle that Bats digs up something on this mysterious figure known as the 'Scorpion', it would be completely unrelated to our Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

All his prep would be leading towards taking down a human criminal underworld leader, and not a vengeance-driven, undead ninja assassin from Hell. Bat's prep becomes inconsequential in trying to determine the identity and strategy against a figure who doesn't exist within the confines of the DCU. Even if you included those scraps from Injustice, there's virtually nothing to gleam from them except his basic appearance, and even that's not canon.

Ultimately Batman is just outclassed and outmatched. Even going for HTH, claiming Bats is more skilled is just arbitrary as his opponent is too strong for Bats to really affect, and Scorpion is still an incredible fighter on his own. The only way Bats can win with prep is if he's willing to nuke the whole place before Scorpion can teleport him to Hell.

1) The Mortal Kombat comics aren't really canon anymore, and we have never seen Liu Kang display that kinda of striking power in the actual cut-scenes of the game since characters with human durability have been able to tank punches, in addition to that when he punched a hole in Shao Khan's chest he had to enhanced his striking power by engulfing his hand into a flaming ball. So, that should make that showing questionable. In the first Tournament, Liu Kang effortless beat Scorpion and Quan Chi at the same time without so much as a scratch if my memory is correct. If his purpose was to only fight and defeat the Elder Sub-Zero why even participate in the Tournament? Why not just assassinate him if he only wanted revenge?

2) Scorpion in canon was wrecked by both Moloch and Drahmin who beat him silly every time he approached Quan Chi in the Netherrealm. "Either one of which is capable of wiping out an entire town in a brutal massacre." You don't have a single feat to actually validate this since the only showing that Moloch and Drahmin have in canon is defeating Scorpion after Quan Chi made a deal with them. When did Scorpion defeat cyborg Lin Kuei assassins because I don't remember that being apart of his story-line? I also don't know why I should be impressed by Scorpion beating fodder Lin Kuei cyborgs when Sonya Blade, Stryker, and Jax were able to demolish them as well, and none of them have an extensive martial arts background. The only reason why Scorpion defeated Quan Chi was because the Netherrealm drained him of his magic while it increased his powers and abilities, so Quan Chi was essentially helpless which is why he enlisted the help of Moloch and Drahmin.

3) Fatalities are pretty much non-canon to the game since they mostly take place only in gameplay mode, and the most characters never use them in the story. Again, Scorpion has never shown any of those abilities in the story outside of being able to breathe fire; but that is negated due to the Bat-Suit's flame resistance.

4) What actual evidence in canon due to have of Scorpion being physically superior and a better fighter? How would be undead stop Batman from KO'ing him like every single Mortal Kombat fighter is capable of doing? Scorpion's teleportation is very slow and predictable, in addition to him only using it for traveling purposes and not direct combat. I think you need to visit the local Batman respect thread because you don't know very much about Batman and his capabilities which is quite evident from your comments.

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/new-52-batman-respect-thread-redone-690891/

What feats do Scorpion actually have that triumphs Bruce's current (New52) showings?

5) Stop trying to use gameplay abilities as a substitution for actual canon abilities that are displayed in the story.

6) You mean that out of all Scorpion's fights in the series history, he has only BFR'ed two people to the Netherrealm; so what exactly is the likelihood that Scorpion would teleport Batman especially when you take into consideration there was a reason for him to teleport the Elder Sub-Zero and Quan Chi there in the first place. The reason why he teleported Sub-Zero there was because he wanted to explain to him that after he was murder by him he was reborn in the Netherrealm because Sub-Zero didn't even know who he was at the time. In Quan Chi's case, Quan Chi was teleporting Scorpion back to the Netherrealm after he had told him he was the one who massacred his family, and before Scorpion vanished from being teleported he grabbed Quan Chi. The chances of Batman being BFR are very small since that isn't a common strategy for Scorpion.

7) Batman doesn't need prep to easily beat Scorpion like Liu Kang who is physically weaker and a sub-par fighter.

myrongains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By myrongains

Scorpion will teleport batman to hell

Scorpion cannot lose in hell

Scorpion cant die from physical attacks

Scorpion gets stronger the longer he fights in hell

That being said, batman has prep so he wins this

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

1. The events during the Tournaments have changed. The character Histories haven't had any real changes. Also you forget the mini-games. Think it was DA or Deception with the block-breaking minigame between matches. Starts with wood and works all the way up to a chunk of diamond. Which fits with both the martial arts theme and the strength alluded to in the comics.

Saying Liu had to enhance his punch to beat Shao Kahn is silly. Kahn was already beaten, Liu Kang was just angry. And nevermind that Shao Kahn is highly durable and we see him tanking Raiden's lightning with little effort.

2. M&D didn't "beat scorpion silly". They in fact never beat him in the Nether Realm. The most they could do was ward him off so that Quan-Chi could keep running away. That's the most they ever achieved. 1v1 Scorpion destroyed them rather easily. Also you're forgetting their character histories and biographies. It's in their bios what they've done. Moloch especially. They also have a spotty record, being driven off by Cyber-Cyrax's bombs.

3. Fatalities display the characters abilities in a finishing move. They are all perfectly within that characters capabilities. Even in the LA series, Scorpion was ripping heads off. And in the MKX trailer, he rips the new Sub-Zero's head straight off with his chained kunai. That's a show of strength. He tore it with such force that the head came clean off.

Loading Video...

We've seen Kuei Liang (Sub-Zero#2) freeze people solid outside of combat. We've seen Raiden fly and smash Motaro through a highway overpass. So trying to claim that guys like Scorpion and co aren't strong or can't do these things is just absurd.

4. Scorpions physical stats are clearly shown as superior. When has Batman ever torn peoples bodies apart with sheer brute strength? Never. And I never said Scorpion was the better martial artist. I said he's not so weak that Bats can just overcome him. Hanzou Hassashi is an incredibly skilled fighter and shinobi. His mastery in the use of the kunai was inhuman. As Death Battle has stated it resembles an ancient assassination weapon that was extremely difficult to master, yet Scorpion used his with such ease and finesse that it was astounding.

Loading Video...

5. It's all available. Scorpion has displayed all of this in cut-scenes, comics and other media. None of your complaints to the contrary have any meaning here.

6. What makes you think he won't? Scorpion is not restricted from doing so and several of his attacks involved literally pounding his opponent through Nether Realm portals. One of his fatalities is literally scorching his enemy through one portal and hanging the smoking corpse from another overhead portal by a chain. It's not out of character for him to do this and nothing stops him from BFR'ing Bats into a magma pool.

7. What makes you think Bruce can do the same as Liu Kang? As I said, their backgrounds are unchanged. Liu Kang's history and feats prior to him entering the MK Tournament are still valid, and Bruce doesn't measure up to that. Bats' physical stats don't match up. Scorpion can quite literally tear him apart.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

First one is my fave Fatality for Scorpion. It just feels really inventive compared to some of the other ones.

If Scorpion is as good as he is implied to be (which I fully believe he is, especially based off his Boss fight in the nether realm during shoalin monks) then I don't see Batman winning, but I must admit based purely off of Cutscene feats he doesn't have enough to back him against a prepped Batman.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By onilordasmodeus

With Prep Batman should win.

...though @reikai, you make a great argument! I was thinking the same thing sort of, the question of "how could Bats prep for something like Scorpion," but then I just assumed he had intel, and that was how.

If Bats has no real intel other than "some guy named Scorpion" is coming after him, then I might agree with you.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By nick_hero22

@reikai said:

@nick_hero22:

1. The events during the Tournaments have changed. The character Histories haven't had any real changes. Also you forget the mini-games. Think it was DA or Deception with the block-breaking minigame between matches. Starts with wood and works all the way up to a chunk of diamond. Which fits with both the martial arts theme and the strength alluded to in the comics.

Saying Liu had to enhance his punch to beat Shao Kahn is silly. Kahn was already beaten, Liu Kang was just angry. And nevermind that Shao Kahn is highly durable and we see him tanking Raiden's lightning with little effort.

2. M&D didn't "beat scorpion silly". They in fact never beat him in the Nether Realm. The most they could do was ward him off so that Quan-Chi could keep running away. That's the most they ever achieved. 1v1 Scorpion destroyed them rather easily. Also you're forgetting their character histories and biographies. It's in their bios what they've done. Moloch especially. They also have a spotty record, being driven off by Cyber-Cyrax's bombs.

3. Fatalities display the characters abilities in a finishing move. They are all perfectly within that characters capabilities. Even in the LA series, Scorpion was ripping heads off. And in the MKX trailer, he rips the new Sub-Zero's head straight off with his chained kunai. That's a show of strength. He tore it with such force that the head came clean off.

Loading Video...

We've seen Kuei Liang (Sub-Zero#2) freeze people solid outside of combat. We've seen Raiden fly and smash Motaro through a highway overpass. So trying to claim that guys like Scorpion and co aren't strong or can't do these things is just absurd.

4. Scorpions physical stats are clearly shown as superior. When has Batman ever torn peoples bodies apart with sheer brute strength? Never. And I never said Scorpion was the better martial artist. I said he's not so weak that Bats can just overcome him. Hanzou Hassashi is an incredibly skilled fighter and shinobi. His mastery in the use of the kunai was inhuman. As Death Battle has stated it resembles an ancient assassination weapon that was extremely difficult to master, yet Scorpion used his with such ease and finesse that it was astounding.

Loading Video...

5. It's all available. Scorpion has displayed all of this in cut-scenes, comics and other media. None of your complaints to the contrary have any meaning here.

6. What makes you think he won't? Scorpion is not restricted from doing so and several of his attacks involved literally pounding his opponent through Nether Realm portals. One of his fatalities is literally scorching his enemy through one portal and hanging the smoking corpse from another overhead portal by a chain. It's not out of character for him to do this and nothing stops him from BFR'ing Bats into a magma pool.

7. What makes you think Bruce can do the same as Liu Kang? As I said, their backgrounds are unchanged. Liu Kang's history and feats prior to him entering the MK Tournament are still valid, and Bruce doesn't measure up to that. Bats' physical stats don't match up. Scorpion can quite literally tear him apart.

There is a couple of points I want to correct you on since you are misrepresenting what happened in the lore.

1) The comics have never been alluded to in the current game, so they don't have any relevancy here. Hell, Kano was slapping around Liu Kang effortlessly in the comics, but I don't see you bringing up things like that. I shouldn't have to point out why a mini-game from Arcade-mode wouldn't be an accurate indication of what a character could do in canon. You really think that Mortal Kombat characters can punch through diamond when characters with human durability have been able to tank punches just fine. Do I need to bring up how some fodder Tarkatans were able to tank Jax's punches without damage and wreck him afterwards? Can you even provide evidence from the actual lore to back this statement up? If he was angry why didn't he just punch through him instead of waiting and charging his fist in a flaming ball to punch a hole in Shao Khan?

Raiden was weakened from traveling from the Netherrealm in addition to the merger between Outworld and Earthrealm, and I think Shao Khan was amped from souls as well. We are also comparing two types of damage, so just because lighting might be ineffective doesn't mean that brute force or penetrative damage wouldn't be effective.

2) Taken from Drahmin's Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance Bio http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Drahmin

"The Oni Tormentor Drahmin had resided in the 5th plane of the Netherrealm for centuries. It was therefore no surprise to Moloch that Drahmin would so readily accept Quan Chi's offer of freedom from that realm in return for protection from the ninja spectre Scorpion. Drahmin and Moloch savagely brutalized Scorpion whenever he made a move for Quan Chi. It would not be long before they would be released upon the world of the living and taste mortal flesh once more. Drahmin had led Quan Chi to a structure that housed the remnants of ancient tablets and runestones dating back to the creation of the realms. Quan Chi's eye was caught by a tablet with an image that bore a striking resemblance to his amulet. The engraved writing revealed the amulet's hidden power to control inter-realm portals. Breaking his promise, Quan Chi betrayed Moloch and Drahmin and used the amulet to escape the Netherrealm without them. Unknown to Quan Chi, however, the two Oni also escaped and are now thirsty for revenge."

Scorpion has never in canon defeated Moloch or Drahmin if they can be easily driven off by Cyrax's bombs what should that say about Scorpion since he was getting fodderize by the both of them?

3) Let me ask this question again, when has Scorpion ever performed a single one of his fatalities in the actual lore outside of his fire breathe which took place off-screen? I'm not talking about non-canon trailers that are purely promotional material (no actual story elements have been shown yet in the trailers) and gameplay mechanics.

4) Death Battle is irrelevant here, since Comic Vine has different rules for how we evaluate a characters showing and what is permissible evidence to use. I also like how you didn't even attempt to mention the link I sent you to the resident Batman respect thread which would have highlighted some of his showings, so you could gain a better understanding of the capabilities of the character.

So, I will take the liberty of posting some of Batman's average/low showings. What have Scorpion and Liu Kang done similarly?

5) Can you please show me where these superior physical and skill showings happen in the canon?

6) Its not in character for him to do so since the only character he has actually BFR'ed in his entire history is the Elder Sub-Zero. Again, stop bring up abilities that only have been shown in gameplay. I think you need to go read the Battle Forum rules since they talk about what abilities should be up for consideration.

7) You couldn't show a single feat for that support the claim that Liu Kang is even remotely on par with Batman.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep stomps.

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol prep or not, this is spite. Scorpion curbstomp.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

There is a couple of points I want to correct you on since you are misrepresenting what happened in the lore.

1) The comics have never been alluded to in the current game, so they don't have any relevancy here. Hell, Kano was slapping around Liu Kang effortlessly in the comics, but I don't see you bringing up things like that. I shouldn't have to point out why a mini-game from Arcade-mode wouldn't be an accurate indication of what a character could do in canon. You really think that Mortal Kombat characters can punch through diamond when characters with human durability have been able to tank punches just fine. Do I need to bring up how some fodder Tarkatans were able to tank Jax's punches without damage and wreck him afterwards? Can you even provide evidence from the actual lore to back this statement up? If he was angry why didn't he just punch through him instead of waiting and charging his fist in a flaming ball to punch a hole in Shao Khan?

Raiden was weakened from traveling from the Netherrealm in addition to the merger between Outworld and Earthrealm, and I think Shao Khan was amped from souls as well. We are also comparing two types of damage, so just because lighting might be ineffective doesn't mean that brute force or penetrative damage wouldn't be effective.

2) Taken from Drahmin's Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance Bio http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Drahmin

"The Oni Tormentor Drahmin had resided in the 5th plane of the Netherrealm for centuries. It was therefore no surprise to Moloch that Drahmin would so readily accept Quan Chi's offer of freedom from that realm in return for protection from the ninja spectre Scorpion. Drahmin and Moloch savagely brutalized Scorpion whenever he made a move for Quan Chi. It would not be long before they would be released upon the world of the living and taste mortal flesh once more. Drahmin had led Quan Chi to a structure that housed the remnants of ancient tablets and runestones dating back to the creation of the realms. Quan Chi's eye was caught by a tablet with an image that bore a striking resemblance to his amulet

Scorpion has never in canon defeated Moloch or Drahmin if they can be easily driven off by Cyrax's bombs what should that say about Scorpion since he was getting fodderize by the both of them?

3) Let me ask this question again, when has Scorpion ever performed a single one of his fatalities in the actual lore outside of his fire breathe which took place off-screen? I'm not talking about non-canon trailers that are purely promotional material (no actual story elements have been shown yet in the trailers) and gameplay mechanics.

4) Death Battle is irrelevant here, since Comic Vine has different rules for how we evaluate a characters showing and what is permissible evidence to use. I also like how you didn't even attempt to mention the link I sent you to the resident Batman respect thread which would have highlighted some of his showings, so you could gain a better understanding of the capabilities of the character.

So, I will take the liberty of posting some of Batman's average/low showings. What have Scorpion and Liu Kang done similarly?

5) Can you please show me where these superior physical and skill showings happen in the canon?

6) Its not in character for him to do so since the only character he has actually BFR'ed in his entire history is the Elder Sub-Zero. Again, stop bring up abilities that only have been shown in gameplay. I think you need to go read the Battle Forum rules since they talk about what abilities should be up for consideration.

7) You couldn't show a single feat for that support the claim that Liu Kang is even remotely on par with Batman.

scorpion did defeat the 2 ohni. the last time they fought, they beat him by throwing him into a portal to heaven which tore his soul apart. however, the elder gods made scorpion their champion in armegeddon. so throwning him into the portal essentially made him stronger in the long run.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As for my knowledge, comic book martial artists are no where near game martial artists. The gap is clear.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Easy

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

"The Oni Tormentor Drahmin had resided in the 5th plane of the Netherrealm for centuries. It was therefore no surprise to Moloch that Drahmin would so readily accept Quan Chi's offer of freedom from that realm in return for protection from the ninja spectre Scorpion. Drahmin and Moloch savagely brutalized Scorpion whenever he made a move for Quan Chi. It would not be long before they would be released upon the world of the living and taste mortal flesh once more. Drahmin had led Quan Chi to a structure that housed the remnants of ancient tablets and runestones dating back to the creation of the realms. Quan Chi's eye was caught by a tablet with an image that bore a striking resemblance to his amulet

scorpion did defeat the 2 ohni. the last time they fought, they beat him by throwing him into a portal to heaven which tore his soul apart. however, the elder gods made scorpion their champion in armegeddon. so throwning him into the portal essentially made him stronger in the long run.

That is false, every time that Scorpion fought them he was beaten or chased off and this is confirmed by the lore.

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't believe people are actually debating for Batman here.

I know Batman fans are y'know. "BATMAN WINS CAUSE PREPTIME", and I'm not even bothering in that debate that's already taking place over it. I will gladly debate it with anyone else, but really?

This isn't a spite stomp. Of course, when someone gives Bruce prep time, every Batfan goes crazy. Why is beyond me, because you're taking a guy from a whole other universe, and putting him against a guy from a more realistic universe [As realistic as Gotham/DC is.]

Let's get some of this out of the way. 1. Batman's fire repellent suit? Can someone tell me the levels of heat this can repel? Because Scorpion literally breathes hell fire. The fires of hell. That's, beyond any realistic level of hot and should and could probably go right through any suit. That is canon, and he can do it on the norm.

2. Scorpion's strength allows him, as shown, to shoot a spike forward into someone's head, and rip their head clean off. Sure, I don't believe Batman would be hit with it so easily, but let's look at the feats as well.

There would be no reason for Scorpion to hold back. He's ALWAYS bloodlusted. In an occasion like this, Batman has his morality still, evidently. Scorpion has none. Prep time or not, if we're staying true to the character? He's going to try and find a way to contain the opponent, most likely.

So, considering how quick Scorpion's teleportation is, how he can teleport his opponents into what is essentially hell, his gear, what he has withstood already, no morality and a 24/7 bloodlust state, Batman is in for the fight of his life. Or, what could be the last fight of his life.

To me, while Batman could put up a bit of a fight and lay some good hits on Scorpion, it's nothing Scorpion couldn't handle. All things considered? Easily handing this to Scorpion.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By nick_hero22

As for my knowledge, comic book martial artists are no where near game martial artists. The gap is clear.

If that was the case how come a single feat for Scorpion has been posted that triumphs the low to average feats that were posted for Batman? This is why I have an extremely disliking for MK fans now because in every thread these bold claims are made that go on for several pages without any evidence outside of trying to use gameplay mechanics and non-canon material.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion wins with easy

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion AKA BFR King wins.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: read my post well, i said game martial artists, i was referring to all game martial artist, because of other threads like this(jin vs batman, akuma vs batman, ryu vs batman and some others similar to this even if it ain't bats).

I am a street fighter fan BTW.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: scorpion beat them at least once. he beat them in the netherrealm. when he faced them again he was surprised to see them there. it's in scorpion's ending. he was surprised to them when he faced them again in earthrealm. the only reason they won that time is because they threw him into a portal to heaven.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By hirev_starman

@mee09 said:

Scorpion Wins! Fatality!

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to ScrewAttack... Scorpion > Ryu

According to plot Ryu > Akuma

Thus Scorpion > Ryu > Akuma

According to bat fans.

Batman without prep > Scorpion > Ryu > Akuma

Avatar image for mohamed1997supzero
mohamed1997Supzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

no one can kill scorpion because he allready dead and how batman win

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Scorpion.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: scorpion beat them at least once. he beat them in the netherrealm. when he faced them again he was surprised to see them there. it's in scorpion's ending. he was surprised to them when he faced them again in earthrealm. the only reason they won that time is because they threw him into a portal to heaven.

This is factually incorrecct, and I have took the time actually post evidence that flat-out says, "Drahmin and Moloch savagely brutalized Scorpion whenever he made a move for Quan Chi."

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Still Batman. There's not much for Scorpion except cut scenes which demonstrate nothing and people making bold statements about him that have nothing factual from MK to back it up.

I just recently replayed the story mode of MK9 and there is no canon fight scene except the one between Nightwolf and Noob Saibot. Judging by their performance, none of the MK fighters are really all that fast or skilled.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman gets sent to the nether.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

batman

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Scorpion would stomp in a random encounter but with prep Batman can win.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I normally side with Batman when any prep is involved, but the Scorpion pictured in the OP is EG empowered Scorpion, and I don't know what Batman could do or prep to stop him.

I say Scorpion takes this.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Enormity

Batman would need to contact Fate and Zatanna to counter the satanic sh**, also check with Hawkgirl if she has some Nth metal weaponry available for him.

Don't use deathbattles yo, they are the same people that claim Rouge would beat Wonder Woman

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion stomps

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman should have this.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By Jestersmiles

Scorpion via BFR , easy mode.

@enormity: if Rogue steals her powers, Rogue wins.....

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jestersmiles

@granitesoldier: On paper MK characters are Monster that should handle Bruce with out difficulty. If it wasn't for the lack of feats this would be stomp/Mis match.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Enormity
Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enormity: does not matter, when WW punches Rogue in the face it pretty much game over or rogue grabs her. The only way WW wins is via lasso BFR , but by the time she resort to that it be to late.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: she has a sword which would negate the touch but lets not talk that here and derail the thread

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J_Jonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman better get his bat fire extinguisher

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hyperbeing

@christianrapper said:
@nick_hero22 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

That is false, every time that Scorpion fought them he was beaten or chased off and this is confirmed by the lore.

taken off from konquest mode

In order to break free from Drahmin and Moloch, Scorpion executed a Hapkido combo that pushed the two Oni away from him. He then chased after Quan Chi to prevent him from escaping the Netherealm.

also i can in game feats that quan chi is well beyond typical physical strength.

Loading Video...

we see here quan-chi ripping a guys head off.with no effort what so ever. this is a clear indication of superhuman strength. a slight edit i must add is i got the timing a bit wrong the time is after 26 18.

Loading Video...

we see that scorpion is holding B han's head. which can be implied he ripped it off. and going by who beats who while it can be a feat must not be looked into to deeply.

examples:

smoke beats kitana only for her to beat both smoke and johnny cage. though johnny was probably not fighting fully.

sonya losing to johnny cage but beating jade and kitana (who while losing to lui kang had held her own against him in cut scenes along with sheeva.)

kung lao losing to liu kang and scorpion but beating noob saibot, shang tsung and quan chi at once, and defeating kintaro.

now agreeably Mk characters lack tremendous feats but they all have shown instances with being greater then a average person or even a peek human. if you go to the cage chapter you see reptile and baraka jumping huge distances with little running start. and in jax chapter he knocked out 3 tarkatans and only lost due to letting his guard down and getting arrogant. he would later beat baraka who has single-handedly taken out rebellions and is often believed to be the strongest of the tarkatans. we also see him take out three monsters when saving sonya along with raiden and johnny cage. while showing impressive speed and reflexes. we also see him pick up sonya with little effort and hold her like she was as light as air. and these are before his metal arms.

and those are not all the feats their are more its just i am tired and sick and decided to write on this if you wish i can see if i can find more feats i just hope this will do for now if anyone else can add on this that would be great.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Aee

@nick_hero22: Scorpion has performed a fatality in canon. He performed his all-famous Toasty fatality on the original Sub Zero (Bi Han).

Liu Kang will absolutely demolish Batman, in a random encounter, that is. Liu Kang is the chosen one in the Mortal Kombat universe. He has beat Shao Kahn, one time in Mortal Kombat and another in an all out, no rules fight. I'm not sure if you've seen Shao Kahn at his full potential but the dude can soul drain like nothing, has thousands of years of fighting/combat experience and is recognized as a ruthless planetary conqueror. Liu Kang also has Goro, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi (with Scorpion) beat all of which are very impressive showings. Goro too has hundreds of years of fighting experience and was the winner of Mortal Kombat many times consecutively, up until Liu Kang defeated him. Not soon after Goro's defeat, Liu Kang fought and beat Shang Tsung with no time to rest or anything. Even before both these fights he beat sorceror Quan Chi and Scorpion (which can arguably give Batman hell, quite literally) AT THE SAME TIME. Liu Kang is severely underrated and if you want to pull out the whole "he's susceptible to sneak attacks as demonstrated in Deadly Alliance" then you don't know a thing about the character. It was a low showing for the sake of plot and Ed Boon had to kill him off because he'd been taking the spotlight for too long. Besides he was effortlessly smacking Shang Tsung around prior to his death. Also, according to lore, he defeated Shinnok in Mortal Kombat 4. SHINNOK! A fallen Elder God who is said to be amongst the most powerful Kombatants, barely behind Onaga! Now, with all that being said, Liu Kang will annihilate Batman. In a random encounter though, I am aware of Batman's brilliance so given prep time he'd probably beat Liu Kang.

To finish this all off I'd also like to mention that, as said previously, the Scorpion pictured is Elder God enhanced. I'm certain he could get the win on Batman here.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By hyperbeing

@aee said:

@nick_hero22: Scorpion has performed a fatality in canon. He performed his all-famous Toasty fatality on the original Sub Zero (Bi Han).

Liu Kang will absolutely demolish Batman, in a random encounter, that is. Liu Kang is the chosen one in the Mortal Kombat universe. He has beat Shao Kahn, one time in Mortal Kombat and another in an all out, no rules fight. I'm not sure if you've seen Shao Kahn at his full potential but the dude can soul drain like nothing, has thousands of years of fighting/combat experience and is recognized as a ruthless planetary conqueror. Liu Kang also has Goro, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi (with Scorpion) beat all of which are very impressive showings. Goro too has hundreds of years of fighting experience and was the winner of Mortal Kombat many times consecutively, up until Liu Kang defeated him. Not soon after Goro's defeat, Liu Kang fought and beat Shang Tsung with no time to rest or anything. Even before both these fights he beat sorceror Quan Chi and Scorpion (which can arguably give Batman hell, quite literally) AT THE SAME TIME. Liu Kang is severely underrated and if you want to pull out the whole "he's susceptible to sneak attacks as demonstrated in Deadly Alliance" then you don't know a thing about the character. It was a low showing for the sake of plot and Ed Boon had to kill him off because he'd been taking the spotlight for too long. Besides he was effortlessly smacking Shang Tsung around prior to his death. Also, according to lore, he defeated Shinnok in Mortal Kombat 4. SHINNOK! A fallen Elder God who is said to be amongst the most powerful Kombatants, barely behind Onaga! Now, with all that being said, Liu Kang will annihilate Batman. In a random encounter though, I am aware of Batman's brilliance so given prep time he'd probably beat Liu Kang.

To finish this all off I'd also like to mention that, as said previously, the Scorpion pictured is Elder God enhanced. I'm certain he could get the win on Batman here.

i am agreeing with you for the most part but his defeat of shao khan was due to shao kahn underestimating him. The whole scorpion and quan chi thing i chop off mostly due to scorpion not even fully trying due to his goal being reached. and it was heavily implied that it was raiden who fought shinnok. as shown by this pic

No Caption Provided

and even then it was a weakened shinnok who lacked hims amulet. in deadly alliance before shang tsung and quan chi had opened the portal to heaven it can be argued that shang tsung had been much weaker then he was in mk due to the fact he was malnorished and had gotten into a fight with shao kahn's clone.

and goro was often choped of to underestimating liu kang however depsite this it is comfirmed that liu kang is one of the greatest fighters in the series and had great potentiol in him for a long time as shown in his mk9 bio.

Liu Kang

Orphaned at a very young age, Liu Kang was raised by Shaolin monks, who taught him the way of the spiritual warrior. They soon recognized his potential as a contender for the Mortal Kombat tournament and rigorously trained him for this task. Raiden, too, understood that Liu Kang was Earthrealm's best hope for freedom and introduced him to Master Bo' Rai Cho to further his development. Once fully trained, Liu Kang bested all challengers and earned the high honor of representing the Shaolin in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He and Raiden then embarked on their fateful journey to Shang Tsung's island to compete in this pivotal kontest.

sources:

pic came from http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/File:Raiden_shinnok.PNG

and bio came from http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?section=mk9&lang=eng&contentID=4843

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE PIS god WINS