Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

A random encounter would probably be closer. With the prep I give it to Batman 10/10

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prep or no prep, Batman wins.

Avatar image for the_flash_is_too_fast
The_Flash_Is_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_flash_is_too_fast: He has more on panel/canon feats. Is a better H2H combatant, has more useful gear, is faster, stronger, stealthier. He pretty much outclasses Scorpion in every way.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pastepotpete1

What's up with Batman's blade on his left arm did he just kill the predator ?

Flash is too fast: how is he goingto kill scorpion if scorpion isnt alive scorpions out of his leagues even when scorpion or whatever his name Was alive but bat man takes it due to prep the living one but the living dead one would take more than 24 hours of prep to win

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nick_hero22

Batman would win pretty handily without prep since fighters like Liu Kang have been able to easily beat him with prep this is a mismatch.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

Feats for Scorpion?

The_Flash_Is_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: @super_buck: Some of Scorpion's abilities are using and controlling hell fire, teleporting, and he is skilled in h2h combat.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion would take him to the Nethherrealm and he wont lose there

The_Flash_Is_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I've only played the newest Mortal Kombat . Can Scorpion teleport other people? Is it true Scorpion can't die? Also what is the Nethherrealm in Mortal Kombat?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_flash_is_too_fast: Its basically their version of Hell. If he dies he will just come back because hes a spectre and still lusts for Vengeance. Yes he creates portals at will in the story he teleported Sub-Zero there and killed him.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion burns off Bruce's face with hellfire

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Feats for Scorpion?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned the hard way. Scorpion has no feats. No one in the MK universe is really that good. Outside gods..even then it's a stretch.

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mlunny1121

@nick_hero22: true that... Scorpion is like the best (but cheapest) character to play as...but he would teleport batman to hell and torch him

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win pretty handily without prep since fighters like Liu Kang have been able to easily beat him with prep this is a mismatch.

those guys have powers, too. i don't see bats beating scorpion. scorpion is a killer.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22: true that... Scorpion is like the best (but cheapest) character to play as...but he would teleport batman to hell and torch him

How many times have Scorpion teleported someone to the Netherrealm.....one time only and it still didn't give him any noticeable advantage either. When has Scorpion's fire manipulation give him a win over anyone credible? The Bat-Suit is also resistant against fire and heat as well.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I've only played the newest Mortal Kombat . Can Scorpion teleport other people? Is it true Scorpion can't die? Also what is the Nethherrealm in Mortal Kombat?

.the character can. it's one of his fatalities. however, you can't do it as a regular move in any of the games.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

those guys have powers, too. i don't see bats beating scorpion. scorpion is a killer.

And? Many characters in Batman's rogue gallery have powers and are serial killers.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarthAznable

@christianrapper said:

@nick_hero22 said:

And? Many characters in Batman's rogue gallery have powers and are serial killers.

Isn't Bat's suit/cape fire resistant?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Bruce should be plenty fast enough to rush him and end the fight quickly. If Scorpion brings it to the Netherealm Bats isn't winning though.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By comicace3

Prep Bruce

Random encounter: Scorpion

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@christianrapper said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Isn't Bat's suit/cape fire resistant?

Yep

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

due to batman having prep, i'd give him the edge, in a normal no prep time i'd say scorpion.

Master_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure can batman survive the fire because his clothes are fire resistant. Because hellfire not just burns the skin but the soul as well. However Batman can still avoid them. With prep, I'd say Batman wins 6/10.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Sub-Zero > Batman > Scorpion in a random.

Batman with prep wins here.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has Sub-Zero done that would make him a stronger opponent than Batman other than the regular poor responses like he has powers or that he kills?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

What has Sub-Zero done that would make him a stronger opponent than Batman other than the regular poor responses like he has powers or that he kills?

I'm rustling jimmies. As far as MK goes, Sub-Zero has canonly beaten Scorpion, so I was also rustling jimmies of Scorpion fans.

But while we're on the subject just because someone is from a less popular universe, or a less "powered" universe (i.e. no Superman level beings) does not make them a lower end fighter. On the flip just because Bruce has "beaten super-powered beings" doesn't immediately make him a better fighter. Snake Eyes is a perfect example. Now Mortal Kombat suffers from a lack of canon, so judging an MK fighter's skill is difficult, and yes it's hard to simply "assume" they are as good as Batman. Hence why my statement is a joke, but I won't hold it against you that you took it seriously. Inflection is lost over text.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@granitesoldier said:

I'm rustling jimmies. As far as MK goes, Sub-Zero has canonly beaten Scorpion, so I was also rustling jimmies of Scorpion fans.

But while we're on the subject just because someone is from a less popular universe, or a less "powered" universe (i.e. no Superman level beings) does not make them a lower end fighter. On the flip just because Bruce has "beaten super-powered beings" doesn't immediately make him a better fighter. Snake Eyes is a perfect example. Now Mortal Kombat suffers from a lack of canon, so judging an MK fighter's skill is difficult, and yes it's hard to simply "assume" they are as good as Batman. Hence why my statement is a joke, but I won't hold it against you that you took it seriously. Inflection is lost over text.

Who jimmies are you rustling?

1) We determine who the better fighter is based off of feats, so if a character lacks feats or has inferior showings than by virtue they are not as skilled.

2) Why assume that Sub-Zero is as good as Batman when you have just stated that most of the characters from the MK Universe lack feats.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Who jimmies are you rustling?

1) We determine who the better fighter is based off of feats, so if a character lacks feats or has inferior showings than by virtue they are not as skilled.

2) Why assume that Sub-Zero is as good as Batman when you have just stated that most of the characters from the MK Universe lack feats.

I think you missed what I said completely. The "Sub-Zero > Batman > Scorpion" clearly rustled your jimmies, because I already said it was a joke. I also, clearly, stated that we can't assume the MK fighters are as capable as some other fighters because they have a lacking of reliable canon. What we do have is scarce at best that comes out from Netherrealm Studios about what "happens during each game" but doesn't go into detail. So, to reiterate, we don't have anything reliable to state that any MK fighter is as skilled as Bruce. I did say that just because a universe may not be "as powered" as DC's, doesn't necessarily mean that Batman is hands down a better fighter because he "beats superhumans". They were two separate statements.

So:

1. I'm going off feats, and Batman has better feats because MK has little canon to go by. Again, the ">" chart was sarcasm...
  2. See 1.
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By patrat18

Batman.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MKverse could definitely use some canon ongoing comics.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MKverse could definitely use some canon ongoing comics.

but it won't be like dc or marvel. scorpion's powers actually make him pretty powerful. he can manipulate fire, teleport, teleport to hell, and is very durable. he is undead so should be hard to kill. however, scorpion is going against guys in his own universe so it's hard to judge him against people like batman. i think scorpion would destroy batman. scorpion is an undead ninja who goes up against gods like raiden and holds his own. he is at least as skilled if not more skilled than batman. i don't see how bats can prep for him in 24 hours.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pffft, batman.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's almost impossible for bats to prep for scorpion in 24 hours. scorpion is a ninja so he is used to working in the shadows. you also have to assume that there in no mortal kombat game in this shared universe so what's bats gonna do? it's not like he can just go to the arcade and play as scorpion and know all of his moves. scoprion fights gods and other people with powers. he single handedly defeated two demons in the neatherrelm. bat's won't be able to scout all of scorpion's powers in 24 hours. bats will get murdered. the first thing scorpion will do is teleport him to hell. he doesn't have to do anything after that. he can just leave him there.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's prep is far too overrated, actually he is too. Scorpion burns him to ashes.

Master_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot Scorpion was a bad ass h2h fighter as well. So now I'm confused.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Scorpion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion wins, if you want to debate about it wassup

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion. Bat's has no way to beat him much less kill him.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion rips batmans head off.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Transformers1024

Batman

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we look at the MK comics, Liu Kang at 15yrs old shattered a giant ruby in the Shaolin Temple. In the tournament almost a decade later, Liu Kang does defeat Scorpion, though not without effort. And this was after Scorpion had already avenged himself against Bi-Han (the elder Sub-Zero), so he didn't exactly have much of a reason to beat Liu Kang.

If we look at everything, Scorpion has defeated other demons like Moloch and Drahmin, who had to gang up on him. Either one of which is capable of wiping out an entire town in a brutal massacre. Scorpion has also defeated cyborg Lin Kuei assassins and defeated Quan-Chi for his betrayal.

If we look at his fatalities and abilities, Scorpion's hellfire can cremate a human body in seconds. Making it more than several thousand degrees easy. In one his Hellfire Breath was so intense it causes the opponent to literally explode like a human bomb. Scorpion is physically capable of ripping off limbs and head w/spine with his bare hands or tearing them off with his kunai.

When it comes to knowledge of Martial Arts, Batman is just given it to him because DC can't be bothered to come up with an actual explanation for it. However, Scorpion is physically well above the Bat, and being already dead means Bruce's normal strategies are outright useless. Batman generally goes for incapacitation. Something that won't work against a creature as strong and as durable as Scorpion. Nvm someone who can evade just about everything by teleporting.

Bats' suit is fire-resistant, but unsure how effective it is against esoteric flames. And let's not forget the explosive force behind Scorpion's fireblasts. There's also the fact that Scorpion can erupt fire from the ground beneath his opponent at will, meaning that there's nowhere to hide from it.

As noted, Scorpion can just literally drag Bats to Hell, as he has done to both Bi-Han and Quan-Chi. Once there, Bats has no way of leaving without some kind of dimensional portal. And as this would be New-52 Bats, that's incredibly unlikely for him to have. His prep is almost entirely useless here because he has no basic knowledge of who or what Scorpion is.

There is a figure named Scorpion in DC comics appearing around Crisis on Infinite Earths. Generally an unknown figure and head of a criminal organization, which is erased by the Crisis. So, even if by some miracle that Bats digs up something on this mysterious figure known as the 'Scorpion', it would be completely unrelated to our Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

All his prep would be leading towards taking down a human criminal underworld leader, and not a vengeance-driven, undead ninja assassin from Hell. Bat's prep becomes inconsequential in trying to determine the identity and strategy against a figure who doesn't exist within the confines of the DCU. Even if you included those scraps from Injustice, there's virtually nothing to gleam from them except his basic appearance, and even that's not canon.

Ultimately Batman is just outclassed and outmatched. Even going for HTH, claiming Bats is more skilled is just arbitrary as his opponent is too strong for Bats to really affect, and Scorpion is still an incredible fighter on his own. The only way Bats can win with prep is if he's willing to nuke the whole place before Scorpion can teleport him to Hell.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion Wins! Fatality!

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers