Scorpion runs the gauntlet

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beam3000
No Caption Provided

Scorpion faces each fight fresh. All feats apply for Scorpion.

Opponents don't have any knowledge on the ninja specter.

He is blood lusted from being convinced that each opponent he faces is responsible for the death of his family and clan.

How far does he go or what fights does he win?

fight takes place in Svartalfhei.

1. The Predator.

2. Bane (batman)

3. Riddick.

4. Gray fox (Metal gear)

5. Tyrant (resident evil 1)

6. The Dragon born (Ebony Armour, Dragon bone sword) Shouts: Unrelenting force, fire breath, and frost breath)

7. Saesee Tin.

8. Spider man.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do any of the opponents have knowledge of scorpion or does he just appear and fight them?

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: sorry should have added that totally random encounter.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fersure he beats predator

If scorpion has any long ranged attacks he can beat bane( his spear won't work.), otherwise he gets stopped by bane

don't know much about riddick

and if conventional weapons can stop scorpion gray fox stops him, otherwise scorpion passes.

tyrant from the first resident evil was unintelligent so scorpion beats him,

I don't see the dragonborn stopping him, though what skills does he have.

Don;t know saesee tin.

and scorpion stops at spiderman easily.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Predator. Scorpion wins.

2. Bane (Batman). Scorpion wins.

3. Riddick. Scorpion wins.

4. Gray fox (Metal Gear). Not sure.

5. Tyrant (Resident Evil 1). Scorpion wins.

6. The Dragonborn. Dunno.

7. Saesee Tin. Dunno.

8. Spider Man. Scorpion loses.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: Scorpion can spawn hellfire and burn victims from a distance. He is a master at teleporting and appearing in a flash punching his enemy in the face. he also can remove his mask which reveals his skull and breath fire.

No Caption Provided

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beam3000: WTF why is the dragonborn who is a comfortable mountain buster ranked lower then spider-man?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nerdchore

Ok so I see scorpion getting up to spiderman unless dragon born has some epic skills like magic and crafting. cause the crafting he can make it so his armor receives no damage from fire and significantly less damage from physical attacks. also with all his shouts and magic at 100 he can slow time ice body ice summons, blizzards, call storm, call dragons.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't see him getting past the dragon born depending on the dovahkin power set

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: True But I feel the Dovahkiin isn't as good as a fighter as Scorpion. Primary because if you play on the set Adept difficulty a simple group of leveled bandits proves to be a challenge for the Dovahkiin to kill (depending on what gear you have) Anyway I feel if Scorpion was in a similar scenario he wouldn't have any difficulty wrecking them.

@cjdavis103 I feel that Spider man's speed and reflexes are too much for the Dovahkiin, however I can maybe see the DB possible beating Saesee Tin idk.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beam3000: Time stop, soul steail ,shield that makes him completely invulnerable, knife that auto kills everything , can kill people just by talking tanks planet killers

Spidy is fodder to him

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Beam3000
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beam3000: merus dagons gameplay it is a 15% auto kill in lore it is a one hit kill100% of the time ( on mortals)

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Beam3000

@cjdavis103: the Dovahkiin is kind of hard to determine for this fight without a specific power set, because with the proper gear your wright he could stomp. So lets make a power set for him I'll edit it.

I forgot to add. Scorpion is immortal and doesn't have a soul for the Dova to soul tear.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion stops at number 1

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beam3000: Lore states that he has all those skill and feats and you would need to take out shouting all together

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't see him getting past the dragon born depending on the dovahkin power set

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

fersure he beats predator

If scorpion has any long ranged attacks he can beat bane( his spear won't work.), otherwise he gets stopped by bane

don't know much about riddick

and if conventional weapons can stop scorpion gray fox stops him, otherwise scorpion passes.

tyrant from the first resident evil was unintelligent so scorpion beats him,

I don't see the dragonborn stopping him, though what skills does he have.

Don;t know saesee tin.

and scorpion stops at spiderman easily.

Are you aware that Predator are bullet-timers and have shown to be fast enough to keep up with sports cars and move in blurs to humans when running full speed along with having the strength to rip the armor plating off of a tank, punch a vehicle carrying several individuals off-road, and destroying a helicopter with pure brute force. And, also Spider-Man would one-shot Scorpion, heck non-metahumans like Liu Kang have flat out humiliated both Quan Chi and Scorpion at the same time.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22

@beam3000 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Scorpion stops at number 1

How so?

"Are you aware that Predator are bullet-timers and have shown to be fast enough to keep up with sports cars and move in blurs to humans when running full speed along with having the strength to rip the armor plating off of a tank, punch a vehicle carrying several individuals off-road, and destroying a helicopter with pure brute force."

Predators are also very skilled combatants as well and they carry around weapons that are far superior to conventional weaponry.

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rainx20

@beam3000:

1.Scorpion stomp

2. Scorpion

3. Scorpion stomps

4. Scorpion barely

5. Scorpion

6. Scorpion

7. Not sure Saesee might be able to sense his attacks and win.

8. Don't know, maybe Scorpion from hell fire.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I wasn't aware but thanks for the info. I still don't see predator winning if its a random encounter. Also i said that spiderman would beat scorpion.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I wasn't aware but thanks for the info. I still don't see predator winning if its a random encounter. Also i said that spiderman would beat scorpion.

How? Because if anything a random encounter would be detrimental to Scorpion's odds because he has no clue about the cloaking capabilities of the Predator, so he wouldn't be able to tag him let alone see him.

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who says spidey beats DB is wrong, DB is a casual mountain buster. He stomps

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: predator wont be hunting for scorpion and vice versa which means he potentially might be cloaked. op doesn't state it so we cant say. scorpion has face villains with similar abilities so he can find away around it.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

@nerdchore said:

@nick_hero22: predator wont be hunting for scorpion and vice versa which means he potentially might be cloaked. op doesn't state it so we cant say. scorpion has face villains with similar abilities so he can find away around it.

Predator spend most of their time cloaked when traveling irregardless of hunting, and who has Scorpion that was cloaked? Even if we grant that the Predator isn't cloaked; what exactly is Scorpion going to do in order to compensate for the speed, strength, and durability advantages the Predator possesses. Scorpion isn't a much better fighter than your typical Predator, so I don't see that being much of a factor here when your average Unblooded Hunter is capable of facing dozens of Xenomorphs simultaneously, effortlessly killing futuristic heavily armed soldiers emptied handed with a missing limb, fighting and defeating an army of over 1000 samurai warrior during the Feudal Era while in a small pack, killing the best martial arts students of an almost 300 year of old warrior who is continuous reincarnated to do battle with the Predators who plagued Feudal Japan and giving him a run for his money in combat, and etc.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@beam3000: Scorpion beats them all in a stomp due to BFR.

If BFR is off the table though, Grey Fox, Spiderman, and maybe the Dragonborn are the fights that I see as his biggest obstacles.

• Predator.

Depending on which kind of Pred we are talking about here, this fight could go either way. If this is a middle of the rode Pred though, I'd say Scorpion has the advantage due to higher durability, and better speed and versatility. The Pred would have more advantage at range with all its weaponry and such, but Scorpion's teleportation makes it impossible to keep him at range. In CQC I see Scorpion have a slight advantage as even though a Pred beats him in raw strength and can probably match him in skill, Scorpion's greater speed and great striking power would allow him to do great damage, not to mention the fact that he is able to set himself on fire and do damage that way. Scorpion can also take more punishment up close than a Pred can due to his undead nature. I can see this potentially ending with both of them stabbed, but Scorpion being the only walking away.

Another thing that this match makes me think about is the fact that the Preds primarily see through heat vision, so potentially Scorpion would just be a hot blur to him due to his firey nature. That being the case, Scorpion, if he figures out how the Pred sees, can potentially teleport around the battle field and create false heat signatures all around that could potentially throw off an unaware Pred allowing for him to get the drop and win rather easily.

• Bane.

If Scorpion keeps his distance he can dictate this fight. If Bane gets close he can do major damage, but then there is the fact that Scorpion can have his back broken and still get up like "what?" I think this is a good fight, but I'll go with Scorpion due to speed, and the versatility of his powers and weapons.

• Riddick.

Scorpion is faster, more durable, more than likely more skilled, and more versatile with his standard gear; I think Scorpion hands down wins this. The only advantage Riddick has is darkness, but Scorpion is a trained ninja (fights in the dark), and can light up the dark if need be just by setting himself on fire (I think that would mess with Riddick's vision similar to how it could mess up the Pred).

• Grey Fox.

GF beats Scorpion in strength, can match him in speed (except for teleportation), more than likely matches him in skill, and might beat him in terms of weaponry. GF's HF blade is like a Lightsaber so he may be able to cut through Scorpion's Mugai Ryu, but that is just speculation. Scorpion's swords are said to have been created in the Netherrealm, so the are somewhat magically inclined, as well as the fact that his swords go up against weapons of the caliber of the Lin Kuei Cyborg's Pulse Blades, a different play on Lightsabers but from the MK universe.

All things considered, I think this one could go either way, with GF having the slight advantage; 6/4 GF.

• Tyrant (RE1).

RE1 Tyrants are extremely durable, but I think are canonically fairly slow (iirc), and pretty single minded. I think Scorpion more than makes up his potential strength short comings with his speed, versatility, and overall training and experience. A handful of STARS agents were able to take one down, I think one Hellspawn, fire-spewing ninja could do it too.

• Dragonborn.

I think you need to be more specific with his stats if you want to include him. Light armor? Heavy armor? 2-handed? 1-handed? What level shouts? Stuff like that. Depending on the specifications, this could be a stomp in his favor, a stomp for Scorpion, or be a really good fight that goes the distance.

• Saesee Tiin.

IDK. I don't know much of anything about Saesee Tiin other than he's a Jedi Master, but as a JM I would imagine he has incredible skill with a Lightsaber, and knowledge of the force, so he'd probably be able to match Scorpion in combat and also in his more abstract abilities. From what I've seen of ST in the Clone Wars series, I can't say I can make a sound decision. Undecided.

• Spiderman.

He out classes Scorpion in strength, beats him in raw reaction time, and beats him in raw speed (though Scorpion's teleportation is still a great benefit to him). IMO Scorpion beats him in skill, has more combat experience than SM, has a greater degree of durability, and probably beats him in combat versatility (short/mid/long ranges) too.

All in all though, I think SM would win this more times than not, probably 7/3 or something, but if this fight were move to the Netherrealm which Scorpion can do) I think it is more 5/5, or maybe even in Scorpion's favor.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sachmoo

@nerdchore said:

Predator spend most of their time cloaked when traveling irregardless of hunting, and who has Scorpion that was cloaked? Even if we grant that the Predator isn't cloaked; what exactly is Scorpion going to do in order to compensate for the speed, strength, and durability advantages the Predator possesses. Scorpion isn't a much better fighter than your typical Predator, so I don't see that being much of a factor here when your average Unblooded Hunter is capable of facing dozens of Xenomorphs simultaneously, effortlessly killing futuristic heavily armed soldiers emptied handed with a missing limb, fighting and defeating an army of over 1000 samurai warrior during the Feudal Era while in a small pack, killing the best martial arts students of an almost 300 year of old warrior who is continuous reincarnated to do battle with the Predators who plagued Feudal Japan and giving him a run for his money in combat, and etc.

Where are you getting your predator info from?

Anyways, I hope everyone realizes scorpion cannot be killed indefinitely right?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon born should be ranked higher.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shot

Dragonborn has the most fire power here and should be ranked above spider man. Fus Roh Dah = Mountain Destroyer and would destroy Scorpion. (depending on what version)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nick_hero22

@sachmoo said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nerdchore said:

Comics and novels which expand on the movies. Killing Scorpion permanently isn't needed for victory because simply incapacitating him or knocking him out would meet that condition as well. Characters like Liu Kang, who are less physically imposing in comparison to the Predator, were able to beat Scorpion with a moderate level of difficulty.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@beam3000: Scorpion beats them all in a stomp due to BFR.

If BFR is off the table though, Grey Fox, Spiderman, and maybe the Dragonborn are the fights that I see as his biggest obstacles.

• Predator.

Depending on which kind of Pred we are talking about here, this fight could go either way. If this is a middle of the rode Pred though, I'd say Scorpion has the advantage due to higher durability, and better speed and versatility. The Pred would have more advantage at range with all its weaponry and such, but Scorpion's teleportation makes it impossible to keep him at range. In CQC I see Scorpion have a slight advantage as even though a Pred beats him in raw strength and can probably match him in skill, Scorpion's greater speed and great striking power would allow him to do great damage, not to mention the fact that he is able to set himself on fire and do damage that way. Scorpion can also take more punishment up close than a Pred can due to his undead nature. I can see this potentially ending with both of them stabbed, but Scorpion being the only walking away.

Another thing that this match makes me think about is the fact that the Preds primarily see through heat vision, so potentially Scorpion would just be a hot blur to him due to his firey nature. That being the case, Scorpion, if he figures out how the Pred sees, can potentially teleport around the battle field and create false heat signatures all around that could potentially throw off an unaware Pred allowing for him to get the drop and win rather easily.

• Bane.

If Scorpion keeps his distance he can dictate this fight. If Bane gets close he can do major damage, but then there is the fact that Scorpion can have his back broken and still get up like "what?" I think this is a good fight, but I'll go with Scorpion due to speed, and the versatility of his powers and weapons.

• Riddick.

Scorpion is faster, more durable, more than likely more skilled, and more versatile with his standard gear; I think Scorpion hands down wins this. The only advantage Riddick has is darkness, but Scorpion is a trained ninja (fights in the dark), and can light up the dark if need be just by setting himself on fire (I think that would mess with Riddick's vision similar to how it could mess up the Pred).

• Grey Fox.

GF beats Scorpion in strength, can match him in speed (except for teleportation), more than likely matches him in skill, and might beat him in terms of weaponry. GF's HF blade is like a Lightsaber so he may be able to cut through Scorpion's Mugai Ryu, but that is just speculation. Scorpion's swords are said to have been created in the Netherrealm, so the are somewhat magically inclined, as well as the fact that his swords go up against weapons of the caliber of the Lin Kuei Cyborg's Pulse Blades, a different play on Lightsabers but from the MK universe.

All things considered, I think this one could go either way, with GF having the slight advantage; 6/4 GF.

• Tyrant (RE1).

RE1 Tyrants are extremely durable, but I think are canonically fairly slow (iirc), and pretty single minded. I think Scorpion more than makes up his potential strength short comings with his speed, versatility, and overall training and experience. A handful of STARS agents were able to take one down, I think one Hellspawn, fire-spewing ninja could do it too.

• Dragonborn.

I think you need to be more specific with his stats if you want to include him. Light armor? Heavy armor? 2-handed? 1-handed? What level shouts? Stuff like that. Depending on the specifications, this could be a stomp in his favor, a stomp for Scorpion, or be a really good fight that goes the distance.

• Saesee Tiin.

IDK. I don't know much of anything about Saesee Tiin other than he's a Jedi Master, but as a JM I would imagine he has incredible skill with a Lightsaber, and knowledge of the force, so he'd probably be able to match Scorpion in combat and also in his more abstract abilities. From what I've seen of ST in the Clone Wars series, I can't say I can make a sound decision. Undecided.

• Spiderman.

He out classes Scorpion in strength, beats him in raw reaction time, and beats him in raw speed (though Scorpion's teleportation is still a great benefit to him). IMO Scorpion beats him in skill, has more combat experience than SM, has a greater degree of durability, and probably beats him in combat versatility (short/mid/long ranges) too.

All in all though, I think SM would win this more times than not, probably 7/3 or something, but if this fight were move to the Netherrealm which Scorpion can do) I think it is more 5/5, or maybe even in Scorpion's favor.

Most of what I put in bold is either wrong or a unsupported assumption, so I will dissect your argument for you. You are also wrong about a lot of those other match-ups, but I'm not really an expert on those characters, so I wouldn't be able to offer a through critique.

1) "Depending on which kind of Pred we are talking about here, this fight could go either way. If this is a middle of the rode Pred though, I'd say Scorpion has the advantage due to higher durability, and better speed and versatility."

The rank of the Predator being used here is irrelevant as was point out earlier in my previous post because it is highly debatable whether Scorpion has an advantage in skill when comparing his showings to your average Unblooded Hunter, which I think the latter is true since your average Unblooded Hunter has much better on-panel evidence that is capable of being presented i.e. "Scorpion isn't a much better fighter than your typical Predator, so I don't see that being much of a factor here when your average Unblooded Hunter is capable of facing dozens of Xenomorphs simultaneously, effortlessly killing futuristic heavily armed soldiers emptied handed with a missing limb, fighting and defeating an army of over 1000 samurai warrior during the Feudal Era while in a small pack, killing the best martial arts students of an almost 300 year of old warrior who is continuous reincarnated to do battle with the Predators who plagued Feudal Japan and giving him a run for his money in combat, and etc.". Scorpion fighting a Blooded Hunter with centuries of experience would be even more one-sided because of the disparity in skill level due to status and longevity, so I don't think I need to expand on that point; or at least I hope not to. The Predator far outclasses Scorpion when it comes to comparing durability showings. Scorpion has been harmed and defeated by human martial artists with pure force, while the Predator is able to fight Synthetics and remain unfazed by most of their blows (those Synthetics were strong enough to effortless rip through a steel gate and crush Facehuggers with their hands). Not to mention that Predator have been shown to be resilience to the point of being able to tank explosives such as RPG's and Civil War canon ball blast and remain virtually unharmed, in addition to being able to tank munitions such as pistol, assault rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns, and etc. You mention Scorpion's speed which is another area he is hopelessly outclassed in with the Predator being able to run so fast that it became a blur to some nearby Russian soldiers, being able to run fast enough to catch a sports car on foot, being able to chase down a subway train on foot, being able to dodge bullets from several gunmen, being able to side-step bullets at point-blank range, and etc. The Predator is much more versatile in this fight because not only does it hold the advantage physically, but it could be argued that it's more skilled and it's personal arsenal consists of close quarters and range weapons that are vastly superior to whatever Scorpion brings to the table.

2) "The Pred would have more advantage at range with all its weaponry and such, but Scorpion's teleportation makes it impossible to keep him at range. In CQC I see Scorpion have a slight advantage as even though a Pred beats him in raw strength and can probably match him in skill, Scorpion's greater speed and great striking power would allow him to do great damage, not to mention the fact that he is able to set himself on fire and do damage that way."

When has Scorpion ever used his teleportation in combat outside of trying to flee or cover a massive amount of distance? That same teleportation you are referring to would have been helpful in his fight with Liu Kang when he was getting thrashed even with the assistance of Quan Chi fighting by his side. The Predator's Plasma Caster has been shown to be able to fire much more faster than conventional assault rifles and has shown to put out a enough damage to one-shot a decent sized spacecraft. Also the blast's from the Predator's Plasma Caster are highly volatile, so even if the Predator misses with the initial shot Scorpion would still sustain damage from being in a close radius from where the blast landed. How does Scorpion have an advantage in CQC when you admitted that the Predator is stronger and possibly matches Scorpion in skill? I already refuted your claim of Scorpion being faster. How does Scorpion have greater striking strength when the Predator is capable of destroying a freaking helicopter by punching and kicking it, casually backhanding a Xenomorph with it's back turned sending it flying several feet into the stone wall of a Temple making it collapse, punching a vehicle carrying several people on-board off-road, and etc.? Why would Scorpion instinctively know to set himself on fire when he isn't capable of deducing the location of his opponents due to cloaking let alone if there are any hostiles near by. The time it takes Scorpion to realize that someone is targetting him is the moment he loses this fight because the Predator would have already closed the gap and attacked him. And, Scorpion has never shown or used that ability outside of gameplay mechanics anyways, so it's not like that ability would be a determining factor here.

3) "Scorpion can also take more punishment up close than a Pred can due to his undead nature. I can see this potentially ending with both of them stabbed, but Scorpion being the only walking away."

The whole first sentence is false, Scorpion has never shown to be able to tank anymore damage than your typical human character is capable of. And, I have already taken the liberty of listing durability feats that Scorpion has never been able to remotely replicate. A stab wound from Scorpion's kunai would hardly slow the Predator when in the novel South China Sea, a Predator was shot through the chest with a Sniper Rifle with explosive tipped ammunition which ripped through several organs and it still managed to survive. While in comparison Scorpion was getting battered by Sub-Zero and Liu Kang like a Mormon housewife. A slash from the Predator's Wrist Blades would most likely cut Scorpion in half since the blades were shown to be able to tear a large chunk of the hull of a tank with 2 inches of steel plating.

4) "Another thing that this match makes me think about is the fact that the Preds primarily see through heat vision, so potentially Scorpion would just be a hot blur to him due to his firey nature. That being the case, Scorpion, if he figures out how the Pred sees, can potentially teleport around the battle field and create false heat signatures all around that could potentially throw off an unaware Pred allowing for him to get the drop and win rather easily."

The Predator's Helmet can see in a plethora of different spectrums as well having sound amplifiers and sonar, so this whole scenario and tactic is a no go from the start.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

Of all your points, #4 is the only one I can agree with. Like all your arguments regarding MK, you are trying to exclude things about the characters in order to make your point(s). If you have questions regarding what is legal or illegal in this fight, I suggest you ask the OP directly. In fact, I'll do it for you.

@beam3000: Nick wants to know if gameplay moves, like Scorpion's teleport, can be used in this thread? Nick believes that since Scorpion is a videogame character, that since the majority of his comic book showings are non-canon to the current storyline, that because MK9 was a retelling the MK story from MK1 to MK3, that Scorpion has no feats except those from within MK9 cut-scenes, and cut-scenes from MK Mythologies. Is gameplay completely banned in this thread?

Also, I'd like to know specifically if we can use feats and powers for Scorpion beyond just MK9, like from all the comics, MK Shaolin Monks, and/or games from the OG timeline like from MK1 up to MKA.

Please let us all know what your intent was with this thread.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22:

Of all your points, #4 is the only one I can agree with. Like all your arguments regarding MK, you are trying to exclude things about the characters in order to make your point(s). If you have questions regarding what is legal or illegal in this fight, I suggest you ask the OP directly. In fact, I'll do it for you.

@beam3000: Nick wants to know if gameplay moves, like Scorpion's teleport, can be used in this thread? Nick believes that since Scorpion is a videogame character, that since the majority of his comic book showings are non-canon to the current storyline, that because MK9 was a retelling the MK story from MK1 to MK3, that Scorpion has no feats except those from within MK9 cut-scenes, and cut-scenes from MK Mythologies. Is gameplay completely banned in this thread?

Also, I'd like to know specifically if we can use feats and powers for Scorpion beyond just MK9, like from all the comics, MK Shaolin Monks, and/or games from the OG timeline like from MK1 up to MKA.

Please let us all know what your intent was with this thread.

Where did I say that Scorpion couldn't use teleportation? What I was referring to is Scorpion setting himself on fire which hasn't been shown outside of gameplay mechanics and isn't a consistent tactic either. Even if we grant the use of gameplay mechanics that still doesn't address why Scorpion doesn't use this ability consistently which begs the questions whether he would use them or not in this battle.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sachmoo

@sachmoo said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nerdchore said:

Comics and novels which expand on the movies. Killing Scorpion permanently isn't needed for victory because simply incapacitating him or knocking him out would meet that condition as well. Characters like Liu Kang, who are less physically imposing in comparison to the Predator, were able to be Scorpion with a moderate level of difficulty.

Had no idea there was a Predator comic. Ive been a Predator fan my whole life, gonna have to get on those.

But i can use that same argument against you! Scorpion defeated Sektor and cyrax in a battle, while Predator lost to Danny Glover.

Also, the OP made no specifics or restrictions of victory, so then i guess BFR is on the table. Therefore he wins via sending predator to the Neatherealm.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@sachmoo said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nerdchore said:

Comics and novels which expand on the movies. Killing Scorpion permanently isn't needed for victory because simply incapacitating him or knocking him out would meet that condition as well. Characters like Liu Kang, who are less physically imposing in comparison to the Predator, were able to be Scorpion with a moderate level of difficulty.

Had no idea there was a Predator comic. Ive been a Predator fan my whole life, gonna have to get on those.

But i can use that same argument against you! Scorpion defeated Sektor and cyrax in a battle, while Predator lost to Danny Glover.

Also, the OP made no specifics or restrictions of victory, so then i guess BFR is on the table. Therefore he wins via sending predator to the Neatherealm.

Sektor is virtually featless and Cyrax combat performance isn't too stellar either. I have already listed a couple feats from my previous post that I think are outside of Scorpion's, Cyrax's, and Sektor's capabilities. The Danny Glover fight was circumstantial, that Predator was shot several times in the abdomen by a shotgun and had it's arm cut off when it faced Danny and still managed to have the upperhand until Danny played dead and stabbed it in the stomach with its Smart Disc. In order to BFR, Scorpion must first be aware of the Predator and second he must have physical contact to boot him to the Netherrealm.

Comics

https://digital.darkhorse.com/browse/brand/15/

https://digital.darkhorse.com/browse/brand/191/

https://digital.darkhorse.com/browse/brand/16/

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Sektor is virtually featless and Cyrax combat performance isn't too stellar either. I have already listed a couple feats from my previous post that I think are outside of Scorpion's, Cyrax's, and Sektor's capabilities. The Danny Glover fight was circumstantial, that Predator was shot several times in the abdomen by a shotgun and had it's arm cut off when it faced Danny and still managed to have the upperhand until Danny played dead and stabbed it in the stomach with its Smart Disc. In order to BFR, Scorpion must first be aware of the Predator and second he must have physical contact to boot him to the Netherrealm.

I'm bout to get on those comics soon as i get home.

Through the OP I infer that he is aware of the Predator. Since he suspects him for killing his clan, he is hunting HIM down. Not the other way around, so I'm not sure how or where he found predator, but he must be aware of him. Physically touching Predator isn't a problem at all. Teleport behind him like he does in his moveset. You keep throwing the Scorpion losing to Liu kang thing out there, but if you really wanna get technical, that fight was circumstantial too. He fought a minimum of 8 guys leading up to that. Some with the ability to shoot missiles, bombs, green plasma netting, a spirit energy wielder, and a guy who conjures ice from anywhere. ALL with substantial fighting abilities.

Also; Liu kang was not only the Chosen One, but he was already destined to win the tourney. Of course he beat Scorpion. Liu Kang pretty much has the hand of god on his side. He was even killed but continued to live and fight as an undead until reunited with his spirit. Losing to Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat is not at all a poor showing.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nick_hero22

@sachmoo said:

@nick_hero22: Sektor is virtually featless and Cyrax combat performance isn't too stellar either. I have already listed a couple feats from my previous post that I think are outside of Scorpion's, Cyrax's, and Sektor's capabilities. The Danny Glover fight was circumstantial, that Predator was shot several times in the abdomen by a shotgun and had it's arm cut off when it faced Danny and still managed to have the upperhand until Danny played dead and stabbed it in the stomach with its Smart Disc. In order to BFR, Scorpion must first be aware of the Predator and second he must have physical contact to boot him to the Netherrealm.

Through the OP I infer that he is aware of the Predator. Since he suspects him for killing his clan, he is hunting HIM down. Not the other way around, so I'm not sure how or where he found predator, but he must be aware of him. Physically touching Predator isn't a problem at all. Teleport behind him like he does in his moveset. You keep throwing the Scorpion losing to Liu kang thing out there, but if you really wanna get technical, that fight was circumstantial too. He fought a minimum of 8 guys leading up to that. Some with the ability to shoot missiles, bombs, green plasma netting, a spirit energy wielder, and a guy who conjures ice from anywhere. ALL with substantial fighting abilities.

Also; Liu kang was not only the Chosen One, but he was already destined to win the tourney. Of course he beat Scorpion. Liu Kang pretty much has the hand of god on his side. He was even killed but continued to live and fight as an undead until reunited with his spirit. Losing to Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat is not at all a poor showing.

The Predator has cloaking though, so I don't see how Scorpion is suppose to detect him. I think you are missing a key element here which is how does Scorpion use his teleportation to surprise a invisible foe? Not to mention that Scorpion's teleportation isn't very fast and is predictable due to the cloud of smoke it generates between ports; I honestly don't see why the Predator couldn't keep up due to its raw speed. Yes the fight between Liu Kang and Scorpion was circumstantial because not only did Liu Kang humiliate Scorpion who I don't recall having any prior matches that day, he also humiliated Quan Chi along side him. Most the characters you are referencing have abysmal track records in fights like Sektor and the Elder Sub-Zero. The only one who has any note-worth is Cyrax, and I have seen anything that would make me think that he could replicate anything I listed feat-wise. Liu Kang was chosen by the Wu Shi Academy to represent them in the Mortal Kombat Tournament not the Elder Gods, and his candidacy was based off his skill as a student, not a birth right. In this particular fight losing to Liu Kang isn't a helpful showing.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sachmoo

@sachmoo said:

The Predator has cloaking though, so I don't see how Scorpion is suppose to detect him. I think you are missing a key element here which is how does Scorpion use his teleportation to surprise a invisible foe? Not to mention that Scorpion's teleportation isn't very fast and is predictable due to the cloud of smoke it generates between ports; I honestly don't see why the Predator couldn't keep up due to its raw speed. Yes the fight between Liu Kang and Scorpion was circumstantial because not only did Liu Kang humiliate Scorpion who I don't recall having any prior matches that day, he also humiliated Quan Chi along side him. Most the characters you are referencing have abysmal track records in fights like Sektor and the Elder Sub-Zero. The only one who has any note-worth is Cyrax, and I have seen anything that would make me think that he could replicate anything I listed feat-wise. Liu Kang was chosen by the Wu Shi Academy to represent them in the Mortal Kombat Tournament not the Elder Gods, and his candidacy was based off his skill as a student, not a birth right. In this particular fight losing to Liu Kang isn't a helpful showing.

Like i said, the OP suggest Scorpion found him. Many MK combatants utilize Invisibility, this is nothing new to Scorpion. And of course the teleportation is predictable to US, because WE know the move strikes behind you and your viewing it from pretty much 3rd person. So you can see it coming. How in the world is Predator supposed to know this when the OP says, the fighters have no knowledge of him? Scorpion had to fight Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Cyrax, sektor AND Sub-zero beforehand. Plus more where you had to fight against him. Liu Kang was stated by Raiden as being the chosen one. He was destined to win that tourney.

Doesn't matter tho, BFR for the win.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nick_hero22

1) The OP suggested no such thing "He is blood lusted from being convinced that each opponent he faces is responsible for the death of his family and clan."

2) Scorpion has never fought anyone who has invisible nor he has fought anyone with physical stats comparable to the Predator.

3) It is predictable because it leaves physical traces such as a cloud of smoke and fire between ports. What I'm saying is that Scorpion's teleportation is irrelevant because he wouldn't be able to see where the Predator is, so he wouldn't know where to teleport to begin with. And, you are ignoring the fact that the Predator is fast enough to keep up with Scorpion's teleportation to a degree.

4) I don't think his fight with Liu Kang happened on the same days as those other fights. You are forgetting that the Tournament spanned a course of several days and I believe that a couple of other characters had chapters after Scorpion's.

5) No where is it stated or even implied that Liu Kang was divinely chosen. He was chosen due to the fact that he was the best warrior that the Wu Shi Academy could produce to represent them at the Tournament.

6) Scorpion isn't capable of laying a hand on the Predator, and please explain why didn't Scorpion BFR his other opponents when they were beating him down such as Liu Kang and the Younger Sub-Zero.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Scorpion most def can use teleportation, Scorpion isn't limited to mk 9 cut scenes that would be ridiculous.

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rainx20

@nick_hero22: Dude, the predator doesn't stand a chance. His feats aren't as great as you think. It is okay accept that he looses.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainx20 said:

@nick_hero22: Dude, the predator doesn't stand a chance. His feats aren't as great as you think. It is okay accept that he looses.

Everything in this sentence is false.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stops at Spidey

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

stops at 5 or 6

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still haven't seen anyone make a convincing case that would allow Scorpion to pass round 1.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 juiceboks  Moderator

Still haven't seen anyone make a convincing case that would allow Scorpion to pass round 1.

I'm down the same train of thought as you. Predator's gear and physical stats are more than enough to earn him a solid majority. Scorpion gets overrated a lot.

_Goliath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only question Dovahkiin here, Scorpion should clear here.