Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Teams:

Strider92: Red Team

Kylar Stern: Black Ka'kari, throwing daggers, poisoned tipped swords

Dante Sparda: Yamato, Duel pistol

Vindicare Assassin: Exitus Pistol, Extius Sniper (Turbo and SB rounds), Vindicare Stealth Suit, Vindicare Mask, frag grenades (2)

The_Thunderer: Blue Team

Luke (Star Wars EU): Beskar Armour, Lightsaber

Spock (Star Trek): Phaser, Enterprise Teleportation

Marcus: (Gears of War) Lancer Assault Rifle, Armour, Hammer of Dawn, Gnasher Shotgun

Battlefield: Halo Island

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Everyone has 10 minuets Prep to study map and Comunnication Ear Pieces on a Normal Radio Frequency.

No one knows who there fighting. Only theres 3 Target need killing.

Remember all powers are neutral here and affect eachother. I.E. Magic will affect Force. Force affect Warp. Warp affect Biotics. Ect ect....

Anyones Gun that requires Ammo have only 2 Clips of Ammo.

Blood Lusted

No BFR

KO or Death

WHEN BOTH MEMBERS ARE DONE DEBATING WILL THERE BE VOTES. VOTE ON THE DEBATE AS WELL AS THE TEAM. SOME TEAMS ARE STRONGER IN STATS BUT A GODD DEBATER CAN POINT OUT THERE UNSEEN FLAWS OR HOW THEIR TEAM MATCHES THEM.

Have Fun

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Ok i'll get this rolling.

1st off this is a VERY good map for how my team likes to play. Both Kylar and the Vindicare are assassins who like to turn invisible and stalk their prey. Its a very open environment with not a lot of real places to hide. I can see the Vindicare's sniper rifle wreaking absolute chaos here. Dante of course is about as discreet as a Rhino up the a$$ but in this case its going to work to his teams advantage as he could work as a distraction to lure the other team out. The other team isn't stupid so they aren't going to run in an engage Dante straight away but if they see him they are going to attack at a distance (due to bloodlust) and when that happens it instantly shows the Vindicare (who is going to hang waaaaaaaaaaaaay back as he's a sniper not a h2h expert although he is quite a capable combatant in that area) and Kylar where they are.

I get the feeling that the Vindicare would end up shooting at Marcus Phoenix as Gears Of War characters like to use cover and this will most likely pin Marcus as the assassin's Exitus Rifle ammo is no joke and he won't be able to lose the assassin due to the fact the Vindicare can see in nearly every type of vision under the sun (heat, night, infrared etc...) not to mention communication channels so if the other team is communicating via any sort of wavelength (radiowaves, walkie talkies etc....) they are basically lighting themselves up like Christmas trees for the assassin. The assassin also has two types of ammunition each of which are exceedingly deadly.

You have Shell Breaker rounds:

A Shell Breaker Round is used by Vindicare Assassins for bypassing a high-value target's personal energy shielding, such as a Conversion field. This round is specially-treated with a psychically-charged imprint, and contains a complex circuit of anti-phase technology that is little understood even by the tech-priest of the Mechanicus. The Shell Breaker is employed against a variety of targets such as the protective Warp fields generated by a Tyranid Zoanothrope, an Eldar Warlock's Rune Armour and the psychic shields often employed by powerful psyker.
-Deamonhunter Codex/Lexicanum

or Turbo rounds:

The Turbo-penetrator Round is a hypervelocity ,Adamantine-jacketed bullet surrounding a special magno-sealed flux needle. These special rounds are renowned for their ability to pierce nearly any armour, and the hypervelocity round wreaks havoc upon any target, often by the secondary effects of its phasing passage through the target’s molecular structure.
-Deamonhunter Codex/Lexicanum

Either of these rounds are perfectly capable of tearing through mostly any target especially Shell Breaker rounds that were literally designed to go through force fields like butter. So this scenario would eventually end up with Marcus getting a round through the head as the Assassin can turn invisible it'll basically be Marucs hiding all the time as he won't be able to see the Vindicare who could be on the other side of the island given the sniper's range.

At a guess I would say Luke would end up going against Dante. Due to the fact both of them are pretty quick and they would probably enter a close combat situation before their team-mates realize. I don't really know much about Luke so feel free to correct me if theres something that looks wrong. Under normal circumstance's I would guess Luke's force abilities would wreak Havoc on Dante but in this case Luke is only allowed to use 15tons worth of strength behind it and honestly I really don't think that has the damage output necessary to put Dante down and Basker armor isn't going to give very much protection as Dante has Yamato. I think this fight will be Luke tossing Dante around, stabbing him a few times but it will eventually end with Dante winning due to his superior durability.

That just leaves Kylar and Spock. First of all I have never seen 1 episode of Star Trek in my life EVER so i'm going off information i've got off the vine. I'll give a run-down of Kylar as whoever hasn't read the Night Angel series will probably have no idea who he is. Kylar is a human assassin who like the other assassin's in his universe can use something called Talent. Talent is magical energy that can be used in a majority of ways such as increasing his speed to superhuman levels, moving through shadows or increasing his ability to heal by a large extent. You can think of Talent much like the Force in Star Wars. They are both very similar in how they can be used.

Talent can be used in ingenious ways that are really only limited to what the user can imagine and the extent of his/her control. Talent has been used to catch swords, feed arrows to a bowstring, fast-healing, boost his/her strength and speed, muffle his/her footsteps, cloak the user in shadows, throw their voice, climb a variety of objects and structures, and self-transformation. Durzo stated that self-transformation can take up to several hours in a discussion with Kylar, but he showed that someone as skilled as he is can transform in a matter of moments when he grew a pair of wings.
-Description of Talent

Normally "Talented" individuals can only use their abilities a few times due to the fact their Vryden(magic) runs dry quite quickly but Kylar is an exception to this rule as he has a nigh-unlimited amount of magic inside him that can be used. Another very dangerous thing about Kylar is his possession of an object called the black Ka'kari. The black Ka'kari is a sentient weapon that often talks to Kylar offering advice (or mockery in quite a few cases) in its harmless form it looks like a small black orb. As soon as it is engaged it flows over the bearer coating him/her as second skin (Kylar normally also uses it to form a blade on his hand much like the wrist-blade in Assassin's Creed as well). Each Ka'kari has a distinct ability the Silver Ka'kari for example rendered the user completely invulnerable as it embodies the Protector(if I remember rightly). The black Ka'kari is the embodiment of the Devourer/Sustainer its ability is to eat and absorb anything at all it comes into contact with (including magic). For example if Kylar where to touch a suit of armor for example the ka'kari would devour it (you can imagine the effects this could have on a person). The ka'kari also gave Kylar perfect invisibility(perfect invisibility refers to the fact that Kylars invisibility is generated by magic thus only Mages or magic users can detect him. Tech is useless as magic defies logic), immortality, perfect visibility regardless of the conditions and it also took over the job of healing his wounds away from his Talent (one less thing for Stern to concentrate on).

I'm going to look up Spock and see what he is capable off but I think that even with a teleporter this is just game of Cat and Mouse with Kylar running around the area until he eventually gets the jump on Spock.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92: I just wanted to clarify this with ya. Part of the strategies in this is Ammo, as in enough ammo to bring a guy down ect ect. The Vindis Pistol and Rifle has no Ammo Specs I can find. So in all fairness as rules go. Ill give 10 shtos a Clip just like the Bolter for both Pistol and Rifle. so 20 shots a piece.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2: No problem. To be honest I think 10 shots per clip is all that's really needed. Vinidcare's don't spam ammunition like SM's anyway :p

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92

: Also for you....

All Common Traits of Assassins
All Common Traits of Assassins
What it takes to be a Assassin
What it takes to be a Assassin
No Caption Provided
A Vindicare Assassin
A Vindicare Assassin
Vindicares Gear
Vindicares Gear

Vindicare Assassin on Mission :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

#rd

@Strider92

No Caption Provided

:

3rd Edition Panel. Top of page is a Mission Report.

So These Scans show the 1) Vindicare is immune to Toxins and Gase. 2) Can see thru Smoke. 3) Mask has mutiple Vison Modes. 4) Superhuman Reflexes. 5) Rifle shoot down Shields of any type. 6) Rifle can Penetrate Tank Armour. 7) Can set Target on Fire. 8) Stealth Suit that works like Oct Camo from MGS4. 9) Hiest level of Marksman.10) Immune to Fear and Psyking Out.

Hope these Help for futur Comicvine Discusuins.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2: Thx saved me having to scan my codex's lol

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MenaceForever2

Hey would someone please comment on my match because I had a detailed response but a flood warning thing came up.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

What happened to mah opponent!? I don't want to auto-win because no-opposed me lol!

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MenaceForever2

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

@The_Thunderer: Lets see what ya can counter with :).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@CadenceV2 said:

@The_Thunderer: Lets see what ya can counter with :).

I wonder if he's even going to respond...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@ShootingNova: Yeah its been a while. I'm starting to feel like Donkey!:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@Strider92: LOL.

He isn't responding, well, he's not online....

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By beatboks1

@Strider92 said:

What happened to mah opponent!? I don't want to auto-win because no-opposed me lol!

Seems to be a growing trend. It actually seems to be that more users don't fully understand how tourney's work. In one of my current ones there have been a few in both rounds who offered nothing seeming to believe all they needed was the right team. What's even a greater kick is that in the one I linked I was almost about to loose after the first few votes despite putting up an awesome argument that hasn't been countered by either of mu opponents (I'm facing two teams). According to PM replies they didn't even read the debates just voted purely on team.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

@beatboks1 said:

@Strider92 said:

Seems to be a growing trend. It actually seems to be that more users don't fully understand how tourney's work. In one of my current ones there have been a few in both rounds who offered nothing seeming to believe all they needed was the right team. What's even a greater kick is that in the one I linked I was almost about to loose after the first few votes despite putting up an awesome argument that hasn't been countered by either of mu opponents (I'm facing two teams). According to PM replies they didn't even read the debates just voted purely on team.

Yeah I learn this 2. I was setting up a Loser Bracket and winner Bracket so everyone had a chance for a second match with a well more place opponet... sadly seems that wont happen. Next Time Im PMing everyone I personaly know that do these Tourneys first then ask for other to fill in any possible gaps lol.

Thunderer has till Tmmorow 10 PM Eastern till I call for Votes.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante with Yamato?

Roflstomp.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Strider92: Sorry, been on holiday in France :)

First off Luke is not "pretty quick" he can move close to lightspeed and has way way above human reflexes meaning that he could dodge bullets from your assassins with ease. (Don't know length of map) Or potentially just straight up force choke. His force senses means that no one is hiding from him allowing Marcus Fenix the advantage of not needing to see his opponents to lay down some covering fire for spock.

Also Ka'kari's invisibilty and death touch are both non factors, because Luke will be able to sense him rendering his invisibility useless or attack him with lightsaber / the force.

Bloodlusted Luke = very very bad news for your team. He is THE most powerful Jedi and the BEST swordsman and one of the greates force users in all SW ever.This means that he will dodge these shots with no probem, H2H is not an option for you at all, not that you'd choose so anyway. He is in Beskar Armour which is lightsaber-proof. I'm sure your assassins do have some seriously high calibre and impact rounds, but mandalorian beskar armour isn't getting broken by anything they have. The suit also gives 360 vision (not that he'll need it ) and also won't restrict movement or agility at all.

I must admit I don't know as mmuch on Spock as the other 2 however I do know that he is an execellent leader and is very stong (he can bend metal bars with his punches)

Spock also has his infamous Vulcan Death Grip, which can make an opponent instantly unconscious, this requires close proximity, however seeing as he can practically teleport this won't be a problem.

MArcus Fenix is the walking tank. Armed to the teeth, battle tough. Hammer of dawn with 10 rounds is going to wreak havoc in your team's base and is going to be an integral part of the game plan.

(haamer of dawn blast)

Lancer Assault Rifle (this baby packs some serious punch as well)

My Battle Plan

Ok, here I go.

So as soon as it begins, Marcus will call in all 10 of his hammer of Dawn strikes onto the far side of the island which will likely kill at least 1 and injure them all and destroy any cover or protection they had. Following the gigantic explosion Luke senses who is alive, and kills any wounded stragglers.

Should they (all 3) prove to have survived that unscathed, then Spock teleports in and out of their side distracting and attacking them. Eventually he will get taken down, but I think he could survive at least 10 minutes. During this time Luke senses the exact location of one of the assassins and Marcus uses 3 hammer of dawn's on their location. This they will not survive, especially if Luke guides the shot. The other 2 will then realise not to stay still making sniping a lot harder / imposssible. Marcus then randomly calls in the rest of his hammer of dawn's providing a distraction for Luke to use force pull to drag their weapons out into the open. Then Marcus and Luke sit and wait for them to try and get them and then kill them. They won't be able to sneak up on Luke because he has 360 vision and can sense them 24/7.

Let me know how you will stop this.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@The_Thunderer said:

Holy crap thats where I am atm....are you stalking me?

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Strider92 said:

@The_Thunderer said:

Holy crap thats where I am atm....are you stalking me?

haha not yet... lol

i'm in Paris

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@The_Thunderer: Damn I better go by me a tazer!!!!!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

Battlefield: Halo Island

No Caption Provided

At first glance I thought this was a giant misshapen M&M Cookie...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MenaceForever2

Strider92

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Thunderer

Thunderer

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MenaceForever2

I don't think you can vote for yourself.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lady_liberty

The Thunderer.

Luke is wayyyy to powerful for this level of battle.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@Lady_Liberty:

1) No one over 15 Tons in Strength. No TK Type of Powers more than 15 Tons of Force or Pressure. No Energy Prjection better than Iron Man. No one over Grey Hulk (weakest Hulk) in Durabitiy or Healing. If unsure or close to it can be nerfed. Just Ask me and the other players if we allow it.

2) No Reality Warpers, Time Stoppers, Mind Controllers, Anyone whos faster than Mach 5, or anyone that can Predect or See everyway they can win (Midnighter like). Thats for the birds.

3) Neutral Universe were Powers affect echother. Example: 40k has the Warp, Star Wars has the Force, Mass Effect has Biotics. All Effect eachother equally or cancel eachother.

4) Morals are on. If a character has Morals on killing someone then they arnt going to be running around snapping Necks.

5) Gear must be Accurate to Character. As well no (Insert name here) carries 6 tons worth of gear and guns. Unless Character has shown to carry mass loads of Weapons cause of Strength or other means thats fine. Also only 2 Grenades of any kind Max for any Character. Only 2 Clips of Ammo! Your character can run dry.

Remeber for all his feats hes in these Linits.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

Alright I vote for Strider.

Strider has a Superb Stealther here that can easily remain undetected by most. With a touch he own Own Marcus, and Spock. Spock and Marcus would have no way to find him either. Also any harm that befalls him could heal rather quickly.

Striders Vindicare is no mere Sniper. He is the Sniper of Snipers with Predator like Invisibilty, Super Human Reflexes, Bullet Doger, and a Sniper Rifle that can one anyone here. His Ammo is Supersonic which means a person like Marcus or Spock would be hit before knowing a Gunshot went off. Ontop of that hes no slouch in CC.

Finally we Dante who again would deciamte Marcus or Spock with no effort. His Feats and Skills would keep up with a Mach 5 Luke anyday. Also unlike Luke Dante Healing and Durabilty would be Grey Hulk level and Luke would have a hard time in CC putting him down.

In the End I see Spock going down first no matter where he Teleports and Marcus getting one shotted by the Vindicare who are train and have many times taken down Space Marines. Then its 3 on 1. Luke can be KO by a Death Touch, Turbo Round, or Dantes Sword.

Thats my Take.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lady_liberty

@CadenceV2: Yeah I'm aware that his powers are limited here, the problem is he has pretty much every allowed power at the max.

The Vindicare is the only chance they have of taking him out, although I agree that Dante could keep him busy, but probably not for that long. Sixty seconds with a guy who can sense the future, has TK, a lightsaber, and move at hundreds of miles per hour is a long, long time.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92: So far i have 3 to 1 Strider. Strider wins.