• 73 results
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By dane
@menaceforever: It'll always be here if you feel like it later.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Esquire

@Dane said:

@Esquire: Problems: I've read that Ultmate Doc Ock actually had metal manipulation powers, not strictly a technological harness like the mainstream character. Is this information correct? Because then it can't be used as equipment.

I haven't read all of Ultimate Spider-Man, but as far as I've gotten he's just a scientist with metal arms he uses for experiments, then they get fused to him in an explosion. Later he modifies them to make them more weaponized, but I wasn't under the impression he had any special powers that let him use them. You may be right, but if you are I didn't know about it, either. If that's the case, can I just use 616 Doc Ock's arms?

Deathstroke is not as skilled as Lady Shiva in the Vibranium Fist vs Kung-fu Spider match-up. I really do not think the fight will progress as you foresee. There is no evidence that Cardiac/Deathstroke could tag Spider-Man/Lady Shiva with a staff blast, quite the opposite.

VF isn't trying to tag someone who's as specialized in dodging as Spider-Man. Instead of Cardiac trying to blast a character whose entire combat identity is built around dodging, we have an enhanced Deathstroke, who has shot speedsters with his blast staff (Using a staff that shoots energy to tag a speedy character? Cwutididthar?), trying to tag a similarly enhanced Lady Shiva, who has focused on h2h rather than dodging. That is an entirely different scenario. Although she could indeed take DS in a strict h2h matchup, that's largely irrelevant here. VF is in no way outclassed enough either physically or in skill that she could beat him quickly. Instead he is close enough in both to keep her at bay while he regains distance from which to blast her, which he is able to do.

Massive flaw in Deadeye vs Suicide King. You're trying to shoot to death a guy with a healing factor who gets routinely riddled with bullets. That's a bad concept.

Carbonadium stops superhuman healing factors. Remember when Bucky shot Daken? And that was only one bullet. As you said, SK will be riddled with powered-up carbonadium bullets. He won't heal any better than a normal person would from normal bullets, which is to say not enough to help.

Furthermore, you failed to divine the purpose of that character. He can teleport away from you, he can see through walls and he has a .50 cal Sniper Rifle that goes through concrete. Punisher's skills weren't chosen because hes the best fighter on the planet, they were chosen because hes a sensible guy that makes the best use of what he has available to them. He's going to blast your body in half when you don't know it's coming and you don't have anyone with any form of senses or tracking that can stop him from doing it.

What are these walls of which you speak? Where were these in the OP? If they weren't stated, why are you assuming that they are there? That's just poor debating. Just going off of what was stated in the OP, my scenario is totally plausible.

Also, you're right, I don't have any sensors. That's a bit of an oversight on my part. However, I do have two characters with vibranium armor, one with a healing factor, and one who can focus Chi to heal. I also have a character with a danger-sense and the best reflexes legally allowed in this thread, which he can use to save his teammates using his bullet-proof armored self. That's on top of the fact that the bullet will be slowed if it's going through something, and all my characters have bullet-dodging reflexes, anyway. And finally, although a .50 cal can go through walls, the accuracy is less than stellar after it does. Is it Cable's cybernetics that let him see through walls? I'm not completely sure what the cybernetics do. Anyway, Suicide King is a cool character concept, but he just doesn't have a place in this gauntlet.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dane
@Esquire

I haven't read all of Ultimate Spider-Man, but as far as I've gotten he's just a scientist with metal arms he uses for experiments, then they get fused to him in an explosion. Later he modifies them to make them more weaponized, but I wasn't under the impression he had any special powers that let him use them. You may be right, but if you are I didn't know about it, either. If that's the case, can I just use 616 Doc Ock's arms?

616 Doc Ock's arms break the rules for strength. Sorry to say but you may have to redo those, my lack of Ultimate Spider-Man knowledge there, but they break the rules.

VF isn't trying to tag someone who's as specialized in dodging as Spider-Man. Instead of Cardiac trying to blast a character whose entire combat identity is built around dodging, we have an enhanced Deathstroke, who has shot speedsters with his blast staff (Using a staff that shoots energy to tag a speedy character? Cwutididthar?), trying to tag a similarly enhanced Lady Shiva, who has focused on h2h rather than dodging. That is an entirely different scenario. Although she could indeed take DS in a strict h2h matchup, that's largely irrelevant here. VF is in no way outclassed enough either physically or in skill that she could beat him quickly. Instead he is close enough in both to keep her at bay while he regains distance from which to blast her, which he is able to do.

I'm not sure how much you know about Lady Shiva, but she doesn't take hits like a tank. She will dodge gunfire/energy blasts if you throw them at her. Deathstroke tagging speedsters is completely retarded. None of what you're saying has any factual basis. Cardiac is physically outclassed by Spider-Man. How is he regaining distance against a faster opponent? I'm afraid I don't follow. Kung-Fu Spider has the Muramasa Blade dude. He will cut you in half and the sword can deflect energy blasts (Wolverine vs Cyclops).

Carbonadium stops superhuman healing factors. Remember when Bucky shot Daken? And that was only one bullet. As you said, SK will be riddled with powered-up carbonadium bullets. He won't heal any better than a normal person would from normal bullets, which is to say not enough to help.

Carbonadium has worked on Wolverine, Daken and Sabretooth who all have the same essential powerset. Deadpool's healing factor works very differently to theirs and hasn't been stopped with carbonadium. I also never approved carbonadium equipment for your character. You would have to pick between Deadshot's gear OR Carbonadium bullets since both are bespoke equipment.

What are these walls of which you speak? Where were these in the OP? If they weren't stated, why are you assuming that they are there? That's just poor debating. Just going off of what was stated in the OP, my scenario is totally plausible.

Also, you're right, I don't have any sensors. That's a bit of an oversight on my part. However, I do have two characters with vibranium armor, one with a healing factor, and one who can focus Chi to heal. I also have a character with a danger-sense and the best reflexes legally allowed in this thread, which he can use to save his teammates using his bullet-proof armored self. That's on top of the fact that the bullet will be slowed if it's going through something, and all my characters have bullet-dodging reflexes, anyway. And finally, although a .50 cal can go through walls, the accuracy is less than stellar after it does. Is it Cable's cybernetics that let him see through walls? I'm not completely sure what the cybernetics do. Anyway, Suicide King is a cool character concept, but he just doesn't have a place in this gauntlet.

Well they aren't fighting in white nothingness. I'll change the OP so you have a place to fight.

You don't have senses to detect bullets, so it's going to be hard to dodge something you don't see coming. Your opinions on his place in the gauntlet are rather irrelevant unless you can disprove his effectiveness.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By dane
@Esquire: Location is in the OP.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By beatboks1

dman lot of tourneys and scenarios ATM. @Dane i know the OP says no force fields I was wandering if I could sneak in the power set of Justice from Marvels New Universe ( back in th 90's) he has an energy blast from bis right hand and can create shields from his left. the shields don't offer any greater protection IMO than Luke Cage durability. he has used them as thrown attacks to strike ( harmlessly, like for a knock down etc) as well as stop ullets. they are usually only small say a meter or two by a meter or two. the only time i can recall bim creating one that covered him on all sides ( dome shaped) it only lasted seconds under normal bullet fire ( presumably the strain of focusing to do so was too much). he can heal bimself but he needs to focus to do so and usually not from any great damage while in combat. he can also read peoples auras and track people by the wake of them. I've been using him in Fett's ounty tourney and as I' e re-read some issues recently to get scans have been feminded how cool he was. If you check out his CV page ignore the psionic bit that was an upgrade given to the character when a new talent team took over which i hated and dropped the run. only talking about pre upgrade- he's definitely street level.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dane
@beatboks1: Sorry sir but Justice is out. Not only is it force-fieldy, but it also sounds like he can use it like simulated telekinesis.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By beatboks1

cool, thought I'd ask. had 't thought of it that way i mean i' e never seen bim move things with them but then he has. reated steps to climb, so you have a point. Guess I'll just have to make more use of him in the other tourney.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Esquire

Okay, here's my updated team. Any problems?

Vibranium Fist:

Powers: Cardiac

Abilities: Deathstroke

Item: Muramasa Claws

Gear: Titanium Bo-Staff, Katana, M249, Twin .45s

Spider-Lord:

Powers: Spider-Man

Abilities: Taskmaster

Item: Black Panther's Civil War Gear: Vibranium Suit, Ebony Blade, Anti-Metal Claws, Energy Daggers

Gear: Shotgun, Twin Desert Eagles, Twin Morningstars

Rockeye:

Powers: Toph Beifong

Abilities: Bullseye

Item: Deathstroke's Blast Staff

Gear: Barrett .50 Cal, Twin Desert Eagles, Twin Sais, Kevlar Armor

Marauder:

Powers: Omega Red

Abilities: Lady Shiva

Item: Shocker's suit and Gauntlets

Gear: Twin Katanas, M16, Twin MP7s

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dane
@Esquire: Sugarman is out. Rest seems ok.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Esquire

What's the problem with Sugarman? I know Luna's allowed him before.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dane
@Esquire said:

@Dane What's the problem with Sugarman? I know Luna's allowed him before.

Size Manipulation.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Esquire

@Dane said:

@Esquire said:

Size Manipulation.

What if I drop his size manipulation? I really just want him for arms, claws, and tongue.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dane
@Esquire said:

@Dane said:

@Esquire said:

Size Manipulation.

What if I drop his size manipulation? I really just want him for arms, claws, and tongue.

Preferrably no. I dislike dissecting powersets.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Esquire

Hurm. What about:

Powers: The Gorgon

Equipment: Omega Red's Tentacles

Gear: Twin Titanium Katanas, M16, Twin MP7s, Kevlar Armor

And for Rockeye, can I trade the Carbonadium Bullets for Deathstroke's Blast Staff?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By dane
@Esquire: Omega Red's Tentacles are part of his body. Can we use equipment that is actually equipment? And why do you have Titanium Katanas as normal equipment? Not that it really matters but those don't sound like standard equipment. You can have normal steel katanas.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Esquire

@Dane said:

@Esquire: Omega Red's Tentacles are part of his body. Can we use equipment that is actually equipment? And why do you have Titanium Katanas as normal equipment? Not that it really matters but those don't sound like standard equipment. You can have normal steel katanas.

If I took Omega Red's powerset, would his tentacles come with it? I assumed it would count as equipment, since they were implanted and he wasn't born with them.

You've never had a problem with titanium before, (as recently as four posts ago), but steel's okay, too.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dane
@Esquire: Well yes, Omega Red's powers come with his tentacles. And sometimes I overlook things. Regular equipment should be things you could buy in a store.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Esquire

@Dane said:

@Esquire: Well yes, Omega Red's powers come with his tentacles. And sometimes I overlook things. Regular equipment should be things you could buy in a store.

I guess I don't see the huge distinction between Red's tentacles and, say, Ock's arms that would put them as a powerset rather than an item. However, I won't argue. I will also not bother to provide links to titanium katanas at quite reasonable prices, as it is simply not worth debating.

So, for my final character, could I have:

Equipment: Shocker's Suit and Gauntlets

Gear: Twin Non-Titanium Katanas, AK-74, Twin MP7s

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By dane
@Esquire said:

@Dane said:

I guess I don't see the huge distinction between Red's tentacles and, say, Ock's arms that would put them as a powerset rather than an item. However, I won't argue. I will also not bother to provide links to titanium katanas at quite reasonable prices, as it is simply not worth debating.

So, for my final character, could I have:

Equipment: Shocker's Suit and Gauntlets

Gear: Twin Non-Titanium Katanas, AK-74, Twin MP7s

Sounds rad.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Esquire

Here we go again!

The Captain vs Lady Omega: Lady Omega will move to attack The Captain, firing at him with her guns and gauntlets. He'll block the attacks with his shield, but it'll keep him occupied as she closes the distance. When she gets closer, she'll start blasting with her gauntlets and suit, using wide blasts to try and get around the shield. When he gets within range, she'll launch her tentacles to grab and restrain him, start pummeling him with blasts from her suit, and release Death Spores to weaken and kill him. If he tries a shield throw or bash, her suit will automatically send out a blast to toss the shield away. If he tries to use his gun at any point, she's a pretty decent dodger who is extremely durable and has a powerful HF, so she should be fine.

Man Without Fear vs Vibranium Fist: VF has superior stats, and will use them to blitz forward quickly. While he closes the distance, he’ll fire energy blasts from his hands to keep MWF on the defensive. When they get close, VF will go hand to hand and use his Muramasa claws and comparable skill to cut through any weapons or defenses that MWF tries to throw up. Not even vibranium can hold up against the Muramasa blade, so MWF should go down quickly.

Suicide King vs Rockeye: When the match begins, Rockeye will bend a platform for her team to easily make it to the other roof and then start blasting concrete chunks at your team. Once Suicide King teleports away, her radar sense will keep him in view, and she’ll bend up a barrier of metal and concrete between SK and the roof. Although his rifle has excellent penetration, it has to go through walls already, and Toph generally bended huge walls in the show. Once she’s put up a wall, she’ll bend the walls of his building into him in an attempt to crush him and damage his teleporter. If he ‘ports out in time, she’ll put up another barrier and crush him again. Eventually the whole roof will be surrounded by thick barriers and she’ll be able to focus exclusively on destroying first his teleporter and then him.

Kung-Fu Spider vs Spider-Lord: Spider-Lord will use his energy daggers, guns, and superior acrobatic training to keep Kung-Fu Spider at a distance, with the hope of getting a lucky tag or two. If KFS manages to get close, SL will use the Ebony Blade to defend against the Muramasa Blade, and use the acrobatics he copied from the likes of Spider-Man and Daredevil to escape. Once Vibranium Fist has finished his battle, the two will team up and use their formidable, if individually inferior, skills and comparable weaponry to take KFS down. Lady Omega will also assist once her battle is over.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dane
@Esquire
Captain America's Shield absorbs energy/kinetic blasts like Shocker's gauntlets. Otherwise fine.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Esquire

@Dane said:

@Esquire: Captain America's Shield absorbs energy/kinetic blasts like Shocker's gauntlets. Otherwise fine.

Well, yeah, but he has to keep the shield in pace to block with, which prevents him using it offensively. The spores are what kills him.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By dane
@Esquire: That's fine.