• 60 results
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Scathan the Approver  versus   Spectre ( Fully-Powered ) .

No Caption Provided

versus

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Good match but I'll go for Scathan here. I remember Nekron sucking up Spectre. Death & Oblivion couldn't do that to Scathan.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MKF30

I'll go with Spectre since he's full powered and not jobbing...

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CortSether

All Scathan has to do is disapprove of Spectre and whatever will be needed to defeat him will be so.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Unbound Spectre could definitely beat Scathan
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Unbound Spectre could definitely beat Scathan "
But not Unbound Scathan.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Spectre. Scathan has no feats other than participating in an event that he does not have the authority to decide upon. 

TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CortSether said:
" All Scathan has to do is disapprove of Spectre and whatever will be needed to defeat him will be so. "

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Unbound Spectre could definitely beat Scathan "
But not Unbound Scathan. "

????????
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CortSether
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Spectre. Scathan has no feats other than participating in an event that he does not have the authority to decide upon.  "
No feats? Yeah, other than sealing away Protege, a kid that absorbed the powers of Beyonder/Hawkgod/GOTG/Mephisto and his daughter/Eternity/Living Tribunal.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@CortSether said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" Spectre. Scathan has no feats other than participating in an event that he does not have the authority to decide upon.  "
No feats? Yeah, other than sealing away Protege, a kid that absorbed the powers of Beyonder/Hawkgod/GOTG/Mephisto and his daughter/Eternity/Living Tribunal. "
Which was PIS, because he has no authority to judge Protege unworthy of the power he wields. It's not part of his function, even as a Celestial. 
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" @CortSether said:
" All Scathan has to do is disapprove of Spectre and whatever will be needed to defeat him will be so. "

No Caption Provided
"
ROFLMAO.

Scathan is giving a thumbs up!
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Spectre

TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit: That's why I like this guy so much :D Awesome .
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CortSether
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @CortSether said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

No feats? Yeah, other than sealing away Protege, a kid that absorbed the powers of Beyonder/Hawkgod/GOTG/Mephisto and his daughter/Eternity/Living Tribunal. "
Which was PIS, because he has no authority to judge Protege unworthy of the power he wields. It's not part of his function, even as a Celestial.  "
That was Scathan's only appearance, it couldn't have been PIS since it was his function to approve or disapprove.  

You should go to this link and read up on what was posted.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/protege-vs-mandrakk/537803/#30

Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Goenitz

Scathan

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30
@Neon_Nemesis said:
"Spectre "

Same
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
Stalemate
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By capall

i don't see why unbound spectre would have any issues with a celestial here 
who the f@#k is he to judge the spectre in the battle forum? lol

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daak1212

Im not sure how Scathan is so powerful.  Really his feats were just approving and disproving things.  No actaul power feats, all that means is he is extremly smart, he's the Reed Richards of Celestials.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thor's hammmer

scathan does not approve of being beaten by a guy who wears green underwear and no pants and therefore wins
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daak1212
@Thor's hammmer said:
"scathan does not approve of being beaten by a guy who wears green underwear and no pants and therefore wins "

Lol 

I still cant fathom a way for Scathan to win.  He is not necessary to the universe and isnt very powerful, just really good at descisions.  Next time it coems downto it I'll mention him the next time T.G.I. Fridays needs a new manager
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@daak1212: 

alright he tells the LT or TOAA he disaproves and then he wins
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daak1212
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@daak1212:  alright he tells the LT or TOAA he disaproves and then he wins "

Yeah but that whole Protege arc was terribly written.  Protege beat LT but after Scathan disapproves he suddenly stomps him? Thats fucking retarded.  Also I dont think TOAA can effect Spectre 
1.  Spectre is outside TOAA jurisdiction, he's Marvel and Spectre is DC 
2.  Even if one where to do the whol DC=Marvel=Image etc etc TOAA/MoM/Prescence (Overmonitor????) Would not destroy Spectre because he is way to important to be judged and destroyed.  

Scathan is only good for disicion making not actual power feats.  You even said that he tells LT or TOAA, Scathan himself couldnt do it. 
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Freefa11

Scathan didn't just approve/disapprove, he effortlessly subdued Protege, who had already copied the powers of Eternity, Hawk God, and LT. He also kept him restrained while the LT passed judgement. Scathan essentially seems to trump the Living Tribunal, so I'd say he could trump Spectre as well. 

Now, is it stupid? Oh hell yes. I remember first reading that comic years ago and thought the whole arc was ridiculous. Eternity, Hawk God, and LT all being presented as roughly equal seemed stupid, Protege having no limits to his duplication powers was stupid, the GotG physically attacking and defeating Mephisto and his daughter was stupid, and a random Celestial trumping the Living Tribunal was incredibly stupid, not to mention incredibly redundant (Scathan "approves" or "disapproves," which is functionally identical to the Living Tribunal passing Judgement, except far more limited, so why the hell even bring him into the story? Why not just use the already established character who does the same thing and more anyway?). 

However, if you're going to actually use Scathan in a debate, then you have to use that story arc for his feats, because that's the only place he shows up. Denying that he is that powerful is basically like denying the character exists (which has a certain appeal to me, but also isn't anyway to actually win a debate).

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Freefa11: 

LT was retconned to only being a reprasentation of LT not acctual Multiversal LT
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212
@Freefa11 said:
"Scathan didn't just approve/disapprove, he effortlessly subdued Protege, who had already copied the powers of Eternity, Hawk God, and LT. He also kept him restrained while the LT passed judgement. Scathan essentially seems to trump the Living Tribunal, so I'd say he could trump Spectre as well.  Now, is it stupid? Oh hell yes. I remember first reading that comic years ago and thought the whole arc was ridiculous. Eternity, Hawk God, and LT all being presented as roughly equal seemed stupid, Protege having no limits to his duplication powers was stupid, the GotG physically attacking and defeating Mephisto and his daughter was stupid, and a random Celestial trumping the Living Tribunal was incredibly stupid, not to mention incredibly redundant (Scathan "approves" or "disapproves," which is functionally identical to the Living Tribunal passing Judgement, except far more limited, so why the hell even bring him into the story? Why not just use the already established character who does the same thing and more anyway?).  However, if you're going to actually use Scathan in a debate, then you have to use that story arc for his feats, because that's the only place he shows up. Denying that he is that powerful is basically like denying the character exists (which has a certain appeal to me, but also isn't anyway to actually win a debate). "

Right!  Scathan is a broken charecter to use.  Scathan cant beat protege because protege beat LT who is second only to TOAA.  Not to mention, Scathan during the Eternal run was never mentioned as being an extremly strong Celestial, Tiamut was.  Tiamut was picked by the Fulcrum because he though independantly but is Scathan is the uber powerful being that is represented during that arc then he should have already questiond the Fulcrum and is more powerful than Tiamut.  The writter I hope knew how stupid Scathan is and decided never to use hima gain because he is a PIS
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@daak1212: 

maybe scathan secretly is the Fulcrum or TOAA
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daak1212
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@daak1212:  maybe scathan secretly is the Fulcrum or TOAA "

Then the whole Protege scenario wouldnt have happend.  I dont think TOAA would really pester LT like that.  Maybe he would idk Stan Lee seems to be losing lately
Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Warlord
@Thor's hammmer said:
" scathan does not approve of being beaten by a guy who wears green underwear and no pants and therefore wins "
LOL , man , that was epic :D
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Spectre may win this, if he isn't a jobber in this battle. Might need some assistance from the big guy upstairs..although the Presence is a d*ck and will most likley won't pay any heed as he would be to busy playing poker with TOAA.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @Freefa11:  LT was retconned to only being a reprasentation of LT not acctual Multiversal LT "
When?
lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lol
Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lol: what has he ever done to show he has the power to beat unbound spectre? that PIS with protege aside, show some feats of his.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lol: what has he ever done to show he has the power to beat unbound spectre? that PIS with protege aside, show some feats of his.

Correct! and besides scathan was brought along because LT couldnt make a "Judgement"

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He not appear in other history plus that so idk how you wish i show some feats

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lol: so he does not have any other feats except as a PIS stopper? his only feat was making an energy muzzle? then he gets stomped.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BEYONDERGOD

@baron_von_santa: @lol: Only PIS and the energy is correct he might be the most useless of all "celestial's"

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: maybe that was why he won, he HAS no good powers worth to copy lol.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathan points his thumb down and ends the fight.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: maybe that was why he won, he HAS no good powers worth to copy lol.

XD its true i mean......

LT: hey scathan like a sandwich

Scathan: please insert judgmenet

LT: -_-

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: like that's gonna help. when have you ever seen bad guys even shudder at his think downward thumb?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathan quite easily.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kingant27

Just because Scathan defeated Protege by (disapproving), doesn't mean he is of that power level, all it means is that he lives up to his name, as Scathan the Approver; whereas Spectre could get as much power needed to defeat Scathan, either from his natural power, or from the Presence.

Still a great feat.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AudioRift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't it obvious that Scathan was granted power to keep Beyonder and Protege in check by the Living Tribunal during the trial? WASNT THAT CLEAR? I guess most just took it and ran with it like he was 2nd to Living Tribunal. All it says is that his opinion is highly regarded and he is there to watch and record, approve and thumb down. Nothing more. He is a Celestial, he is not One Above All of the Celestials...he is very powerful, but i feel like I am the only person on earth who thinks Scathan is just the guy Tribunal values as a friend and who values his opinion.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: lol, had a bit of a problem which is why I was away for a while but it is all good, now I am back, and fully committed