15. Cosmic Armour Superman/Thought Robot
  16. Emperor Joker
  17. World's Funniest Mr. Mxyzptlk
  18. Q from Star Trek
  19. COIE Anti-Monitor
  20. Lucifer Morningstar
  21. Michael Demiurgos
  22. The Great Evil Beast

How long will Scathan last and how well will he do each round?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whydama

Does not clear 9, 19,20,21,22,15,12

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ghostrider2

@whydama: i think he beats Big G and COIE and others but not sure, isnt he above LT?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By whydama

@GhostRider2:

Scathan is not even the most powerful celestial. The One Above All (Celestial) is the most powerful celestial.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By niBBit

Well it seems that people put Scathan above the Living Tribunal because of his feat against Protoge so he probably goes up to 22.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JackKnight

@whydama: No that title belongs to Tiamut The Dreaming Celestial.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ghostrider2

Yeah i know Toaa is suppose to be the most powerful.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dredeuced

Scathan is from a different universe and timeline, there's no reason to think the Celestial TOAA is stronger than him. TOAA was weaker than eternity, who is clearly weaker than LT. Scathan should be stronger. Same goes for Tiamut -- marvel 616 continuity and hierarchy isn't the same as Marvel-691

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By darkelf35

NO WAY he makes it past 14

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JackKnight

@darkelf35: I thought he wouldn't make it past round 12.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostrider2

@JackKnight: to me power cosmic>phoenix force and i think the phoenix force is getting stupid.I dont consider it above power cosmic.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he stops at 12. Phoenix Force is supposed to be more powerful than individual Celestials.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JackKnight

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: I was thinking the same, orthough did Scathan stop Protege who would slaughter everyone in this gauntlet (except GEB)?

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JackKnight said:

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: I was thinking the same, orthough did Scathan stop Protege who would slaughter everyone in this gauntlet (except GEB)?

i don't know, i think that's one of the biggest PIS ever made in Marvel history, but we can say that Scathan somehow just blinked Protege from coping powers and from seeing reality for a short moment, while LT used that device (eternal sands or something i don't remember the name) to stop him and absorb him.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimj87d

@GhostRider2 said:

@whydama: i think he beats Big G and COIE and others but not sure, isnt he above LT?

I along with many believe he is above Big G easily.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/galactus-vs-scathan/621251/

I would put him at the same level as LT for the reasons in the thread above.

It clearly says here that Scathan was key to saving reality:

These scans and teh whole issue can pretty much be found on google. But Scathan clearly held Protege down and subdued him. It says that Protege tried to srping out of Scathan's grasp but he couldn't. He became frozen almost. He then continues to handcuff and block his omnipresence completely.

It says here here that Scathan is the one blocking Protege's omnipresence. I highly doubt that Galactus could have done the same for LT.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JackKnight

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: Well that doesn't make any sence. Protege did cope the LT, Eternity, Hwak God, the Celestial and the GOTG and almost became the new One Above All yet Scathan beat him let people have said that Scathan is not as powerful as the LT? THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENCE!!!!!!!!! thats like if Spider-Man beat Dr Manhattan or something like that, GOD! no wonder people that story arc was crap! XD

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FiMFTW

MLP characters are way, way out of order. :P

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

A good post by:

Post by CortSether (2,000 posts) See mini bioLevel 8
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @CortSether said:

"Are you serious? The Tribunal was helpless against the powers of Protege which is why he needed Scathan to come and disapprove of him. When has the Living Tribunal ever relied on someone else to do the judging for him when he could easily do it on his own? It was clearly shown that the LT could do nothing. Way to just ignore evidence, buddy. "

Way yo try and use PIS as your evidence while ignoring the glaring plot hole of a celestial beating God. "
While I also first thought it was PIS, I later realized it was not after thinking about it some more. PIS is when a character performs a feat, or can not perform a feat that's outside and/or beyond/or below the inherent characters power-set. This is done to either defeat one that can not be defeated (at-least within a particular story)or to bring a story to an end. This was Protege's and Scathan's only appearances, so this was their character set powers, therefore no PIS was involved.

There is another way to look at it, the way it was portrayed on panel, and the way the official handbook supports what was portrayed on panel. Protege copied the full power of the LT/Eternity/Hawkgod/Beyonder/Mephisto/Malevolence & GOTG. Beyonder stated: "any and all Realitiesrests on the boys shoulders" ... (the Omniverse). The Writer himself then tells us how the LT/Eternity & Hawkgod feel about what Beyonder said. For the LT its: "logical confirmation" The LT had to draw on external power that was not his own to judge Protege. The LT's own official handbook bio tells us that Protege copied the LT's power and nearly usurped his position, (Protege was about to erase the LT and company) right before Scathan came through and stomped Protege with a gesture thus saving the Omniverse...just like it happened on-panel.

When Protege and Beyonder were fighting once again, they were interrupted by something incredible:
Protege & Beyonder's battle is interrupted.
Protege & Beyonder's battle is interrupted.

Guess who made this interruption?
Guess who made this interruption?

They end up on Scathan's hand:
No Caption Provided

Mephisto clearly states incredible power was used to cause an intra-dimensional confluence of that magnitude:
No Caption Provided

That's what was happening all that time in Scathan's hand,Protege was being judged by the LT.
No Caption Provided

Protege was able to copy this authoritative conjuncture because when LT is judging you the LT is also exercising its power. This explains why Protege had copied and surpassed LT's power, and we know for a fact Protege did surpass the LT, because the LT needed to use the Amulet to supplement his own power to deal with Protege. (I proved this with on panel evidence)

Here's Protege, clearly copying the Cosmic powers, including the LT's, just by observing the proceedings of his judgement: No power is being used by anyone, the only thing that is going on is LT's Judgement, and Eternity & Hawkgod adding to the drama with dialogue.
No Caption Provided

I gave you all the evidence needed. If you don't like it, write to Marvel and complain to them.
Edited 2 years, 10 months agoReply | Quote | Flag
JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JackKnight

@FiMFTW: Which order should they be in?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@JackKnight said:

@whydama: No that title belongs to Tiamut The Dreaming Celestial.

No, it doesn't. Tiamut has absolutely no feats suggesting this, the Fulcrum stating something vaguely (which implies something else) has little meaning. If we're to believe that the Fulcrum is Jack Kirby, is all-powerful (omnipotent) and all-knowing (omniscient), or is another name for/an aspect or manifestation of TOAA, then Tiamut is not going to be as powerful anyways.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FiMFTW

@JackKnight said:

@FiMFTW: Which order should they be in?

Elements of Harmony > Discord > Fully fed Chrysalis > Celestia = Luna > Average Chrysalis

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JackKnight

@FiMFTW: Oh ok ^_^ anyways how well does Scathan do in all 22 rounds?

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

Why do people think the other celestials are above Scathan? Really...Scathan gets past almost everyone but I'm not sure about how he would against Lucifer Micheal or the Beast

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FiMFTW

@JackKnight said:

@FiMFTW: Oh ok ^_^ anyways how well does Scathan do in all 22 rounds?

Assuming the featless MLP characters can't stop him lol

I'd say...anything after 15, 14 or maybe 13 defeat him.

Emperor Joker stomps him 10/10, I am sure of this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

If people's claims of Scathan to be > to the Living Tribunal are true, then yes, he clearly defeats Lucifer Morningstar.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JackKnight

@FiMFTW: I'd say he stomps though rounds 1-11, has abit of a challenge that rounds 12-14, stalemates that round 15, has a problam with rounds 16 and gets stomped that rounds 17-22. But then again he did stop Protege and Protege was more powerful them the Living Tribunal.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

Stops at 22.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JackKnight

@SlimJ87D: Thanks for telling me ;) or though I think Scathan is below the LT as All_Mighty_Beyonder said Scathan beating Protege is one of the biggest PIS ever made in Marvel history.

P.S. Protege whining and say "NO! I WANT TO BE THE ONE ABOVE ALL! THE POWER IS MEANT TO BE MINE! AL MINE!" is quite funny :) Him and Superboy-Prime would both get along just fine LOL! XD

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JackKnight

@NeonGameWave: Are you sure?

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears it.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NeonGameWave

@JackKnight: Yes, but it won`t be easy for Scathan, however I think he is above the LT.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rolldestroyer

stops at 17

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

Stops at 22, this crap about PIS has to stop.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathan is sooo overrated over than one scan with Protege, and The Living Tribunal.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By Killemall

Scathan is sooo overrated over than one scan with Protege, and The Living Tribunal.

Actually its not only one scan, throughout the story he was treated with uber respect, Living Tribunal himself waited for Scanthan to arrive and called him his approval, even after Protege was defeated Eternity looked at Scanthan asking for approval, so thats an on panel portrayal of Scanthan needing to approve something Living Tribunal just did. Living Tribunal, Eternity both showed utmost respect to Scanthan throughout the story too, and Beyonder exclaimed with awe at the very sight on Scanthan.

Think of it this way, a writer is writing a story about a kid, a kid who can copy power of anyone who demonstrate any of their ability. The kid is going to copy the power of a living tribunal, how do you have the kid beaten at the end? One way would be to have a character more powerful than Living Tribunal (so he can beat the kid), sit there and not demonstrate any of his powers (so the kid cant copy him power). Thats what Scanthan was in the story.

As much as it doesnt fit with the over-all chronology, its pretty clear that at least for the purpose of the story, Scanthan, from the get go was hinted to be at least on par if not above Living Tribunal. How? No one knows, perhaps the writer had too much weed to smoke :p

Let me know if you would like scans, :)

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

Actually its not only one scan, throughout the story he was treated with uber respect, Living Tribunal himself waited for Scanthan to arrive and called him his approval, even after Protege was defeated Eternity looked at Scanthan asking for approval, so thats an on panel portrayal of Scanthan needing to approve something Living Tribunal just did. Living Tribunal, Eternity both showed utmost respect to Scanthan throughout the story too, and Beyonder exclaimed with awe at the very sight on Scanthan.

Think of it this way, a writer is writing a story about a kid, a kid who can copy power of anyone who demonstrate any of their ability. The kid is going to copy the power of a living tribunal, how do you have the kid beaten at the end? One way would be to have a character more powerful than Living Tribunal (so he can beat the kid), sit there and not demonstrate any of his powers (so the kid cant copy him power). Thats what Scanthan was in the story.

As much as it doesnt fit with the over-all chronology, its pretty clear that at least for the purpose of the story, Scanthan, from the get go was hinted to be at least on par if not above Living Tribunal. How? No one knows, perhaps the writer had too much weed to smoke :p

Let me know if you would like scans, :)

I see and yes can I have them.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathan can take Galactus ?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why not? he stopped protege........

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:

but was that an outrageous high end feat ? or an actual legit play on his overall power ?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rolldestroyer

@rolldestroyer said:

@king_saturn said:

but was that an outrageous high end feat ? or an actual legit play on his overall power ?

he appeared in 5 issues only, so it's hard to say if this is a legit feat for him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I see and yes can I have them.

Sure here you go, sorry for the delayed reply.

Lets start my personal scan spammange :p

Firstly, after realizing that Protege is now a threat to the multiverse LT specifically waits from Scanthan to show up before he does anything, look at how much stress he puts in order to address Scanthan. LT tribunal doesnt show half as much respect to someone like Eternity, certainly shows Scanthan was different from normal Celestial, and was indeed written to be extremely powerful

No Caption Provided

Then Living Tribunal call Scanthan the approval, resonable to believe he was Living Tribunal's approval, because essential at the end of the series after Living Tribunal beats Protege, Eternity waits from Scanthan to approve the entire action with awe, and only after Scanthan has approved, an action performed by Living Tribunal himself, all is well.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, look at out very cocky Beyonder, show so much respect, and awe at the mere appearance of Scanthan.

Furthermore, where GOTG get manifested on Scanthan's hand, in a meeting of Eternity, Hawkgod, Protege, Beyonder and Living Tribunal, Beyonder seem to be more concerned with the wrath of Scanthan the Celestial above all else, certainly show he was never meant to have been a normal power celestial to begin with.

No Caption Provided

A not so convincing feat but lets put it anyways. Hawkgod wanted to show his disdain to Scanthan, Eternity thought it was ill-advised. So a near abstract level being, trying to fight Scanthan is ill adviced, certainly shows he isnt just an average celestial.

No Caption Provided

Again Protege Living Tribunal has to access more powers from from the amulate, Eternity and Hawkgod are helpless, let scanthan shows up and gives him a thumbs down Protege is instance restrained

Now scans take away the celestial muzzle, physically restrain Protege, Living Tribunal absorbs him using the Eternal Hourglass, and after having done all that, Eternity looks for Scanthan approval before proceeding. Scanthan thanksfully says OK and its all good and dandy.

One bio saying Scanthan Saved the day is already posted above, lets look at another bio, from Marvel Handbook 2006 :)

No Caption Provided

Pretty clear that it was Scanthan Judgement that is what helped in the defeat of Protege.

He has very limited appearences, and thats his only feat performed something that backed by 2 bios, so very hard to argue against. We also know that everytime Scanthan was mentioned Eternity, Living Tribunal and Beyonder put him in utmost respect, so it was pretty clear he was supposed to be pretty freakin powerful from the get go.

Also think of this way, a story in which a kid has the ability to copy anyone's power who use their powers, and is going to copy Living Tribunal's own power, how do you end the issue. One possible explanation is to have a character more powerful than Living Tribunal , so he can beat Protege in the end, but make sure he doesnt showcase any powers till the end, which is pretty much what happened.

Scans are above anyways, let me know if you agree :)

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: The Living Marvel Comic Book Encyclopedia does it again :)

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkelf35: Well Scathan did stop Protege and Protege would make mincmeat out of everyone in this gauntlet (except for Great Evil Beast).

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkelf35: Well Scathan did stop Protege and Protege would make mincmeat out of everyone in this gauntlet (except for Great Evil Beast).

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By owie  Moderator

Here's my take on Scathan's power level.

Scathan is treated with great respect by the Tribunal. Clearly Scathan has great power. To me the biggest question is, is he more powerful than the Tribunal, or somewhere below him? I am going to argue that Scathan is (probably slightly) below him.

First, he does absolutely nothing to show his power until the last issue, and even that is basically one act: to contain Protege. Protege has been absorbing powers all this time, but we don't know exactly whose. Perhaps some of the Tribunal's, but not all of it, because Protege can only absorb those powers he sees used directly in front of him (as was seen earlier when he couldn't absorb the Beyonder's powers to escape the Beyonder's prison until the Beyonder used his powers, at which point Protege copied them), and the Tribunal hasn't been using his powers much at all.

So Protege's power level is completely undefined. He says he's the new One Above All, but there's no reason to think he's actually achieved that level. For one thing, clearly the actual One Above All has more power than the aggregate of those few beings in attendance. So at best Protege has all of their combined power, and I would argue he has far less than that, because they haven't been using their power much in front of him. I would especially argue that there's no specific reason to believe he has even become as powerful as the Tribunal: he does nothing to the Tribunal, and the Tribunal does nothing to him, so we have no evidence for their specific relative power levels.

So anyway, Protege says he's the One Above All, and Scathan does not approve, and he blasts Protege. If you look closely at the panel (which is annoying small and undetailed), most of the characters, including Eternity, are knocked around in this blast, but the Tribunal, whom we only see slightly, does not seem to be. As far as I can tell, he seems to be standing there solidly.

No Caption Provided

In the second picture, we don't see the LT at all.

No Caption Provided

Then Scathan makes Protege his captive. However, this does not prove that he did something the Tribunal could not. In fact, it could be evidence of the other way around. If we think of the Tribunal as Scathan's superior, like a Judge and a Bailiff, then it makes sense that the Tribunal may actually want Scathan to take care of it. He wouldn't want to dirty his hands with the actual fighting. And this fits with the Tribunal's standard behavior: he typically gets others to act for him. So basically the Tribunal waits and lets his subordinates take care of business.

No Caption Provided

He gets Scathan to cuff Protege, and the Tribunal pronounces his sentence. All this time, the Tribunal is clearly in charge. He tells Scathan what to do: take off the cuffs, etc. At no point is Scathan telling the Tribunal what to do.

Then Scathan takes off the cuffs and holds Protege while the Tribunal makes the Eternal Hourglass, lets it absorb Protege, and absorbs it into himself. This implies that the Tribunal is the one with the greater power. Scathan only imprisoned Protege; the Tribunal is the one who essentially destroyed him and absorbed him. It seems to me that destroying/absorbing takes more power than imprisoning.

No Caption Provided

Now, the LT did use the Eye of Agomatto to amp himself here, but exactly how is unknown. Who knows, maybe he used it to help Scathan. Maybe he used it to make the Eternal Hourglass. Maybe he was using its powers the whole time, so Protege could only copy those powers and not his powers. Maybe something else. In any case, there's still no evidence that Scathan could do anything the LT couldn't do.

Finally, let's look at the Tribunal's words earlier in the arc. First, the Tribunal says specifically that there is only one more powerful than him. Now he could either be referring to Scathan or the One Above All. And in another arc, I could be theoretically argued into believing that he was not be referring to TOAA, because TOAA is sort of a random being and often ignored in Marvel cosmology. But TOAA is specifically referenced a number of times in this arc, so it would be silly if the Tribunal was not referring to TOAA in this panel. He wouldn't mean, "Impossible! There is only one above the Living Tribunal, as long as you're not counting the One Above All." That seems too silly and parenthetical for the Tribunal. And, in fact, he talks directly about Scathan on the same page, so certainly if he was referencing him here, he would mention him by name. So if TOAA is the only one more powerful than the LT, then Scathan is below the LT.

No Caption Provided

On that same page, he says that Scathan "comes only to observe and record my judgement upon you both." This makes it sound like Scathan is working for the Tribunal. His job is passive. This does not sound like a job for someone more powerful than the Tribunal.

No Caption Provided

As for the two bios shown, neither says says anything about the relative power level between the LT and Scathan.

So where is Scathan (in this alternate universe)? I would say he's below the Tribunal and above Eternity, based on the way the Tribunal treats Scathan with respect and Eternity with less respect, and also because in the panel where Scathan blasts Protege, Eternity looks like he's getting knocked around.

To sum up:

--There's no on-panel evidence that Protege was stronger than the Tribunal, because the Tribunal never even tried to stop him.

--There is also no on-panel evidence that Scathan was more powerful than the Tribunal. It's not like we saw the Tribunal try to act and fail, and then we saw Scathan succeed; instead the Tribunal just stood by and waited while Scathan acted, implying that he didn't have to bother doing it himself.

--Also, the Tribunal is the one who actually absorbed Protege, Scathan only held him, and between the two actions, the Tribunal's seems to require more power.

--Finally, the Tribunal says there is only one above him, and that must mean TOAA.

--He also says Scathan is only there to record his judgements, which implies a subordinate role for Scathan.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Ok thanks for telling me that ;)

anyways how well does Scathan do each round?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 owie  Moderator

@owie: Ok thanks for telling me that ;)

anyways how well does Scathan do each round?

I don't know the details of all the characters on the list. If Eternity could beat the ones at the very top, then I'd say Scathan could. If it would take the Tribunal to beat the top characters, then maybe, maybe not. :)

It's hard to say because he's from an alternate universe, so none of the characters in his arc necessarily have the same power level as in 616, so there's little direct comparison, and he only has one feat.