#1 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter in NYC.

First round- morals on

Second round- morals off

Wolverine & the X-Men
Avengers Vs X-Men #8 - Scarlet against Namor
#2 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10232 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on which version of Wanda this is. Current Wanda then I think it could go either way. If this is pre-HoM Wanda then I think Rachel would win in both rounds.

#3 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

RACHEL... wanda is naughtayyy ^o^

#4 Posted by darthphoenix (686 posts) - - Show Bio

rachel

#5 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel for both rounds IMO.

#6 Posted by Owie (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tough call. They probably have approximately equal power levels now. So in a way, it comes down to speed and efficiency. Wanda's power is usually shown as being a kind of magical energy bolt these days, which means she has to hit you. Now I know she has other magical powers, but doesn't use them as often. Whereas Rachel can theoretically just soak Wanda's brain with a fairly instantaneous psi-overload and knock her out, and doesn't have to aim to do it.

Wanda may be immune to psi attacks (it seems like everybody and their brother is these days) but I'm not aware of that off the top of my head. If not, it seems like Rachel wins.

On the other hand, if this comes down to Rachel's TK vs Wanda's magic/hex bolts, then it could go either way.

I wonder how the most powerful version of Rachel (with Phoenix) would do against the most powerful version of Wanda (with Life Force).

#7 Posted by chiq (1932 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

It's a tough call. They probably have approximately equal power levels now. So in a way, it comes down to speed and efficiency. Wanda's power is usually shown as being a kind of magical energy bolt these days, which means she has to hit you. Now I know she has other magical powers, but doesn't use them as often. Whereas Rachel can theoretically just soak Wanda's brain with a fairly instantaneous psi-overload and knock her out, and doesn't have to aim to do it.

Wanda may be immune to psi attacks (it seems like everybody and their brother is these days) but I'm not aware of that off the top of my head. If not, it seems like Rachel wins.

On the other hand, if this comes down to Rachel's TK vs Wanda's magic/hex bolts, then it could go either way.

I wonder how the most powerful version of Rachel (with Phoenix) would do against the most powerful version of Wanda (with Life Force).

Interesting fight. Didn't Wanda get mind controlled by the Red Skull in Uncanny Avengers recently? Yeah not too sure on where Wanda's tp immunity or resistance stands nowadays...

#8 Posted by Owie (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Interesting fight. Didn't Wanda get mind controlled by the Red Skull in Uncanny Avengers recently? Yeah not too sure on where Wanda's tp immunity or resistance stands nowadays...

I'm not sure. I only read the first issue. But I think you might be right. I recall that they stole Xavier's brain and were doing something to it.

#9 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10232 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@Owie said:

She did. She was also effected by Emma Frost's telepathy as well toward the end of Children's Crusade IIRC.

#10 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq:

Yeah, I was about to say Red Skull just used mind control on Wanda. Granted he had Xavier's powers but still he was successful.

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel.