• 52 results
Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fight starts in New York.No Bloodlust.No prep time.Win by death.

Scarlet Witch has all her powers ofalteration of reality and hex bolts and Polaris is all powered

VS.
VS.
No Caption Provided
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sandiego008

going with the one with a crappy costume ... and rhymes with harlot hitch ... well kinda rhymes.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By charlieboy

i don't really see how polaris' costume is any better. and wanda wins this easily. 

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy said:

i don't really see how polaris' costume is any better. and wanda wins this easily.

shows more skin ... but seriously ... the BIG headpiece on wanda .. i just can't take it. Polaris has one but it isn't so dominant.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By charlieboy
@sandiego008: i have always liked her costume. fairly original for the time that it was created. 
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Phylos

Reality Warping > Everything Polaris tries.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheThe

@charlieboy said:

@sandiego008: i have always liked her costume. fairly original for the time that it was created.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By charlieboy

she doesn't even need the house of m powers to win. her hex powers would work just fine. 

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy said:

I've always hated it ... the headpiece does not say witch to me at all ... its just ... random head attire ... i don't need a long pointy hat ... but whatever she has going on w/ the head piece ... says more sorcerer than witch ... i guess thats why i hate it.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By charlieboy
@sandiego008: that's cool. it never really bothered me but everybody is different. 
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212

Scar

bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well Polaris is near at Magneto level and she has electrokinesis and magnetic fields

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I haven't seen anything from Lorna to suggest that she is near Magneto in terms of raw power or skill. If this was hex bolts only Wanda, I can see this going either way in a quick draw. With Wanda's reality warping powers, I believe she still has human level durability, so a successful hit from an EM force blast could still kill or KO her, but this power set gives the edge for the win.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MenaceForever2

Spite in Wanda's favor

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Man, say what you want about the Watchmen movie, but that intro is pretty, preeeetty spectacular.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@daak1212 said:

Scar

bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch: agreed

bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THUNDERBOLT30: well in marvel universe wiki in the official site they say that the powers of Polaris are near Magneto level's,and I'm new here and I'm sounding like a noob but what EM means?

bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THUNDERBOLT30: and just to complete this the reality warping Wanda

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@bansheesonicscream: Lol...no worries. EM stands for electromagnetic (or electromagnetism). I wouldn't trust too much in the wiki's. While some of the data is good and useful as a summary overview of the character, a lot of what has been stated on the wiki's can be errorneous since the wiki's can be edited by basically anyone. I think Polaris is VERY powerful and skilled (most powerful on X-Factor and one of the most powerfulmutants over all IMO) but, based on feats and what both characters have done in continuity, Magneto is WELL beyond Polaris. She has the potential to ahcieve what Magento has, but I have not seen her do anything at this point to consider her to at or near his level.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magethor

Polaris can win, but she would have to use her powers to mind wipe Scarlet. If this is HOM Scarlet, I doubt she would give Polaris the opportunity.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By jmc247

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@bansheesonicscream: Lol...no worries. EM stands for electromagnetic (or electromagnetism). I wouldn't trust too much in the wiki's. While some of the data is good and useful as a summary overview of the character, a lot of what has been stated on the wiki's can be errorneous since the wiki's can be edited by basically anyone. I think Polaris is VERY powerful and skilled (most powerful on X-Factor and one of the most powerfulmutants over all IMO) but, based on feats and what both characters have done in continuity, Magneto is WELL beyond Polaris. She has the potential to ahcieve what Magento has, but I have not seen her do anything at this point to consider her to at or near his level.

Polaris held up an entire ocean at the center of a planet which at its core held a prison in Kingbreaker #4. Lorna and Magneto both use external electromagnetic fields and channel it through their nervous system. In terms of ability to channel and use energy I see zero difference between them.

Where there is a difference is he has 60+ years of experience at minipulating electromagnetism and she has maybe a decade along with 6 months training with Magneto to use her powers Marvel time. Its skill at minipulating electromagnetism that seperates Lorna and Magneto not raw power.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chronus

Scarlet Witch.

@texasdeathmatch said:

Man, say what you want about the Watchmen movie, but that intro is pretty, preeeetty spectacular.

The intro is great when it uses Bob Dylan's vocals.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jorgevy

Great Watchmen video

and I never noticed how cute Polaris is until I saw this pic...

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who makes the 1st move.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jmc247 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Polaris held up an entire ocean at the center of a planet which at its core held a prison in Kingbreaker #4. Lorna and Magneto both use external electromagnetic fields and channel it through their nervous system. In terms of ability to channel and use energy I see zero difference between them.

Where there is a difference is he has 60+ years of experience at minipulating electromagnetism and she has maybe a decade along with 6 months training with Magneto to use her powers Marvel time. Its skill at minipulating electromagnetism that seperates Lorna and Magneto not raw power.

Not to derail this thread or slight on Lorna or anything, but it's skill AND raw power that separates Polaris and Magneto. I don't recall her "holding up an entire ocean" in King Breaker, but she did magnetically reinforce and hold the ceiling, with notable difficulty, to keep the ocean from breaking through the hole in the ceiling. Magneto's showings of raw power, with even Lorna herself being impressived by how much more of the planet's energy he was able to channel through her during The Twelve story arc IIRC, are much more compelling than Lorna's.

Avatar image for deactivated-622aa52778ac3
deactivated-622aa52778ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Maximoff. Her powers are crazy.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By jmc247

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@jmc247 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Not to derail this thread or slight on Lorna or anything, but it's skill AND raw power that separates Polaris and Magneto. I don't recall her "holding up an entire ocean" in King Breaker, but she did magnetically reinforce and hold the ceiling, with notable difficulty, to keep the ocean from breaking through the hole in the ceiling. Magneto's showings of raw power, with even Lorna herself being impressived by how much more of the planet's energy he was able to channel through her during The Twelve story arc IIRC, are much more compelling than Lorna's.

You are talking to a Magneto fanboy himself and I know how his power works. And, you are comparing Lorna at a time before she even connected her powers to the Earth's EM spectrum. Ages of Poccy was the first time she connected to the Earth's EM field. She has made a quantum leap in terms of power over the past decade because she learned from 6 months on Genosha with Magneto how to connect to other celestial objects electromagnetic fields

How his power works, Joseph's power works, and Lorna's power works is they leeach off external EM energy sources. Planets are big ones, but stars are the biggest. But, its skill not raw power that gives Magneto the current edge over Joseph or Lorna.

Avatar image for silver_sorceress_
Silver_Sorceress_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda wins easily.

Polaris stands no chance against Wanda's reality manipulation. After all, Wanda is a Nexus Being while Magneto wasn't, and Lorna isn't as powerful as Magneto (Yet.........). (But I honestly doubt Wanda would hurt her sister)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Thor-Parker

Bump

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Based on the pic, Scarlet Witch seems to facing off against Scarlet Witch, pretty unusual matchup

Anyway, Wanda is massively nerfed by her strong morals and fear over losing control of her powers again. She's a glass cannon, so a single strong hit by Polaris could take her out. The problem is that they are both technically sisters (through not by birth) so it's doubtful that any of them will be going all out here.

It really depends on who hits first.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the pic, Scarlet Witch seems to facing off against Scarlet Witch, pretty unusual matchup

Anyway, Wanda is massively nerfed by her strong morals and fear over losing control of her powers again. She's a glass cannon, so a single strong hit by Polaris could take her out. The problem is that they are both technically sisters (through not by birth) so it's doubtful that any of them will be going all out here.

It really depends on who hits first.

They are sisters, that stupid retcon about Magneto not being their real father is bs and will probably be retconned back again sometime in the future considering Marvel already has the X-Men rights once more.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@thor_parker82: Nah man, Mastermind manipulated her memories to make her think that, even tho that's a power that he's used only once ever

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wanda stomps.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Nah man, Mastermind manipulated her memories to make her think that, even tho that's a power that he's used only once ever

Wait wut ? Matermind manipulated Polaris into thinking she was Magneto's daughter ? Which story was that ?

EasternGlider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda mops the floor with Polaris.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta said:

Wait wut ? Matermind manipulated Polaris into thinking she was Magneto's daughter ? Which story was that ?

It wasn't exactly like that, but it was explained that Magneto had a affair with some random chick, she had Polaris, and it was hidden from the father at the time. When he found out, there was a bit of drama between the pair on a plane and Polaris accidently killed them both by crushing.

Mastermind edited her memories so that she would forget what happened and what she heard, cuz reasons

My Mastermind Respect Thread goes over the scans of this issue and more, so check it out.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda.

Wanda mops the floor with Polaris.

Then why was Wanda afraid of Polaris on the last issue of Chuck Austen's run ? That's why I bumped the thread, I saw Wanda being afraid of Lorna and thought it was wrong, so came here to get some answers.

EasternGlider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EasternGlider

@thor_parker82: Reality Manipulation > Magnetic Field Manipulation. If Wanda was limited to hex bolts, I’d make a case for Lorna. Also, I’d argue that Austen wasn’t one of the better Uncanny writers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d28a8d99844a
deactivated-5d28a8d99844a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda warps her

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thor-Parker

@easternglider said:

@thor_parker82: Reality Manipulation > Magnetic Field Manipulation. If Wanda was limited to hex bolts, I’d make a case for Lorna. Also, I’d argue that Austen wasn’t one of the better Uncanny writers.

I mean, obviously HOM Wanda would stomp, but what I'd like to know is how regular/current Wanda would do in a battle against Polaris.

As for Chuck Austen, his writing of power levels was very inconsistent, but story wise, I found his run enjoyable, don't know why it gets hated, and I literally read it all for the first time these past two weeks, I'm trying to get caught up on everything X-Men from the 2000s onwards.

EasternGlider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EasternGlider

@thor_parker82: Wanda has more mentionable feats under her belt and better hax powers, in which she has access to in this scenario. Current Wanda would still give her a good fight and 7/10 times win too ( and that’s being generous to Lorna).

As for all the hate for Austen, he’s just not a good writer. The way he writes his characters is typical and seems to always stray from their individual personalities. The main reason he was given a fair wrap was because of the time he came in and who he knew. X-men were golden after Morrison’s run. Even though I wasn’t the biggest fan of the art, the arc stories were top tier to me. Ultimately though, the only reason Austen achieved any success is because of who he knew in the industry (Moore). Most of his arcs were meh, but his artwork on the other hand is reputable IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d28a8d99844a
deactivated-5d28a8d99844a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thor-Parker

@easternglider said:

@thor_parker82: Wanda has more mentionable feats under her belt and better hax powers, in which she has access to in this scenario. Current Wanda would still give her a good fight and 7/10 times win too ( and that’s being generous to Lorna).

As for all the hate for Austen, he’s just not a good writer. The way he writes his characters is typical and seems to always stray from their individual personalities. The main reason he was given a fair wrap was because of the time he came in and who he knew. X-men were golden after Morrison’s run. Even though I wasn’t the biggest fan of the art, the arc stories were top tier to me. Ultimately though, the only reason Austen achieved any success is because of who he knew in the industry (Moore). Most of his arcs were meh, but his artwork on the other hand is reputable IMO.

I see, I knew something was off about Wanda being scared of Lorna and not fighting her, I mean, even if she was indeed weaker, it's not Wanda's character to just run away from a fight because she thinks she'll lose.

I can see the criticisms and the questionable portrayal of characters, but I just think they get overblown, his stories were nothing outstanding, but it was enjoyable IMO, and I liked what he did with Juggernaut and the boy Sammy. But of course, Grant Morrison's X-Men was out of this world, that book was amazing, same as Astonishing X-Men by Whedon.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By marygcrisostomo

Polaris crumples Wanda by manipulating the iron in her blood

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polaris is pretty good, but Wanda is faaar better.

Magnetism < Reality Manipulation.

comicvinetest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not even close. Wanda curbstomps

Polaris crumples Wanda by manipulating the iron in her blood

Polaris will end up crumping herself once her powers are turned back on her by a hex bolt

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda takes this.