Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Fight is to the Death
  • Fight is random encounter
  • No prep or Knowledge
  • Fight takes place in the streets of Manhattan.

Who wins? And why?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda most likely. She has shown better TP feats. However, if she freezes even for a second, Grodd would one shot her.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Wanda most likely. She has shown better TP feats. However, if she freezes even for a second, Grodd would one shot her.

Dude,, this is the first time I have ever seen you take a mcu member... I don't know if sw would know how to use her powers well enough to beat Grodd.. She was being directed in the age of ultron movie and Pietro still had to protect her.. I do agree she has the better tp feats... I'm just not sure if she can do it on her own...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:
@rbt said:

Dude,, this is the first time I have ever seen you take a mcu member...

I don't think MCU characters are weak. They're overrated. Its hard to argue for a MCU character when they are constantly being put in matches with opponents out of their league. But once in a while, a decent, balanced battle such as this is posted and I take side of whoever I think wins.

I don't know if sw would know how to use her powers well enough to beat Grodd.. She was being directed in the age of ultron movie and Pietro still had to protect her.. I do agree she has the better tp feats... I'm just not sure if she can do it on her own...

That's why I said that "if she freezes even for a second, Grodd would one shot her." While Wanda has ranged attacks such as TK, which she was using very effectively, and better TP feats, she is vastly outclassed by Grodd is strength, durability and speed. Assuming that they start 20ft apart, if Wanda doesn't take Grodd down quickly, he might be able to beat her. But I'll still take her for a decent majority.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@newecho said:
@rbt said:

I don't think MCU characters are weak. They're overrated. Its hard to argue for a MCU character when they are constantly being put in matches with opponents out of their league. But once in a while, a decent, balanced battle such as this is posted and I take side of whoever I think wins.

I don't know if sw would know how to use her powers well enough to beat Grodd.. She was being directed in the age of ultron movie and Pietro still had to protect her.. I do agree she has the better tp feats... I'm just not sure if she can do it on her own...

That's why I said that "if she freezes even for a second, Grodd would one shot her." While Wanda has ranged attacks such as TK, which she was using very effectively, and better TP feats, she is vastly outclassed by Grodd is strength, durability and speed. Assuming that they start 20ft apart, if Wanda doesn't take Grodd down quickly, he might be able to beat her. But I'll still take her for a decent majority.

would she know what to do tho? I think she freezes..Vision had to save her too and she has shields and didn't know to use them... I do believe she is far more powerful than grodd but I just don't think she will do what she needs to do without someone saying hey do this.... btw you overrate the arrowverse : P haha I am just playing...

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking Grodd. Simply because we have seen Wanda get overwhelmed in her mind a few times. She has the better TP feats but we don't know how that will hold up against another TP user. Her TK is what matters here as it it strong offensively. Defensively however, it showed to be on the weak side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if either one will be able to TP mess with each other. Wanda would be the better TP but that doesn't mean she can control someone else with TP. Wanda's TK is impressive but Grodd tanked a supersonic punch and a train without injury.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stormdriven

Wanda. Better TP, and Grodd has no answer for her TK. But if he gets up close, he breaks her in half.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda. Better TP, and Grodd has no answer for her TK. But if he gets up close, he breaks her in half.

Grodd is really durable though. Tanked a supersonic punch and a train, no injury.

Avatar image for the_new_avenger
The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I wouldn't say he tanked it, he used his strength and caught the punch.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stormdriven

@heatforce: He still has no way around her TK though. And she's also bent vibranium with it, so there's that.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:
@rbt said:
@newecho said:
@rbt said:

would she know what to do tho? I think she freezes..Vision had to save her too and she has shields and didn't know to use them... I do believe she is far more powerful than grodd but I just don't think she will do what she needs to do without someone saying hey do this....

Depends on the situation, tbh.

btw you overrate the arrowverse : P haha I am just playing...

I really don't.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the Scarlet Witch we are talking about, right?

Loading Video...

How does Grodd even get close to her?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WastelandMan

Wanda stomps. Her TP is better and she could just tear him in half with TK. He should never even get near her.

TheOneAboveYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheOneAboveYou

Wanda wins 8/10. I can see Grodd taking a few wins, one of his blows and she is out. Maybe his TP is strong enough to at least hold her TK for a while, giving him the chance he needs to take her down.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply because we have seen Wanda get overwhelmed in her mind a few times.

When......?

She has the better TP feats but we don't know how that will hold up against another TP user.

Same can be said about Grodd.

Defensively however, it showed to be on the weak side.

Her shields have tanked more damage than what Grodd has been shown to put out. The most he's done strength wise was throw Barry through a brick wall. Wanda's shields have tanked 5 shots from an Ultron bot's cannon which a single shot of which can tear and bend steel doors of their hinges.........and she had low confidence in that instance too.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda easily

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking Grodd. Simply because we have seen Wanda get overwhelmed in her mind a few times. She has the better TP feats but we don't know how that will hold up against another TP user. Her TK is what matters here as it it strong offensively. Defensively however, it showed to be on the weak side.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wanda should win she can literally rip him apart with her TK.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well using morals Id say Grodd cause Wanda was kinda a wimp until QS died.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Grodd is too strong for her I think, and assuming morals are on he definetly takes it.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc said:

This is the Scarlet Witch we are talking about, right?

Loading Video...

How does Grodd even get close to her?

She had to be directed most of the movie.. She is more powerful but will she use her powers like she is supposed to? She had to be saved and protected a few times in that movie... If she knew how to use her powers,, she wouldn't need that... I think if she goes all out, then she wins easy but that's not something we can say she will do right off the bat. We do know Grodd will...

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: she had to be directed before hawkeyes talk. After that she only took orders and then made her own decision to defend the reactor. And before you say that she took orders, so has thor and hulk... but you cant say that they cant act on their own. She only needed direction in the beginning and when she was scared during the war part. Least as my memory serves haha

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: she had to be directed before hawkeyes talk. After that she only took orders and then made her own decision to defend the reactor. And before you say that she took orders, so has thor and hulk... but you cant say that they cant act on their own. She only needed direction in the beginning and when she was scared during the war part. Least as my memory serves haha

She had to be saved by vision at the end of the movie.. That's kind of the aha moment for us comic fans because we know they got married.. My thing is she had to be protected the whole movie. I do think her tk and tp is >>> Grodd but his physical prowess could easily scare her and then its over for her.. BTW I have the worst memory : P

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nerdchore

@m_man said:
@nerdchore said:

Simply because we have seen Wanda get overwhelmed in her mind a few times.

When......?

She has the better TP feats but we don't know how that will hold up against another TP user.

Same can be said about Grodd.

Defensively however, it showed to be on the weak side.

Her shields have tanked more damage than what Grodd has been shown to put out. The most he's done strength wise was throw Barry through a brick wall. Wanda's shields have tanked 5 shots from an Ultron bot's cannon which a single shot of which can tear and bend steel doors of their hinges.........and she had low confidence in that instance too.

Sorry for the late reply. been busy.

Wanda got overwhelmed by peaking at vision's mind and also when she was nabbed by hawkeye's arrow. She also couldn';t handle the ultron bots coming at her until hawkeye pep talked her.

her shields were taken down fairly quickly by fodder ultron bots that got one shotted by widow and the rest of the avengers. Her only way if winning is by her going morals off and tk'ing grodd.

she hasn't been known to use tk unless its morals off, otherwise she needed directing and protecting from qs.

Also in a random encounter grodd has the advantage. sw hasnt really shown to be able to react to random encounters without qs or prep talks.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: The only reason she needed to be saved by Vision was because she can't fly, since the city was falling out of the sky.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: she can fly. She just don't know it yet lol.. BTW I wasn't really counting that .. I still think she is by far more powerful but I do believe she can be spooked and can freeze.

Invictus22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She utterly destroys him.

Telepathically she wrecked many people whereas he couldn't even properly mind control the flash.

She wrecked ultrons armour and pulled out his core, if she hits him with an energy blast or telekinetic attack like that he is going to die.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She utterly destroys him.

Telepathically she wrecked many people whereas he couldn't even properly mind control the flash.

She wrecked ultrons armour and pulled out his core, if she hits him with an energy blast or telekinetic attack like that he is going to die.

She has greater tp feats yet. You are also forgetting the multiple people he successfully controlled before him. Flash using willpower to break free is more a showing for barry then for grodd. he successfully mind controlled a few people and had them rob banks and commit murders iirc.

her tk are powerful, however this is after she was emotional from qs dying and getting a pep talk by hawkey to join the fight. before that she was cowering and scared. unless she is morals off, she can be spooked and freeze and caught off guard, especially since this is a random encounter.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: @newecho: This fight is to the death, so why would she get spooked? Regardless, it's clear she moved past being scared after her talk with Clint, so why would she be spooked now?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: He still has no way around her TK though. And she's also bent vibranium with it, so there's that.

I don't remember that. Please remind me?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: she did and she felt part of the team. however, this is a new city with no one she knows, we haven't really seen her on her own with her brother protecting her. we have seen her get spooked and rely on him for direction. in a random encounter we don't know how she will respond to a giant gorllia. we have seen that initially she gets spooked by things.

also a fight to the death doesn't mean morals off, just means one has to die for the battle to end.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool man.

Wanda got overwhelmed by peaking at vision's mind and also when she was nabbed by hawkeye's arrow. She also couldn';t handle the ultron bots coming at her until hawkeye pep talked her.

She was scared because she saw Ultron's genocidal plan. Getting hit by Hawkeye's arrow doesn't have anything to do with her TP. Yes, she had low confidence but by the end of the movie after the pep talk and having her brother killed she had full confidence. She developed as a character and we assume it's her by the end of the film at her peak for the sake of the battle.

her shields were taken down fairly quickly by fodder ultron bots that got one shotted by widow and the rest of the avengers. Her only way if winning is by her going morals off and tk'ing grodd.

As I stated, her shields got taken down by energy bolts that tear and bend steel doors off their hinges.........and Wanda tanked 5 shots of them before her shields broke with a 6th shot. Grodd doesn't have that physical damage output. The Ultron bots getting one-shotted have NOTHING to do with how much damage their cannons can do.

she hasn't been known to use tk unless its morals off, otherwise she needed directing and protecting from qs.

This is completely false. She used TK throughout the entire film without Quicksilver. The very first ability she used was TK (on Cap). She used TK the instant someone tried to draw a gun on her. She used TK to stop Ultron from killing Cap. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Also in a random encounter grodd has the advantage. sw hasnt really shown to be able to react to random encounters without qs or prep talks.

She has fought without Quicksilver or a pep talk so again I don't know what you're talking about. Even if that were true, by the end of the film she has full confidence and, once more, we assume she's at her peak.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WastelandMan

@nerdchore said:

@stormdriven: she did and she felt part of the team. however, this is a new city with no one she knows, we haven't really seen her on her own with her brother protecting her. we have seen her get spooked and rely on him for direction. in a random encounter we don't know how she will respond to a giant gorllia. we have seen that initially she gets spooked by things.

also a fight to the death doesn't mean morals off, just means one has to die for the battle to end.

Again, her character developed. She doesn't need Hawkeye or Quicksilver. She showed wrecking Ultron bots left and right without Quicksilver or Hawkeye. Also, an army of killer robots with lasers is more intimidating than a gorilla. You using Wanda before her character was developed is like you using Spider-Man from Sam Raimi's film before he mastered his powers and had his super hero mentality. Again, both developed their characters and moved past their inadequacies. It doesn't make sense.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@nerdchore said:

It's cool man.

She was scared because she saw Ultron's genocidal plan. Getting hit by Hawkeye's arrow doesn't have anything to do with her TP. Yes, she had low confidence but by the end of the movie after the pep talk and having her brother killed she had full confidence. She developed as a character and we assume it's her by the end of the film at her peak for the sake of the battle.

As I stated, her shields got taken down by energy bolts that tear and bend steel doors off their hinges.........and Wanda tanked 5 shots of them before her shields broke with a 6th shot. Grodd doesn't have that physical damage output. The Ultron bots getting one-shotted have NOTHING to do with how much damage their cannons can do.

This is completely false. She used TK throughout the entire film without Quicksilver. The very first ability she used was TK (on Cap). She used TK the instant someone tried to draw a gun on her. She used TK to stop Ultron from killing Cap. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

She has fought without Quicksilver or a pep talk so again I don't know what you're talking about. Even if that were true, by the end of the film she has full confidence and, once more, we assume she's at her peak.

ah good point, I completely forgot about those few blasts at cap she did.

even at full confidence however, we haven't really seen how she survives on her own in a new place without her brother. this is a random encounter, not a face off. so using energy shields and tp won't be her go to moves. she will mostly likely shoot a tk blast which unless she is suing all her strength wont stop grodd rampaging toward her. at once he is close she gets snapped in half.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how sw is basically portrayed as gladiator in this fight haha.. if shes confident she can win but otherwise not

But seriously i dont remember vision needing to save her, but regardless vision is much more powerful so I can see why against ultron she would need it. Plus it was only her first appearance and first time battling

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WastelandMan

@nerdchore said:

even at full confidence however, we haven't really seen how she survives on her own in a new place without her brother. this is a random encounter, not a face off. so using energy shields and tp won't be her go to moves. she will mostly likely shoot a tk blast which unless she is suing all her strength wont stop grodd rampaging toward her. at once he is close she gets snapped in half.

This is all assuming she can't TP him which is a strong probability because of her superior feats with it. If she sees her usual TK doesn't stop him, she can just amp it up. She is quite fast after all having TK'd someones arm the instant a gun was drawn. Also the ignorance of a random encounter works both ways, even her usual TK could surprise and catch Grodd off guard not suspecting it. Maybe Grodd can wins some round in a random encounter (again, assuming Wanda can't just TP him) but the majority should go to Wanda.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: it would be close either way. I'm not gonna rgue tp since we really have no idea how that battle would go down. its a matter of how quickly she can tk grodd before he grabs her, and the nature in which they come across each other.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stormdriven

@heatforce: When she ripped Ultron's power core out of his chest.

JusticeWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just not sure , you have one who is a super-strong gorilla with TP strong enough to effect Flash .
SW has no other way but to TP attack him , any otherway Grodd will tear her in half .
Grodd for the win 6/10 .

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stormdriven

@justiceway: He's helpless against her telekinesis though

JusticeWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot about that .
If she pulls that off she would totally win .

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WastelandMan

@justiceway said:

I'm just not sure , you have one who is a super-strong gorilla with TP strong enough to effect Flash .

You act like Flash has strong TP resistance. Anyway, Wanda has TP'd and mind controlled hundreds of people at the same time.

SW has no other way but to TP attack him , any otherway Grodd will tear her in half .

She has TK strong enough to stop speeding trains and completely disintegrate Ultron bots:

No Caption Provided

Grodd for the win 6/10 .

No.

JusticeWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@justiceway said:

You act like Flash has strong TP resistance. Anyway, Wanda has TP'd and mind controlled hundreds of people at the same time.

She has TK strong enough to stop speeding trains and completely disintegrate Ultron bots:

No Caption Provided

Grodd for the win 6/10 .

No.

You should maybe read my second comment , no ?

@stormdriven said:

Forgot about that .

If she pulls that off she would totally win .

CW Flash's brain was also working in a supernatural speed , which means he will have some kind of resistance to TP even if it's low .
In that gif though Wanda had morals off , wanting to revenge Quicksilver , that was off character . In a straight fight with morals on and random encounter she wouldn't do that , would she ?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WastelandMan
@justiceway said:

CW Flash's brain was also working in a supernatural speed , which means he will have some kind of resistance to TP even if it's low .

Based on what? When is it ever stated to that superspeed gives you Tp resistence? Also, Quicksilver has superspeed, and yet Wanda was still able to read quicksilver hundreds of feet away.

In that gif though Wanda had morals off , wanting to revenge Quicksilver , that was off character . In a straight fight with morals on and random encounter she wouldn't do that , would she ?

Morals on, she stopped a train with TK, tore Ultron bots in half, and bent bent metal.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda would win! Both have TP but she has shown greater feats. Her TP is strong enough to affect Thor (he assumed she would not be able since he is a God), to negate the mind control effect of the mind stone, and control a large group of people at once.

Besides their TP abilities, to hurt her Grodd would have to actually reach Wanda. She, on the other hand, can attack him from a distance using her TK and protect herself with a force field. Her TK is power enough to disintegrate several Ultron bots at once, stop a train and rip Ulton’s “heart” by bending vibranium.