#1 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scarlet Spider (Kaine) discovers that Docter Octupus was inside peters body.

He attacks SpOck in a blind rage,

Battle takes place on the rooftops of New York

Kaine is bloodlusted

Ock will do all he can to kill Kaine as he dosent want his identity to be revealed.

Win by Death only.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough one....

#3 Edited by 14NC3 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

This is a tough one....

What i'm thinking. And I like the setup

#4 Edited by Theorder14 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, it was a random idea that popped into my head

#6 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

This is a tough one....

Does you think the Op want Ascended Kaine?

The Scarlet Spider (Kaine) discovers that Docter Octupus was inside peters body.

Kaine is bloodlusted

Ock will do all he can to kill Kaine as he dosent want his identity to be revealed.

Win by Death only.

Who wins?

Do you want Ascended Kaine?

#7 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...without prep, I'll go for Kaine personally (though really, it could go either way). SpOck is lacking his major advantage (prep), and while he may not hold back like Peter, I don't think he is as in-tune with spider-fu and spider-sense as Peter (I would have to go back and reread some stuff, but I think I remember an instance or two of SpOck flat out ignoring his spider-sense, and I have yet to see him use WOTS). As well, SpOck has to contend with Peter in his subconscious, who will try and prevent the killing shot.

All in all, good fight though. It definitely will not be easy for either, and it is a really close call. I am not sure anyone would be truly wrong in their pick here.

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

If Ock knew how to use Pete's body properly i'd go with him. However he's gotten a few things slightly wrong and what with Kaine being Pete's clone so not tripping his spider-sense SpOck lost the only advantage that would have given him a majority. So i'm going with Kaine until Ock demonstrates better fighting ability.

#9 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

This is a tough one....

Does you think the Op want Ascended Kaine?

@mrtrevorguy said:

Kaine is bloodlusted

Win by Death only.

Who wins?

Do you want Ascended Kaine?

Only problem with the ascended Kaine is that we still don't know much about him, or how that works since he shed that form at the end of the story. We don't know really know the long term effects on his everyday powers, or if he has the ability to ascend again. I would assume the form is stronger and faster...but that is kind of hard to quantify based on what was shown.

#10 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@theorder14: @laflux: @wyldsong: Does Kaine even still have access to that form or powers? I sort of thought after he ripped it off him that he would just be normal kaine again? Maybe I missed something in the issue or an interview?

#11 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@theorder14: @laflux: @wyldsong: Does Kaine even still have access to that form or powers? I sort of thought after he ripped it off him that he would just be normal kaine again? Maybe I missed something in the issue or an interview?

I have yet to read any interviews, but Kaine's thought process was that he pretty much knew he was still a monster at the end of that issue. I don't think he necessarily rid himself of the other there, as much as just shedding that form for the time being at least. For now, it seems to be really up in the air (unless there is an interview or solicit out there that I missed).

#12 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Peter The Other for awhile, could we use his feats for Kaine?

#13 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l said:

Not really, because Pete had things like spider-sense that aided in a lot of his feats, something Kaine doesn't have here. In theory, it might give an idea of possible speed and strength, but without any proof of it for Kaine, I would be hesitant to use it as proof of anything. Especially since Kaine shed the ascended form, and we have no clue just how the other is affecting him at this time.

#14 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Spider

#15 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@bossmoss4l said:

Not really, because Pete had things like spider-sense that aided in a lot of his feats, something Kaine doesn't have here. In theory, it might give an idea of possible speed and strength, but without any proof of it for Kaine, I would be hesitant to use it as proof of anything. Especially since Kaine shed the ascended form, and we have no clue just how the other is affecting him at this time.

So at this time kind of hard to decide, I will say Acsended Kaine ripped the arm off a werewolf and beat him to near death with it sooooo IF he can retransform at will into the Other, and IF he catches SpOck by surprise, I think Kaine would have this. Of course i'm also assume Scarlet Spider is as fast as SpOck, and could keep up.

#16 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l said:

@wyldsong said:

@bossmoss4l said:

So at this time kind of hard to decide, I will say Acsended Kaine ripped the arm off a werewolf and beat him to near death with it sooooo IF he can retransform at will into the Other, and IF he catches SpOck by surprise, I think Kaine would have this. Of course i'm also assume Scarlet Spider is as fast as SpOck, and could keep up.

Yeah, it is really difficult to say at this time, but I will say that with Kaine's current outlook on life, if it feasible/possible to change back into that ascended form (especially being bloodlusted), then he probably would for this battle.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong: Does Kaine even still have access to that form or powers? I sort of thought after he ripped it off him that he would just be normal kaine again? Maybe I missed something in the issue or an interview?

I have yet to read any interviews, but Kaine's thought process was that he pretty much knew he was still a monster at the end of that issue. I don't think he necessarily rid himself of the other there, as much as just shedding that form for the time being at least. For now, it seems to be really up in the air (unless there is an interview or solicit out there that I missed).

I interpreted that line as talk about who Kaine is on the inside. I mean a theme in his ongoing is about Kaine being a hero however when he ascended it was a reflection of who he actually is if that makes sense? I agree he could probably turn back to that state but I don't know if he would here.

#18 Edited by God_Spawn (37189 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I think Strider told me in another thread that Kaine is still in possession of the upgrade because Slott said it would be for awhile in an interview. What I took from the last issue was just him regaining control of his own body, but the upgraded abilities are still there.
Regardless, I don't think Kaine needs them for reasons Strider already said.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: All right then. I still feel we should leave it out of battle forums though as I am not really sure what to think of these upgrades.

#20 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong: Does Kaine even still have access to that form or powers? I sort of thought after he ripped it off him that he would just be normal kaine again? Maybe I missed something in the issue or an interview?

I interpreted that line as talk about who Kaine is on the inside. I mean a theme in his ongoing is about Kaine being a hero however when he ascended it was a reflection of who he actually is if that makes sense? I agree he could probably turn back to that state but I don't know if he would here.

Well, pretty much the two are intertwined in the story -- the other/the monster and who he believes himself to be on the inside. It's still pretty much up in the air at this point I think. I wouldn't want to place a bet either way at this point, as the story left it open to some interpretation it seems.

#21 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

How do Kaines powers differ from Peter's, besides not having a spider sense?

#23 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong: Fair enough.

Hmm...just saw GS's post...need to find that interview.

@Strider92 -- Don't suppose you could point us to that interview with Slott?

#24 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

He has stingers and organic webbing. The most recent issue revealed his powers are basically Peters during the other except he has no spider-sense. He also has the mark of kaine.

#25 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara said:

He can talk with spiders, has the mark of Kaine, has organic webs and "might" be marginally stronger. With the recent other upgrade...remains to be seen.

#26 Posted by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@calebhara said:

He has stingers and organic webbing. The most recent issue revealed his powers are basically Peters during the other except he has no spider-sense. He also has the mark of kaine.

And forgot the stingers. Well played sir, well played.

#27 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did he have to die huhuhuhuhu :-(

#28 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: @jashro44: Thank you, do you have any scans of him using the Stingers? im really curious :)

#29 Posted by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: @jashro44: Thank you, do you have any scans of him using the Stingers? im really curious :)

I can get them, but it will be a bit before I can post them. If no one else has posted them before I get back, I will share them.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Jashro linked me to a nice respect thread, but thanks anyways, i appreciate it.

#32 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio