• Win by KO, Death or Incap

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Hard to say with some of Kaine's current powers still pretty much unknown, even to himself.

As far as I know:

- His base strength shouldn't have changed much, so he should be at an advantage there.

- He is said to be less agile than Spider-Man (though I don't know how Spidey compares to Zealot in terms of agility), although he was recently shown to dodge bullets from assassins and even tagged one of those assassins who is supposedly a speedster (although his level of speed is not given).

- He lost his spider-sense but that only levels the playing field.

- I'm not very familiar with the potency of the Mark of Kaine, he was shown to be able to lessen it to be able to safely shave with his bare hands, but what is its upper limit? Does it only corrode organics or can it be potent enough to affect metals as well?

- Also, what is the tensile strength of his organic webbing? Is it cut resistant? Dare I ask, bullet resistant? He was shown to have produced enough of it in time to stop tons of debris from falling onto civilians.

I'm guessing the main known factor that could possibly give him the advantage here would be his suit's invisibility.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@gunmetalgrey said:

- I'm not very familiar with the potency of the Mark of Kaine, he was shown to be able to lessen it to be able to safely shave with his bare hands, but what is its upper limit? Does it only corrode organics or can it be potent enough to affect metals as well?

In the beginning it was strong enough to burn through concrete but as he hasn't used it in the current SS run in his fights its safe to assume Kaine won't use it here!

@gunmetalgrey said:

- Also, what is the tensile strength of his organic webbing? Is it cut resistant? Dare I ask, bullet resistant? He was shown to have produced enough of it in time to stop tons of debris from falling onto civilians.

As he has the same organic webbing Spider-man had (Post-disassembled and the "Other"), I think its safe to says its the strength is the same as Peter's.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gunmetalgrey

I should also add that he has some form of accelerated healing, though I'm not sure how much it would factor into the fight as it is speculated to take hours to heal most significant injuries and this fight probably won't last that long.

His insect mind-link won't be much help either, but since he was able to use it to track down an atomic device I guess he could use it as an extra pair of eyes behind his head, sort of like a pseudo-spider-sense.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By nefarious

This Kaine is too inexperienced to compete with Zealot, who has years of training and experience with superhumans. 

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunmetalgrey

I don't buy this whole experience argument. Once someone her age has reached his/her peak in terms of skill, that's it. Any new methods or fighting styles are just derivatives of older ones.

Kaine has been no slouch against metas in his time either, and he retains memories of Peter's battles prior to the cloning process.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daak1212

Kaine is a super sonic fighter, he also took on an undead ninja, a sharpshooting teleporter, a super strength girl and a speedster and won.

I have no idea how he will do against Zealot

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosMarvel

This is actually a very good match-up. The thing that gave Spider-man the definite win over Zealot was his spidersense which Kaine does not have.

Both of them have a lot of experience fighting super-humans and their Morals are quite similar so they won't be held back. Kaine is stronger than Zealot (his 20tons to her 10tons) but he's nowhere near as good a fighter as she is. I'm going to say Kaine for the slight majority due to his stealth suit. The invisibility might just let him get the few extra hits he needs but honestly a good case could be made for either fighter.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

Doesnt he have the Mark of Khain garbage too.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2 said:

He hasn't used it offensively in the Scarlet Spider series yet so I think we can say with some certainty that the chances of him using it are slim to nil here.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

He hasn't used it offensively in the Scarlet Spider series yet so I think we can say with some certainty that the chances of him using it are slim to nil here.

Actually, he used it in the very first issue, against a group of street thugs no less, with his only intention being to steal their money. I don't see why he wouldn't use it on a much higher-tier fighter in a match that could possibly threaten his life. Still, this doesn't give him that big of an edge.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

bump

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gumflabica

I think that in the end, Zealot would be the one to come out alive. i'm kind of braindead at the moment, because of, er, "personal reasons," and can't think of things to post, but when this battle plays out in my mind, i just see Zealot limping out of there, covered in blood, biting a belt as she pulls one of kaines stingers out of a limp arm.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump!!!!

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zealot

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'd definitely say Kaine. While he doesn't have the spider sense, zealot is still--for all of her experience-- fighting an opponent woefully faster than her, stronger , more agile, etc. Because of his more direct fighting style and lack of a spider sense I imagine that she could get a hit or two off, and she may even get a cut or two with her sword (I can see it, considering her skill and his direct approach). But after that Kaine will surely take note of her skill advantage and fight in a manner that uses his advantages to the fullest extent. And I'm not even counting the other. She's really fighting a Peter (whom I feel she would lose against) with more lax morals and is much faster, stronger, and just as agile and doesn't really hold back (and certainly wouldn't joke around). Sure he lacks a spider sense but he really doesn't need it to dodge her attacks.

Additionally, I see it more than possible where Kaine can seperate her from her sword.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My lover.