#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes without saying that Kaine is a team buster. He would undeniably trump any of these characters on his own, but can he defeat them when they're working as a team?

Houston, Texas. Midday, populated. Kaine begins on a rooftop and the X-Men begin on the street level. Visible.

Rules:

-Random encounter.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

-Standard gear.

-In character.

VERSUS

Scarlet Spider #7

X-Men: Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine (bone claw), X-23 and Gambit (no death powers).

(it's late and I'm incredibly tired... balancing edits will be made if required)

Staff Online
#2 Posted by Immortal777 (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with kaine he physically outclasses them with he's stealth suit and the fact that in character he won't hold back.

#3 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea what happened in scarlet spider #4 and I haven't read 5 yet but assuming he fights them the way he fought that pyrokenentic I think kaine would win. 

@Immortal777 said:

I gotta go with kaine he physically outclasses them with he's stealth suit and the fact that in character he won't hold back.

The stealth suit isn't really in character. Unless he has done it in scarlet spider #4 (I haven't read that yet) Then he hasn't really used it for combat.
#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

No idea what happened in scarlet spider #4 and I haven't read 5 yet but assuming he fights them the way he fought that pyrokenentic I think kaine would win.

@Immortal777 said:

The stealth suit isn't really in character. Unless he has done it in scarlet spider #4 (I haven't read that yet) Then he hasn't really used it for combat.

He used it to sneak up on the Sniper. And in the assassins.

#5 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: The assigns was scarlet spider #4 right? I haven't read that yet but assuming he used while in the middle of combat then I guess it is in character (I'm still missing issue 4...)

As for the sniper you are talking about issue #3 right? He just used it to sneak up on him and before the fight started he exposed himself and started using it. All though if he did use the stealth mode in the middle of combat in issue 4 I guess I am wrong.
#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@ReVamp: The assigns was scarlet spider #4 right? I haven't read that yet but assuming he used while in the middle of combat then I guess it is in character (I'm still missing issue 4...) As for the sniper you are talking about issue #3 right? He just used it to sneak up on him and before the fight started he exposed himself and started using it. All though if he did use the stealth mode in the middle of combat in issue 4 I guess I am wrong.

He did, IIRC, but I don't feel like looking it up. And to be fair, he didn't Uncloak just to punch him, he started talking to him.

#7 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

A different kind of Spider-Man in a different setting? And, Christopher Yost is writting it!?

I'm picking up this title immediately.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@jashro44 said:

@ReVamp: The assigns was scarlet spider #4 right? I haven't read that yet but assuming he used while in the middle of combat then I guess it is in character (I'm still missing issue 4...) As for the sniper you are talking about issue #3 right? He just used it to sneak up on him and before the fight started he exposed himself and started using it. All though if he did use the stealth mode in the middle of combat in issue 4 I guess I am wrong.

He did, IIRC, but I don't feel like looking it up. And to be fair, he didn't Uncloak just to punch him, he started talking to him.

All right I guess the stealth suit is a option.
#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

im going with kaine i have always liked the character

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

A different kind of Spider-Man in a different setting? And, Christopher Yost is writting it!?

Your fault you haven't yet.

@jashro44 said:

All right I guess the stealth suit is a option.

Don't take my word for it though, I'm not in "debating mode", just throwing things around.

#11 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

I'm really confident you'll dig it. Kaine is brutal. 

@jashro44@ReVamp

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: LOL. Didn't know about it until now.

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Thanks for the scans.

Makes you wonder whether there's some sort of limit on the suit though, or did he just think it would be cool to turn the suit off mid-combat. Writers these days... xP

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Should have though. Ignorance is not an excuse!! =P

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Considering that it's Marvel, I beg to differ. LOL

Question. Is this version of Scarlet Spider as agile as Spider-Man?

#16 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11539 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

Not sure whether you're asking out of curiosity or because of the battle so I'll answer it for both. Taking into account that only 5 issues have come out so far (or something like that) there's only limited insight into how powerful he is. He does have quite a lot of The Other powers, I'd guess that he has all of the major ones even though he hasn't shown a few of them but there's nothing to suggest whether his Stats are actually enhanced like Peter was at that point. So in short, I don't think there's anything to suggest he's quicker or slower, quite honestly we have to wait.

#18 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

Meh. He's agile but he isn't impressive as Spider-Man. He soaks more damage instead of trying to avoid it.
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: It could be because he lost his Spider-Sense. Well, that was what his Comicvine page said.

@ReVamp: Crap. Well, I'll still give it a shot.

#20 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men.

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Why, exactly? And yeah, he doesn't have Spidey Sense.

#22 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

What made Spider-Man stand out to me was his agility and speed, which was unparalleled. Pages of him using his speed and agility to take on a room full of numerous thugs or dazzling brutish characters with his speed is what I liked to see. I anticipated that since Kaine was a Spider-clone, his agility would have been close to Parker's, at least.

#23 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: While he doesn't use his agility nearly as often, his speed and reflexes are nothing short of impressive. You'll see for yourself if you start reading the series.
#24 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

What made Spider-Man stand out to me was his agility and speed, which was unparalleled. Pages of him using his speed and agility to take on a room full of numerous thugs or dazzling brutish characters with his speed is what I liked to see. I anticipated that since Kaine was a Spider-clone, his agility would have been close to Parker's, at least.

I think that for the purposes of what you're looking for, yes.

Now, if you mean to ask whether I can build a case to support that, then no.

#25 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Well classic Kaine fought like that all the time. His old durability feats were amazing. 

Just plain awesome. 
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: @ReVamp: Okay. I'll check it out, nonetheless. Hopefully, I'll keep up with it. Not too many interesting Marvel titles. I'd read Avengers vs. X-Men, but I'm not a Bendis fan.

@GrandSymbiote94: Is he still that durable?

#27 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Not no more. But he can still take plenty of damage. After Spider-Island he had an increase of agility and speed, but lost a lot of his Classic strength, durability, and Spider-sense.
#28 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: No. That's all wrong. Don't read AvX. Even if you loved Bendis. Its one of the worst things I've ever read, quite honestly. And I'm not even trying to hate on Bendis, I'm just being real.

#29 Posted by Strider92 (16160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

How could you not know about the best Marvel title going at the moment T.T.

Kaine has this. He's a lot more brutal than Peter and isn't going to mind breaking bones and severing limbs + he recently demonstrated control of his stingers:

#30 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@Static Shock said:

Kaine has this. He's a lot more brutal than Peter and isn't going to mind breaking bones and severing limbs + he recently demonstrated control of his stingers:

Kaine is just F(^&(*&(NG AWESOME!!! :D
#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine.

#32 Edited by Strider92 (16160 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94

Kaine is just F(^&(*&(NG AWESOME!!! :D

That he is! For someone with no Spider-sense his reflexes are insane:

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Static Shock: No. That's all wrong. Don't read AvX. Even if you loved Bendis. Its one of the worst things I've ever read, quite honestly. And I'm not even trying to hate on Bendis, I'm just being real.

Okay. LOL.

@Strider92 said:

I haven't been happy with Marvel since Dark Reign started. Nice scans though.

#34 Posted by Erik (31777 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly do not see the X-Men taking this at all in character.

Kaine has Other powers, sans the spider sense. But really, I do not think he would need the sense anyway. He is faster than any opponent here can handle, even all together. X-23 is a risk but once he sees the claws, Kaine can throw her far enough away so that he could engage everyone else without worrying about her.

I think the biggest factor is whether or not Kaine will kill. He seems to struggle with that constantly and who knows what will happen if he is dealing with this much pressure.

#35 Posted by Erik (31777 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

He seems to have the Other powers without the spider sense. He even has the stingers and organic webs. But to me, that just makes his feats all the more impressive knowing he is doing them without the guidance of an instinctual precognitive autopilot.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Kaine.
#37 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Nightcrawler?

#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated.

Staff Online
#39 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't have the whole fight or anything, but here is a little speed and agility.

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer: Hmmm... Seems minor compared to what Spider-Man does.

#41 Edited by Strider92 (16160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Soulstealer: Hmmm... Seems minor compared to what Spider-Man does.

As its only on its 5th issue we still don't have very many feats for Kaine. One things he has shown though is brilliant reflexes and spatial awareness (dunno how he catches that arrow without a spider-sense):

We've also seen some good speed from him. Grabbing this guy and turning him to block bullets after they were fired is probably one of the best. So was stopping the car even though he started on a rooftop and the vehicule was only a few meters from the woman:

He is also far more brutal than Spider-man he won't mind breaking bones or taking peoples limbs off. Heck he punched that ninja straight through the head which was a killshot (the first scan is still my favorite moment from SS thus far lol):

That Speedster is also very fast so taking off his leg while he was running at him is good reaction time in itself (heres a scan of how fast he was moving):

#42 Posted by 7DEADPOOL7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Spider.

#43 Posted by hopeflash24 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Kaine. Kaine has proven that he can take on opponents who are much more powerful. Kaine beats them.

#44 Posted by laflux (14356 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh X-Men should win.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (39006 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men.

#46 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure kaine can handle them all...bi I haven't finished his series yet.