#151 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Yes, but is really worth making another thread?

Probably not.

@laflux said:

Plus your ruining the moment!!!!!!!

Sorry

#152 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux I can't view those scans or read this thread until tomorrow T_T....

#153 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I'm not sure how I feel about it. Yost to me has made Logan already job to an "inferior" Spider-Man. Viciousness aside, I think 95% of the site, or at least credible users, can agree Spider-Man won't be able to knock Logan out in a fight so no reason for SpOck to do so. But, I feel Yost somewhat corrected that when he mentioned Logan kept getting up so against Kaine. We've seen Logan get laced by bullets, pierced through the chest by arrows, spears, poles, swords etc and only to recover in a moment. Point being, they probably didn't completely obliterate the organ. Kaine is a 20-25 tonner, has an extra spirit possessing that took over if you notice when he stung Logan, and said stinger is about a foot or over and completely rending the organ. I've seen Logan have his heart explode in his chest, so complete dismantling of it, only to be up again in a page or two when it regenerates, so Kaine actually taking him down like that makes some sense.

Now, the issue ended with Logan "dead". However, we know Logan will come back and while he should regenerate in a minute or two and be back on his feet, the time lapse for it to take depends Yost. So depending how the next issue opens will probably settle how I feel about the incident, but for now I can accept it based on how Kaine did it, his stats, and the description of the organ getting obliterated.

TL;DR, I do think Yost makes Logan look like a bit of jobber to push his spider characters, I don't agree with what SpOck did, but what Other Kaine did and the narratives Yost put in there and considering Logan has been downed by having the organ destroyed completely vs just simply being pierced by a blade or bullet, there is a difference, I can deal with it.

But I want my brother in claw's opinion.

@super_soldierxii

#154 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I agree with what you said and lets not forget however that Kaine did state blatently in his fight with Wolverine that he was stronger and faster than he had been prior to his resurrection. So not only was Logan fighting a version of Spider-man who was physically superior to the normal Spidey to begin with, Logan was also fighting one who had just undergone an upgrade. An upgrade that apparently made Scarlet Spider stronger and faster despite the fact prior to this he was reacting to bullets after they had been fired and trading blows with Carnage before he had said upgrade. I don't think this was a particularly low showing from Logan at all just that due to his new upgrade Kaine had a serve advantage.

#155 Edited by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: I'm not sure how I feel about it. Yost to me has made Logan already job to an "inferior" Spider-Man. Viciousness aside, I think 95% of the site, or at least credible users, can agree Spider-Man won't be able to knock Logan out in a fight so no reason for SpOck to do so. But, I feel Yost somewhat corrected that when he mentioned Logan kept getting up so against Kaine. We've seen Logan get laced by bullets, pierced through the chest by arrows, spears, poles, swords etc and only to recover in a moment. Point being, they probably didn't completely obliterate the organ. Kaine is a 20-25 tonner, has an extra spirit possessing that took over if you notice when he stung Logan, and said stinger is about a foot or over and completely rending the organ. I've seen Logan have his heart explode in his chest, so complete dismantling of it, only to be up again in a page or two when it regenerates, so Kaine actually taking him down like that makes some sense.

Now, the issue ended with Logan "dead". However, we know Logan will come back and while he should regenerate in a minute or two and be back on his feet, the time lapse for it to take depends Yost. So depending how the next issue opens will probably settle how I feel about the incident, but for now I can accept it based on how Kaine did it, his stats, and the description of the organ getting obliterated.

TL;DR, I do think Yost makes Logan look like a bit of jobber to push his spider characters, I don't agree with what SpOck did, but what Other Kaine did and the narratives Yost put in there and considering Logan has been downed by having the organ destroyed completely vs just simply being pierced by a blade or bullet, there is a difference, I can deal with it.

But I want my brother in claw's opinion.

@super_soldierxii

I must have spammed "problem @super_soldierxii" about 4 times now, so he must have got the message :P. In fairness, I think the fight was fairly done. Kaine tried to Punch Logan out, and nearly broke his hand (although Logan bled from the blow), and Logan was able to keep up with him fairly well. Personally, (I was debating this with Strider92), that Kaine was further amped following his death by the Werewolves, as he commented on being faster and stronger. And he already had the other powers to begin with. What really interests me, is the role of Kaine's Poison in his stingers. When Peter had the powers of the Other, a mere scratch was enough to land a 30 tonner in hospital, due to the venom. I think its that, combined with the force of having your Heart sliced in two by a 20 tonner plus, which was enough to put Old Mutton Chops down.

But Yeah, do you think Yost was bullied by a Wolverine fan when he was young?

#156 Edited by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I agree with what you said and lets not forget however that Kaine did state blatently in his fight with Wolverine that he was stronger and faster than he had been prior to his resurrection. So not only was Logan fighting a version of Spider-man who was physically superior to the normal Spidey to begin with, Logan was also fighting one who had just undergone an upgrade. An upgrade that apparently made Scarlet Spider stronger and faster despite the fact prior to this he was reacting to bullets after they had been fired and trading blows with Carnage before he had said upgrade. I don't think this was a particularly low showing from Logan at all just that due to his new upgrade Kaine had a serve advantage.

Are you referring to the part where he says he is faster and stronger? I interpreted that as him saying he was faster and stronger then wolverine.

#157 Edited by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

After viewing the scans (couldn't resist) it doesn't seem to be that bad. Yes wolverine does fall but kaine also comments how he nearly broke his hand punching him and wolverine also cuts kaines webbing and he tags kaine in the face which you could argue was a precession cut to avoid killing kaine (I haven't read the issue so I am not sure if wolverine was wondering why kaine wanted to kill him?). All the showing really shows is that wolverine can be taken down if his heart is cut in two which I am pretty sure is apart of his average anyways.

Based off what is shown it does seem kaine has the means to put wolverine down. So now that the fight has happened I think Kaine wins. I don't really like going by one fight especially when the result was obvious (due to the writer clearly showing he thinks spider-man can beat wolverine), but I don't think anyone has tried the method kaine has tried so I don't see any reason this wouldn't work. To be honest I expected it would be a bit worst... I don't think the fight will go down that way but I would say it shows Kaine can drop wolverine.

#158 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

: @strider92: He didn't say he was faster and stronger than he was prior to his resurrection. He said the file they gave him stated he was faster and stronger and basically superior to Wolverine in every way, which he already was. He then repeated he was faster and stronger but Logan kept getting up. So he made no mention if his stats were upgraded, and I did mention that I do feel Yost corrected his mistake with this fight and how Kaine beat him did make sense since I also pointed while Logan has been stabbed, shot, piereced etc through the chest, the fact that Kaine is 20-25 tonner, had at least a foot long stinger, driven by the Other's tendency at the moment, and completely rended the heart in pieces made sense.

@laflux Like I just said to Strider above and in my initial post, I do feel like the fight was better written and corrected the mistakes that Yost made in his previous one. I just feel like Yost has a tendency to make a bunch of characters job in favor of his spider characters look better ala Wolverine vs SpOck, and when he made SpOck dodge Thor, Black Widow, Cap, and Wolverine all at once. With Kaine though I can agree with the outcome with how it was done and backed it up with Logan going through a similar experience like having his heart burst in his chest and get downed and I did state it was different than just getting shot or stabbed through the heart. Kaine literally shredded the thing and speared Logan practically completely through.

#159 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Are you referring to the part where he says he is faster and stronger? I interpreted that as him saying he was faster and stronger then wolverine.

At the beginning he says he is stronger than faster than Wolverine. He then goes on to state that since coming back he is stronger and faster than he was previously. I'll post both scans:

In the first scan he refers to his superiority over Logan in the second he states "Since my fight with the Wolves" then goes on to state "I'm stronger" "i'm faster". There he is referring to his physical increase since his resurrection and fight with the Wolves so he has had upgrade.

#160 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Again, he doesn't say anything about being faster and stronger than before. He compares fighting Logan to fighting the Wolves again only slightly less hairy. He just repeats that he is faster and stronger, but Logan just keeps coming back.

#161 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Maybe he was. But I can deal with how everything went down. I'm in a good after watching Cyclops hurt Dormammu :P.

#162 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Again, he doesn't say anything about being faster and stronger than before. He compares fighting Logan to fighting the Wolves again only slightly less hairy. He just repeats that he is faster and stronger, but Logan just keeps coming back.

Nevermind I just realized I was misinterpreting the scan.

#163 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Maybe he was. But I can deal with how everything went down. I'm in a good after watching Cyclops hurt Dormammu :P.

Pshhh, Dorm was One-Shotted by Son of Satan, and he's been Mocked by Rulk. He's jobbing to everyone these days :D

#164 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux Like I just said to Strider above and in my initial post, I do feel like the fight was better written and corrected the mistakes that Yost made in his previous one. I just feel like Yost has a tendency to make a bunch of characters job in favor of his spider characters look better ala Wolverine vs SpOck, and when he made SpOck dodge Thor, Black Widow, Cap, and Wolverine all at once. With Kaine though I can agree with the outcome with how it was done and backed it up with Logan going through a similar experience like having his heart burst in his chest and get downed and I did state it was different than just getting shot or stabbed through the heart. Kaine literally shredded the thing and speared Logan practically completely through.

That was Slott not Yost :D

#165 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

Does anyone have a source for this picture? It was in both the wolverine and Kaine gallery.... Can anyone confirm this is Kaine? And does anyone know why the stealth suit looks like the way it did before madame web altered it?

I've just seen my new desktop background. Also I think Kaine has got new abilites from the Other, which may or may not affect the battle outcome, but haven't got round to reading the issue. Could you inform me if possible.

3 months down the line, and that's still my Desktop screen lol.

#166 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

, and when he made SpOck dodge Thor, Black Widow, Cap, and Wolverine all at once.

That one was written by Slott.

@strider92:

All he says is fighting wolverine is like fighting the wolves. He doesn't say he is faster and stronger since that fight just that wolverine is similar to them. He then states that all though he is faster and stronger wolverine keeps getting back up. Thats what I'm seeing personally.

#167 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yeah my bad. Once I broke it down I saw what he was saying. Because he'd already stated he was superior phsyically twice. I was reading it that he was having an easier time vs Wolverine "less hairy than than my fight with the Wolves" because he was faster and stronger now but upon re-reading I realize i've misinterpreted it.

#169 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know Kaine didn't kill Logan, but he did temporarily incapacitate/kill him which would grant him a win. Other than that, it was pretty spot in regards to Kaine being superior to Logan in every physical fashion. Logan landed a single hit on Kaine, slashing his face which barely seemed to phase him, causing his stingers to come out and jab him in the heart. Although, it is worth mentioning that Kaine nearly shattered his fist from punching Logan once square in the jaw so an extended fight may just lean towards Logan's favour.

#170 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

After viewing the scans (couldn't resist) it doesn't seem to be that bad. Yes wolverine does fall but kaine also comments how he nearly broke his hand punching him and wolverine also cuts kaines webbing

I agree, Yost did seem to put Logan on better terms now.

and he tags kaine in the face which you could argue was aprecession cut to avoid killing kaine (I haven't read the issue so I am not sure if wolverine was wondering why kaine wanted to kill him?).

Logan didn't wonder anything. Kaine makes a fool of Iceman and Beast, then he tells Logan he has to kill him and it isn't personal. Logan then tries to disembowel Kaine first move into the fight. I was a little skeptical about the face slash. I thought Kaine maybe dodged it since it seemed like Wolverine was going to kill him, but Logan does seem to be aggressive a lot without necessarily going for kill shots all the time. Kaine's face should have been confetti if Logan did land a full on slash.

All the showing really shows is that wolverine can be taken down if his heart is cut in two which I am pretty sure is apart of his average anyways.

This is where I can agree with but also disagree depending on what you feel. We've seen Logan get stabbed through the chest, blasted with bullets, etc. Just the stab of a sword or a bullet or two passing through and Logan seems to be ok.

He has had his heart blown up in his chest before, so basically complete destruction.

Kaine as I said being 20-25 tonner, having a foot long+ stinger, his Other instincts taking over, and completely spearing and rending the organ in two, seems to be sensible since the other instances of getting attacked through the heart ala the sword or bullet, his heart is still in one piece despite holes. Kaine sliced it in two pieces and with his venom and strength seems ok to me.

#171 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

All he says is fighting wolverine is like fighting the wolves. He doesn't say he is faster and stronger since that fight just that wolverine is similar to them. He then states that all though he is faster and stronger wolverine keeps getting back up. Thats what I'm seeing personally.

Yeah, I'm assuming Kaine meant that Logan fought with the same brutality that the Wolves fought, where they were relentless and would constantly keep coming back for more. Possibly why Kaine was so eager to quickly pull a killing blow.

#172 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @strider92: @jashro44: Ah, my mistake. I didn't pay attention to who it was when I skimmed it at the shop. I figured it was Yost just making people job to SpOck again.

#173 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Yeah, I'm assuming Kaine meant that Logan fought with the same brutality that the Wolves fought, where they were relentless and would constantly keep coming back for more. Possibly why Kaine was so eager to quickly pull a killing blow.

Actually, Kaine didn't perform the killing blow. His Other sense took over and Kaine said when his mind cleared, his stinger was already wrenched through Logan's chest.

#174 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Nah that was Slott Gary-Stu-ing his creation......

#175 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @strider92: @jashro44: Ah, my mistake. I didn't pay attention to who it was when I skimmed it at the shop. I figured it was Yost just making people job to SpOck again.

Stop being so reasonable >.<. Take the flame bait dammit!!!!!

#177 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Not saying Dan Slott is a troll or anything but yesterday when I was walking under a bridge a Dan Slott jumped out and insisted I stare at a bottle of Orange juice for 5 minutes because it said "concentrate" on it........

#178 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Not saying Dan Slott is a troll or anything but yesterday when I was walking under a bridge a Dan Slott jumped out and insisted I stare at a bottle of Orange juice for 5 minutes because it said "concentrate" on it........

true story.

#179 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

Pshhh, Dorm was One-Shotted by Son of Satan, and he's been Mocked by Rulk. He's jobbing to everyone these days :D

I will remain sensible. And everyone is apparently jobbing today. Matt "Roid Rage" Murdock decimating Lady Bullseye even though he said she normally would be a solid fight. Wolverine's organs. Dormammu. Ben Franklin's libido.

#180 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: PFFT! Stop being so melodramatic! Kaine, the Other, they're one in the same. Besides the wording, he still remained relatively human and he's been able to utilize his stingers before without becoming "The Other" we saw recently. And I never said that he killed Logan just from the stab, he sliced his heart in half according to Kaine.

#181 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio
#182 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: O'DOYLE RULEZ!!

@deranged_midget: Pffft, you is a liar!! Clearly Kaine is narrated in red. Other is blue. Duh!

#183 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#184 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

I will remain sensible. And everyone is apparently jobbing today. Matt "Roid Rage" Murdock decimating Lady Bullseye even though he said she normally would be a solid fight. Wolverine's organs. Dormammu. Ben Franklin's libido.

#185 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I've screen shotted this conversation, and its been sent to the staff, showing a violation of Mod rule 101. An inability to remain calm under pressure from trolls. Your going down, Spawn, and I'm taking your place >:D

#186 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Edited by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: YOU SON OF A *****! Lol, thanks for spoiling the issue.

i always thought Kaine could win. And he could do it in many ways. I'm sure Kaine's stingers are poisonous like Peter's old ones. I don't recall Kaine commenting on if he got stronger and more amped after he accepted the other. I just know he's stronger in the Other's form.

But Kaine has too many advantages over Wolverine. All of his stats are higher than Wolverine's except for durability. In addition, he can keep the fight at a range thanks to web and his ability to jump and cling to walls which Wolverine can't do.

Compared to Kaine, Wolverine is very one dimensional. A very good h2h guy with durability.

To Wolverine, Kaine is multidimensional. He could easily keep his distance and fight with web, fight on walls and ceilings and out stats him in speed and strength. he could also summon spiders to distract Wolverine and he still has the mark of Kaine which can surprise Wolverine.

I will say this. Kaine had a chance to study Wolverine to know about him. But Wolverine has never encountered Kaine in a fight and probably didn't expect the Stingers.

I'm giving it to Kaine 7.5/10 via mass web and stinger to the heart or even through the eyeball into Wolverine's brain. I'm guessing that Kaine's stingers have poison too and will be injected to Wolverines brain or heart putting him down for a KO.

We know Kaines a bloody fighter that will strike vulnerable areas. With his speed and strength he has

1. Wolverines throat which he can slice and inject poison.

2. Wolverine's heart, which Kaine just exposed recently.

3. Wolverines brain with his stingers by injecting them through his eyeball or up his chin like he did with Venom.

4. If he really wanted to he could empty all his webbing onto Wolverine.

5. The Mark of Kaine in Wolverines eyes would blind him for awhile.

The only thing I see Wolverine doing to Kaine is fighting Kaine until he gets a mortal wound which is going to be hard since Kaine is stronger and faster than him. The chance of Wolverine striking a internal organ and taking Kaine down sounds a LOT harder than it is for Kaine to do the above.

#188 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

Man I get the feeling I've done enough trolling to last a lifetime in this thread :P

#189 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Logan didn't wonder anything. Kaine makes a fool of Iceman and Beast, then he tells Logan he has to kill him and it isn't personal. Logan then tries to disembowel Kaine first move into the fight. I was a little skeptical about the face slash. I thought Kaine maybe dodged it since it seemed like Wolverine was going to kill him, but Logan does seem to be aggressive a lot without necessarily going for kill shots all the time. Kaine's face should have been confetti if Logan did land a full on slash.

I see. Yost probably intended it to just skim Kaine but the artist probably didn't draw it that way. So probably an artistic error. I sort of wish the fight was more extended though.....

@slimj87d said:

He truly is evil....

#190 Edited by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I don't think the fight is over. I won't be surprised if Wolverine gets up after 20 seconds.

#191 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: I don't think the fight is over. I won't be surprised if Wolverine gets up after 20 seconds.

I am hoping that will happen. But IIRC the synopsis for the next issue is apparently wolverine and kaine will be best friends or something (I think it says something like "Kaine and wolverine worst enemies or best friends" all though I don't recall). I think the same thing that happened with suepioer is going to happen to kaine (he stomps wolverine, then wolverine gets up and pins him).

#192 Edited by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@slimj87d said:

I am hoping that will happen. But IIRC the synopsis for the next issue is apparently wolverine and kaine will be best friends or something (I think it says something like "Kaine and wolverine worst enemies or best friends" all though I don't recall). I think the same thing that happened with suepioer is going to happen to kaine (he stomps wolverine, then wolverine gets up and pins him).

More than likely seeing that Marvel likes to display stalemates between heroes vs heroes, specially when these heroes have their own titles.

#193 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: @strider92: @laflux: @jashro44:

OK.

I think this fight goes down according to who the writer wants to see win coupled with whether we put the onus on martial badassery or superior stats.

If the writer wants to put the onus on stats, then it's feasible to see Kaine win like he did. Writer wants to put the onus on martial ability, then it's equally feasible to write Wolverine as winning. Problem is, the latter is by far more difficult to write effectively due to Logan winning means his antagonist is most likely mortally wounded or dead (as Kaine acknowledged at the onset - he almost got disemboweled in the first minute of the fight and this despite his speed advantage).

Wolverine losing is the easy route because unlike Kaine, or SpOck (or whoever) Logan won't die from what would otherwise be fatal blows. Conversely, the only blows Logan lands are all too often cosmetic (oh no, he scratched my face!). Getting tagged in the face with 12" claws that cleave steel like a "hot knife through butter" would have done far, far more than that - even if we want to assume he only partially connected.

The inverse? Well, hell - we can cleave Logan's heart in two because he heals. Easy route.

That's what sucks with Wolverine. I have no problem with a "Spider" type beating Logan via incapacitation. But both SpOck and Kaine have made it a brawl ... I feel that's where Logan's been getting the short end of the stick with Yost.

#194 Posted by laflux (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

I think the artist got the face slash wrong. I really think it was meant to be a glancing blow (like Spider-Man vs Logan in the Other Glancing blow), but it seemed alot more heavy handed than that.

While Logan not using any martial arts skill was kinda disappointing, I do think the fight was in the right direction when compared to SpOck vs Logan (As in Kaine using Blunt Trauma attacks didn't work, and Logan kept up alot better). Although as for Kaine taking heavy slashes from Logan, he does seem to sport an impressive healing factor himself. He was impaled by one of Carnage's tendrils, and the damage seemed gone by the end of the issue. So maybe, a heavier slash was intended, to show of Kaine's resilience in comparison to say Spider-Man.

Okay, that's enough, I really bumped this thread to do this

@god_spawn @strider92 @jashro44 @slimj87d

*Clears Throat*

Spider-Man and Kaine are 100 tonners. SpOck Flat out Koed Logan in 4 hits, something WWH couldn't do in seven. Kaine is even stronger than Spider-Man, so Kaine not one shotting Logan when they fought was PIS. Even in that fight, Kaine breaks Logan's face in the fight with one blow.

The scans don't lie

Also Spider-Man and Kaine are Team busters. When SpOck was handing Logan his arse, none of the other Mutant dare step in, including the omega level mutants. When Kaine broke in the mutant school he was kicking all the mutants arse's so hard, Logan had to come and try to stop him, and then Logan got humiliated in front of his students........ Again. When Kaine Killed Logan, he asked who is next, and they all stood there, knowing the power of Kaine was just too much to handle

This matches up with when Logan, colossus, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Xavier where all beaten like red headed step kids by Spider-Man in the secret wars. As you can see, Spider-Man swats Logan away like a fly (Hence why Spider-Man can K.O him so easily). Nightcrawler ends up just praising Spider-Man in amazement, at how awesome he, as he swings off to give Titania a beating (who put She-Hulk in hospital mind you), and Logan admits that he got Clobbered. It also shows that Spider-Man is an Omega level Telepath as he was able to shield his mind, so Xavier couldn't sense him coming.

So there you have it, evidence to show Spider-Man beats Wolverine everyday of the week, and three times on Sunday (since he's extra religious).

*Rocks out to song below*

#195 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: So you're pretty much under the opinion that Yost jobs Logan to make his Spider characters look good in an inconsistent fashion? What about how he did with Kaine, though? He did give Logan fair treatment in the sense Kaine wasn't able to physically defeat him under normal means and I already made mention that Logan has healed from getting stabbed or shot through the heart and continue fighting, but when it's been destroyed completely, or at least not still one piece albeit a hole or two or not, Logan's been downed like when it was blown up in his chest. I've said it before, you're one of the only people I'll say has a better understanding of Logan than I do, so I would like your opinion if being stabbed and sliced into two pieces by a 12 inch+ venomous stinger by a 25 tonner possessed by a bloodthirsty spider entity?

#196 Posted by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Well I would have to disagree with the Hulk thing. Hulk was talking throughout that fight, so it's obvious he wasn't hitting Wolverine as hard as he wanted.

When you go back to the sPock fight, they don't talk at all, he's serious. Same thing with the Kaine part. It is clear that Hulk wanted to Wolverine to hear about the brain dead thing. In a matter of fact Hulk probably wanted Wolverine to feel each punch and feel helpless.

As for Wolverine, his throat is a common weakness now. I'm starting to see it a lot. Daredevil, Bucky, sPock, Skrull Elektra, there's a few more people or instances that have chopped him in the throat and it really messed up his fighting ability, granted he will heal from it, but Wolverine does not perform well without Oxygen against other skilled fighters, the chopped throat usually leads to other problems. Drowning is one of the only ways he could possibly die.

That being said, I think sPock winding Wolverine down onto the ground had more with him possibly crushing Wolverine's windpipe and then the slam exhausting all the air out of his lungs had more to do with it.

Kaine took Wolverine down by stabbing his heart and severing it. That's how he will beat WOlverine. He will either attack his heart, eyeballs, throat and other places. With his superior speed, he could continuously cut Wolverine and injecting him with poisoning slowing him down and KOing him.

#197 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: You realize he was trolling? And I can't believe you even brought up the DD throat chop and thinking SpOck was legit. I expected better of you, Slim.

#198 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50.

#199 Edited by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: You realize he was trolling? And I can't believe you even brought up the DD throat chop and thinking SpOck was legit. I expected better of you, Slim.

I know Spock didn't beat Wolverine. Never agreed with that. Wolverine was holding back punches and he pinned him right after.

All I'm saying is that I've noticed Wolverine's windpipe has been used against him quite a few times. It's not the windpipe but everything that comes after it from a skilled fighter that capitalizes on striking him in other places. I think Kaine takes majority because he doesn't hold back nor does he get nervous like Peter who has to crack jokes to keep his composure. He seems more focused on what he is doing and strikes vulnerable areas.

It would be 50/50 if it was purely h2h, claws against claws. But if he really wanted to use his web, agility, control of spiders, mark of Kaine and wall crawling abilities then Wolverine doesn't have a answer for all that and that puts it to 7/10.

The Mark of kaine is not to be taken lightly either, it can quickly cause someone to lose their vision.

#200 Posted by SlimJ87D (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Man, I just reread your post again and then listened to that song. I got trolled.