@spawn_123 said:

@spidey 15 said:

@sync1 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@jashro44 said:

@goodguy24 said:

Wolverine rips that Spider dude up.

How?

Wolverines Adamantium.... He should be able to rip his head clean off with those Adamantium blades that he has... Even if Scarlet Spider found a way to KO Wolverine.... Wolve would be back within seconds...

Wolverine 9/10

How exactly do you expect Logan to tag Kaine? Kaine would easily beat Logan.

Kaine lacks the spider-sense. Yeah, he's faster than Logan, but Wolvie's skills will allow him to tag him eventually and since Kaine doesn't posses a precog, Logan's skills is a much more deciding factor than it would be otherwise.

:)

Yes but Kaine is 5 times more faster and stronger he can KO him with one good punch in the face yes ?

Logan has faced faster people than Kaine before, that's not something new for him. Also one shooting him? Not even close.

#102 Posted by spawn_123 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

@spawn_123 said:

@spidey 15 said:

@sync1 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@jashro44 said:

@goodguy24 said:

Wolverine rips that Spider dude up.

How?

Wolverines Adamantium.... He should be able to rip his head clean off with those Adamantium blades that he has... Even if Scarlet Spider found a way to KO Wolverine.... Wolve would be back within seconds...

Wolverine 9/10

How exactly do you expect Logan to tag Kaine? Kaine would easily beat Logan.

Kaine lacks the spider-sense. Yeah, he's faster than Logan, but Wolvie's skills will allow him to tag him eventually and since Kaine doesn't posses a precog, Logan's skills is a much more deciding factor than it would be otherwise.

Yes but Kaine is 5 times more faster and stronger he can KO him with one good punch in the face yes ?

Logan has faced faster people than Kaine before, that's not something new for him. Also one shooting him? Not even close.

Oh ok than im sorry

#103 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Wolverine.Not sure though.....

#104 Posted by spidey 15 (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn_123: Not a prob.

#105 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Kaine know to use webs or at least have some knowledge on how Logan fights from his implanted memories from Peter?

Not saying that he'll be opening the fight with that, but it's not going to be something that he'll only figure out when it's already too late.

#106 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have a source for this picture? It was in both the wolverine and Kaine gallery.... Can anyone confirm this is Kaine? And does anyone know why the stealth suit looks like the way it did before madame web altered it?

#107 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Does anyone have a source for this picture? It was in both the wolverine and Kaine gallery.... Can anyone confirm this is Kaine? And does anyone know why the stealth suit looks like the way it did before madame web altered it?

Wherever its from, the art is brilliant. I've just seen my new desktop background. Also I think Kaine has got new abilites from the Other, which may or may not affect the battle outcome, but haven't got round to reading the issue. Could you inform me if possible.

#108 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine

#109 Edited by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

Wherever its from, the art is brilliant. I've just seen my new desktop background. Also I think Kaine has got new abilites from the Other, which may or may not affect the battle outcome, but haven't got round to reading the issue. Could you inform me if possible.

Its the cover to Scarlet Spider 17. Kaine Vs Wolverine!!! Its on! And yes Ryan Stegman is an awesome artist!

#110 Posted by TDK_1997 (15847 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins.

#111 Posted by JamesKM716 (2018 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine - 7-8/10

#112 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

Has that issue come out yet?

this is a really interesting match

i really see it both ways,

Wolverine should be able to tag Kaine with a lethal blow

and Kaine should be able to out do Logan with webbing,

#113 Posted by TheEd (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#114 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine.

#115 Posted by ghost_rider1 (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

I think kaine should win the majority by incapacitation

#116 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine.

Even after SpOck's facepalm of doom?

#117 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

It turns out when Peter rejected the other it went to kaine. In order to survive the wounds the lobo wolves gave him he embraced the full other and is now a human-spider-hydrid. We have yet to see his new powers in use

@Strider92: Interesting. So Yost is writing it? Seems like Kaine is going to win if thats the case.

#118 Posted by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yep Yost is writing and Carlo Barbieri is penciling. Yost mentioned Kaine is getting a power-up in part 3 of the Lobo arc. I have a feeling he may be giving Kaine a healing factor.

#119 Posted by BringnIt (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Scarlet Spider storylines entitled One More Day... Again and Brand Newer Day. Points for originality.

#120 Edited by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:I think Kaine all ready has a healing factor. He was stabbed through by carnages tendrils and he didn't seem to need any immediate medical attention and was stabbed a lot during minimum carnage IIRC. It doesn't seem to be wolverine level but he seems pretty good in terms of handling stabbing damage. All though the upgrades are going be interesting. I just hope he continues to use his speed the way he is currently. As opposed to tanking everything like he did during the clone saga.

#121 Edited by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Can't wait for the Scarlet Spider storylines entitled One More Day... Again and Brand Newer Day. Points for originality.

Oh the horror

@jashro44: True but it hasn't been stated outright although Kaine did take some hits in minimum Carnage that could have only been tanked had he had a healing factor. Given Yosts love of Kaine getting badly hurt (he got eaten in the last comic for christs sake lol) it does seem very likely that he would give Kaine an advanced healing factor to allow him to take the punishment Yost puts him through.

#122 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: True Kaine does seem to get hit more then spider-man does. I just hope if he gets a healing factor he continues to dodge bullets and avoid them and what not. I don't know if I want him to be a tank again.

#123 Posted by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I would only want him to be a tank if he was like his old-self. If he just heals then no i'd prefer him to stay as he is.

#124 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Agreed.

#125 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Strider92: True Kaine does seem to get hit more then spider-man does. I just hope if he gets a healing factor he continues to dodge bullets and avoid them and what not. I don't know if I want him to be a tank again.

Him getting hit doesn't really phase me to be honest. Kaine in many ways is meant to be what Spider-Man (Peter) turned out to be if he didn't have the moral guidance and love his family provided and was instead gifted with a nutcase as a parent (Jackal). His more brutal, hands on approach fits his character. In any case, its partially logical anyway since he lacks a Spider-Sense and has endured cellular degeneration, so being hit with bullets, knives and other things Spider-Man doesn't handle too well shouldn't phase him as much.

I do like how the power amp sounds though. However, I would also like Kaine to become more accepting of how he is, by fully accepting the Other.

#126 Posted by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Because I don't feel it is consistent, yes.

#128 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: Because I don't feel it is consistent, yes.

lol I jest, I was hoping you would give a less "measured" response, but you alluded me once more :( . It was a very inconsistent feat TBH.

#129 Posted by spidermannoir (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24: even superior spiderman ( otto isnt adaptive to peter'S body) KO'd him easily. 3 hit KOed logan.kaine is more powerful than peter. 1 hit=logan down

#130 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermannoir said:

@goodguy24: even superior spiderman ( otto isnt adaptive to peter'S body) KO'd him easily. 3 hit KOed logan.kaine is more powerful than peter. 1 hit=logan down

Inconsistent since Peter has previously laid into Logan with everything he had and didn't do much. It's silly to think Otto can KO him in 3 hits. Just because it happened, doesn't mean it is usable here.

#131 Posted by spidermannoir (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: yes it is.logan tried to hit him and SPock dodged him than KOed him.it is useful because it means logan's adamintium skelaton etc. doesnt give him durabilty.also kaine is more powerful than peter and has spikes.

#132 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermannoir: How much Wolverine have you read? Not asking in a mean tone, it's a legitimate question. Considering Wolverine has usually taken multiple blows from class 100 characters far beyond either's paygrade and I even mentioned an instance of Spider-Man laying into him with everything he had and it did nothing. Spider-Man has blasted Wolverine out of a supposedly unbreakable window from a skyscraper and Logan came back up fine. SpOck KO'ing him in 3 hits is inconsistent so you really have no argument using it.

#133 Posted by spidermannoir (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: look i am not spider fun (especially not spock) but it has done several times (in amazing,other verse etc.) and spidey got wolverine.if it is inconsistent for u it is writers problem

#134 Edited by SlimJ87D (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine is quite powerful being able to lift 20 to 25 tons. His authors have confirmed that he is the Others Spider-man power set. It is even confirmed further when you read his latest issue. He can very easily overload his web on wolverine like Peter did.

He has the same organic web shooting ability Peter has here. So I don't think Wolverine will be able to get out of this.

He does lack a spider sense though but still has his death touch.

#135 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

Kaine is quite powerful being able to lift 20 to 25 tons. His authors have confirmed that he is the Others Spider-man power set. It is even confirmed further when you read his latest issue. He can very easily overload his web on wolverine like Peter did.

He has the same organic web shooting ability Peter has here. So I don't think Wolverine will be able to get out of this.

He does lack a spider sense though but still has his death touch.

I agree Logan is not getting out of that, but the point is he does not utilize his webbing as much as Peter does. I still favor Kaine, but Logan will steal a few more wins because of Kaine's tendency to go in close and tank damage.

#136 Posted by SlimJ87D (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I think he uses his webbing quite a bit. He can also fight invisible which personally makes up for his lack of spider sense.

#137 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine doesn't use his webbing quite a bit nor is he crafty as Peter. I find Kaine webbing Logan for a majority is off. Comparing the 2 is practically moot.

#138 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermannoir said:

@god_spawn: look i am not spider fun (especially not spock) but it has done several times (in amazing,other verse etc.) and spidey got wolverine.if it is inconsistent for u it is writers problem

It hasn't happened several times so the point is still moot.

#139 Posted by comic_book_fan (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

kaine will have the uperhand at first but he will get tired and wolverine has tagged faster people and kain lacks the power to knock logan out. so at the end logan will kill kain after hours of fighting.

#140 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: Wolverine does have the ability to fight blind so I don't think the stealth suit will help him even if he does use it. Personally I say this fight could go either way....

#141 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Does the suit completely nullify smell and heartbeats? I know it has defense against sonics IIRC but can't remember if the inverse is mentioned or if it gets rid of smell. Even then, Wolverine can still sense changes in air pressure of rather quick attacks (done so against Cyclops's optic blasts) so that just goes along with fighting blind.

#142 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:The suit should cover Kaines heartbeat. Peter designed to sneak into Kingpins lair and he said it completely nullifies sounds and makes him invisible. Black cat needed special glasses and goggles in order to see and speak to spider-man when he used it IIRC. So I do believe it should cover Kaines heartbeat. All though wolverine has all ready proven he can smell kaine even in stealth mode. During the final issue of spider-island we see wolverine smelling something as kaine is trying to sneak away which would imply he is smelling Kaine. The stealth suit wont help him against logans sense of smell.

#143 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

During the final issue of spider-island we see wolverine smelling something as kaine is trying to sneak away which would imply he is smelling Kaine. The stealth suit wont help him against logans sense of smell.

Gotcha. Then I was right that it shouldn't cover up smell so the stealth feature isn't a factor.

#144 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@jashro44:

During the final issue of spider-island we see wolverine smelling something as kaine is trying to sneak away which would imply he is smelling Kaine. The stealth suit wont help him against logans sense of smell.

Gotcha. Then I was right that it shouldn't cover up smell so the stealth feature isn't a factor.

Yep. Here is the scan.

#145 Posted by God_Spawn (39248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Thanks, bro.

#146 Posted by jashro44 (29283 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: No problem.

#147 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine.

#148 Edited by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio
#149 Posted by Strider92 (18002 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Well Kaine has had an upgrade since this thread was made so....:p. Well if its current Kaine we have our answer. Pre-Ressurection Kaine Vs Logan could go either way.

#150 Edited by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@laflux: Well Kaine has had an upgrade since this thread was made so....:p. Well if its current Kaine we have our answer. Pre-Ressurection Kaine Vs Logan could go either way.

Yes, but is it really worth making another thread? Plus your ruining the moment!!!!!!!