Scarlet Spider (Kaine) vs. Black Tarantula (Carlos)

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BringnIt

Only thread I found was using classic Kaine. Takes place in Houston. Kaine knows that Carlos wooped Peter in the past and Carlos has seen media footage of Kaine. Standard battle forum rules apply.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jashro44

If kaine uses his stinger I think he will win. I think he is strong enough to stab black tarantula and do damage and he is fast enough to land a hit. All though if he doesn't use the stinger I see this going down the way spiderman vs black tarantula did.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BringnIt

You don't think BT's superior fighting skills and healing factor would allow him to still potentially beat Kaine who is looking for the kill?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

No. Spiderman ussuly lands more strikes on black tarantula and didn't it take him a day to heal from being stabbed? He did catch spiderman while he was blitzing but he got hit 2 or 3 times. I think kaine is fast enough to avoid the majority of his attacks.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Black Tarantula is more durable and stronger, and has a healing factor. I'd say if Scarlet Spider lands enough hits to Black Tarantula and dodges BT's attacks he would overwhelm BT and his healing factor. But, if Black Tarantula gets a couple of good hits in before he gets injured himself, I see BT taking this win.

Black Tarantula wins 5.5/10 because I would say BT's stacked powers are to much for Scarlet Spider.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt

@jashro44 Well, one could make the case that even though Kaine's speed and agility should be equal to or better than Peter's now, that due to his lack of spider sense he still would be at least slightly slower in combat than Peter is. He's been impressive so far, of course. I don't know the specific details of how long it took him to recover from the stab wound, I have only read a little bit of his stuff in Daredevil.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BringnIt

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek The most likely scenario is that Kaine and Carlos are approximately equal in strength (25 tonners). This isn't substantiated so far, but if he truly does have the Other powers, that is where he would be.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

BT wins. He's stronger, more experienced, certainly more skilled, pretty nice healing factor, and then his optic beam. And since this is Scarlet Kaine, he does not have his stinger or even a spider sense. He loses the only advantages he would have to beat BT.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BringnIt

Scarlet Spider does have stingers...

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daak1212

Good match, I have no idea

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

Well I agree he a will be easier to tag but he does have the advantage of being able to damage black tarantula. He did catch spiderman but outside of that I can't think of any other speed feats. My main problem with the whole tagging spiderman argument is that lots of people who shouldn't have done it, have done it. I think black tarantula is quick but i don't think kaine would have much issues dodging. He has done things like dodge a sniper point blank and catch arrows. I also don't think black tarantula can just ignore being stabbed.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BringnIt

The catching arrow thing was sweet, but made little sense. How'd he know it was coming? Oh well. And, no, I don't think he can ignore being stabbed, either.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daak1212

@BringnIt said:

The catching arrow thing was sweet, but made little sense. How'd he know it was coming? Oh well. And, no, I don't think he can ignore being stabbed, either.

Kaine? In scarlet Spider? He heard the arrow or atleast that's what I think. He has enhanced senses so he can here the string vibrate

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

@daak1212 Eh, I guess I can live with that explanation, although I haven't really seen anything from him or Peter that would indicate to me their senses are that good.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daak1212

@BringnIt said:

@daak1212 Eh, I guess I can live with that explanation, although I haven't really seen anything from him or Peter that would indicate to me their senses are that good.

Well either way, guy is also a supersonic fighter such as in that issue (you know that issue really is just one big feat fest for him) When the guy shoots the gun at him but Kaine has his back turnd to him to beat up the undead ninja but before the bullets which were out of the gun at the time reach him; he picks up the ninja and turns around to use him as a shield

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Tarantula.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VenomousDragon

BT

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#18  Edited By Deadcool

@jashro44: One stab would be enough to stop BT, the venom would do the rest pf the job by paralyzing him...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Strider1992

Ok theres a big difference between Scarlet Spider and the Spider-man who fought BT for one thing Spider-man was a 10-11 tonner at the time compared to Carlos's 25 tons. Kaine is apparently a 25 tonner as well putting him eqaul to BT in terms of strength. This should be enough to do what Peter couldn't which is make BT actually feel his blows.

The only thing BT has over Kaine in this match is his durability but if Kaine where to impale him on a stinger (which he'll have no problem doing) then Kaine will win.

Kaine wins about 6/7-10 due to equal strength and stingers.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BringnIt

Spider-Man used paralytics on Carlos during one of their encounters and they had zero impact. To say the stingers' poison would one shot him is speculative at best. Carlos is also a more skilled fighter than Kaine. Again, not saying Kaine cannot win, but it will not be particularly easy to just impale him with stingers and call it a day.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@BringnIt said:

Spider-Man used paralytics on Carlos during one of their encounters and they had zero impact. To say the stingers' poison would one shot him is speculative at best. Carlos is also a more skilled fighter than Kaine. Again, not saying Kaine cannot win, but it will not be particularly easy to just impale him with stingers and call it a day.

I'm not saying the poison would hurt him (because I doubt it would) i'm saying the act of impalement would do the job. When White Tiger sucker punched him it got the job done:

Kaine is fast enough to do this even if BT was concentrated on the fight. Although the poison won't beat BT stab wound would.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BringnIt

The poison part of my post was not addressed to you. Kaine is fast enough to stab Carlos, but Carlos is of comparable speed and a more skilled fighter so it's going to take some work to do. Not only that, it's not standard fighting procedure for Kaine to just stab, stab, stab off the get-go.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@BringnIt said:

The poison part of my post was not addressed to you.

Ah :p

@BringnIt said:

Kaine is fast enough to stab Carlos, but Carlos is of comparable speed and a more skilled fighter so it's going to take some work to do. Not only that, it's not standard fighting procedure for Kaine to just stab, stab, stab off the get-go.

I will concede that it won't be easy I just think Kaine as the edge. With regards to Kaine using his stingers it does look like they are becoming a bigger part of his arsenal as he used them quite readily on that guy in issue 5 and in the preview for issue 7 it shows him starting a fight with his stingers already drawn. So from what we've seen now yes he hasn't used his stingers consistently but perhaps later we'll get more of an idea.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BringnIt

@Strider92 That's reasonable.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashro44

@Deadcool: When has Kaine shown poison in his stingers?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strider1992

@jashro44 said:

@Deadcool: When has Kaine shown poison in his stingers?

Well technically he hasn't but Peter did when he had them and Kaine's new abilities haven't been properly explored so i'm pretty sure its a given that they are roughly the same as Pete's.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@Strider92: I don't know...When he stabbed the guy in issue 5 he didn't show any signs of poison (admittedly it could have been because he just left before we could see these signs)...Its possible but it seems to be an assumption. Did Kaines stingers in the clone saga show this effect?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strider1992

@jashro44 said:

@Strider92: I don't know...When he stabbed the guy in issue 5 he didn't show any signs of poison (admittedly it could have been because he just left before we could see these signs)...Its possible but it seems to be an assumption. Did Kaines stingers in the clone saga show this effect?

Those stingers where never explored and faded away into obscurity heck he basically had X-23 claws rather than stingers lol.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whatever happened to Black Tarantula and White Tiger? They were cool, should have stayed as Daredevil supporting characters 

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strider1992

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Whatever happened to Black Tarantula and White Tiger? They were cool, should have stayed as Daredevil supporting characters

Well last I saw of BT he was in hospital having just recovered from getting stabbed through the heart. Don't know where he is now.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44

@Strider92 said:

@jashro44 said:

Those stingers where never explored and faded away into obscurity heck he basically had X-23 claws rather than stingers lol.

lol yea they did sort of look like x-23's claws in a way. I just don't know for certain that kaine has spider-mans other powers for certain...Not sure if those stingers are poisonous.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#32  Edited By Joygirl

I'll go with BT, 7/10. Someone should make a BT vs. Cyclops thread. I'm too lazy, already made two threads today.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

BT