#1 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine and SpOck vs Peter and Ben

SpOck (Superior Spiderman) and Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

vs

Peter Parker (OG Spiderman) and Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider)

Rules

• Morals on, relationships with other characters do no matter, they are willing to fight each other
  • Only pre-existing knowledge of characters are allowed
  • Random encounter, no prep what so ever
  • No external help or resources
  • Fight is won by Death, KO, Incap or Surrender

New York City

• No Bystanders
  • Nigh time 10:00 pm
  • 50 meter staring distance
  • No BFR

WHO WINS?

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Spock is better than Peter. Ben is way cooler than Kaine.

Ben then beats Spock in posing as well outfit. Ben also has cooler Impact Webbing.

Ben wins because I said so.

#4 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Wait what

Not sure if trolling because experienced with Spider-Man...or massive typo.

On topic Kaine dominates Ben easily, then helps out Spock with spidey.

Team 1 takes it.

(I may be just slightly biased because I love Kaine.)

#5 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Wait what

Not sure if trolling because experienced with Spider-Man...or massive typo.

On topic Kaine dominates Ben easily, then helps out Spock with spidey.

Team 1 takes it.

(I may be just slightly biased because I love Kaine.)

Ben solos. He has all the Expeirance of Peter up to the Ninties and past that. Add to that he has the Awesome Impacts Webbing for easy Incaps. Add to that he has Spider Sense. Add to that he dresses way cooler.

Ben beat Venom in a 4 arc issue. Has Kaine beaten any Symbiot? No?!

Thought so.

Seriously tho, Ben Reilly >Current Kaine. Thats me tho.

#7 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben solos. He has all the Expeirance of Peter up to the Ninties and past that. Add to that he has the Awesome Impacts Webbing for easy Incaps. Add to that he has Spider Sense. Add to that he dresses way cooler.

Ben beat Venom in a 4 arc issue. Has Kaine beaten any Symbiot? No?!

Thought so.

Seriously tho, Ben Reilly >Current Kaine. Thats me tho.

Nah. Peter beat Ben in a random encounter twice. Even after the clone saga when he became Spider-man he openly admitted to being inferior to Peter because Ben didn't use his powers for 5 years. He's nowhere near as experienced as Peter as he only has Peter's memories prior to him meeting Mary Jane. Hence the reason Ben never fell in love with her because he never met her prior to the clone saga. Ben's first appearance was way back in the 70's (1975 to be exact) he then didn't reappear until the 90's. He missed out on about 25 years of stories as he was meant to have been killed back then during his first fight with Peter. It was just some smart-ass writer in the 90's decided to say "hey the clone didn't die the Jackal replaced his unconscious form with another dead clone".

So no Ben is far from as experienced as Peter. Peter beat him twice in a random encounter and Ben beating Venom as the Scarlet Spider was PIS. He one-shotted Eddie by using impact webbing something Venom shrugged off easily in Ben and Venom's second encounter when he became Spider-man.

Kaine on the other hand was confirmed to have been an assassin during the those missing fives years and used his abilities on a regular basis as well as taking on a few of Spider-man's opponents during that time. Kaine does have more experience in combat than Ben but less experience with his current powerset. Due to the fact Kaine doesn't trigger Ben's spider-sense and also that his impact webbing can be ripped by someone of equal strength to Spider-man (as confirmed in the clone saga Ben made the webbing strong enough that he could tear himself free if it ever backfired and Spider-man clones ripped out of it with ease also putting the Venom feat at even more of a PIS moment) combined with his laxed morals and knowledge of Ben's fighting style its very unlikely Ben would take a majority.

#9 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by laflux (17470 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Nah SpOck is not as good as Peter. He doesn't have Peter's memories, experience, or isn't nearly as good as him in H2H (due to Way of the Spider). His standard Gear also isn't as good.

As for Ben Reilly- he should be less than Kaine. Your right, Ben Reilly did beat Venom, with Impact Webbing (which he didn't try to dodge IIRC), but physically, he was completely written off- Venom was laughing off his best blows. Furthermore, Kaine has a very clear physical advantage over Ben due to the Other. To quote the Speed edge the Other gives you........... (look at third scan).

He's also stronger as well, and this is enhanced by the fact that has more laxed morals, so will be using his greater strength more effectively. And yes Kaine doesn't have a Spider-Sense but it doesn't matter as they are clones of one another, so Kaine won't be set Ben's sense off. This is more harmful to Ben, due to Scarlet Spider's ability to turn invisible. Plus Kaine has the ability to mix up his attacks with stingers, and acid touch.

Furthermore how can you say the Stealth Suit<<Ben's makeshift suit?

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: @laflux: Oh wow... you hear that? What is that sound? Its me not giving a dman and bias as Ben is cooler in everyway to Kaine who went from Unexplained Power House with Burning Touch to Current Kaine who cannot even harm Carnage who Peter beaten all the time.

Besides, in the end I hate 616 Spider Mans at this point in my life thanks to the Battles Forum. Ben is the only saving Grace as fond memories as a child. And for that reason alone he solos!

PEACE!

#12 Posted by laflux (17470 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: @laflux: Oh wow... you hear that? What is that sound? Its me not giving a dman and bias as Ben is cooler in everyway to Kaine who went from Unexplained Power House with Burning Touch to Current Kaine who cannot even harm Carnage who Peter beaten all the time.

Peter doesn't beat Carnage all the time ( And neither should he come close). Furthermore, Kaine broke Carnage's neck, and his Stingers where ripping through his face. Granted Kassidy healed from it, but physically its still alot better than Peter managed.

Besides, in the end I hate 616 Spider Mans at this point in my life thanks to the Battles Forum. Ben is the only saving Grace as fond memories as a child. And for that reason alone he solos!

You seem upset. Have a Cupcake......

PEACE!

Also you think what me and @strider92 are doing is bad, have a look at the Scarlet Spider vs Wolverine thread. Go through what @god_spawn went through, then you can use O'Doyle references..........

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I been through it. Its a train wreck of Wolverines failing popularity.

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: kaine punched through venoms jaw

He actually stabbed through his jaw with his stinger, which is much less impressive.

#15 Posted by frogdog (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

Is CadenceV2 always this butthurt about 616 Marvel characters?

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic, most people are probably going to say Kaine is the MVP here, with his stealth suit, laxed morals, and physicals. However, I am going to go out on a limb and say Peter can take him. His Way of The Spider training just puts him in an entirely different league that anyone here. I honestly think people don't give him enough credit. I mean, Madame Web could see every move Peter was going to make, before he even thought of making it. However, Spider-Man's pure technique was so advanced, that he was capable of putting her into a position where all she could do was defend. Stalemating a precog is pretty friggin hard to do. Peter already did well enough against Man-Spider Kaine; as far as I'm concerned, Scarlet Spider Kaine is just a weaker version of the same character who sometimes turns invisible. Kaine's aggressiveness also isn't a big advantage considering half the time he just ends up getting mad.

SpOck is no problem. Without Peter's memories, he'll get blitzed the same way Peter blitzed those three spider-powered characters during Spider-Island. Even Ben can probably beat him.

Team 2 wins.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Is CadenceV2 always this butthurt about 616 Marvel characters?

90% of the Time.

#18 Edited by dondave (38771 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a toss up for me. Kaine is clearly the most physically superior opponent here. But quick question, are we incorporating "The Other" at all? It's been displayed twice so far outside of a full transformation IIRC. SpOck is a far more tactical Spider-Man than Peter is but he's lacking in experience, less determined in combat and less established in terms of using the iconic webbing which Peter has so masterfully crafted. I would say Kaine could take on and defeat Ben due to quite an impressive pain tolerance and the stingers are a nice bonus. Peter can defeat SpOck due to more experience with his skills, webbing and powers.

It basically would just come down to Kaine vs Peter, which honestly could go either way. Kaine is supposedly superior to Peter in terms of physicality but he's more of a rush first, think later type of fighter. That could work to Peter's advantage as he's dealt with that on multiple occasions.