• 56 results
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

Batman with prep time vs Spider-man, Daredevil, and Captain America.

Are people really serious thinking that he can take the three of them even with prep time. If so I can really see why he was up at the top of the over rated list.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

yes he can beat them all

just kidding lol

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Depends on how much prep he has.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

I think it was a week, so we will say a weeks worth of time.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By Final Arrow

Post Deleted.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Final Arrow

Wait wait wait, You forgot the Batman Factor!

Batman walks all over them screaming "IM THE GODDAMN BATMAN"

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

I think it was a week, so we will say a weeks worth of time.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Easily. He took down a small squad of White Martians, alone. They systematically took out the JLA, but Batman got away. When the Martians begin to come up missing one by one, the leader says, "He's only a man." And Superman says, "Yeah, only the most dangerous man on the planet."
Post Edited:2007-12-13 17:48:38

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Final Arrow says:

"Wait wait wait, You forgot the Batman Factor!Batman walks all over them scream "IM THE GODDAMN BATMAN""

Can nothing be taken seriously? There's no reason to look in any fights with Batman involved if this is all that comes out.

Andferne says:

"I think it was a week, so we will say a weeks worth of time."

I don't care anymore.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne

I seriously don't see how Batman can win this. Not 3 on 1. If he could have them 1 on 1 each then yes I can see him winning, but not 3 on 1.

Every battle I've seen has a stalmate of Batman vs Cap, so Cap haveig help and being one of the best tatical fighters is what makes Bat lose. Cap would adapt and overcome.

If it was Batman VS Daredevil & Spider-man Icould see him wining.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Andferne says:

"I seriously don't see how Batman can win this. Not 3 on 1. If he could have them 1 on 1 each then yes I can see him winning, but not 3 on 1.Every battle I've seen has a stalmate of Batman vs Cap, so Cap haveig help and being one of the best tatical fighters is what makes Bat lose. Cap would adapt and overcome.If it was Batman VS Daredevil & Spider-man Icould see him wining."

He has prep time, a week. I could beat Spider-Man, Daredevil and Cap with a week to prepare.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Final Arrow says:

"OH come on Buck , He is taking on cap , Spiderman and DD, With a weaks prep time, Bruce wayne could do that easily, Order a nuke and be done with it, If you think you are going to get a serious battle out of, Yeah batman gets a week prep and the others dont, then get real."

It's every Batman thread.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Final Arrow

Buckshot says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Wait wait wait, You forgot the Batman Factor! Batman walks all over them scream "IM THE GODDAMN BATMAN""
Can nothing be taken seriously? There's no reason to look in any fights with Batman involved if this is all that comes out. Andferne says:
"I think it was a week, so we will say a weeks worth of time."
I don't care anymore."

OH come on Buck , He is taking on cap , Spiderman and DD, With a weaks prep time, Bruce wayne could do that easily, Order a nuke and be done with it, If you think you are going to get a serious battle out of, Yeah batman gets a week prep and the others dont, then get real.

I mean if we gave Cap and DD a weeks prep and maybe it would be a fair fight and just throw spidey in as a wild card, Im come on!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Final Arrow says:
"OH come on Buck , He is taking on cap , Spiderman and DD, With a weaks prep time, Bruce wayne could do that easily, Order a nuke and be done with it, If you think you are going to get a serious battle out of, Yeah batman gets a week prep and the others dont, then get real."

It's every Batman thread."

Agreed.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Final Arrow

Buckshot says: "Final Arrow says: " OH come on Buck , He is taking on cap , Spiderman and DD, With a weaks prep time, Bruce wayne could do that easily, Order a nuke and be done with it, If you think you are going to get a serious battle out of, Yeah batman gets a week prep and the others dont, then get real." It's every Batman thread."

I know, But most threads have him going up against Thanos or something silly and I never post random stuff in the good battle threads, This one rates on the silly side, I actually think that is the first time I have posted that!

If you want Batman to be taken seriously then a good battle is needed, With little prep time, Cause this my friend is a joke!

Post Edited:2007-12-13 18:04:54

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Final Arrow

Same goes for you!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Final Arrow says:

"Same goes for you!"

Excuse me!?

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

Read above !

I just think people get tired of Bats, Being put up and given massive amounts of prep time, thats why the Batman battles head down the route of stupidity, But I am taking this way of subject My bad!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Final Arrow

Buckshot says:

"Colt Python says:
"Bats wouldn't need much time to prep for DD and Cap, but it would be hard for him to prep for Spidey.As smart ase Bruce is though,he could probably do it.If Marvel was actually writing this...they would kill Batman.If DC was writing it..Batman would probably kill Daredevil,and hurt Cap and Spider-man really badly.Cap would probably be paralyzed or something.With no prep time..Bats is done though."
Neither company would have Batman die *or* kill. Final Arrow says:
"Read above ! I just think people get tired of Bats, Being put up and given massive amounts of prep time, thats why the Batman battles head down the route of stupidity, But I am taking this way of subject My bad!"
It happens in battles where he doesn't have prep and also in one's that aren't lopsided like you said. Those aren't excuses. "

Seen you do it yourself , So why is it that when I have done it once, That I have become the target, Maybe it's just diffrent rules hmmmmm!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Colt Python says:

"Bats wouldn't need much time to prep for DD and Cap, but it would be hard for him to prep for Spidey.As smart ase Bruce is though,he could probably do it.If Marvel was actually writing this...they would kill Batman.If DC was writing it..Batman would probably kill Daredevil,and hurt Cap and Spider-man really badly.Cap would probably be paralyzed or something.With no prep time..Bats is done though."

Neither company would have Batman die or kill.

Final Arrow says:

"Read above !I just think people get tired of Bats, Being put up and given massive amounts of prep time, thats why the Batman battles head down the route of stupidity, But I am taking this way of subject My bad!"

It happens in battles where he doesn't have prep and also in one's that aren't lopsided like you said. Those aren't excuses.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Final Arrow

I will see if I can find it, Or maybe you commented on it saying, "How could we forget that", Let me hunt it down!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Final Arrow says:

"Seen you do it yourself , So why is it that when I have done it once, That I have become the target, Maybe it's just diffrent rules hmmmmm!"

Please show me where. I've thought it was stupid since the moment Gambler said it and it pretty much derailed the conversation we were having about Batman/Robin vs Cap/Winter Soldier.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

Even with a weeks times this team is too much for one man to handle IMO.

Lets look at the match-ups 1 on 1 first.

Cap VS Bat seems to be a very stalemate fight in most peoples opinions. Both are great fighters and expert tacticians. Cap 'should' have the edge on strength, durabiliy and speed, while Bat's get the intelligece category.

Spidey vs Bat both are very smart people and I would give that edge to Batman, but not by much. Againt Spider-man is much faster and stronger, plus has his spider-sense. This too should/would be a close match for Batman 1 on 1

Daredevil vs Bat is probably the easiest fight for him out of the three, but by no means do I mean that lightly. Devil is still a tough opponet for him and I look for it to be a close fight and very entertaining with this being the only one Batman wins 1 on 1

Now we throw the 3 of them on a team VS Batman with NO prep time he gets wiped. Does not have much a chance, and to be honest h really shouldnt.

Now with a weeks time he might be able to find some tricks, but these three are no novices to fighting and none of them are dumb brutes. All are very intelligent and excellant fighters. If the 3 of them had never worked with each other before or sometihng like that I could feasibly give Batman a chance, but these 3 characters KNOW each other well. They have fought alongside and against each other on many ocassions. Thier knowledg of each other would be too much for Batman. They would work too well as a team for him to overcome.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Andferne says:

"Even with a weeks times this team is too much for one man to handle IMO."

Batman sets up the fight in a room set to be pumped with an undetectable knockout gas. He comes to the fight with a gas mask and a portable forcefield. They hammer ineffectively on his forcefield for the few seconds before they pass out. Batman is the victor.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phorqe

If Batman has a week prep time he needs to spends every minute of that week praying he doesn't get his ass ripped in half.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Andferne

I guess he gets the Bat-portable forcefield the same place he got the Bat-Shark Repellant spray right :)

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Andferne

But seriously Spider-man would not let his team go into that room. His spider sense would be setting off before he walked into that room.

And from Cap's actical standpoint sense Spder-man has the best relfexes and th spider sense he is scout, goes first etc. He doesnt head into the room then they sure as h311 are not.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Rotten gun

bats can win and thats why he is over rated

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fear monger

i was born in new zealand and i still pick cap

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andferne

lol

dishwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dishwasher

so cap has a week prep time right?

hell he needs five minutes!

RING RING

DARK VOICE ANSWERS-HELLO...

cap- this is captain america do you want to stomp batman today?

dark voice- always...

cap- alright thanks.....BANE

BANE-no problem...

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32  Edited By The_Martian

With a weeks prep time, I don't see any reason why he couldn't win. Yes, I will say it. With that much prep, Batman could beat Spider-Man. With his vast resources there is no reason for him to not come up with some invunerable Iron Man suit with a Bat theme to it that none of the Marvel guys could break through.

dishwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dishwasher

ok batman, is number one the fakest comic book charater on the planet.

that's all i'll give you, but let's say your a writer, and you see how each of the people fight.

for instance batman could fight cap one on one, they are almost equal in skill, and batman is the BEST EVERYTHING best inventor, best fighter in the dc universe, best everything.

but if you add all 3 of the heroes together you get way more than even THE BEST could handle, you get the street smarts of daredevil, and the street fighting ability leadership of captain, and the smarts of spidey.

this is a dood in a comic book, i mean the comic that MADE HIS OWN WEB, we can't even come close to a substance like SPIDERMAN MADE IN THE COMIC BOOK and mass produces for web.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Andferne

This is one of the main reasons why Batman is regarded as one of the is not "THE" most overratred super heros. This Bat-factor is rediculous (prep-time=batman winning)

2 of his 3 opponets out class him in every way except intelligence, and one of them matches him there or at least close enough to it.

I agree that Daredevil can be taken out of this fight easily for Batman with prep time, but that still leaves him Captain America one of the best hand to hand fightes around, who is stronger, faster, more durable and just as good a tactician. Great fighter that can think on his feet, A natural leader. Then not only does he have to compete with that but he als has to deal with Spider-man who also is waaaay stronger and faster.

Easy scenerio; Bat uses the first part of his plan to disable Daredevil useing some sonar type thingy. While he does this Cap moves in on him. Daredevil is out of commision grabbing his head in pain. Spidey shoots a webbing, benefit of the doubbt Batman dodges the first assualt. By then Batman and Cap are engaged in melee cobat. He has to focus his attention on Cap here or he gets knocked the F$^% out. While his attention is set on Cap Spidey keeps trying o web Bats. Eventually he does or will and when that happens Cap is gonna knock his block off.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Andferne says:

"I guess he gets the Bat-portable forcefield the same place he got the Bat-Shark Repellant spray right :)But seriously Spider-man would not let his team go into that room. His spider sense would be setting off before he walked into that room.And from Cap's actical standpoint sense Spder-man has the best relfexes and th spider sense he is scout, goes first etc. He doesnt head into the room then they sure as h311 are not."

That was just a lame scenario that probably wouldn't take Batman more than five minutes to cook up and implement. Why is it so hard to believe Batman can have a forcefield? Do you not know how much advanced, future or alien tech is available to Batman if he really needs it? You think Batman can't rig wherever they're fighting (and if they chose not to fight, that's a forfeit, but there are many things he could do that they couldn't detect) with knockout gas, light generators to induce disabling epileptic fits, sonic devices for making them deaf or hamper their movement, hypnotic devices to induce sleep or control them, and a myriad of other pieces of technological equipment for various debilitating affects.

And if all else fails or he doesn't feel like being crafty, he could just have his bat jet fly by and drop a nuke on the whole place while he teleports away.

This isn't a case of some fanboy saying Batman can beat anyone with prep, it's Batman being able to beat two skilled humans and a metahuman thanks to all that he has at his disposal, more than enough prep time and not being born deaf, blind and dumb. I really can't believe someone who knows Batman doubting that he could beat these three with a week of one-sided prep. I'm forced to conclude that you don't know who Batman is.

dishwasher says:

"and batman is the BEST EVERYTHING best inventor, best fighter in the dc universe, best everything."

You also don't know who Batman is. He's not the best fighter, he's not the smartest, he's not the best at everything. If he could claim to be the best at anything it would have to be being the best detective (only because he's billed as such) or the best at mastering hundreds of different skills ranging from physical to intellectual (and Mr. T probably beats him out here).

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rotten gun

Buckshot says:

"Andferne says:
" I guess he gets the Bat-portable forcefield the same place he got the Bat-Shark Repellant spray right :) But seriously Spider-man would not let his team go into that room. His spider sense would be setting off before he walked into that room. And from Cap's actical standpoint sense Spder-man has the best relfexes and th spider sense he is scout, goes first etc. He doesnt head into the room then they sure as h311 are not."
That was just a lame scenario that probably wouldn't take Batman more than five minutes to cook up and implement. Why is it so hard to believe Batman can have a forcefield? Do you not know how much advanced, future or alien tech is available to Batman if he really needs it? You think Batman can't rig wherever they're fighting (and if they chose not to fight, that's a forfeit, but there are many things he could do that they couldn't detect) with knockout gas, light generators to induce disabling epileptic fits, sonic devices for making them deaf or hamper their movement, hypnotic devices to induce sleep or control them, and a myriad of other pieces of technological equipment for various debilitating affects. And if all else fails or he doesn't feel like being crafty, he could just have his bat jet fly by and drop a nuke on the whole place while he teleports away. This isn't a case of some fanboy saying Batman can beat anyone with prep, it's Batman being able to beat two skilled humans and a metahuman thanks to all that he has at his disposal, more than enough prep time and not being born deaf, blind and dumb. I really can't believe someone who knows Batman doubting that he could beat these three with a week of one-sided prep. I'm forced to conclude that you don't know who Batman is.i think you inadvertantly proved that batman is over ratedi
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andferne

Batman is Bruce Wayne right? If so I know who he is :)

Sorry had to do it

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rotten gun

Buckshot says:

"Rotten gun says:
" i think you inadvertantly proved that batman is over rated "
If he couldn't actually do any of that I would be overrating him, but since he can, I'm not. Just because people don't like that he can do something doesn't make him overrated. "

no thats exactly what makes him over rated...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Rotten gun says:

"i think you inadvertantly proved that batman is over rated"

If he couldn't actually do any of that I would be overrating him, but since he can, I'm not. Just because people don't like that he can do something doesn't make him overrated. Not to mention the fact that the post ended with me saying that he's probably not the best at anything in the DCU except being a detective, if that.
Post Edited:2007-12-18 01:51:53

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rotten gun

Buckshot says:

"Rotten gun says:
" no thats exactly what makes him over rated..."
How do you function in life without knowing what words mean?"

wow! that was nasty... all though people say over rated the general person knows the intended meaning is over written... happy now?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Rotten gun says:

"no thats exactly what makes him over rated..."

How do you function in life without knowing what words mean?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I know what you meant but it's not what you said. Words mean things. Use the words that mean what you're trying to say. And "overwritten" is purely opinion. I rarely think he is and nothing I posted supports that idea anyway. Anyone (in DC or Marvel) that was as wealthy and intelligent could do the exact same thing I said Batman could. Iron Man, Black Panther, Reed Richards, Doom, Amadeus Cho, Lex Luthor, Vandal Savage, Brainiac 5, Mr. Terrific, etc, etc, could all do the same. Hell, Robin could do it. He has the connections and access to the cash to get any of those strategies underway.

buhdlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By buhdlight

I'm sorry, I just have to point out that you said words mean things. That my friend, was brilliant.

buhdlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buhdlight

Post Deleted.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn

Andferne says:

"Batman with prep time vs Spider-man, Daredevil, and Captain America. Are people really serious thinking that he can take the three of them even with prep time. If so I can really see why he was up at the top of the over rated list."

Hey Andferne ! Thats nothing my friend created a post where The Hulk vs Supergirl, Superboy, Power Girl on Marvel ! And out of 2- posts on his thread 17 of them said that The Hulk would win with ease ! Its crap like the The Hulk threads and the thread that you mentioned that really ticks me off with Marvel Boards.

Black Smile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Black Smile

I can honestly say it would be a fight to the teeth though despite the apparent

strength and agility advantage the other three have on batman we cannot forget that he has faced opponent with the same advantages and beaten them

also given prep time he could develope methods to deal with all of his opponents abilites and weapons

so honestly i would have to say that batman could do it but he would have to use every resource available or he would loose

its a fifty fifty really

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

This is why I don't like giving prep time in battles. If one side has prep time they can achieve almost anything. It's not just Batman, as Buckshot said, lots of people would be able to come up with unbeatable strategies.

Could Batman take all three, at the same time, on his own, with just his normal equipment (no vehicles)? I think he could, but most likely would lose. It depends on your arena though. If it were just an empty room then Batman has nowhere to hide and would be forced to fight three skilled fighters at the same time. If it were a sewer or a forest, Batman could "divide and conquer" and stands a much greater chance of winning.

Avatar image for kraung_the_conqueror
Kraung The Conqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler says:

"Andferne says:
"I seriously don't see how Batman can win this. Not 3 on 1. If he could have them 1 on 1 each then yes I can see him winning, but not 3 on 1. Every battle I've seen has a stalmate of Batman vs Cap, so Cap haveig help and being one of the best tatical fighters is what makes Bat lose. Cap would adapt and overcome. If it was Batman VS Daredevil & Spider-man Icould see him wining."
He has prep time, a **week.** I could beat Spider-Man, Daredevil and Cap with a week to prepare."

No kidding you beat me

buhdlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By buhdlight

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. why is it "bad writing" when some of the characters do something impossible, but not "bad writing" when an admitted tactical genius (Batman), but nonpowered human, can defeat superpowered beings who can move faster than a human can think, fly, has the strength to move planets, ect. Even the best military strategists in history couldn't beat an army of 100,000 led by Bush if they only had a pencil and a baking pan.
Post Edited:2008-01-01 05:02:05

Magic718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Magic718

batman wouldnt need a week he could kick all their asses one on one or three against one nuff said :-p