Savage Opress vs Master Chief

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

In my Maul vs Chief thread, the overwhelming consensus was that Maul's lightsaber is too lethal, and he is too fast and skilled. So, let's see how his bro does.

Rules

• Current versions
  • Savage cannot use offensive force abilities like force choke. He can only use the force to enhance his physical abilities and do other things like Saber Throw. He can also use force push/blast.
  • Chief has Cortana but not to shut down electronics.
  • Savage is wielding his red Saberstaff. Chief has a UNSC Assault Rifle with four clips, a Covenant Type-51 Carbine with four magazines, two frag grenades, one plasma grenade and an energy sword. All armor abilities.
  • In character.
  • Basic prior knowledge.
  • Random encounter.
  • Fight to the death.

Who wins?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen @shot Thoughts? Savage is slower and less skilled than Maul, but can use his TK pushes/blasts here. He should also be able to tank some bullets/blasts due to his durability, though not many. I made a respect thread for him that you'll see in General Discussion if you need more info.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Savage's TK can be rather overwhelming at times, but I have no idea what Master Chief can do in response to that so I won't pass judgement on the outcome of the thread.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage's TK can be rather overwhelming at times, but I have no idea what Master Chief can do in response to that so I won't pass judgement on the outcome of the thread.

He can fall down and get back up. LOL. I think Savage would utilize it as more of a defensive counter-measure if Chief starts getting close with his energy sword.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Master Chief.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7 tparks  Online

@frozen @shot Thoughts? Savage is slower and less skilled than Maul, but can use his TK pushes/blasts here. He should also be able to tank some bullets/blasts due to his durability, though not many. I made a respect thread for him that you'll see in General Discussion if you need more info.

I just checked out your respect thread for him. It's pretty solid. I got to go with Savage here. His force push is a game changer in a battle like this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thanks.

Really? Chiefs suit has handled far greater impacts. It's a good thing for Savage to use when he needs it but it's not like he can force choke chief or just hold him in the air with a force grip. He can only really blast him away.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9 frozen  Moderator
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 tparks  Online

@tparks: Thanks.

Really? Chiefs suit has handled far greater impacts. It's a good thing for Savage to use when he needs it but it's not like he can force choke chief or just hold him in the air with a force grip. He can only really blast him away.

I'm just talking about getting Chief off of his feet. I don't think Savage can beat him if Chief gets the chance to open fire before Savage can close the distance and finish him off with his light saber. I'm sure Savage can dodge/deflect a few bullets, but not if Chief can fire accurately with multiple bursts. It looks like Savage has a pretty mean push that can keep Chief off of his game so he can get in close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: True. It's a tough one. Savage isn't quite as fast as Maul, but he can still dodge blaster bolts, deflect blaster bolts with a lot of skill, and even tank quite a lot of them, but then Chief is a great marksman. And then, Savage can push him to keep him off his game. I think it's also worth noting that Chief could possibly be considered just as, if not more, skilled a fighter than Savage. He's also the same size, if not larger, than Savage, but stronger and more durable. Savage will need to rely on his speed and skill to win this one. But is he inclined to do that, like his brother? Hmm

@frozen said:

@i_like_swords: What can his TK do?

Basically send people/force sensitives flying. He's blown away half an army in joint effort with Darth Maul (between 50-60 soldiers), and has knocked out force sensitives with his blasts. He's busted through prison glass that is presumably blaster/explosive proof.

So he's quite powerful with his force blasts. But then it's nothing MC can't tank.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords: Chief has the ability to perceive soldiers in slow motion.

No Caption Provided

So it depends how he plays it. He has the speed to perceive people in slow motion and Cortana amplified his abilities. In Halo: Uprising (Marvel Halo comic) he slaughtered near enough a small army of them, and one of the reasons I believe that so is because of how he can perceive others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Savage has plowed through clones before, but he's never been explicitly stated to have seen people in slow motion (not yet, anyway).

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All armor abilities?! Chief can put up an autosentry and distract Savage, cloak, and then go in close using thruster pack/evade and stick him with a plasma grenade. He could probably deflect or dodge that, but with all armor abilities Chief just has too much mobility and versatility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this really make a difference compare to darth maul?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: Yes. Savage was Mauls apprentice and was LOLstomped by him. He isn't as fast or skilled and relies on strength - an advantage he doesn't have here.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, I use the same arguement. The bullets from the rifle will turn into a mass of lava. The magnum rounds would explode and blast metal.

If Savage leaves himself open just once, he will die. Spartans are expert marksmen. They would quickly aim for another body part if their first target didn't have effect. (Usually the head)

Can savage deflect or dodge 34 bullets in a rapid fire session? With the side stepping defence, Master chief would still be following him with a trail of bullets. Even if he can deflect all of the bullets, he still has the lava remains to worry about.

Then with the cortana advantage, He has the auto sentry to keep savage at bay. The regen field, overshields and other shields that cortana would give him to tank the lightsaber assault.

Then again, MAster chief would just have to fight him in H2H combat/ Energy swords.

Plus Master chiefs armor has been shown to tank covenant hunters plasma cannons point blank. That should be good enough. The plasma cannon should be the same as a lightsaber strike.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage stomps.