Savage Opress Vs. Ki-Adi-Mundi

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Savage killed Adi Galla. Could he kill Mundi?

Setting: Geonosis Execution Arena. Its empty save for some Geonosians sitting in the stands who have decided to watch the show.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

I believe Ki-Adi Mundi's best telekinetic feat was lifting a skiff?

Credit to Silver2467 for this scan
Credit to Silver2467 for this scan

I believe Savage's best TK feat is superior.

As for saber combat, I'm not exactly too sure. It depends on Savage's recklessness and sloppiness. Mundi has held his own against Grievous while he was quite tired, which is an impressive feat.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MasterJohn

Mundi. Ki can lift up Savage and force crush him like many jedi can. But it would be a interesting fight.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: He was able to kill Adi Galla. I agree, it does depend on whether or not his fighting style is refined or sloppy. Personally, I lean towards Savage, though I could see Ki-Adi-Mundi winning if Savage isn't fighting intelligently enough.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@shroudofsorrow: Savage is prone to making mistakes. If he makes a fatal one, he loses.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just been thinking about this match up. I think this one goes to Savage.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Savage wins.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give this one to Savage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mundi imo

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... Close call but i'd say Mundi

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juiceboks  Moderator

Savage for a majority.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mundi has nothing on Savage.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Savage is badass

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: I'd like to get more insight about why you think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage has taken on and stalemated or defeated opponents on par or better than Mundi in skill and he has better displays of power.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opress, but it's close!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Savage is better in every way, he wins decisively.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheVivas

Savage.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat: In my opinion, Mundi holds the most important advantage, which is blade skill. Savage beating Plo is nice, but has Plo done anything to put him above Mundi as a swordsman? Regarding Savage's fight with Plo, I believe Plo had negative circumstances. The clones served more as a hindrance to plo than a benefit, as he was shown to be concerned with the clones being killed by Savage. Plo has also said before he doesn't consider clones to be expendable. Also, as a Kel Dor, Plo would be more effected by physical strikes (correct me if I'm wrong). If I recall correctly, Savage had landed a physical strike to Koon before tearing off his mask. Considering Savage's strength, a hit from him would be very devastating to Koon. Not to mention, Savage finally beat Plo by exposing the gaping weakness on his face (which happened after Koon suffered a physical strike), he didn't outduel him. In my opinion, Savage won because the circumstances heavily favoured him (the clones didn't seem to hinder him at all), not because of skill. Savage's strength won't be staggering Mundi either, considering he was able to defend from Grievous while exhausted. He was also able to get up immediately seemingly unscathed after being kicked (by Grievous, the badass one) into two metal pillars with enough force to knock the pillars down on top of him. The only edge Savage has is his raw force power, which could afford him some wins, but not a majority imo. I'm curious as to why you think Savage would win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: Lol. Because being shot at is so much less taxing than .. well, I don't know what, because there is literally nothing hindering about having a squad of clones shooting at your opponent for you.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erkan12

@zaluk said:

The clones served more as a hindrance to plo than a benefit,

I don't even see how this is possible.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage is just better at everything that matters. Stronger, tougher, more skilled, more powerful. Ki-Adi might have an agility advantage, based on his showings in Republic, but that would be about the long and short of his advantages.

It would be a good fight though. Ki-Adi can hold his own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: @i_like_swords:

Lol.

Why do people always feel the need to add lol? Admittedly, I've done it in the past as well, but I fail to see why it's needed. What's the purpose? Is it meant to be degrading?

Because being shot at is so much less taxing than .. well, I don't know what, because there is literally nothing hindering about having a squad of clones shooting at your opponent for you.

Being shot at has rarely ever been a problem for a force sensitive, especially one as capable as Opress. How many Clones were firing at Opress exactly? The fact that Plo would be constantly looking out for the clones, trying to make sure they don't die while they do squat to Opress means his attention wouldn't be 100% on Opress, in fact one could argue that he'd be more focused on keeping the clones alive than taking out Opress.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk said:

Being shot at has rarely ever been a problem for a force sensitive,

You do realize that even Yoda, the Grand Master of the order, had to give his attention to a group of clone troopers in order to defeat it ?

Loading Video...

You can't possibly say that it was a hindrance for Plo rather than Savage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: Because your post was funny.

Being shot at has rarely ever been a problem for a force sensitive, especially one as capable as Opress.

Your double standards are pretty overwhelming bro. If being shot at isn't a hindrance for a "force sensitive as capable as Opress", having the welfare of a few clones in the back of your mind sure as shit isn't.

How many Clones were firing at Opress exactly?

Like five.

The fact that Plo would be constantly looking out for the clones, trying to make sure they don't die while they do squat to Opress means his attention wouldn't be 100% on Opress

For one, no, he wasn't constantly looking out for them. There was one panel where he said "look out".. the same panel where Savage was deflecting a blaster bolt without looking while fighting Plo. Seeing the pattern here? Blasters = bad. Clone trooper welfare = not a big deal. Plo lost.

in fact one could argue that he'd be more focused on keeping the clones alive than taking out Opress.

Holy shit lol. He was assigned to a strike team to kill or capture Maul and Savage. The clones' mission statement is to put their lives before everything else, in particular their Jedi Generals. Plo's a nice guy but he isn't going to take his focus out of a guy who is already kicking his ass just to keep a clone alive.

And again, this is still pointing out that Savage was being frigging shot at. Your complaint is that Savage won because Plo was distracted? So if Plo's better or even as good as Savage, why didn't he win all the times Savage took a moment away from the duel to murk a few clones?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @erkan12:

You do realize that even Yoda, the Grand Master of the order, had to give his attention to a group of clone troopers in order to defeat it ?

You do realize that 12 year old Kenobi dodged a blaster bolt he had no idea was coming his way due to the fact that that kind of stuff comes naturally to force users right? Of course Yoda had his attention to the Clones, he still needs to deflect the blaster bolts, doesn't mean it's gonna take any effort from him to do so.

Because your post was funny.

Glad I could amuse you?

Your double standards are pretty overwhelming bro. If being shot at isn't a hindrance for a "force sensitive as capable as Opress", having the welfare of a few clones in the back of your mind sure as shit isn't.

What? The clones wouldn't be a hindrance to Savage, due to the fact that deflecting/dodging blaster bolts come naturally for force users, trying to prevent clones from being killed by a beast, however isn't.

There was one panel where he said "look out"

Proving he's looking out for the clones.

the same panel where Savage was deflecting a blaster bolt without looking while fighting Plo

Proving deflecting blaster bolts is ez for Savage and requires pretty much no attention.

Holy shit lol. He was assigned to a strike team to kill or capture Maul and Savage. The clones' mission statement is to put their lives before everything else, in particular their Jedi Generals. Plo's a nice guy but he isn't going to take his focus out of a guy who is already kicking his ass just to keep a clone alive.

As a Jedi, Plo's objective is to protect as much as he can. Plo has stressed before that he doesn't consider clones expendable, so yes, he's going to be trying to complete his mission with the smallest amount of casualties as possible.

EDIT:

So if Plo's better or even as goodas Savage, why didn't he win all the times Savage took a moment away from the duel to murk a few clones?

It'd take Savage like less of a second to kill clones, he's not going to be able to kill someone who's comparable to himself within the time.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erkan12

@zaluk: I still don't see how can that even be possible, Plo isn't a babysitter of clone troopers, and they are soldiers and they can die in any mission, this is clones job, fighting, and they came there to fight against the Sith brothers. You're suggesting that Plo would do better without the clones to protect, if so, then Plo should've command them to not interfere, but he didn't, and clones proved themselves in both Order 66 (even Ki Adi Mundi himself died at the hands of clones) and in the attack on the Jedi Temple, they are not so weak as you meant to be.

Nevermind.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Savage wins a solid 8/10 in my opinion. Maybe 7

:(

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467

I still am at a total loss for how this interpretation of Savage's duel with Koon in Sith Hunters, that Koon was somehow the one at a disadvantage, became the common consensus. Koon has a group of clones on his side shooting at his enemy, and he is the one with the detrimental fighting circumstances? Grievous has been vilified in threads for capitalizing on the assistance of his magna-guards against individual Jedi in TCW, and that bit of dishonor has never received such frequent acquittal from posters. But Plo has clones attacking his opponent for him, and the recurring persuasion is that he's the one the situation rewarded unfavorably?

Someone enlighten me.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sorry Zaluk, I'm not following there on that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat: What I tried to get across (though perhaps not very well) was that I don't think Savage has anything that places him solidly above Mundi as a duelist, unless I'm missing something. Mundi also won't be staggered by Savage's strength. Savage's power advantage could afford him a few wins though. If you want I could explain further in PM or something.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone enlighten me.

Well Koon had the help of the clones, but in the end that was his undoing as well. He lost because he was distracted by his own troops, so that kinda evens it out. Now could've Savage beaten him in fair fight? Most likely yes, but Koon has a stylistic disadvantage, so to speak. Djem So is built around dominating and overwhelming your opponent with sheer strength. Thanks to Savage's stature Koon would find no luck there.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: I agree with you on that. I don't think Mundi is far outclassed here.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By alextheboss

Savage Opress wins in a good fight.

He beat two jedi without a lightsaber and he beat Adi Galia without too much trouble.