Telepath vs. Telepath

Xmen_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Xmen_forever

Emma Frost would win, Saturn Girl is week.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I was looking for a specific thread and I came across this one. It reminded me of something I read so I'm bumping it.

Morpher said:

Emma Frost would win, Saturn Girl is week.
Is she really weak? I've never really paid attention to Saturn Girl (Brainiac 5 is my favorite) so I don't know, but I'd like to. How powerful/skilled is Saturn Girl?

The "something I read" I mentioned before was this:
"She’s a ridiculously powerful telepath. Her mental abilities have at times managed to hold off gods. She’s made entire groups of Legionnaires believe that missing comrades were alongside them for months at a time, lobotomized enemies, beaten other top-league telepaths like rented mules. In terms of sheer power, Imra Ardeen is near the top of any scale upon which the Legion can be judged.
But what makes Saturn Girl the biggest badass in the Legion isn’t that she’s powerful. Lots of Legionnaires are powerful, after all. What makes her the biggest badass in the Legion is her inherent pragmatism - recently pointed out quite adeptly by Jim Shooter when she calmly mind-controlled Timber Wolf to stop him from killing somebody in a fit of rage, then mindwiped all the onlookers to make them forget that Timber Wolf snapped. Is this a violation of both T-Wolf and the assorted citizen’s mental dignity? Yes, that’s exactly what it was - and she did it anyway because it was necessary." -MightyGodKing

So, any hardcore Legion fans here that can tell me about Saturn Girl?

I probably should have done this on her page but whatever, this thread was here already.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

....Frost

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

Frosty hands down.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized

becoming immune to telepathy while a diamond

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792
pixelized said:
"becoming immune to telepathy while a diamond"

LOL  I'm backing Pix.  Emma's a powerful telepath herself, plus her diamond form, plus her accuracy. 
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Twilight Man said:
"Tricky one, this depends on which version of Saturn Girl this is. The original and post-Zero Hour versions of Saturn Girl were very powerful, although the "Threeboot" version (since 2005) is weaker. She has, though, been shown to hold down Timber Wolf's rage a couple of times.
"
Thanks for trying to answer my question. Can you tell me what you mean by "very powerful", some examples maybe?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm not really interested in the battle, just trying to find out about Saturn Girl. Looks like I'll have to find out for myself. Thanks anyway.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AngelFrost

All Emma needs to do is transform into her diamond form and then she'll be immune Saturn Girl
and since thats her only power, she'll be useless.

So Emma

but if it were a battle of the minds,
I'd have to say Saturn Girl, although Emma  is capable of powerful feats
SG whole planet are based on Telepaths, so they must know a few tricks.
and would know how to handle fellow telepaths.

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ellocobruja

Saturn Girl. 
The thing about the legion we all forget 
even though some have crazy powers 
all of them are crazy powerrful. 

I love Emma like a cool big sister but My cooler little sister Santurn Girl wins
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Emma did kick Rachel Grey's ass on the Astral Plane, and Rachel had the Phoenix Force.

I don't think this is a stomp in either regard, unless Emma turns into a diamond as stated above.  She's immune to telepathy in that form, and then she could just pound Saturn Girl until she passed out.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"Emma did kick Rachel Grey's ass on the Astral Plane, and Rachel had the Phoenix Force.  I don't think this is a stomp in either regard, unless Emma turns into a diamond as stated above.  She's immune to telepathy in that form, and then she could just pound Saturn Girl until she passed out. "
Rachel did not have the Phoenix Force when they fought (she had no parts of the force until she was off world and encountered Korvus), and a powerful enough telepath can get through her diamond form, it's been done.  Is Saturn Girl powerful enough?  I have no idea, but the op said telepath vs telepath, so I'm assuming this means Emma can't go diamond in this fight. "
I never did understand that. Rachel clearly had the phoenix symbol on her eye. yet u say she had no phoenix power?!
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Son Of Storm
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"Emma did kick Rachel Grey's ass on the Astral Plane, and Rachel had the Phoenix Force.  I don't think this is a stomp in either regard, unless Emma turns into a diamond as stated above.  She's immune to telepathy in that form, and then she could just pound Saturn Girl until she passed out. "
Rachel did not have the Phoenix Force when they fought (she had no parts of the force until she was off world and encountered Korvus), and a powerful enough telepath can get through her diamond form, it's been done.  Is Saturn Girl powerful enough?  I have no idea, but the op said telepath vs telepath, so I'm assuming this means Emma can't go diamond in this fight. "
I never did understand that. Rachel clearly had the phoenix symbol on her eye. yet u say she had no phoenix power?! "
It was just her manifesting the Phoenix as her psi signature, Jean has done it in the past without tapping the Phoenix Force (right after OZT, and the 12 saga, during revolution and during the New Xmen arch when she was headmistress) , when Rachel was stuck at the end of time she told Cable that while she was traveling through the timestream the Phoenix had completely left her.  Rachel did not start using that Phoenix psi sig, after her return until she took the name Marvel Girl and changed her last name to Grey all as homage to her mother, she may have been using the psi signature for the same reasons, but it was not the Phoenix Force. "
Ok then mayB u can explain this 2 me
She is trying to open a black hole but since u say she is just using PF symbol as homage. I've never seen Jean do anything close to this without the PF.
She is trying to open a black hole but since u say she is just using PF symbol as homage. I've never seen Jean do anything close to this without the PF.
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Belladonna

I was about to make a post like this -____-

But Emma win, As much as I love the Pink powered Saturn Girl xD

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost said:
All Emma needs to do is transform into her diamond form and then she'll be immune Saturn Girl
and since thats her only power, she'll be useless.

So Emma  but if it were a battle of the minds, I'd have to say Saturn Girl, although Emma  is capable of powerful feats SG whole planet are based on Telepaths, so they must know a few tricks. and would know how to handle fellow telepaths.

Agreed
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Emma mainly because she is smart enough to take the path of least resistance. Switch to diamond form once she realizes that Saturn Girl is a fellow telepath, smack her over the head, call it a day.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MKF30

I'm going Saturn Girl here in a tough battle
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Guys, Saturn Girl can fly. Emma becoming stronger and more durable doesn't give her an auto-win against an opponent she can't touch. I just read something about her having telekinesis. If that's legit (I'll check) it would mean that, coupled with her flight, she'd have the edge in a non-psychic battle.

Also, I'm still interested in seeing some of Saturn Girl's impressive feats.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Belladonna
@Buckshot: Volume 6 of the series establishes she has telekinesis now. But as for her feats. I'm a little clueless, never followed it, only Prime carnation of the Legion. 
Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot
Dang forgot about the flight ring
law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma's more powerful

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saturn girl

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost is the superior blonde and superior telepath.

" @ThanosIsMad said:
"Emma did kick Rachel Grey's ass on the Astral Plane, and Rachel had the Phoenix Force. I don't think this is a stomp in either regard, unless Emma turns into a diamond as stated above. She's immune to telepathy in that form, and then she could just pound Saturn Girl until she passed out. "
Rachel did not have the Phoenix Force when they fought (she had no parts of the force until she was off world and encountered Korvus), and a powerful enough telepath can get through her diamond form, it's been done. Is Saturn Girl powerful enough? I have no idea, but the op said telepath vs telepath, so I'm assuming this means Emma can't go diamond in this fight. "

I never did understand that. Rachel clearly had the phoenix symbol on her eye. yet u say she had no phoenix power?!

She did not in fact have the Phoenix Force. She simply manifests the symbol as a power signature. Her mother also did this multiple times without the Phoenix Force

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrealm: I checked the account and they are still active so it should not be a problem

Avatar image for deactivated-61ecfc5210277
deactivated-61ecfc5210277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saturn Girl?

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers