#1 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the version of Satele with the most tangible feats under her belt, which I believe is her as grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Round 1: Emperor's Hand Mara Jade

Round 2: New Republic Era Mara Jade

Round 3: NJO-era Mara Jade

Round 4: LotF Mara Jade

Setting: The Alderaan forest where Satele fought Darth Malgus

Who wins?

Versus

#2 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by Hyperlight (6569 posts) - - Show Bio

its hard to say because we havent seen much of satele.... but im assuming she is more powerful than mara jade but that cant be based off of much ... only that she is a direct descendant of Revan himself

#4 Posted by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

Satele Shan. It could be considered a "stomp", in regards to the Force.

In terms of saber duelling, Mara wins, almost a "stomp". Well, not really.

#5 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One I think Satele can win pretty easily all things considered. Not sure about two. Rounds 3 and 4 I give to Mara probably, but I'd also say they're close ones.

#6 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Satele stomps. A fully trained Jedi Knight (that's what she was during the Battle of Alderraan, she didnt become Grandmaster of the Order until a fair bit later), against a shadow agent that was given only basic Force training? Satele wins

A little bit closer, I still say Satele wins. Mara is catching up though.

Here's where the fight gets interesting. Mara definitely has the edge in saber skill if we're talking about Knight Satele in this thread. Force power is closer than you think, with Satele likely holding a little edge in that department. Mara's training under Luke and her own versatility makes this power gap moot though. Mara pulls this one out.

Mara wins. At this point in her life, she has displayed more potent manifestations of ability and skill than anything Satele has shown at that point in her career.

#8 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: All fair arguments, except I said that this was Satele as grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

PS: Do you think you could post your thoughts on some of my other more recent battles? I never did get any comments on them...

#9 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#10 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Satele should win all of these. Mara is probably more skilled in lightsaber combat but Satele has the edge with the Force.

#11 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: If nothing else, Round 4 should be close. LotF Mara Jade was able to do well against Darth Caedus after all.

#12 Edited by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

Satele stomps. A fully trained Jedi Knight (that's what she was during the Battle of Alderraan, she didnt become Grandmaster of the Order until a fair bit later), against a shadow agent that was given only basic Force training? Satele wins

A little bit closer, I still say Satele wins. Mara is catching up though.

Here's where the fight gets interesting. Mara definitely has the edge in saber skill if we're talking about Knight Satele in this thread. Force power is closer than you think, with Satele likely holding a little edge in that department. Mara's training under Luke and her own versatility makes this power gap moot though. Mara pulls this one out.

Mara wins. At this point in her life, she has displayed more potent manifestations of ability and skill than anything Satele has shown at that point in her career.

She is considered as Grand Master for all of them.

TK wise, she should stomp. Saber wise...... the opposite.

#13 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Shouldn't Satele at least be able to win a lightsaber duel in the first two rounds?

#14 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Crud. Just read that part. She stomps a TK battle with ease.

We really dont see enough of Satele's dueling ability to say where she stands. Granted, I need to play TOR before I make any judgement on game canon ability.

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if it does come down to a lightsaber duel, Satele should be able to push Mara away pretty easily.

Skip to 4:04 for a good display of her Force push.

Also, 3:40 is good for if Mara can beat Satele sooner than Satele can Force push Mara.

#16 Edited by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: That's not an impressive display of saber duelling....... though the final Force Wave was achieved only because Satele had used Tutaminis to absorb Malgus's lightsaber blade beforehand.

@shroudofsorrow said:

@ShootingNova: Shouldn't Satele at least be able to win a lightsaber duel in the first two rounds?

Satele doesn't have many impressive saber feats tagged to her name. I haven't read Annihilation yet, but I read what was on Wookieepedia (skimmed it, really) and I don't think there was any battling for Satele in that.

@steelhound56 said:

@ShootingNova: Crud. Just read that part. She stomps a TK battle with ease.

We really dont see enough of Satele's dueling ability to say where she stands. Granted, I need to play TOR before I make any judgement on game canon ability.

Apparently (this is not shown but is said, and by her directly, so I see no reason for it to be a lie) she has crippled multiple (I think it was four) Dreadnaughts (those Imperial ships) with TK. I'm not sure she actually did it herself, or if she used the some of the ships's blaster cannons or what...... though I highly doubt the latter would get anybody anywhere against Imperial Dreadnaughts.

#17 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I know, but it is a good display of her Force powers.

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: LOL. Okay.

#19 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@guttridgeb: LOL. Okay.

Are you trying to be condescending?

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: No.... what gave you that impression? I was simply saying "LOL" at my misunderstanding of what you were posting, and "Okay" because I finally realized what you were trying to get out.

#21 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: My apologies, I've spent too much time with my brother who tries to be condescending and patronizing with every word he says. Plus I'm paranoid anyway :)

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (18995 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: No worries. LOL. Just to tell you, I'm the opposite of that and I don't look down on people simply because of intellectual matters.

#23 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Satele doesn't have many impressive saber feats tagged to her name. I haven't read Annihilation yet, but I read what was on Wookieepedia (skimmed it, really) and I don't think there was any battling for Satele in that.

What are Mara Jade's lightsaber feats as of her time as the Emperor's Hand?