Satan (Marduk Kurios) vs Lucifer (Morningstar)

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lance Bastro

In hell

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Satan gets squashed. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Satan loses... in a sense it would almost be like Lucifer Morningstar vs First of the Fallen... since First of the Fallen is a lot like the Satan in a sense... 
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grand Ninja

Aren't they the same person 0_0

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Lucifer is above Satan in the Bible and in comics

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grand Ninja
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Lucifer is above Satan in the Bible and in comics "
i thought satan is lucifer
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Grand Ninja said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
i thought satan is lucifer "
Popular misconception in the Hebrew and Christian bibles Lucifer is the Angel who fell from grace to rule Hell and Satatn is only in charge of the 9th circle of hell he is like Lucifer's right hand man
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grand Ninja
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
i thought satan is lucifer "
Popular misconception in the Hebrew and Christian bibles Lucifer is the Angel who fell from grace to rule Hell and Satatn is only in charge of the 9th circle of hell he is like Lucifer's right hand man "
oh i see.. bc i though he was lucifer as the fallen angel of perfection or something like that until he fell and became satan.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Son_of_Magnus: That's not in the bible. And Satan was actually God's instrument. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: That's not in the bible. And Satan was actually God's instrument.  "
Yes it is it is in revelations and Lucifer and Satan are always talked as two different people in the bible
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Son_of_Magnus: That's what happens when you translate it through Latin and people make the same associations. Satan is a title, not a name. There is no Lucifer in Old Testament mythology. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Grand Ninja said:
" Aren't they the same person 0_0 "
I dont think so...
primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By primebonnick

Lucifer wins

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBatman586

Marduk Kurios isn't even the actual Satan in Marvel, just another poser. Lucifer stomps.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Lucifer for the major stomp.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By supermandefender
@Grand Ninja:  Well you have 2 interruptions neither of them are wrong or right.  The one where they are 2 different beings is quoting dante's inferno lucifer is selfishness out of the 7 deadly sins. And that Lucifer stands for the light bearer or the enlightened one....thats the definition of the name lucifer and satan means enemy/ or opponent. Now there is a link between the name lucifer and Satan that link the 2 and ill show where it comes from.

Ill explain where the link comes from after quoting the bible.  First ill quote then label where they are from and then ill put a - to how they are linked.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north, I will ascend above the heights of the clouds: I will be like the most high!: Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. (Isa 14:13-15 KJV)

-This part identifies Lucifer as the light bearer the son of the morning. The enlightened one. And it also says that he is cast out of heaven.  Next part and this is what links lucifer to satan and where most people identify Lucifer to satan or the devil. 

And he ( Jesus-God) said unto them, I beheld Satan as lighting fall from heaven.  (Luke 10:18 KJV)

-This identifies why Lucifer is linked to Satan because they both fell from heaven.....and Jesus said he beheld satan as light falling from heaven. Just like Lucifer.  This last part connects all the terms and names to Satan or the Devil. 

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the seal for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. (Rev 12:9,12KJV)

-And it was Peter who said the beware of the devil because he roams around like a lion seeking who he may devour. 

-All these are why some link the 2 names together even though the names mean 2 different things. The reasoning for this is because of how people view Lucifer as being a angel of good before he turned to evil. Now some people believe they are different level of demons that follow the 7 deadly sins and thats something else to look into if your curious. Such demons named Baal but they are also mentioned in the bible as devils or false gods. There are several others as well. 

But hey you are not wrong for thinking they are the same but niether are the people who say its not. Its all in the readers interruption.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Morningstar nearly dies of laughter at Satan's attempts at damaging him. Then Lucifer gets up, snaps his fingers, watches Satan turn to nothing, then heads off to laugh some more.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By supermandefender
@Son_of_Magnus:   Lucifer is not spoke as 2 different beings in revelations. The morning star in Revelations refers to Jesus I believe. The morning star as been referred to both Jesus and lucifer in the bible. 

@CosmicSpiral
Lucifer is quoted in the old testament bible. (Isa 14:13-15 KJV) Or king james version the Original. There are problems in translating the bibe....that i do agree with you. Heck I saw one stone tablet and i couldnt begin to understand a freaking thing. This below is the oldest book of moses that they actually have. Its amazing but I dont understand any of it. lol 
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i believe the name Lucifer is the name of the fallen angel who rebelled against God while the name Satan refers to the "adversary" who is more of a spirit.. also Lucifer is mostly associated with the "Angel" while Satan is mostly associated with the "Ancient Serpent of the Sea or the Great Dragon"..  

anyways, Marvel is not like DC who mainly focuses its cosmology on the Judeo-Christian belief.. unlike Lucifer from Vertigo who is portrayed as the actual Lucifer of bible, Marvel's Satan aka Marduk Kurios is just another Hell-Lord created from the dark energies of the fallen Elder Gods.. Satan is powerful as Mephisto i believe, as such, Lucifer Morningstar would defeat him rather easily.. 

Avatar image for disciple_of_nevendaar
Disciple_of_Nevendaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the hierarchy of angels, Satan belongs to the Seraphins who are the closest to god and Lucifer is rank below as a Cherubim. Those above always wield higher power. Looking at the hierarchy table, Satan is supposably stronger than Lucifer.

Aenvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Lucifer was the archangel who rebelled against God and eventually became Satan.

StupidRamsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StupidRamsey

@aenvus said:

I always thought Lucifer was the archangel who rebelled against God and eventually became Satan.

Satan is actually a very obedience servant of GOD.(bookof JOB), Satan do exactly as God told him nothing less nothing more. And he still obey to God nowadays( he is equivalent of Spectre in DC comic). Michael bitch slap Spectre, so Lucifer could do the same.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupidramsey: God never gave Satan one command in the book of Job. The whole story was Satan challenging God and the sincerity of the humans that worship Him. God didn't tell Satan to lie to Eve, Satan did that all on his own.