• 119 results
#1 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasuke fights Pain in the same scenario Naruto does.

Sasuke knows basic info on Pain. He has five second intervals between his deva path (Almighty Push) and that the paths have a linked field of vision.

For this battle Sasuke has the EMS

Fight to the death

#2 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

Only reason Naruto survived that fight was that Pain was only fight to K.O does Sasuke get that?

#3 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Only reason Naruto survived that fight was that Pain was only fight to K.O does Sasuke get that?

I'm not sure what you mean.

#4 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

Is Pain fighting to Kill or to K.O

#5 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by kelvinator (326 posts) - - Show Bio

sasuke has no chance. even naruto alone will have trouble beating pain.

#7 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11098 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@kelvinator: No chance? I believe Pain would win this fight. But I still give Sasuke a chance.

#9 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Ameterasu (Spammed) and Susanoo would definelty help

#10 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@paulson3lt: Shinra Tensai can be used to push away amaterasu, casually. And susanoo only works for so long, we know it can be broken with blunt force. The attraction orb thing and casual almighty pushes mean that Sasuke is at a major disadvantage. Also, soul pull (casual when one of the Paths did it), or the giant soul demon thing that took out all of those ninja right after Nagato summoned that statue for the first time.

#11 Edited by The Stegman (24424 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sasuke loses, but honestly, I think he does a better job than Naruto did.

#12 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: If he did better than Naruto wouldn't he of won?

#13 Posted by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by The Stegman (24424 posts) - - Show Bio

@paulson3lt: @cooldes: Naruto didn't win. He had his arms pinned to the ground, went six tails. Still lost, went eight tails, gave that up, and talked Pein down.

#15 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@the_stegman: but naruto won .-.

Not really...

Naruto had prep,info, summonings, Pain was going easy on him, he had to go almost full 9 tails, had his father restore his chakra, and Pain couldn't use his almighty push throughout majority of the fight

Naruto won...but he really didn't.

#16 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: He talked Nagato down. Which is a difference. Nagato is not included. as for the version 2 form of the Jinchuriki. I think sasuske's susanoo would of taken that

#17 Edited by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: the OP says he gets to be in the exact same position naruto was in.

He has everything you listed naruto had except the 9 tails.

i was only adressing that the stegman said he'd do better than naruto did, but he would lose, which is impossible because naruto won.

#18 Posted by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: how many paths did pain have at the start of that fight?

how many did he have at the end?

exactly.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (24424 posts) - - Show Bio

@paulson3lt: Nagato is Pein, he streams his consciousness through the paths, but yeah, I don't see Sasuke being as inspirational as Naruto.

#20 Edited by The Stegman (24424 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes:

1. Nagato was holding back

2. Naruto was pinned to the ground, defeated before using fox chakra

3. Even after levelling up, he had to do it again to escape Pein's attack

4. He even needed his father to restore his chakra.

Naruto "beating" Pein was due to a lot of Deus ex Machina

#21 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@the_stegman: how many paths did pain have at the start of that fight?

how many did he have at the end?

exactly.

''Winning''(if that what you wanna call what Naruto did) doesn't really mean doing better in a fight

ex.

Lets say I fight a guy and he punches my s*** in and break my bones now as he is walking away I trips him down the stairs while on the ground (or something like that). Now lets say another guy fights him but this guy does fight pretty well, he still loses but all he has is a few scraps in bruises.

Now who did better in their fight me who got his s*** destroyed but won on a technicality or the other guy who gave a challenger and could probably walk home after the fight.

#22 Edited by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, someone said Susanoo = naruto V2 mode? W...what? U mean that big floating armor thing completely tethered to a regular Sasuke, that thing that could only shoot a crappy arrow with one notable feat or swing his stupid regular sword that's totally not the same as Itatchi's? Vs....a pain that is ACTUALLY trying to kill him...in konoha, where he doesn't care what sort of damage he causes n can thus go all out even harder than he did on Jiraiya? Oh...yea. u guys got a match here, huh. And Sasuke is going to....? Saw someone say Amaterasu up there.... not seeing that end well for Sasuke when he Shinra Tenseis it right back in his face with city busting force. Well....I mean he can stand there. Or try n hit him. It won't work, but that's that "chance" someone said he had. Either Sasuke's little shield runs out of batteries (chakra) or Pain straight up absorbs it, but when it does.... Sasuke doesn't last a single move. He sucks like Gohan.

I.e. was cool, then lost likability once he took his shirt off/became saiya man, then got a power up and it "looked dumb, had limited means of expression and completely contradicted his earlier established character based on physically blitzing people with raw skill while looking cool/ made him the strongest in the universe but lost anyway"

Sasuke sucks.

Gohan sucks.

Together, they suck.

KyuubiSusanoo is awesome though.

#23 Posted by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: i'm 100% sure amaterasu is faster than pain can react AND pull out an almighty push

#24 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@paulson3lt: Are talking about the 6 paths or Nagato alone?

#25 Posted by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: oh no, it is...I'm saying it hits pain, he doesn't care, and pushes it back anyway cuz the force is literally coming from him, under the fire. And let's be honest....that stuff doesn't burn anyone. Its said to be super hot, yea, but watch it in action. People have taken it for several seconds with literally no damage visible, theyre more concerned with getting it off then the damage its already caused....which is usually nothing. It sucks. Like Sasuke.

#26 Posted by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: gohan is cool.

kyuubi susanoo was only cool when madara did it.

#27 Edited by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: But he is not fighting Nagato. He is fighting the persona which is Pain

#28 Edited by patrat18 (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

Saskue wins. You guys are comparing him to Naruto, which is a terrible. I assume this is the Sakue that fought Kakashi. After the second attack by Pain, Saskue would have figured out how Pain can see his moves while his back is turned. If i remember correctly, Pain has nothing that can get through Susanoo. Saskue can use amaterasu with a simple look. He would burn every pain one by one until god Pain and murder him.

#29 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: again, amaterasu can be repelled, pain can regen, he can possibly absorb susanoo away but I'll let that slide because its an "eye technique" even though its undeniably a very limited (mobility-wise) chakra golem. And even if not, I don't think Sasuke has resisted an Pain-level attacks so far so most of susanoo's "incredible defense" is just hyperbole. Sasuke's susanoo, anyway. Its been penetrated so I don't see why Pain can't but even if not, he's screwed. Pain has been shown to move faster than Sasuke could ever hope to move, and deal damage on a level he's never faced alone. Eos Sasuke has never really progressed beyond the speed he moved in the beginning of shippuden, so susanoo isn't moving very fast either....which, worst case, leads to a temporary stalemate until Sasuke's chakra runs out and then Pain gangrapes him with impunity. See, u pro-Sasuke fans are suggesting that somehow he is on par with naruto in sage mode, as that's the fight this battle is based on. That's completely absurd first off, and second no eye technique is saving him here and certainly not a really big set of chakra armor that doesn't really make him any better than he already is, save for defense of an unknown but not endless caliber. Once narutongot sage mode, he pulled away from Sasuke in power and so did everyone else central to the plot. He was just left behind till he got a decent susanoo, but really it still doesn't make him particularly good. He lost to Bee, almost died vs diedara, itachi took a fall, he almost died vs the kages after killing a few fodder.....even his win over orochimaru was basically retconned into orochimaru having backup-planned it all along thus giving his ACTUAL defeat to Itachi. Yea...Sasuke kinda has a Gohan streak going on. I mean losing streak.

#32 Edited by patrat18 (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: If susanoo could be absorbed nagato would have done it when he fought Itachi. Saskue's susanoo has only been damaged by Danzo Who used the wind element with precision. All the other times he was not using the full form of the Susanoo, which is why Raikage was able to damage it, Which is also why The mizukage was able to melt it. Did the Mizukage melt Madara's susanoo? I know they are not on the same level but still. If anything the saskue vs Raikage has shown us is that Saskue can keep up and react to such speeds. The writer of Naruto himself said that every time he gives Naruto an upgrade he thinks and adds one for Saskue. They are supposed to be on par with each other. Naruto during the entire fight with Pain had help. When Naruto fought Kakazu he had help. When Naruto fought Madara he had help. Almost every single time Naruto fights a boss he has help in shippuden. Saskue still beat Diedara,Danzo,Orochimaru by himself. Even during the fight with Itachi Itachi was surprised at how well Saskue was holding up. He stood up to all Kages despite being weaken by Raikage who he was about to beat. He went against a friggin 8 tailed beast who had full control over his power that is more dangerous than a mindless beast. Saskue only have to worry about 2 Pains the deva path , and the absorbing Pain which he could slice his head off ending that. As for amaterasu i do agree that it won't work on the deva path at first but by the time it takes for him to recharge Saskue would have already burned most of his body with a simple look.

#33 Edited by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: the only time Sasuke was able to react was when he used chidori, during which he moves much faster than base but only in a straight line. Every other time he was rescued....and Sasuke's susanoo is not on Madaras level or anywhere near and thus those feats are not his. His got penetrated by all sorts of things. Also, amaterasu isn't exactly something he can just spam or he would have. He uses it once or twice normally, fails, then tries something else because it hurts him to control it. Also, pain is very perceptive as well and if the raikage could determine which eye is doing what then undoubtedly Pain can too, and he'd already form a plan to stop it. Also, recall his battle with V2 naruto.....Sasuke cannot fight at those levels at all. Period. Too fast, too strong. Pain can do that w e he wants just by focusing more on one than the others.

So even if Sasuke gets one Pain..he revives, poof. Sure Sasuke will target that one reviving people, but he's at a disadvantage there because Pain would expect that and constantly blindside him as he targets it. None of Sasuke's PIS eye powers are getting him out of this. Naruto was far stronger and basically lost, Sasuke is far weaker and has like three cheap moves that run out quick so i don't see him winning. Pain is a monster, dude. If Sasuke were smarter than Pain I'd say he may have a slightly higher chance but at best they're probably even, Pain is smart and so is Sasuke but they have no feats showing one better than the other.

Supposed to be equal and being equal are two different things. Sasuke does not =naruto. That's why they're not gonna fight again....it'd be pointless cuz naruto would stomp ever since sage mode. N Pain morals off >>>>>naruto in sage mode.

Also beating Danzo isn't a feat, its like killing a small squad of fodder, orochimaru wasn't his kill because apparently it was part of the plan to get inside him, and deidara nearly killed him. His feats are all compromised in some way, expressing his mortality at every possible turn. Also, if orochimaru wanted Sasuke dead he'd be dead, so Sasuke does not even > orochimaru, much less Pain who is far stronger. Also, Sasuke almost got one shotted twice in the first two seconds of his fight with the raikage so saying he can fight on par is a lil much. KC naruto can fight on par. Sasuke would struggle with Shikamaru's team, let alone Pain. Also 8 tailed beast kicked his ASS, so that's not even a feat. If he did something impressive, sure, but he almost got decapitated instead. All these achievements u brought up are all compromised, man. Its not goodto blindly ssupport a character while ignoring their short comings

If Sasuke had his whole team i believe this would be possible, but hes not soloing this

#34 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasuke fights Pain in the same scenario Naruto does.

Sasuke knows basic info on Pain. He has five second intervals between his deva path (Almighty Push) and that the paths have a linked field of vision.

For this battle Sasuke has the EMS

Fight to the death

If Sasuke is in the same scenario as Naruto, wouldn't pain be holding back too? Like Pain didn't want to kill Naruto so wouldn't he not want to kill Sasuke as well?

#35 Edited by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider29: that would make this more fair, wouldn't it. Im pretty sure the OP made a mistake with that call n didn't understand what it entailed. But till he fixes it, this is a Pain stomp. Unless u guys wanna take charge of the thread n argue a morals on Pain instead....

#36 Posted by patrat18 (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: the only time Sasuke was able to react was when he used chidori, during which he moves much faster than base but only in a straight line. Every other time he was rescued....and Sasuke's susanoo is not on Madaras level or anywhere near and thus those feats are not his. His got penetrated by all sorts of things. Also, amaterasu isn't exactly something he can just spam or he would have. He uses it once or twice normally, fails, then tries something else because it hurts him to control it. Also, pain is very perceptive as well and if the raikage could determine which eye is doing what then undoubtedly Pain can too, and he'd already form a plan to stop it. Also, recall his battle with V2 naruto.....Sasuke cannot fight at those levels at all. Period. Too fast, too strong. Pain can do that w e he wants just by focusing more on one than the others.

So even if Sasuke gets one Pain..he revives, poof. Sure Sasuke will target that one reviving people, but he's at a disadvantage there because Pain would expect that and constantly blindside him as he targets it. None of Sasuke's PIS eye powers are getting him out of this. Naruto was far stronger and basically lost, Sasuke is far weaker and has like three cheap moves that run out quick so i don't see him winning. Pain is a monster, dude. If Sasuke were smarter than Pain I'd say he may have a slightly higher chance but at best they're probably even, Pain is smart and so is Sasuke but they have no feats showing one better than the other.

Supposed to be equal and being equal are two different things. Sasuke does not =naruto. That's why they're not gonna fight again....it'd be pointless cuz naruto would stomp ever since sage mode. N Pain morals off >>>>>naruto in sage mode.

Also beating Danzo isn't a feat, its like killing a small squad of fodder, orochimaru wasn't his kill because apparently it was part of the plan to get inside him, and deidara nearly killed him. His feats are all compromised in some way, expressing his mortality at every possible turn. Also, if orochimaru wanted Sasuke dead he'd be dead, so Sasuke does not even > orochimaru, much less Pain who is far stronger. Also, Sasuke almost got one shotted twice in the first two seconds of his fight with the raikage so saying he can fight on par is a lil much. KC naruto can fight on par. Sasuke would struggle with Shikamaru's team, let alone Pain. Also 8 tailed beast kicked his ASS, so that's not even a feat. If he did something impressive, sure, but he almost got decapitated instead. All these achievements u brought up are all compromised, man. Its not goodto blindly ssupport a character while ignoring their short comings

If Sasuke had his whole team i believe this would be possible, but hes not soloing this

Flawed. Saskue still use chidori even after he got susanoo. Name the times Saskues susanoo got penetrated at full form. " amaterasu isn't exactly something he can just spam or he would have. He uses it once or twice normally, fails, then tries something else" Wrong that's the main thing he was using on Danzo killing all of his clones. It is also the main thing he used on Raikage. Are you sure you've seen the Saskue battles? When he fought Raikage, Saskue fought him with both techniques. Speed is not a problem for Saskue he has a shield that surrounds him completely. One goo arrow should shut down deva path pain.

I feel like you are lowballing the hell out of Saskue and praising the hell out of Naruto. Naruto=Saskue that's why almost everytime they fight it's soo damn even. Saskue's eyes are PIS. Don't bring your personal feelings into this debate. Look at it from the feats we've recieved thus far, and base your judgement of that. Taking out orochimaru was not a feat based of strength but a feat of the mind. Saskue even said "if he fought orochimaru at full strength he would have lost" Danzo is a very powerful character to think of him any less is just being bias. He could out smart Naruto with ease. Now Saskue would own Orochimaru with little effort. Look how even the battle with Tobi is when he's fighting Saskue and Naruto. When Saskue fought the 8 tailes he did not have Itachi's eyes, he also just learned how use his powers. Even if Saskue almost died fighting DD, he still beat him alone and that was before the black flames. If dd fought Naruto how do you think he would have handle the c4 in his system? Stop being bias, and focus on the feats of each characters.

#37 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see pein not getting underestimated for a change. Deva path's durability is still one of the best we've seen. Current sasuke can give pein a good fight, but there are very few ninjas that can actually beat pein one on one.

#38 Edited by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see pein not getting underestimated for a change. Deva path's durability is still one of the best we've seen. Current sasuke can give pein a good fight, but there are very few ninjas that can actually beat pein one on one.

Deva path is very durable for the reason that it is just a dead body. lol

#39 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_pain said:

@princearagorn1 said:

Deva path is very durable for the reason that it is just a dead body. lol

Nah. Asura path's insanely durable, too. But sage naruto one-shotted it.. Deva path took who knows how many hits like that, hinata's lion fist, a shinra tensei, a parital bijju bomb, and finally a rasengan..

#40 Posted by KenshiroFistofWrath (359 posts) - - Show Bio

the problem is that most people rate him on a fight he only lost because 1. he had to capture naruto alive 2. naruto is the main protagonist. He could have killed Naruto the second he was pinned to the ground.

#41 Edited by dondave (37459 posts) - - Show Bio

Pain

#42 Posted by xlab3000 (3281 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by thelocust619 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: reread what I said man. I didn't dispute chidori at all, n no, if u saw the raikage fight ur see Sasuke almost got one shotted twice and was saved each time by a team member. Danzo was weak, he was a prep-type with a PIS defense and a crappy version of Temari's jutsu. He had no real impressive stats n was more a beurocrat than a fighter. N before u bring up how he got through susanoo remember u even said he targeted the cracks n last i checked cracks dont really put up a resistance. N theres another problem with susanoo...outside of full form the things got cracks!! My feelings are not influencing my decision, I can assure you, but would it be so wrong for me to take pleasure if my opinion and personal feelings found mutual ground? Its not like iv been ignoring Sasuke's feats, iv stated many myself but he has nothing to make up for the difference in raw power and versatility between him and Pain. And again, its morals off so this is serious Pain. Like vs Jiraya or the Kyuubi. Sasuke has no showings on that level of power, and its highly debatable if a single arrow can take out one of the weaker Pains and certainly not the stronger ones. The only notable feat those arrows have is crossing a battlefield in like 2 seconds/2 panels. They killed Danzo (sorta). Not impressive.

And what's stopping Susanoo from being absorbed again? Being entirely made of chakra n all?

#44 Posted by patrat18 (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: A regular rasengan killed deva path Pain. The sheer speed and power of that arrow would tear through any Pain. The only durable Pain was deva path a like i said a regular rasengan took him out. Saskue right now is fighting agaist Obito sage of 6th paths. are you really going to tell me that Pain has the power to take him down?? Nagato will full power couldn't absorb susanoo what makes you think Pain could?? Look how easy it was for Itachi to analyze and take down Nagato.

#45 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

and sasuke wins

#47 Edited by patrat18 (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: A regular rasengan killed deva path Pain. The sheer speed and power of that arrow would tear through any Pain. The only durable Pain was deva path a like i said a regular rasengan took him out. Saskue right now is fighting Obito sage of 6th paths. Are you really going to tell me that Pain has the power to take him down?? Nagato will full power couldn't absorb susanoo what makes you think Pain could?? Look how easy it was for Itachi to analyze and take down Nagato. If Naruto had his brain he would have know how his powers worked and how to take him down. You don't know for a fact that Raikage would have one shotted Sakue, so stop bringing that up. Raikage at full speed went at Sakue not only did he react in time, he was also able to counter him.

#48 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@thelocust619: A regular rasengan killed deva path Pain. The sheer speed and power of that arrow would tear through any Pain. The only durable Pain was deva path a like i said a regular rasengan took him out. Saskue right now is fighting Obito sage of 6th paths. Are you really going to tell me that Pain has the power to take him down?? Nagato will full power couldn't absorb susanoo what makes you think Pain could?? Look how easy it was for Itachi to analyze and take down Nagato. If Naruto had his brain he would have know how his powers worked and how to take him down. You don't know for a fact that Raikage would have one shotted Sakue, so stop bringing that up. Raikage at full speed went at Sakue not only did he react in time, he was also able to counter him.

A regular rasengan killed deva path only after it was hit by sage mode naruto repeatedly, taken his own shinra tensei, hinata's lion fist to head, a partial bijju bomb, and a few hits from KN6. He literally dropped to the ground at the time naruto hit him.

And remember when asura path got crushed by giant chouji, a raikiri through the chest, and still was moving? Sage naruto took it down in one, just one hit.

And when itachi fought nagato, he was being controlled by kabuto with little to no experience on using rinnegan. Naruto already knew they had linked vision, and other intel, and still was pinned to the ground, and he already had about equal destructive power as sasuke.

And nagato was taken by surprise at the moment, he was focusing on two jinchurikis, at the same time, and the strongest ones at that.

As for speed, I think you're underestimating sage mode greatly. Sage mode naruto and kcm naruto aren't hugely different in power levels, and sage mode gives him a little precog, too. Remember when naruto used sage mode to counter third raikage's speed? I'd say sm naruto is at least as good as kcm, that's why the bijju power up is so hyped.

#49 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4045 posts) - - Show Bio

Saskue gets his a** handed to him and I doubt he'll do better than Naruto did at all

#50 Posted by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nagato is nearby Sasuke wins. If he's tucked somewhere far away, Pain most likely wins.