Where does this battle take place?

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Meteorite

Saruman's army is a bit bigger... I think in the 2nd movie they say something like 10,000 Uruk-Hai

Matches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Matches
Lunacyde said:
"

"
good question

idk
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meteorite
Matches said:
"Lunacyde said:
"

"
good question

idk
"

Isengard or Sparta maybe?
lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lionheart

Saruman's army would win

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Korg

Spartans get CRUSHED. The only reason the humans survive the onslaught of the Uruk-hai is because they had Helm's Deep and cavalry. Neither of which the Spartans have. Also, the humans in LoTR had a freakin' wizard.

The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By The Rider
Lunacyde said:
"

"
Good question, because that right there is what would probably determine the battle.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Korg

The location doesn't matter. Saruman's army was comprised of tens of thousands of Uruk-hai. 300 humans of any variety stand absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Avatar image for future_predators
Future Predators

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Future Predators

Hahahahaahhahaahahahahahaha your joking right?  Uruk-hai are on a whole nother tech level compared to the Spartans, they are eons ahead of them in technology, magic, numbers, and individual strength.  One berserker could chew through 50 of the spartans before dieing.   And the crossbowmen would probably just pick off leondias before he can give a single command.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why bother with an army? saruman could solo all of them.

Avatar image for lillya_wildchild
Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Lillya WildChild

mm now if the fight was in a narrow area like in the movie three hundred. then the army as no chance. but if on an open feild. Bye bye spartans.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized

guy on top

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meteorite

The big S.

Matches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matches

what about saruman's army invading Sparta?

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By The Devil Tiger

I think the spartan will lose, but not before offering the Uruk-Haï a very rough time.

The Uruk-Haï are very powerful, that's true, but in the battle of Helm's deep, they were fighting common soldier, but also Oldmen and very young men, green troop alongside with elves soldier who are good but not that good. You need to remember that. The 300 hundred had fight people with more advanced technology, and I don't think they will fall on the tricks of Saruman explosive, after all, they don't when they were fighting the Xerxes "sorcerer".
Beside of that, each Spartan is not the average spartan, but the warriors Elite, the crack troop, and they have kicked the immortal and some monster by themselve. The aids of the other Greek just spared them more losses.

In an open ground, I think the spartan will surely lose, they will be flanked, and even at higly cost, they will just die. In a place like the Helm's deep or the Hot Gate, they could eventually win, cause the Uruk-haï are proved themselve attainable in their moral when they run for the Battlefield when they see all is lost in the Two Tower. But frankly, it's more likely that the spartan died every one of them, and take maybe 6, or seven thousand of Orcs with them. (Losses include heavily wounded.). I will say the spartan losing Four against One.

Psysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Psysis

Uruks

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By speedlgt
The Devil Tiger said:
"

I think the spartan will lose, but not before offering the Uruk-Haï a very rough time.

The Uruk-Haï are very powerful, that's true, but in the battle of Helm's deep, they were fighting common soldier, but also Oldmen and very young men, green troop alongside with elves soldier who are good but not that good. You need to remember that. The 300 hundred had fight people with more advanced technology, and I don't think they will fall on the tricks of Saruman explosive, after all, they don't when they were fighting the Xerxes "sorcerer".
Beside of that, each Spartan is not the average spartan, but the warriors Elite, the crack troop, and they have kicked the immortal and some monster by themselve. The aids of the other Greek just spared them more losses.

In an open ground, I think the spartan will surely lose, they will be flanked, and even at higly cost, they will just die. In a place like the Helm's deep or the Hot Gate, they could eventually win, cause the Uruk-haï are proved themselve attainable in their moral when they run for the Battlefield when they see all is lost in the Two Tower. But frankly, it's more likely that the spartan died every one of them, and take maybe 6, or seven thousand of Orcs with them. (Losses include heavily wounded.). I will say the spartan losing Four against One.

"

I go with your thoughts, Spartans are far more trained than the Aragons army at helms deep I would even say that the best spartans could take the elves best After all consider that Aragon is just a man but hes wrecking crew on his own! spartans should be on his level that forms a strong army of men
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Korg

Aragorn was no ordinary man. He was 87 at the time of the Battle of Helm's Deep, remember. The elves were also not at Helm's Deep in the books, but an elf would tool on any human, regardless of whether it's an elite Spartan warrior or not. Again, the humans owed their victory to calvary as much as anything. The Spartans do not have calvary. They are screwed. Even in a place like the Hot Gates, they would be quickly overwhelmed by superior strength in numbers, armor, and weaponry.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The only reason the Uruk - Hai ended up losing was the 2,000 man Cavalry, and this is no ordinary Cavalry either it was the Riders Of Rohan....the very best of the best when it comes to mounted warfare. Not to mention the Huorns.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Korg
Lunacyde said:
"The only reason the Uruk - Hai ended up losing was the 2,000 man Cavalry, and this is no ordinary Cavalry either it was the Riders Of Rohan....the very best of the best when it comes to mounted warfare. Not to mention the Huorns."
This man knows what he is talking about.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul

The uruk-hai crossbow men would kill Leondias, and the spartans go into disarray as their commander is killed, and as Saruman can control weather, he could further screw everything up for the spartans, and then the pikemen are killed, to allow the Wargs to trample all the spartans.  

Wing Ultimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wing Ultimate

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vrakmul
Wing Ultimate said:
"300"
Wow you love to be contrary, 10,000+ men each over 3 times stronger than humans, and are vastly more technologically advanced and have a freaking Divine being leading them vs 300 mortals.  There's no way the uruk could win, *rolls eyes*
Wing Ultimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wing Ultimate

XD I KNOW

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Unlike the petty Persian bows the Uruk -Hai bows would puncture and penetrate the shields. Uruk Hai do not feel pain of fear and those are two things that The Spartans used against the Persians. Besides, despite them being slain by Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and the elves (all of which would be a match for any single Spartan) the Uruk-Hai are still very powerful and efficient soldiers. Remember they had a huge tactical disadvantage at Helms Deep, the place was nearly impeneatrable.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
Wing Ultimate said:
"300"
No, there's more than 300 Uruk-Hai. There's 300 Spartans. So your answer should read more like "10,000".
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul
Korg said:
"Wing Ultimate said:
"300"
No, there's more than 300 Uruk-Hai. There's 300 Spartans. So your answer should read more like "10,000"."
On a One on One basis the Uruk could stomp the Spartans easily, they are vastly stronger, faster, more vicious, more well trained, and led.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg
Dreadnaught said:
"On a One on One basis the Uruk could stomp the Spartans easily, they are vastly stronger, faster, more vicious, more well trained, and led."
I was poking fun at him for choosing the Spartans. The idea being that he is implying 300 Uruk-Hai would get the job done.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vrakmul
Korg said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"On a One on One basis the Uruk could stomp the Spartans easily, they are vastly stronger, faster, more vicious, more well trained, and led."
I was poking fun at him for choosing the Spartans. The idea being that he is implying 300 Uruk-Hai would get the job done."
50 uruk hai could do it.  If they were all berserkers.  The Crossbow men kill leondias, and the phalanx's then the Wargs trample the swordsmen and the archers.  Saruman then claims the city state of sparta as a part of Isengard, and then goes to conquer all of greece, Thus giving Saruman a hefty empire to rise as a world power, then he would destroy Rohan, Mordor would destroy Gondor, then Isengard and Mordor wage war and decimate each other.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saruman. Curbstomp.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
"The only reason the Uruk - Hai ended up losing was the 2,000 man Cavalry, and this is no ordinary Cavalry either it was the Riders Of Rohan....the very best of the best when it comes to mounted warfare. Not to mention the Huorns."
the Rohirrim.  That name is just badass.
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By speedlgt

I dont think uruk are better trained than spartans.....I doubt that....and what tech advantage do the uruk have? they have shield arrows and swords and spears nothing the spartans dont have nor seen? its not like they 9mm

also Aragon was very much a normanl man! aside from have an extended life span and experience and maybe the best sword on the planet he has no enhanced strength nor speed nor powers of any kinda.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Korg
speedlgt said:
"I dont think uruk are better trained than spartans.....I doubt that....and what tech advantage do the uruk have? they have shield arrows and swords and spears nothing the spartans dont have nor seen? its not like they 9mm

also Aragon was very much a normanl man! aside from have an extended life span and experience and maybe the best sword on the planet he has no enhanced strength nor speed nor powers of any kinda."
The Uruks were created for war. Literally bred for it. It is all they know. They are most definitely better trained. They have a tech advantage in that they are using steel weapons and heavy armor instead of light bronze armor and weaponry. They also have much more powerful bows, and crossbows. Aragorn cannot be measured against regular men, and if you think he can, you're fooling yourself. You think a man with his heritage, and triple the lifespan of any other man wouldn't have any possible edge in genetics, tactics, experience, knowledge, etc.?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Saruman's Army curbstomp way more soldiers Uruk-hai are stronger and better tech.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By kagetaicho

300 humans vs 10,000 monsters? that's over 33 - 1. I'm not sure who wins. Uruk-hai stronger than normal humans but so are the spartans. Overall I'd say Saruman's army.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Statman said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

"Saruman's Army curbstomp way more soldiers Uruk-hai are stronger and better tech. "

better tech yes, but more intelligent in using that tech? spartans were absolute masters of their spears and sheilds. they will find a way, use the land they fight on, pick a strategic point and at least put up a fight. "
Any Uruk-hai can tear apart and Spartan with there bare hands and in the books Uruk-hai were very smart
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aronmorales

Spartans for the most epic fight EVER!!!

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xan84

Uruk-hai easy.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Grand Ninja

300 die.
there are fighting in the open with no tunnel for the uruk hai to squeeze into before the 300 to strike.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AtPhantom

Please. The only reason the Spartans survived at Thermopylae as much as they did was because they were in a choke point, where number mean nothing. In any other place, they wouldn't stand a chance against the Persians, not to mention 10000 freaking Uruk-Hai.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" Please. The only reason the Spartans survived at Thermopylae as much as they did was because they were in a choke point, where number mean nothing. In any other place, they wouldn't stand a chance against the Persians, not to mention 10000 freaking Uruk-Hai. "
Uruk-Hai are beasts. Sarumans army had 10,000 Uruk-Hai....Spartans don't stand a chance.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lunacyde said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" Please. The only reason the Spartans survived at Thermopylae as much as they did was because they were in a choke point, where number mean nothing. In any other place, they wouldn't stand a chance against the Persians, not to mention 10000 freaking Uruk-Hai. "
Uruk-Hai are beasts. Sarumans army had 10,000 Uruk-Hai....Spartans don't stand a chance. "
Isn't that..... What I said?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@AtPhantom:  I was merely reinforcing :P
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lunacyde: I'm getting a lot of those these days. It's weird. :P
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@AtPhantom:
Great minds think alike.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Satyrquaze

I'm having trouble grasping why this thread was even revisited when the answer is so blatantly obvious.

Maybe a similar number of Uruk-Hai are killed as they kill Spartans, but that still leaves 9,000  to march over the broken corpses of the Spartan men. And this example is wholly decided giving every possible advantage to the Spartans.

Uruk-Hai stomp.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Satyrquaze said:
" I'm having trouble grasping why this thread was even revisited when the answer is so blatantly obvious.  Maybe a similar number of Uruk-Hai are killed as they kill Spartans, but that still leaves 9,000  to march over the broken corpses of the Spartan men. And this example is wholly decided giving every possible advantage to the Spartans.  Uruk-Hai stomp. "
More like 9,700 by your figures.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Grand Ninja

yes, unles the 300 have a place to give them the advantage. like between rocks so that the uruk hai have to squeeze into first.