Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Hm, going by my awesome experience as a Spartan in most of these battles, I'm going to go with the Elites, or Sangheili, if you will. I always had more trouble taking them out, and I feel Brutes are a lot sloppier and slower in combat.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Edamame: Elites all the way, why?

• Elites are the best of the best in the Covenant Military. When they left everything fell apart.
  • Elites are the ONLY species to earn the respect of the Hunters. 
  • Faster, Smarter, more Agile, and better with weapons than the Brutes
  • When an Elite goes berserk he becomes a killing machine, when a Brute goes berserk he gets sloppy and doesn't really kill anyone
  • Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
  • Rtas Vadum, nuff said
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Edamame: Rtas Vadum is know by the moniker "Half-Jaw", he's the one that when informed his ships were out numbered 3 to 1 he said "then it is an even fight..... burn their mongrel hides!" 

I'm pretty sure Elites respect anyone that challenges them, they just don't show it.

Population means nothing against superior skill.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Edamame: "Lets all run at those guys that have swords that would cut through our armor like butter"
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Edamame: The Elites would move backwards till the Brute ran out of energy and then cut them to pieces.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212

Brutes could win.  It took how many elites to take out Tarturus?  Lets not knock the Brutes her peeps

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:
" @Edamame: The Elites would move backwards till the Brute ran out of energy and then cut them to pieces. "
True. 

@daak1212 said:
" Brutes could win.  It took how many elites to take out Tarturus?  Lets not knock the Brutes her peeps "
True. Tartarus was also present in Contact Harvest, and he was very tough. "
But he was the only Brute it took more than one Elite to kill
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daak1212
@Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:
" @Edamame: The Elites would move backwards till the Brute ran out of energy and then cut them to pieces. "
True. 

@daak1212 said:
" Brutes could win.  It took how many elites to take out Tarturus?  Lets not knock the Brutes her peeps "
But he was the only Brute it took more than one Elite to kill "
Indeed. "
I think a Brute can take out an elite.  Elites seemed to rely to heavily on grunts in the Halo games.  literally grunts would rush in and elites would stay back, but Brutes themselves would rush in
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Assassin_
@daak1212 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:
True. 

@daak1212 said:
But he was the only Brute it took more than one Elite to kill "
Indeed. "
I think a Brute can take out an elite.  Elites seemed to rely to heavily on grunts in the Halo games.  literally grunts would rush in and elites would stay back, but Brutes themselves would rush in "
Elites are more than capable warriors, They let the grunts weaken the enemy then they finish the job. Brutes rush in because they have the intelligence of a gnat...
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thegreatfour
@Edamame: I blame the fact they were more plentiful and had power armor in Halo 3.
Anyways Elites have my votes since brutes on their own have a tendency to destroy their own tech when alone. They literally destroyed all their advanced civilization and went back to small packs on their home world until the Covenant came.

Bottom line. The Brutes can't work together unless there is a voice of reason or a strong belief in something to hold them together.
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: I think it says something when the humans are losing the war when the elites are the commanders of the battlefield, but when they switch sides to back the humans and the Brutes take control of the vast, more advanced army, the human side wins.

The only things Brutes seem to have over elites is that they can climb ladders :P
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Assassin_
@thegreatfour said:
e" @Mikepool: I think it says something when the humans are losing the war when the elites are the commanders of the battlefield, but when they switch sides to back the humans and the Brutes take control of the vast, more advanced army, the human side wins.The only things Brutes seem to have over elites is that they can climb ladders :P "
and they think its funny to watch Elites climb ladders...
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: Actually I just thought of something. Even with equipment, neither have any idea how to create or keep their technology in good shape. The Prophets were the only ones able to access the forerunner tech and know how to build anything (Besides Engineers). Both sides tech would fall apart...
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Assassin_

They would still have engineers

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: So they have other forces to command besides their species?
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Assassin_
@thegreatfour said:
" @Mikepool: So they have other forces to command besides their species? "
In reality a lot of grunts and hunters sided with the Elites. There were just none in the game so it wouldn't get confusing
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: Ah I was under the impression it was just Brutes and Elites in this battle.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Assassin_
@thegreatfour said:
" @Mikepool: Ah I was under the impression it was just Brutes and Elites in this battle. "
It is, I was talking canon wise...
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: That makes more sense. I meant in the fight, if it takes long enough, their equipment would wear down and they wouldn't be able to fix or replace it.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Assassin_
@thegreatfour: I think the Elites would have a better chance of fixing it....
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: No doubt, but not by much. They still have no clue how to fix anything. My guess IF it does come to their equipment being destroyed, from vehicles to their ships to their weapons it would become more of a battle between very crude technology, AKA brutal close quarters combat with rocks and spears. IF this happened it would be a much more fair fight.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Assassin_
@thegreatfour: Some Elites carry bladed weapons, over energy swords. Look these weapons up, they are sick....
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thegreatfour
@Mikepool: Some elites yes, which is pretty sick, but many don't. I'd see the Brutes recovering from this faster since they've destroyed their technological advancements so many times in their history maybe catching a few groups of Elites in ambushes. Basically a hoard strategy with their numbers overpowering small groups. When the Sangheili wise up and begin to apply strategy to the situation is when the Brutes are either in for a difficult battle, or an unwinable one.
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thegreatfour
@Edamame: Halo 2 brutes all the way. They had no shields yet seemed to take more hits than the elites and were definitely a challenge in berserk mode. I liked them much more than the Halo 3 or Reach versions. I mean they can hurt and armored hunter when hitting just the armor. Elites and Spartans can't even do that.

Yeah Reach was weird with that. They took more a lot of damage, but just seemed to be more second rate elites.
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thegreatfour
@Edamame said:
" @Mikepool said:

" In reality a lot of grunts and hunters sided with the Elites. There were just none in the game so it wouldn't get confusing "

Didn't many Jackals and the Drones also side with the Elites? Apparently, the Skirmishers couldn't side with anyone since they supposedly went extinct after the Halo Reach events.  "
Jackals are greedy and opportunistic, they sided with the more powerful covenant (or so they thought). Drones love technology which prophets can actually support so covenant as wel.

Extinct?! But they were so much cooler than Jackals!
Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like making a new thread would have worked better than a bump, since the OP has almost nothing useful.

On topic: Brutes in First Strike seemed pretty OP, and I think a Brute has a fairly clear stats advantage. Individual skill, equipment, and ability changes matters, but it's not like this is a fight with specific characters like Tartarus and Atriox versus Thel and R'tas