#1 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

As the consensus on Spacebattles is that on the ground, Crysis is one of the most deadly sci-fi settings around (they even came to the consensus that the Ceph would massacre the Covenant on the ground) I decided to place one of the deadliest sci-fi power armor users ever against the events of the series as a whole. Going from fighting the DPRK on Lingshan to battling the Ceph assault ship in the heart of New York. Given that Samus is quite a ways beyond Prophet, Alcatraz, and Nomad; in this scenario she won't have support, but she'll have the combined arsenals of each of her game. If she still heinously outmatches CELL, the DPRK, and the Ceph, then enemy numbers are doubled.

For Samus to win, she has to effectively beat the events of the entire series. For the Crysis side to win, they merely need to put her down. Let's assume the enemies will drop standard metroid pick-ups, but other than that she gets no added advantages.

\

vs

Round 2: For added funsies, the Protagonists of each Crysis game will also be deployed against her.

By act of ROB Samus is made immune to the Ceph virus.

#2 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Great match up! Samus is one of my all-time favorite heroines, and Cyrsis 2 is one of my favorite FPSs. IMO, Samus clears, but not without some major hurdles to clear.

Pros for Samus are the fact that her weapons are more than a match for anything the Ceph have. Her suit's ability adapt and turn "energy" in vaious beam shots as well as concussive blasts (ie missiles, seeker missles, etc) giver her a wide range of options in any given situation since she isn't held back by how much she can carry. Her shields are also far beyond the Ceph, and her suit is just as stong (minus the shield) as a Nanosuit.

Cons for Samus are she has no rebounding/self-repairing suit or cloaking ability like the Nanosuit. If she gets caught out in the open she could possibly get over run quickly as the Ceph in crysis 2 comunicate very well. The only thing that would help her in those situations are her speed booster, screwattack/space jump, and morphball. Though she can't cloak, her advanced movement systems should allow her to skip around the battle feild almost at will, and take out all her enemies.

The biggest hurdle for Samus IMO though, is he suit can't process the Ceph virus like the Nanosuit can. While I have no doubt that her suit can adapt and process their tech to her to assimilate it, I don't think her suit can become the anti-Ceph suit that the Nanosuit became in C2. For her to really win against the Crysis series she'd have to do it the hard way, and take them out one by one.

#3 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Round 2? Could a deathsquad comprised out of the protagonists for the Crysis games take out Composite Samus? Psycho, Nomad, Prophet, and Alcatraz have all done some pretty crazy stuff.

#4 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: whats to stop Aran from WTFnuking crysis?

the only thing I heard is structures that absorb energy

#5 Posted by O'chunks (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Samus' weapons, while putting out ridiculous amounts of energy according to ingame numbers, seem to have some kind of technobabble focusing that prevents her from creating a nuclear like blast each time she fires her weapon and thus waste energy by spreading it around in every direction.

#6 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan:

For round 2 the only advantage that team Crysis has is numbers. Samus outclasses them in speed, general mobility, tech, general destructive capability, and experience. Plus she's in her element when she's alone and doesn't care about colateral damage.

Another pro for Samus in this fight against the Crysis Universe overall is her various visors. The Nanosuit offers (iirc) 3 different visor settings; Combat, Nano, and Scan. Samus has all those plus Xray, Echo location, Dark visor (which would help here), and her Command visor. In short team crysis can't hide at all from her vision so stealth is completely out of the question, AND she can call in an airstrike just 'cause.

Since I haven't played C3 yet maybe the Nanosuit evolves a bit more and become more than it is at the moment. I know for a fact that in C3 you can hack turrents and other machines, but I can't really speak to that as of yet. As the Nanosuit was at the end of C2, it just doesn't stack up to what Samus is packing.

#7 Posted by NeonGameWave (10389 posts) - - Show Bio

Samus wins.

#8 Posted by Hyperlight (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Samus wins.

#9 Posted by Wolfrazer (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hyperlight said:

@NeonGameWave said:

Samus wins.

^This, there is little the big 3 N chars can't do with their equipment.
#10 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

Any other Crysis experts up for this?

#11 Posted by chaos-soul (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

super morph ball bomb is all she needs

#12 Posted by Mirabel (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps the Chief would have been a better choice, though I have the sneaking suspicion that he'd get butchered by a Pinger.

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mirabel said:

Perhaps the Chief would have been a better choice, though I have the sneaking suspicion that he'd get butchered by a Pinger.

What is a Pinger and how would it get through his shields? (Assuming you're talking about Master Chief. >.> )

#14 Posted by KingOfAsh (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

Due to the fact that she has taken down GIANT SPACE MONSTERS, I'll give it to Samus. Nothing against Crysis.

#15 Posted by Mirabel (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Mirabel said:

What is a Pinger and how would it get through his shields? (Assuming you're talking about Master Chief. >.> )

An anti-personnel (by Ceph standards) tripod of pure rape that laughs off anti-tank weapons. You need to shove like nine anti-tank missiles into it's weak point to kill it, and it's weapons can cut through a nanosuit in seconds and emit disorienting sonic waves and EMP. They also have General Grievous feet.

http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Ceph_Pinger

They are nasty mofos.

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mirabel: Yeah without heavy weapons(Spartan Laser or something in that area) he's not taking on one of those. It'll wear down his shields if it can't outright pop them.

Or he could attempt something similar to a hijacking move if he has plasma grenades to use on it's weak point.

#17 Edited by Mirabel (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

If you run the numbers on Zebes' mass and size given in metroid prime, you'd find that Samus adopted homeworld has a gravity 800 times that of Earth. Given that she's way the hell superhuman out of her suit on Zebes, under Earth-like conditions she should be able to bench a tank with ease.

Jesus christ.

Clearly nintendo likes to throw around numbers without realizing how over the top they are.

#18 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...any Scifi game series that would give Composite Samus a good challenge given her Terrawatt range basic weaponry and having grown up on a world with a surface gravity rating of 800g and still managing way the hell superhuman feats (like vaulting over a cliff)?

#19 Posted by Count Bleck (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@Count Bleck said:

Bump.

To challenge samus is tricky

I know chars who can stomp and chars who can get stomped, wbt some version of megaman?

#21 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm playing through Crysis 1 then 3 as we speak. I give another impression when I'm done.