Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1:No Preps who win

Round 2:No Hax allowed

Round 3:Who's the coolest(1- 2- 3- 4- 5-)?

Samus Aran

Versus

Iron Man

Versus

Master Chief

Versus

Megaman(Normal)

Versus

Darth Vader

#1 Posted by Hyperlight (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

is this megaman or megaman x?

1. i think iron man wins do to the fact that he can fly.

2. coolest and why they win/lose goes:

samus: technically has much more advanced weapons but loses due to the fact she cant fly.

iron man: winner, stronger then eveyone here and can fly. easily employable weapons

master chief: weakest here, doesnt have a chance. weapons and skills are the most basic

Megaman: powerful indeed, depending if he is the original or X would determine how long he would last due to minset and more advanced systems. pretty much in the same boat as samus.

vader: telekinesis would really help him out, but he is the least durable and might be overwhelmed by everyone elses abilities.

#2 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

is this megaman or megaman x?

1. i think iron man wins do to the fact that he can fly.

2. coolest and why they win/lose goes:

samus: technically has much more advanced weapons but loses due to the fact she cant fly.

iron man: winner, stronger then eveyone here and can fly. easily employable weapons

master chief: weakest here, doesnt have a chance. weapons and skills are the most basic

Megaman: powerful indeed, depending if he is the original or X would determine how long he would last due to minset and more advanced systems. pretty much in the same boat as samus.

vader: telekinesis would really help him out, but he is the least durable and might be overwhelmed by everyone elses abilities.

This.

#3 Edited by Skit (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version/equipment for Samus and Megaman are we using,cause they both have crazy potential for haxx.

#4 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

is this megaman or megaman x?

1. i think iron man wins do to the fact that he can fly.

2. coolest and why they win/lose goes:

samus: technically has much more advanced weapons but loses due to the fact she cant fly.

iron man: winner, stronger then eveyone here and can fly. easily employable weapons

master chief: weakest here, doesnt have a chance. weapons and skills are the most basic

Megaman: powerful indeed, depending if he is the original or X would determine how long he would last due to minset and more advanced systems. pretty much in the same boat as samus.

vader: telekinesis would really help him out, but he is the least durable and might be overwhelmed by everyone elses abilities.

Personnaly i think Samus would win here

#5 Posted by Hyperlight (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skit said:

Which version/equipment for Samus and Megaman are we using,cause they both have crazy potential for haxx.

totally true.... good question. i was assuming everyone here has all/ most of there weapons without being a completely different suit. ex, Iron man in bleeding edge using everything it has to offer or samus with most/ all her abilities she has gotten from the games.

@Sylvain said:

@Hyperlight said:

is this megaman or megaman x?

1. i think iron man wins do to the fact that he can fly.

2. coolest and why they win/lose goes:

samus: technically has much more advanced weapons but loses due to the fact she cant fly.

iron man: winner, stronger then eveyone here and can fly. easily employable weapons

master chief: weakest here, doesnt have a chance. weapons and skills are the most basic

Megaman: powerful indeed, depending if he is the original or X would determine how long he would last due to minset and more advanced systems. pretty much in the same boat as samus.

vader: telekinesis would really help him out, but he is the least durable and might be overwhelmed by everyone elses abilities.

Personnaly i think Samus would win here

i dont blame you.. samus is my favorite and the dopest person on here. i wish i thouight she would win but samus has never faced anyone as smart or tech-savy as IM. and he can also fly which with add an advantage versatility and aerial combat.

Samus does have more advanced weaponery though

#6 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader crushes everyone. The force wins here.

Coolest:

1) Samus

2) Megaman X

and a tie for the other 3.

#7 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader from EU can have a pretty good chance.

Ultimately I'll go for Samus, or Iron Man. Depending how it turns out. Samus tech is way ahead of IMs, but he's pretty versatile and savvy. It can go either way.

#8 Posted by Wolfrazer (6080 posts) - - Show Bio

So what is exactly stopping Vader from just crushing them in their suits via Force Crush?

Online
#9 Posted by GhostRider2 (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

So what is exactly stopping Vader from just crushing them in their suits via Force Crush?

Or cut them in half especialy Iron Man.The lightsaber should do it.

#10 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

@Skit said:

Which version/equipment for Samus and Megaman are we using,cause they both have crazy potential for haxx.

totally true.... good question. i was assuming everyone here has all/ most of there weapons without being a completely different suit. ex, Iron man in bleeding edge using everything it has to offer or samus with most/ all her abilities she has gotten from the games.

@Sylvain said:

@Hyperlight said:

is this megaman or megaman x?

1. i think iron man wins do to the fact that he can fly.

2. coolest and why they win/lose goes:

samus: technically has much more advanced weapons but loses due to the fact she cant fly.

iron man: winner, stronger then eveyone here and can fly. easily employable weapons

master chief: weakest here, doesnt have a chance. weapons and skills are the most basic

Megaman: powerful indeed, depending if he is the original or X would determine how long he would last due to minset and more advanced systems. pretty much in the same boat as samus.

vader: telekinesis would really help him out, but he is the least durable and might be overwhelmed by everyone elses abilities.

Personnaly i think Samus would win here

i dont blame you.. samus is my favorite and the dopest person on here. i wish i thouight she would win but samus has never faced anyone as smart or tech-savy as IM. and he can also fly which with add an advantage versatility and aerial combat.

Samus does have more advanced weaponery though

Stop talking like i was an fanboy Samus tech is above Iron Man the only thing iron man got more than Samus is Fly

#11 Edited by Hyperlight (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sylvain: huh? didnt mean to give that impression. the fact that IM can fly is a major advantage though

whats Hax?

#12 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: i know its an advantage but not enought to win in my opinion.

#13 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark said:

Vader from EU can have a pretty good chance.

Ultimately I'll go for Samus, or Iron Man. Depending how it turns out. Samus tech is way ahead of IMs, but he's pretty versatile and savvy. It can go either way.

The only place Samus and Tony will fight is in the Bed room knowing Tony's record with drop dead gorgeous women. *eyebrow waggle*

Comes down to Samus and Tony. Master chief is a non factor, and Vader is a glass cannon, one shot from anyone else here will kill him. Megaman lacks the durability to go up against Samus and Iron Man who both have nuclear bomb tanking level durability.

As to Samus and Iron Man, Iron Man's ability to fly is negated by the fact that Samus is invulnerable while using the screw attack and space jumping, not to mention it's a really damn weird method of getting airborne that Tony has never seen anything even remotely similar to. The flight patterns are extremely erratic and hard to adjust to if you're trying to avoid it as she's literally front flipping off of air while covered in an impenetrable whirling buzzsaw of death.

In durability, Samus shrugs off Terrawatt (nuclear level) weaponry as if they were basic fire arms with her most basic suits. Tony has tanked a tactical nuke to the face at 2% shielding. I'd give Samus an edge though, with all the energy tanks and suits ever her damage reduction and sheer shield capacity would be beyond absurd.

In reaction timing, Samus has canonical precog abilities and routinely dodges attacks that are fired at her from behind. This should outweigh Tony's scanners. Edge: Samus.

Weaponry: Hoo boy, these two have arsenals of weapons that would make Frank Castle green with envy. From power beams and repulsors, to missiles and...missiles, to plasma beams and flamethrowers, to unibeams and annhilator beams (homing anti-matter fired at machine gun like rates, what is overkill?), to ice beams and freeze rays, these two have between them, every god damn sci-fi weapon system under the sun. But Samus has an edge in firepower, in metroid prime 2 we are shown that she acquires, the Darkburst (fires a black hole), the Sunburst (shoots a miniature star that then goes supernova, on a smaller scale), and the Sonic Boom (fires a glob of anti-matter with hit-scan speed that literally BREAKS REALITY in a large area of impact), Tony can probably dodge the Darkburst and Sunburst, but the Sonic Boom will screw him six ways to sunday.

Utility: I'm pretty sure if Tony tried to replicate the morph ball, he's going to end up with a broken back. Tony's ability to hack is countered by Samus' canonical ability to shrug off hacking or uploaded viruses. In Metroid Prime 2, Rezbits, crafted by the Luminoth, who created the more ridiculous weapons in the metroid series and are on par with the Chozo tech wise, can attack Samus with a virus or outright hack into her suit. However, Samus can reboot from these the instant she's hit with them, and really all it does is briefly render her unable to see her HUD or use lock-on systems, and she's a perfectly good shot without lock-on.

Strength: I'd say they're about even, Samus has one major strength feat in the Manga, where she punches a missile proof robot, as in, metroid "like a nuke but the blast is contained in a small area to hurt more" missiles that can be fired rapidly missile proof, and crumples it up like an accordion in a single blow. However, Tony is more likely to mix it up in melee, so he has more strength feats, but Other M shows that Samus isn't afraid to get her hands dirty in close quarters combat, where she often overpowers biologically engineered monsters much larger than her and holds them in place to get blasted apart in close range. She's also held and forced open Ridley's jaws. So yeah, tie more or less.

But honestly; as this isn't to the death, once the other three non-factors are down, Tony takes Samus out on a date and they trade tech notes.

Also Samus is shown to be a genius in the prime series. She custom designed all three of the ships seen there, she displays advanced knowledge of various scientific subjects such as mechanics, biology, chemistry, and sociology along with highly developed problem and puzzle solving skills. However, she's more of a field analyst type of genius vs Tony's more engineering bent. She's very good at making on the spot analyzations and deductions, while Tony's genius is best displayed in a laboratory setting.

But to reiterate, any fight between Tony and Samus ends with the two in bed.

Heck, I'd ship it.

#14 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: i got 1 question do you take your dreams for ''reality''?

#15 Posted by Tombstone. (287 posts) - - Show Bio

In any case, Samus wins all rounds, for the reasons I mentioned in my above post.

In terms of coolest.

1- Samus Aran: What can I say, when I grew up, she was my hero as a little girl. She's badass and takes no crap, even if I disown her characterization in Other M, which flew in the face of every other game's characterization of her being a stoic badass.

2- Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr did so much to make this character great.

3- Darth Vader: Hayden Christian or not, he's still cool enough to have an army of clones in various other works.

4- Master Chief: I'd make a reference to the pretty cool guy meme, but I'm above that.

5- Megaman: He looks kind of...silly...

#16 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tombstone. said:

In any case, Samus wins all rounds, for the reasons I mentioned in my above post.

In terms of coolest.

1- Samus Aran: What can I say, when I grew up, she was my hero as a little girl. She's badass and takes no crap, even if I disown her characterization in Other M, which flew in the face of every other game's characterization of her being a stoic badass.

2- Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr did so much to make this character great.

3- Darth Vader: Hayden Christian or not, he's still cool enough to have an army of clones in various other works.

4- Master Chief: I'd make a reference to the pretty cool guy meme, but I'm above that.

5- Megaman: He looks kind of...silly...

Nice list here's mine

1-Iron man i always liked jerks

2-Master Chief his coolness is on an epic level

3-Darth Vader he got the force,a saber but since he's over rated he's not my 1st(i hate over rated characters so that shows how much darth vader is cool no?)

4-Samus i grew up playing her games

5-MM

#17 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Tony_Shark said:

Vader from EU can have a pretty good chance.

Ultimately I'll go for Samus, or Iron Man. Depending how it turns out. Samus tech is way ahead of IMs, but he's pretty versatile and savvy. It can go either way.

The only place Samus and Tony will fight is in the Bed room knowing Tony's record with drop dead gorgeous women. *eyebrow waggle*

Comes down to Samus and Tony. Master chief is a non factor, and Vader is a glass cannon, one shot from anyone else here will kill him. Megaman lacks the durability to go up against Samus and Iron Man who both have nuclear bomb tanking level durability.

As to Samus and Iron Man, Iron Man's ability to fly is negated by the fact that Samus is invulnerable while using the screw attack and space jumping, not to mention it's a really damn weird method of getting airborne that Tony has never seen anything even remotely similar to. The flight patterns are extremely erratic and hard to adjust to if you're trying to avoid it as she's literally front flipping off of air while covered in an impenetrable whirling buzzsaw of death.

In durability, Samus shrugs off Terrawatt (nuclear level) weaponry as if they were basic fire arms with her most basic suits. Tony has tanked a tactical nuke to the face at 2% shielding. I'd give Samus an edge though, with all the energy tanks and suits ever her damage reduction and sheer shield capacity would be beyond absurd.

In reaction timing, Samus has canonical precog abilities and routinely dodges attacks that are fired at her from behind. This should outweigh Tony's scanners. Edge: Samus.

Weaponry: Hoo boy, these two have arsenals of weapons that would make Frank Castle green with envy. From power beams and repulsors, to missiles and...missiles, to plasma beams and flamethrowers, to unibeams and annhilator beams (homing anti-matter fired at machine gun like rates, what is overkill?), to ice beams and freeze rays, these two have between them, every god damn sci-fi weapon system under the sun. But Samus has an edge in firepower, in metroid prime 2 we are shown that she acquires, the Darkburst (fires a black hole), the Sunburst (shoots a miniature star that then goes supernova, on a smaller scale), and the Sonic Boom (fires a glob of anti-matter with hit-scan speed that literally BREAKS REALITY in a large area of impact), Tony can probably dodge the Darkburst and Sunburst, but the Sonic Boom will screw him six ways to sunday.

Utility: I'm pretty sure if Tony tried to replicate the morph ball, he's going to end up with a broken back. Tony's ability to hack is countered by Samus' canonical ability to shrug off hacking or uploaded viruses. In Metroid Prime 2, Rezbits, crafted by the Luminoth, who created the more ridiculous weapons in the metroid series and are on par with the Chozo tech wise, can attack Samus with a virus or outright hack into her suit. However, Samus can reboot from these the instant she's hit with them, and really all it does is briefly render her unable to see her HUD or use lock-on systems, and she's a perfectly good shot without lock-on.

Strength: I'd say they're about even, Samus has one major strength feat in the Manga, where she punches a missile proof robot, as in, metroid "like a nuke but the blast is contained in a small area to hurt more" missiles that can be fired rapidly missile proof, and crumples it up like an accordion in a single blow. However, Tony is more likely to mix it up in melee, so he has more strength feats, but Other M shows that Samus isn't afraid to get her hands dirty in close quarters combat, where she often overpowers biologically engineered monsters much larger than her and holds them in place to get blasted apart in close range. She's also held and forced open Ridley's jaws. So yeah, tie more or less.

But honestly; as this isn't to the death, once the other three non-factors are down, Tony takes Samus out on a date and they trade tech notes.

Also Samus is shown to be a genius in the prime series. She custom designed all three of the ships seen there, she displays advanced knowledge of various scientific subjects such as mechanics, biology, chemistry, and sociology along with highly developed problem and puzzle solving skills. However, she's more of a field analyst type of genius vs Tony's more engineering bent. She's very good at making on the spot analyzations and deductions, while Tony's genius is best displayed in a laboratory setting.

But to reiterate, any fight between Tony and Samus ends with the two in bed.

Heck, I'd ship it.

It probably ends in the bedroom.

Good analysis. It actually makes me miss playing Metroid Prime, or Corruption (Metroid 2 and The Other M are garbage :/).

I honestly think Samus has an advantage on her tech. Iron Man's is amazing, but her weaponry, and her fighting skills alone should give Tony a tough time.

That said, what are Samus' durability feats? Iron Man is able to take SO much punishment. People don't appreciate his fight in Thor #3. It literally takes three hits from a very angry Thor to completely render his armor useless. A Thor that doesn't hold back can kill most of the Earth Heroes in one hit. Later his Bleeding Edge suit is able to hold against him pretty well, harmed the Gray Gargoyle of Fear (as strong as Thor), and took a very bad hit from the same fear God with only a crack to his repulsor heart.

Also, Iron Man has insane strength feats. Specially while he's flying. Same goes for speed. He's literally tackled Gravitron at Mach 3 before, and reaches orbital speeds.

#18 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sylvain: @Hyperlight: @Lord_Johnathan: @Tombstone.:

If only Capcom loved Megaman X as much as the fans did...

...then X would win this hands down.

#19 Edited by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

It would come down to Tony and Samus (depending wat version of vader ur using) but the winner would be samus 8/10 she has way to many weapons that make tonys weapons look like toys and too much tech making her far more versatile, for example anyone remember the nova beam and x ray visor combination yeah the combination used to by pass any form of armor the space pirates where using and hit theyre organs? yeap iroman and the rest are basically fighting naked out there

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I like megaman he can gain the enemies ability! I not sure he need to breath either, so no sith lord choke outs.

#21 Posted by Hyperlight (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sylvain: that makes sense.. i might be changing my opinion based on some other posts.

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Tony_Shark said:

Vader from EU can have a pretty good chance.

Ultimately I'll go for Samus, or Iron Man. Depending how it turns out. Samus tech is way ahead of IMs, but he's pretty versatile and savvy. It can go either way.

The only place Samus and Tony will fight is in the Bed room knowing Tony's record with drop dead gorgeous women. *eyebrow waggle*

Comes down to Samus and Tony. Master chief is a non factor, and Vader is a glass cannon, one shot from anyone else here will kill him. Megaman lacks the durability to go up against Samus and Iron Man who both have nuclear bomb tanking level durability.

As to Samus and Iron Man, Iron Man's ability to fly is negated by the fact that Samus is invulnerable while using the screw attack and space jumping, not to mention it's a really damn weird method of getting airborne that Tony has never seen anything even remotely similar to. The flight patterns are extremely erratic and hard to adjust to if you're trying to avoid it as she's literally front flipping off of air while covered in an impenetrable whirling buzzsaw of death.

In durability, Samus shrugs off Terrawatt (nuclear level) weaponry as if they were basic fire arms with her most basic suits. Tony has tanked a tactical nuke to the face at 2% shielding. I'd give Samus an edge though, with all the energy tanks and suits ever her damage reduction and sheer shield capacity would be beyond absurd.

In reaction timing, Samus has canonical precog abilities and routinely dodges attacks that are fired at her from behind. This should outweigh Tony's scanners. Edge: Samus.

Weaponry: Hoo boy, these two have arsenals of weapons that would make Frank Castle green with envy. From power beams and repulsors, to missiles and...missiles, to plasma beams and flamethrowers, to unibeams and annhilator beams (homing anti-matter fired at machine gun like rates, what is overkill?), to ice beams and freeze rays, these two have between them, every god damn sci-fi weapon system under the sun. But Samus has an edge in firepower, in metroid prime 2 we are shown that she acquires, the Darkburst (fires a black hole), the Sunburst (shoots a miniature star that then goes supernova, on a smaller scale), and the Sonic Boom (fires a glob of anti-matter with hit-scan speed that literally BREAKS REALITY in a large area of impact), Tony can probably dodge the Darkburst and Sunburst, but the Sonic Boom will screw him six ways to sunday.

Utility: I'm pretty sure if Tony tried to replicate the morph ball, he's going to end up with a broken back. Tony's ability to hack is countered by Samus' canonical ability to shrug off hacking or uploaded viruses. In Metroid Prime 2, Rezbits, crafted by the Luminoth, who created the more ridiculous weapons in the metroid series and are on par with the Chozo tech wise, can attack Samus with a virus or outright hack into her suit. However, Samus can reboot from these the instant she's hit with them, and really all it does is briefly render her unable to see her HUD or use lock-on systems, and she's a perfectly good shot without lock-on.

Strength: I'd say they're about even, Samus has one major strength feat in the Manga, where she punches a missile proof robot, as in, metroid "like a nuke but the blast is contained in a small area to hurt more" missiles that can be fired rapidly missile proof, and crumples it up like an accordion in a single blow. However, Tony is more likely to mix it up in melee, so he has more strength feats, but Other M shows that Samus isn't afraid to get her hands dirty in close quarters combat, where she often overpowers biologically engineered monsters much larger than her and holds them in place to get blasted apart in close range. She's also held and forced open Ridley's jaws. So yeah, tie more or less.

But honestly; as this isn't to the death, once the other three non-factors are down, Tony takes Samus out on a date and they trade tech notes.

Also Samus is shown to be a genius in the prime series. She custom designed all three of the ships seen there, she displays advanced knowledge of various scientific subjects such as mechanics, biology, chemistry, and sociology along with highly developed problem and puzzle solving skills. However, she's more of a field analyst type of genius vs Tony's more engineering bent. She's very good at making on the spot analyzations and deductions, while Tony's genius is best displayed in a laboratory setting.

But to reiterate, any fight between Tony and Samus ends with the two in bed.

Heck, I'd ship it.

i agree with everything you are saying... but its the screw attack making samus invulnerable an in-game mechanic? i dont know if it would work like that.

but you have put me even more on the fence with samus and IM

#22 Edited by UltimateHero0406 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: MM

R2: S

R3: 1. IM 2. MM 3. S 4. DV 5. MC

@evilvegeta74 said:

I like megaman he can gain the enemies ability! I not sure he need to breath either, so no sith lord choke outs.

He can also stop time and make black holes. I haven't played many MM games but I still think he's pretty cool.

#23 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight:

The screw attack surrounds Samus in a chaotic swirl of energy that turns pretty much anything it touches into ash and cancels out the effects of directed energy weapons. I'd say it stands to reason it'd at the very least make her extremely difficult to hurt as it'd incinerate projectiles and cancel out energy blasts. The speed booster does much of the same, but has the added benefit of canceling out friction as it burns away the very air she passes through.

And to think, Samus' equipment used to be standard issue for the Chozo Empire's warriors.

What the hell kind of wars were they fighting?

#24 Posted by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaman X.

#25 Posted by Hyperlight (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: i know right... the chozo were beasts in there own right!

those wars would probably tear up continents haha

#26 Posted by VaporishLicense (79 posts) - - Show Bio

i know this devate was a couple years ago, but master chief would win due to his luck. no one can go over power his luck. not even galactus can.

#27 Posted by OverLordArhas (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

X takes this.

#28 Edited by unknowzillagod (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader takes this in fights.

Iron man for coolness.