who wins

TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheVindicator

Samson. His power is derived from an omnipotent deity as far as mythology goes.

darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkrein
@Formidable:  yes, but that doesn't mean he's omnipotent himself.
I would say Hercules>samson>gilgamesh. (i may be mistaken with Gilgamesh, all i know is that he built a wall.)
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Hercules has the greatest feats by far. He wins this.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmm... hard to say 
Samson versus Hercules would be interesting
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blackadam
@Crom-Cruach said:

"Hercules has the greatest feats by far. He wins this. "

@Formidable said:

"Samson. His power is derived from an omnipotent deity as far as mythology goes. "

pffff, zeus was the one who rule the universe(in his mythology, off course), that doenst mean hercules is omnipotent himself. myth hercules got better feats, he probably would rip samson hair of his head.no, but seriously herc wins.
krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By krisboyz781
@darkrein said:
" @Formidable:  yes, but that doesn't mean he's omnipotent himself. I would say Hercules>samson>gilgamesh. (i may be mistaken with Gilgamesh, all i know is that he built a wall.) "
gilgamesh beat a bull from heaven that caused 100s of people to die in one breath
also samson took on an army with a bone
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@krisboyz781 said:
" gilgamesh beat a bull from heaven that caused 100s of people to die in one breath also samson took on an army with a bone "
And Hercules held up the heavens, slew monsters that ravaged entire nations, wrestled the guardian of the underworld and dragged it back to the surface on a leash. Did task the were said top be simply impossible, changed the landscape with brute strenght.

Not that that others aren't epic but Hercules has feats that the beings said to be actual gods in other mythologies haven't topped.
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheVindicator
@blackadam said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

@Formidable said:

"Samson. His power is derived from an omnipotent deity as far as mythology goes. "

pffff, zeus was the one who rule the universe(in his mythology, off course), that doenst mean hercules is omnipotent himself. myth hercules got better feats, he probably would rip samson hair of his head.no, but seriously herc wins. "
The source of Samsons power is omnipotent and will give him as much strength or power as he needs to accomplish the task at hand. Mythologically speaking that is. Hercules doesn't get his power from Zeus, only his genetics. Samsons power comes directly from his deity. And ripping out his hair wont work. Samsons strength was taken away because of eating and drinking of unclean things and fornication as well as having his head shaven, not just from having it shaved.(I look at this as a mythological tale just as I do ancient greek/roman and sumerian lore).
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blackadam
@Formidable said:
" @blackadam said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

@Formidable said:

pffff, zeus was the one who rule the universe(in his mythology, off course), that doenst mean hercules is omnipotent himself. myth hercules got better feats, he probably would rip samson hair of his head.no, but seriously herc wins. "
The source of Samsons power is omnipotent and will give him as much strength or power as he needs to accomplish the task at hand. Mythologically speaking that is. Hercules doesn't get his power from Zeus, only his genetics. Samsons power comes directly from his deity. And ripping out his hair wont work. Samsons strength was taken away because of eating and drinking of unclean things and fornication as well as having his head shaven, not just from having it shaved.(I look at this as a mythological tale just as I do ancient greek/roman and sumerian lore). "

proof of samsom prower being omnipotent, just because his deity is suposedly "omnipotent" doenst make him omnipotent. hercules by his strnegth alone was capable of holding the sky, did samsom ever do something like that? i dont remember his story exactly,but, i do remeber he lost his powers because a girl cut his hair, and he ended blind, or soemthing like that. anyway, please share samsom feats.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

@Formidable: Hercules wins.  Samson is a good opponent.  Gilgamesh is pretty much out-classed in this one.

I know you really want Samson to win, presumably based on belief that the Judeo-Christian God is real  and therefore His champion would always be more powerful than the other two because their Gods are not, but his feats don't match those of Hercules.  Where does it state in the Holy Bible or any Biblical text that Samson's strength increased whenever required to due to the will of God?

TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheVindicator
@blackadam said:

" @Formidable said:

" @blackadam said:

" @Crom-Cruach said:

@Formidable said:

The source of Samsons power is omnipotent and will give him as much strength or power as he needs to accomplish the task at hand. Mythologically speaking that is. Hercules doesn't get his power from Zeus, only his genetics. Samsons power comes directly from his deity. And ripping out his hair wont work. Samsons strength was taken away because of eating and drinking of unclean things and fornication as well as having his head shaven, not just from having it shaved.(I look at this as a mythological tale just as I do ancient greek/roman and sumerian lore). "
proof of samsom prower being omnipotent, just because his deity is suposedly "omnipotent" doenst make him omnipotent. hercules by his strnegth alone was capable of holding the sky, did samsom ever do something like that? i dont remember his story exactly,but, i do remeber he lost his powers because a girl cut his hair, and he ended blind, or soemthing like that. anyway, please share samsom feats. "
Samsons powers come from his deity. His deity is all-powerful. Samson prays and the strength necessary for the task is given. He lost his powers because of eating and drinking unclean food and drink and having his hair shaved. His most impressive feat was defeating 1000 soldiers who were armed and armored single-handledly, in one afternoon, using the jaw-bone of an ass without being even slightly wounded. Mythologically speaking this speaks of his near-limitless endurance as well as his strength, speed, agility and unrivaled fighting prowess.

@PowerHerc said:
"

@Formidable: Hercules wins.  Samson is a good opponent.  Gilgamesh is pretty much out-classed in this one.

I know you really want Samson to win, presumably based on belief that the Judeo-Christian God is real  and therefore His champion would always be more powerful than the other two because their Gods are not, but his feats don't match those of Hercules.  Where does it state in the Holy Bible or any Biblical text that Samson's strength increased whenever required to due to the will of God?

"

No. I actually like Hercules and the Greek mythos a lot more. I am looking at the bible as mythology as well. They are all stories written by men and are likely mostly fiction. 

Samson has fought an army of thousands and killed them all without so much as a scratch. It states that his strength and power comes from his deity and before every task he prayed for the strength necessary to accomplish them.

Feats are not the issues here. This is not a "who do we like more" battle, nor is it a theological discussion so stop trying to make it one.
krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krisboyz781

this is basically herc vs samson then.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc
@Formidable:
I wasn't trying to make this into a theological discussion.  Your stance about a the "all-powerful deity" backing Samson kind of made this into a theological discussion. 

The Judeo-Christian stories/lore/legends/myths aren't really that much different or more believable than those of the so-called pagan religions or mythologies.  Just because the Jewish and Christian religons are still going and the Greek and Roman ones have fallen out of favor doesn't really make any of them true.  I agree with you on this.  I also like your argument and respect your opinion.  However, who's to say Hercules or Gilgamesh couldn't ask their respective all-powerful deity for more strength and have their prayers answered?  Who's to say that  Zeus isn't more all-powerful than the Yahweh (the Hebrew name for god in the Old Testement in which Samson is found) and therefore couldn't make Hercules more powerful than Samson?  Zeus could indeed be more powerful and therefore make Hercules the winner.   

You believe Samson will win because he derives his strength from the Judeo-Christian all-powerful God.  I say this proves nothing.  Zeus is the all-powerful king of the Olympian Gods and could be even mightier than "God."  Blasphemy to the believers but they can't prove otherwise and neither can you.  They just cite "faith" and judging by your posts; you can't even cite that.  Therefore you thinking Samson will win because his God is all-powerful doesn't really matter.  Hercules's God is all-powerful as well.  I guess it all comes down to what you want to believe, as religion (or lack thereof) always does.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By Dracade102

I Feel like such a Nerd for Knowing all three of these Guys... 
And I'm going with Herc... Assuming this is after he burnt off his Human form and went to Live on Olympus as a God.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerHerc
@Dracade102 said:
"

I Feel like such a Nerd for Knowing all three of these Guys... 
And I'm going with Herc... Assuming this is after he burnt off his Human form and went to Live on Olympus as a God.

"

Yea, verily!
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daak1212

I think maybe Herc.  Not sure at all Samnson and Gilgamesh can defintly take this.  Im really not sure at all and in fact I take away my vote for Herc
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerHerc
@daak1212 said:
"I think maybe Herc.  Not sure at all Samnson and Gilgamesh can defintly take this.  Im really not sure at all and in fact I take away my vote for Herc "

Ha!  Way to form an opinion and present it!  LOL!
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kinasin

Hercules has the best feats that I know of and as far as Gilgamesh I'm not sure because I've never read the story which is super long so he may have better feats than herc for all I know.

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

Samson>Hercules>Gilgamesh. Based on my faith. 

Hercules>Samson>Gilgamesh. Based on feats. 

Judge me if you will, but this is my honest view.