SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SF_Alba
No Caption Provided

Saltire! The ten-foot tall, immortal guardian of Scotland!

VS

Wonder Woman! The warrior princess of Paradise Island!

No Caption Provided

Scenario 1: Straight out fist fight in a field. No weapons, no backup, no armour. Morals off, bloodlust on. Last alive wins.

Scenario 2: Saltire has his diamondsteel swords. WW has her sword and her bracelets. No backup. Morals off. bloodlust on. Last alive wins.

Who wins?

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for this loser...I mean Saltire?

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SF_Alba

Beheaded the Roman god of war, Mars Ultor.

No Caption Provided

Single-handedly wipes out at least half of the ninth legion of Rome.

No Caption Provided

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Doesn't really sound impressive enough to take on Wonder Woman. He sounds like he should be battling Marvel's version of Ares. For now it looks like a hard stomp in Wonder Woman's favor.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SF_Alba

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Doesn't really sound impressive enough to take on Wonder Woman. He sounds like he should be battling Marvel's version of Ares. For now it looks like a hard stomp in Wonder Woman's favor.

I disagree. Killing a god of war isn't something just anyone can do, never mind how quickly he done it! I'd say they are very evenly matched in both scenarios.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Well Wonder Woman also killed Ares the god of war and is the new goddess of war.

The problem is, we dont know how strong or fast this Saltire is. Can you enlighten us?

Until then, WW stomps.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW stomps, unless there are more impressive feats for Saltire then the ones you presented.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SF_Alba

@klaus said:

@arwingmaster: Well Wonder Woman also killed Ares the god of war and is the new goddess of war.

The problem is, we dont know how strong or fast this Saltire is. Can you enlighten us?

Until then, WW stomps.

I can't find much from the comics online, as they are fairly new comics, but this person:

No Caption Provided

Has a piercing scream that, early in the comic, causes a normal persons ears to bleed, incapacitating them. Saltire manages to power though the noise, and fight off some weird, vampire wolf things. Later in the Same comic he gets hit in the side of the head with a mace by a character who is maybe slightly stronger than Deathstroke. As for speed, he runs across the whole country, kills a master vampire, and back in just a couple of hours, max. I don't know the exact speed, but I know that's gotta be fast! I also for got to mention this, but while fighting said vampire, he threw his sword, and they came straight back at him, killing his foe on the way back. It said something about the diamondsteel his swords are made of being magnetic, so I guess he's got some magnetic properties.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Across Scotland and back in hours is nothing compared to Wonder Woman's speed.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Across Scotland and back in hours is nothing compared to Wonder Woman's speed.

Running speed means almost nothing in a close range fight

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Wonder Woman's combat speed is far superior, and saltire has no strength feats to compare with WW, or durability feats.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Wonder Woman's combat speed is far superior, and saltire has no strength feats to compare with WW, or durability feats.

What are WW's best feats?

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Outside_85

@arwingmaster: As for combat speed, lets just say WW is this fast:

No Caption Provided

She's this durable (backwards btw):

And she's this strong:

No Caption Provided

So if Diana is in a nutty mood, she could thrown Britan at Saltire.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: She has tanked a nuke while severely weakened , near death, closed a portal that both Non and Mongul failed to, tanked Darkseid's hits, blocked his planet busting omega beams, lifts a plane with ease, heals a broken arm in minutes, blocked hundreds of swords and bullets, wrecked supergirl with ease, whooped Hal (sort of PIS), BFR'ed Superdoom with ease and so many more

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

And she's this strong:

No Caption Provided

That last pic gets me thinking, can't superman move planets on his own?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By mickey-mouse

@outside_85:

I'm not saying...but I'm just saying....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Did Batman just imply WW has better reactions? Da Fudge?

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess well have to wait for Saltire to become a bit higher profile to know for sure xD

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Outside_85

@arwingmaster: He can, but in that scan I am thinking there are three of them because they are trying to get all of Earth's water back where it belongs (since a villain threw a fit and blasted it all off into space). Individually they can all do it, but they need three to properly steer it without breaking it. (you've probably seen the scan of a GL construct being strapped to Superman, imagine the pressure the construct is putting on the planet).

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I disagree. Killing a god of war isn't something just anyone can do, never mind how quickly he done it! I'd say they are very evenly matched in both scenarios.

I guess everyone already proved my point for me, but he doesn't have any comparable physicals to Diana also not all gods are created equal for example DC's Ares greatly out powers Marvel's version of Ares.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I guess everyone already proved my point for me, but he doesn't have any comparable physicals to Diana also not all gods are created equal for example DC's Ares greatly out powers Marvel's version of Ares.

I read an interview with one of the lead artists for the first two books; in which he says "he could take Superman or the Hulk in a square go." So that must count for something. It doesn't mean he'd beat Supes or the Hulk, but it at least means he can hold his own against them, at least for a wee while.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

And she's this strong:

No Caption Provided

"he could take Superman or the Hulk in a square go." - Quote from Artist for first book, Gary Welsh. It doesn't mean he could beat them, but it wouldn't be a curbstomp.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Unfortunately thats not really a valid feat, Greg Pak once claimed WB Hulk was beyond Superman and no one really believes him.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Klaus

@arwingmaster: Thats just the artists opinion. For all we know, he doesn't even know how powerful Superman is or even read new 52. We base what we know on feats.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Unfortunately thats not really a valid feat, Greg Pak once claimed WB Hulk was beyond Superman and no one really believes him.

Yeah, I know, but it means that it wouldn't be a total stomp, and that he would last at least a while against WW.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

@arwingmaster: Thats just the artists opinion. For all we know, he doesn't even know how powerful Superman is or even read new 52. We base what we know on feats.

The artist studied comic books at university; I'm pretty sure he knows how powerful Superman is xD

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I read an interview with one of the lead artists for the first two books; in which he says "he could take Superman or the Hulk in a square go." So that must count for something. It doesn't mean he'd beat Supes or the Hulk, but it at least means he can hold his own against them, at least for a wee while.

Saying it and doing it is much different. He hasn't displayed anything to suggest that he could beat Aquaman much less Superman or Wonder Woman. When he has some real feats you can call upon then feel free to re-visit this issue.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: Not really as all of Supermans powerful feats only happened recently. Point is that an artists opinion doesn't really count.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

@arwingmaster said:
@evil_incarnate said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Saying it and doing it is much different. He hasn't displayed anything to suggest that he could beat Aquaman much less Superman or Wonder Woman. When he has some real feats you can call upon then feel free to re-visit this issue.

Fair enough

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By vinomonster

WW

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

And she's this strong:

No Caption Provided

Considering these feats WW has, she stomps. If you could enlighten us more about Saltire then we could strip it bits by bits until one of them wins. :)

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

No Caption Provided

And she's this strong:

No Caption Provided

Considering these feats WW has, she stomps. If you could enlighten us more about Saltire then we could strip it bits by bits until one of them wins. :)

I'm gonna wait until Saltire has some more books (He only has three, and one is his origin story and has very little fighting in it) and then I'll get back to ya xD

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arwingmaster: are you from Scotland ? Because if so I never would have thought someone outside of glasgow would have found this character.

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@arwingmaster: are you from Scotland ? Because if so I never would have thought someone outside of glasgow would have found this character.

I am from Scotland, but I'm not from Glasgow.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SF_Alba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SF_Alba

@z3ro180: They're some of the best I've ever read.