#1 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

- Ahem, let us try this again-

Basic information on building team:

• Teams will consist of 5 members.
  • Each team will have some type of theme relating to their powers or who they are/what they do.
  • While building your teams keep in mind this: These will be purely based on combat, 3 hours of prep will be given.
  • Characters can be pulled from just about any form of media:Anime/cartoons/books/comics/manga/what have you

Limitations:

• Speed: Spider-man
  • Durability: Midnighter/Batsuit (Essentially Bullet Resistant at best, can be penetrated by sustained fire)
  • Healing Factor: Wolverine w/ Adamantium
  • Strength: Luke Cage (25 tons)

*Thank you Esquire for references :D

Power Limit:

• Telephathy: No "mind raping". They can read peoples minds, and make small alterations. They can not be forced to turn people on their own team. They can not be incapacitated by telepathy.
  • BFR: If they have a power such as opening portals or sending people to vast distances or other dimensions, they shall only be able to keep the person there for 2 minutes at max. They can only do this to each person ONCE, after they do it for the first time it will not be an option.
  • Intangibility: They will only be able to use such a thing for a collective 5 minutes. Their speed will be taken into account for what they can do and how fast they can do it while intangible.
  • Telekinesis: Will be allowed, but has to follow the above Limits. Example: If someones telekinesis can lift/push/pull/ect.. anything that the maximum strength limit would not, they can't use it to that extent.
  • Powers such as things caused by the "Devil Fruit" known as "Logia" will not be allowed. Such things would mean the opponent would need special means to defeat them, means that not everyone is capable of. This is prohibited.
  • No time manipulation.
  • Gravity/energy/elemental and such things will be allowed.
  • Any other abilities or powers must have my confirmation. Please ask about it.

Extra:

- Battles will be to death or incapacitation. There will be no BFR wins allowed.

- Battle areas will be changed each match. Whatever conflicts/advantages an area can apply to a character will do so. For example: someone with technopathy is in a place with a bunch of technology is around - they get to have a lot of fun with whatever is accessible there.

- All battle areas will be considered void of beings with the exception of the teams. Any other object that would normally be there will be there. Example: If your fight happens to be at Tony Stark's place, whoever could get to it first gets to have some Iron Man suits.

- The tournament will start when 10 team slots have been filled.

- As always, you must have feats to back up your character. Keep that in mind, if you don't have access to feats you can not use that character.

- If characters chosen have any feuds with other characters on the team it will be taken into account. Besides this it will be assumed they've known and worked with their team for years.

- They will not have stuff they can't access from wherever they are. Such as having something built into a home, they will not have access to it. This is even if they would have a way to access it remotely.

- Everyone will be in character, if you bring in something that a character would only use a last resort or against morals, it will not be counted.

- Each round will have 8 days of debating.

- If someone does not respond in 2 days they will consider their position in the tournament as forfeit.

#2 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

1. John Marston (RDR)

2. Batman

3. Nightwing

4. Reed Richards

5. Four-Arms (Ben 10's alien)

#3 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man (Peter) (Black suit)

Spider Women (Jessica)

Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Scarlet Spider (Ben)

Doppelgänger

#4 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4: Hmm..maybe I should have been more specific, a theme relating to their powers O: editing lol

#7 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

My theme is marvel lol

#9 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: theme has to relate to powers or something to that extent o; I had edited the OP after you posted, sorry D:

#10 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited

#11 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

Teams:

Mrtrevorguy:

• Spider-Man (Peter) (Black suit)
  • Spider Women (Jessica)
  • Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  • Scarlet Spider (Ben)
  • Doppelgänger

Diredrill:

• Wolverine (Gorgon)
  • Hawkeye (Bullseye)
  • Nick Fury (Phobos)
  • Elektra (Siri)
  • Batman (Jason Todd)

Betatesthighlander:

CadenceV2:

• Aria (Mass Effect)
  • Liara (Mass Effect)
  • C890.L (Terminator)
  • Smiley (Predator)
  • Wolf (Predator)

Esquire:

• Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Ravager
  • Psylocke
  • Clock King
  • Amadeus Cho

Sovereign91001:

• Ichigo Kurosake- Soul Society Arc.(No bankai- so before he got the training to fight Byakuya)
  • Uryū Ishida - Soul Society Arc.(No glove-breaking for boost)
  • Orihime Inoue- Soul Society Arc
  • Chad- Soul Society Arc
  • Renji Abarai- Soul Society Arc

Thatguywithheadphones:

• Guts(Pre-Berserker armor)
  • Medusa
  • Zuko
  • Ganta
  • Shikamaru(No Shadow Strangle)

Juiceboks:

• Hellboy
  • Seras Victoria
  • The Cremator.
  • Gabriel Belmont(Castlevania)
  • War(Darksiders)

Martyyy15:

• 1.Saphira
  • 2.book version Eragon, no mind raping spells or one hit killing spells
  • 3. Alice, no causing internal bleeding
  • 4.yoh asakua, end of series
  • 5. Neo(Just Superhuman strenght/martial art skills+combat speed)

18hunt:

• Looma
  • Cromastone
  • Fourarms (you didn't say no, he is weaker than Looma)
  • Feedback
  • Ultimate Swampfire

#12 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Not Who They Say They Are

Wolverine (Gorgon)

Hawkeye (Bullseye)

Nick Fury (Phobos)

Elektra (Siri)

Batman (Jason Todd)

#13 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Precog

Ravager

Midnighter

Ultimate Spider-Man

Classic Kaine (Too powerful?)

Clock King

#14 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond

Punisher 2099

Ghost Rider 2099

Spider-Man 2099

Warhawk

Team Leagacy Heroes/ Heroes of the Future

#19 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Well I would like a all Future Sci Fi Team.

T-800 Terminator (Can be penetrated by Bullets in the less armored spots)

Brother Raclaw (with Scout Armor to fit rules)

Liara T'soni

Doom Guy

Predator Smiley

#22 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider is way overboard

#23 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11614 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: That depends, I never read GR 2099, but I do no where Blaze, Ketch, and Caleb GR ignore bullet damage, they can be KO with Spider Man Strength as well lose body limbs.

Human Control GR fit the rules. Spirit controlled GR would not.

Thought I should share that.

#27 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we cool down on the Spider-Mans? xD

#28 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: Well you @esquire jacked all the good ones...

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: @mrtrevorguy

Anyway about GR 2099 he doesn't really violate any of the rules, his strength is between 10-15 tons. His speed is well below Spider-Man's. Durability is the only possible way he violates the rules and he doesn't have any feats that put him over the T-800. But I'll change him out.

I'll take Micron.

#29 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

How is a T-800 within the rules? His biological skin can be pierced but the skin is irrelevant his endoskeleton is still pretty much invulnerable to bullets. He can walk through gunfire completely unharmed. T-800 should be out.

#30 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

How is a T-800 within the rules? His biological skin can be pierced but the skin is irrelevant his endoskeleton is still pretty much invulnerable to bullets. He can walk through gunfire completely unharmed. T-800 should be out.

Not really.

Oh snap, Look who was damage by Bullets? T-800.

Just saying.

Also anyone with 20 ton strength as the potential to do damage to T-800.

#31 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, the Durability rules state that they need to be penetrable by bullets not have specific weak points that can be penetrable by bullets. It is like saying that Superman can be penetrated by bullets if you have Kryptonite Bullets. His durability still breaks the rules. Do I need to show you the multiple clips whereby he walked through sustained gunfire with no problem at all? By your logic, Ultimate Colossus is penetrable by bullets because the Falcon showed that you can shoot him in his eyes. Would Ultimate Colossus be allowable assuming he fit the strength limit?

#32 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: Don't think so, as far as I can remember about Crona, pure 'physical' damage didn't seem to harm him unless it was augmented by some type of soul attack. If you can post scans saying otherwise she can, but from what I can remember, no.

@sovereign91001:

edited in

@esquire Sure

#33 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw, before the tournament starts I'm gonna ask if anyone thinks characters in the roster shouldn't be here. If enough people agree then that character must be replaced.

#34 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11614 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11614 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11614 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: Do you mean Mockingbird as in Hagire-Possessed? I don't recall any feats of the actual Mockingbird except that he was stated as the strongest deadman

#40 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11614 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: In this case? Yes, yes he should be allowed, however he breaks the strength limits by alot :)

Thing is that is Triminators only power. Durability and even then, he has weak spots in the Hydraulic Lines, Eyes, and will be threaten by 20 toners, a odd ball number for strength resistance when most 20 toners are bullet proof like Cage.

Other than that Strength is 1-2 tons. Speed is Peak Human. Other than that he has Super Marksmanship as well Scanners.

I could switch out for Ultimate Hawkeye with Nuke Arrows.... I mean that fits the rules clearly. Lets see which one is more fair.

#42 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

So Colossus, a guy who can shrug off tanks and blasts from Cyclops doesn't break the durability limit because you can shoot him through the eyes? Seems legit. Did you know that if you hit Emma Frost in the exact right spot with a diamond tipped bullet you can shatter her in diamond form? Her Diamond Form does not imbue her with more than 20 tons of strength so by all means she should be included right?

If Durability is their thing then that should tell you right off the bat that the T-800 shouldn't be allowed.

As per battle forum rules, if equipment is not stated then they only get standard equipment. Nuke Arrows are not standard. Also, using Ultimate Hawkeye breaks your theme DQing your team. There are still plenty of sci-fi dudes you can use.

#43 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that T-1000 shouldn't be allowed sorry man

#44 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: Don't worry, before the tournament begins, we're going to go over who is correctly allowed in this tourny and who isn't.

#46 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: I do think it is funny as you stated Kryptonite Bullets and Diamond bullets.

All specific bullet types. T-800 was nearly disabled by REGULAR Bullets. Just saying the flaw of your comparisons.

Also Hawkeye could use Nuke Arrows as standard, why not? He has only a handfull of comics, so by your standards then someone like Bloodshot as it stands now would have no standard gear or powers as he has only a handfull of comics.

Guess that takes out anyone not from Pre 52 DC or 616 Marvel. Fact is he has them and they are made for him. Sounds standard to me. Cyclopes wielding the M-Blade is not standard. BP with Ebony Blade is not really standard. Ultimate HE with TRICK ARROWS are standard.

I can easily turn my team into 616 Reed (who fits the rules) and spam Anti Matter Bombs via his CPU and Vortexes. I can easily pick Ultimate Cap with a Fighetr Jet, he flown 3 of them and use them to win. I can even go with Gregory Stark who can activate a Nigh Impenetrable Nanite Shield.

So many ways of "fitting the rules" with a Unbeatbale Ultimate Team.

Heck I could swith T-800 out for Liara and Aria. Biotics and Singularities for the Pwn.

I simply do not see why a durable guy in most areas like T-800 who can be oneshot by the powers and weapons of this tourney is hated on....

#48 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules say bullets, Kryptonite and Diamond Tipped Bullets function exactly the same as normal bullets only they have different materials. They aren't like using explosive rounds or higher calibre rounds, these would kill any normal human in the exact same way a normal bullet would.

Ultimate Hawkeye brought the Nuke Arrow specifically to deal with the X-men. They are not a part of his standard gear which would include either guns or bow and arrow depending on which time period we are talking.

Batman designed and built a suit that gives him Superman-level powers, does that mean he gets it as standard equipment in every battle? Nope, he gets his standard suit and what he uses most of the time.

In every picture, I can find with Bloodshot he has 1-2 guns and a blade. That would be his standard equipment. Cyclops does not have the M-Blade as his standard equipment only his Visor is in his standard equipment. Black Panther does not commonly wield the Ebony Blade, it was loaned to him by the person who generally uses it. Reed does not fit the rules, his durability is such that bullets will not pierce his elastic skin nor does he have access to his facilities at all times much less Anti-matter bombs which would be out of character for him to use. There are very few special cases for vehicles and Ultimate Cap's is not one. Gregory Stark's nanite shield would violate the rules. But all of this is immaterial as no one is using any of these characters in this tourney so you have no basis to complain about them.

Biotics, despite what you might think, are not all powerful. There are a number of characters that could render them completely useless that fit within the rules. Liara and Aria would be annihilated by any number of people.

Standard Equipment is equipment that they have on them 90% of the time. How long have you been here and you seriously have never heard of this rule? No wonder your judgement is so flawed if you can't even comprehend basic rules of how this forum functions.

Just because someone else in the tourney can take him down doesn't mean that he fits in the rules. Rules are rules, T-800 violates the rules. It is not hate or any other emotion, it is simply the rules.

#49 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: @cadencev2: please don't fight D:

This will all be settled once all team-slots are taken up O:

#50 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I meant T-800