• 98 results
Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure One Punch Man is just a parody of all the characters in anime/comics that are seemingly unbeatable and overpowered is he not? So putting him in these kinds of battles is kinda funny, at least to me.

Also in reference to the fight with Boros, He literally punched a planet busting energy beam into nothingness. Furthermore, Saitama was unfazed by the attacks of a being that sent him to the moon in (what appears to be) seconds, off of one punch. Are there any scans of New 52 Supes shrugging off something like that yet (or dishing out something like that)? And don't let this fight be on a Saturday. That's special sale day. No one gets between Saitama and dem sales.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Speculation, as in which is stronger, a punch to the earth to make it shake or punching the air to make it split. That's my argument. I'm trying to compare "both" Superman's and Opman's feats to measure up what is stronger. So of course you would have to "speculate" when comparing two non-related characters against each other.

You don't have an argument, you have speculation. An argument =/= speculation. It's impossible to compare two feats when one is clear and the other is unquantifiable. You have nothing on which to base your opinion that Saitama's feat is more impressive. You have some vague notion about "inelastic collisions" which you already conceded is completely useless without variables. Your problem is that you seem to think that the mere fact that a feat is an inelastic collision makes it less powerful or less impressive. Obviously this is not true.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@uberhikari: I think you're misunderstanding something or you haven't read carefully what I wrote

To be fair, Superman's punch was a inelastic collision, ergo a direct transfer of momentum. But on OPman's side he created a shock-wave while interacting with another opposite force and was still able to create a massive wave of air pressure from just one punch, enough to clear a line of half the earth's clouds. IMHO, OPman's feat is more impressive and more powerful than Superman's.

... inelastic collision is just the transfer of momentum, there's nothing unique about it. It's when one object meets another, that's it. I stated this just to show the difference in force acquired in order to achieve the feat. I'm not saying Superman's feat is less impressive or anything. I'll even take that back then, but the cause and effect of OPman's way of power is needed of way more energy/force then just a simple direct hit or "inelastic collision". So instead of saying it's more impressive, I'll say it's more powerful. Get it? or no? Sorry if I'm confusing right now, I'm rushing.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: I think you're misunderstanding something or you haven't read carefully what I wrote

To be fair, Superman's punch was a inelastic collision, ergo a direct transfer of momentum. But on OPman's side he created a shock-wave while interacting with another opposite force and was still able to create a massive wave of air pressure from just one punch, enough to clear a line of half the earth's clouds. IMHO, OPman's feat is more impressive and more powerful than Superman's.

... inelastic collision is just the transfer of momentum, there's nothing unique about it. It's when one object meets another, that's it. I stated this just to show the difference in force acquired in order to achieve the feat. I'm not saying Superman's feat is less impressive or anything. I'll even take that back then, but the cause and effect of OPman's way of power is needed of way more energy/force then just a simple direct hit or "inelastic collision". So instead of saying it's more impressive, I'll say it's more powerful. Get it? or no? Sorry if I'm confusing right now, I'm rushing.

How can Saitama's feat be more powerful? You can't possibly know that because you don't have the variables for the feat in question. Sometimes inelastic collisions are more powerful than non-inelastic collisions and vice versa. The only way to tell which is more powerful is to do the calculations for both. In this instance you can't do that. So, again, how could you tell?

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

Actually Boros' attack should have been more powerful. Saitama had to overcome Earth's gravity to reach the moon. Superman was already in space. But yeah as a Wildstorm fan in general I just chalk it up to Helspont being really strong either way.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By uberhikari

@uberhikari:

Actually Boros' attack should have been more powerful. Saitama had to overcome Earth's gravity to reach the moon. Superman was already in space. But yeah as a Wildstorm fan in general I just chalk it up to Helspont being really strong either way.

I can't be sure because I'm no physicist, but I think the energy required is actually quite negligible, as I suspected since gravity is the weakest of the 4 fundamental forces. From here:

As one final note, I have been giving you escape velocities from the surface of the object, keeping with the example of throwing a baseball. However, the radius term in the equation is really just the distance between the baseball and the center of the object from which you want it to escape. If you stand on the surface of the object, then you use the radius of the object. If you are 2 miles above the surface, you use the radius of the object plus 2 miles. Thus, throwing a baseball fast enough to achieve escape velocity on the surface of the Earth requires you to throw it 11.2 km/s (that's 25,053.7 mph), but from the top of the Earth's atmosphere (~480 km or 300 mi high) you would only have to throw it 10.8 km/s (24,158.9 mph).

Of course this is for throwing a baseball rather than kicking or smacking it, and you can't really tell how high up Helspont & Superman are, but it's not entirely out of the question that they're at the top of the Earth's atmosphere given the fact that Earth is still clearly visible in the background. In any event, the distance from the Earth to the moon is ~385,000 km (and we're talking about the difference of a few hundred kilometers, which is insignificant relative to the total distance); gravity isn't so strong that it makes a huge difference anyway. The biggest thing I would think is air resistance, which is present in the Earth's atmosphere but decreases considerably at the top of Earth's atmosphere. However, since both Saitama and Superman were sent flying at FTL speed (it essentially took 1 panel for them to go the distance), I don't think it matters so much. If you have enough power to smack an object at FTL speed starting on Earth rather than the edge of outer space isn't gonna make much of a difference because Earth's gravity + air resistance wouldn't be strong enough to decelerate the object to any significant extent.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Just wait until the manga catches up to the web comic... then we'll see what Saitama is truly capable of.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Just wait until the manga catches up to the web comic... then we'll see what Saitama is truly capable of.

I agree; I think Saitama will actually surpass New 52 Superman in striking strength + durability at least. I don't think he'll ever be faster or stronger though. I actually read the conclusion of the Boros & Saitama fight and some of the stuff in the manga is not in the web comics. Saitama was never punched to the moon, for example, and Saitama never punched Boros's canon and split the cloud cover of Earth. Saitama is actually stronger in the manga than in the web comics it seems.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman said:

I agree; I think Saitama will actually surpass New 52 Superman in striking strength + durability at least. I don't think he'll ever be faster or stronger though. I actually read the conclusion of the Boros & Saitama fight and some of the stuff in the manga is not in the web comics. Saitama was never punched to the moon, for example, and Saitama never punched Boros's canon and split the cloud cover of Earth. Saitama is actually stronger in the manga than in the web comics it seems.

Yeah, the guys at ONE said that they're going all out with the manga. Hopefully that means that Light Speed Flash will actually be light speed, so when Saitama casually blitzes him we can finally say he's FTL.

Avatar image for thatislikeyouropinionman
Thatislikeyouropinionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually read the conclusion of the Boros & Saitama fight and some of the stuff in the manga is not in the web comics. Saitama was never punched to the moon, for example, and Saitama never punched Boros's canon and split the cloud cover of Earth. Saitama is actually stronger in the manga than in the web comics it seems.

Saitama isn't really stronger in the manga version, the fight is just more detailed and nothing Murata draws happens without ONE's approval (The kick to the moon for example was Murata's idea, which was discussed and approved by ONE, to emphasize Boros power a bit better since he is supposed to be a conqueror of the universe and you don't feel that from the webcomic fight).

It's the same with the planet busting roar cannon. In the original we see him punching through it and how it destroys the ship but Murata probably thought that punching away an attack that could destroy the planet should have an even bigger effect.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't be sure because I'm no physicist, but I think the energy required is actually quite negligible, as I suspected since gravity is the weakest of the 4 fundamental forces. From here:

As one final note, I have been giving you escape velocities from the surface of the object, keeping with the example of throwing a baseball. However, the radius term in the equation is really just the distance between the baseball and the center of the object from which you want it to escape. If you stand on the surface of the object, then you use the radius of the object. If you are 2 miles above the surface, you use the radius of the object plus 2 miles. Thus, throwing a baseball fast enough to achieve escape velocity on the surface of the Earth requires you to throw it 11.2 km/s (that's 25,053.7 mph), but from the top of the Earth's atmosphere (~480 km or 300 mi high) you would only have to throw it 10.8 km/s (24,158.9 mph).

Supes and Helspont are well above the highest mountain at this point and even past the exosphere if Helspont has to create his own atmosphere. Even in the exosphere which is the upper limit of our atmosphere plain old air molecules can escape Earth's gravity and a portion of our atmosphere leaks like this into space each year. If Supes and Helspont are beyond the atmosphere then Helspont would need far less force to knock Superman into the Moon than Boros.

Then beyond that fact, Boros also has drag working against him. By quantifiable feat analysis Boros' hit is more powerful if we don't make any assumptions at all. Furthermore Saitama easily tanked Boros' whereas Supes was clearly hurt and KOed.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

Supes and Helspont are well above the highest mountain at this point and even past the exosphere if Helspont has to create his own atmosphere. Even in the exosphere which is the upper limit of our atmosphere plain old air molecules can escape Earth's gravity and a portion of our atmosphere leaks like this into space each year. If Supes and Helspont are beyond the atmosphere then Helspont would need far less force to knock Superman into the Moon than Boros.

Then beyond that fact, Boros also has drag working against him. By quantifiable feat analysis Boros' hit is more powerful if we don't make any assumptions at all. Furthermore Saitama easily tanked Boros' whereas Supes was clearly hurt and KOed.

There's nothing in the scan that says Helspont has to create his own atmosphere; Helspont only says that he can. Furthermore, I don't know why you're claiming that, "Helspont would need far less force to knock Superman into the Moon than Boros." Why would this be true? I concede that he would need less force, but far less? That's just not true. Why? Because if two people can hit an object so that it travels at FTL speed, then the Earth's atmosphere/gravity makes essentially no difference to the object's speed. Once you're getting into FTL speed you're talking about a difference so insignificant that it wouldn't even be worth contemplating. You can't really be arguing that the Earth's gravity/atmosphere would slow down an object traveling at FTL speed, are you? Escape velocity is only 25,000 mph; you do realize how great the difference is between 25,000 mph and lightspeed, right? It's the difference between mach 32 and mach 877,000.

Moreover, Helspont is much, much stronger than Boros, which is something I didn't realize until dondave pointed out that Helspont's atmosphere wasn't what was hurting Superman, it was Helspont's grip around his head. Superman can lift the equivalent weight of the entire Earth for 5 days straight with no sunlight but he couldn't get free from Helspont's grip. That's quite strong to say the least.

In any event, I don't think this matters because the speed difference between Saitama and Superman makes all this a moot point. Saitama will never touch a single hair on Superman's head.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Helspont remarks about his atmosphere because otherwise it would make no sense why he's speaking in space. That places them at beyond the Exosphere which is a significant distance from the Earth.

Exosphere: http://weatheradvance.com/home/weather/weatheradvance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Exosphere.jpg

Gravity is considered the weak force because it gets exponentially weaker as distance between two objects increase. Doubling the distance will eliminate 75% of gravity. So yes, I would call it far less force.

Has Supes been smacked into light speed, anyway? I don't know either way so I'm just comparing the two feats where they get knocked to the moon.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@cerberus369616 said:

@uberhikari said:

The Saitama wank is almost as bad as the Death Seed Sentry wank.

Wouldn't really call it wank. Least no more than any other character of his type. He has very good feats, all of them casual without much implied difficulty. He's just a legitimate powerhouse out of a manga, with good feats to back him up, something a lot of manga and anime character lack in terms of how debates happen on the battle forums. He should be able to hang with Skaar and New52 Supes pretty well. He definantly has the speed and striking feats to put them down.

Saitama's best striking strength feat is busting an asteroid. Superman shook the entire planet with his blows and the people in space could feel the shockwaves rattle their teeth. Saitama's best speed feat is an unquantifiable jump from the moon to Earth. Superman has tracked teleporters from Pluto to Earth in about a minute. Saitama's best strength feat is...not really anything. Superman held up the equivalent weight of the entire Earth for 5 days...without sunlight. Saitama's best reaction speed feat is dodging Genos's lasers, which is unquantifiable. Superman has out-thought a supercomputer, tagged the Flash (who has femtosecond reaction speed), and read an entire library of medical literature in minutes and performed surgery to save someone's life. There aren't any circumstances under which Saitama "should be able to hang with Skaar and New-52 Supes pretty well."

His best striking feat is probably destroying that Planet scorching attack with a single punch now, but the asteroid was large enough to wipe out the planet iirc but regardless it was well over island sized so that is a legitimate island busting feat at the least. Supes blows shook the planet but wtf shockwave did it create that could be felt in space, the feat makes no sense. How do you feel something in space where there is no air for the shockwave to be transferred through? How deep in space we talking? Do you have a "quantifiable " distance for how far away "in space" is? I know the Tsar Bomba was 50 MT and created shock waves that could be felt far across the world and shattered windows as far away as Poland. Saitama outpunched the Sea King who would punch hard enough to break a nuclear shelter designed to survive a bomb with comparable collateral damage feats to superman's punches. The jump didn't look unquantifiable to me since it took less than a panel worth of time, nothing really transpired, Boros was really still in a battle stance, everyone was in the same positions they had last been seen in, seemed to be inferred it took less than a minute by a lot but it wasn't said so It could have taken an hour or maybe a year, yea that makes sense. Guess every time the flash is running and it has a blur behind him if it doesn't state how fast he was traveling or the distance and time it took him we can't infer how fast he was moving. But that is travel speed so I fail to see how either of those matter. Superman does have better stregnth feats, but I didn't know Stregnth>Striking feats for Damage output. I never said Saitama would out wrestle Supes I said he could put him down. Right Genos's LASER unquantifiable, because laser's don't move at light speed as implied by what they are. You could argue its a particle beam cannon or a Plasma weapon but both of those are still massively hypersonic and would still be quantifiable....just by what they are. Both him and Genos out paced in a ddition to reacting those lasers too, not that I would argue they are FTL but if it is in fact a LASER as you yourself said that would seem to imply they have FTL combat speeds.

You chose not to see those circumstances because they don't suit your purposes of proving that Saitama is being wanked. But it's probably more likely that he is just really good and can keep up with other powerhouses in comics. His feat library isn't as extensive so I guess that is a reason he would lose, but to deny the feats he does have are good is silly. I'm not even saying that Saitama wins this fight, I personally thing Flight is a big enough advantage that Supes should be able to take it thanks to superior mobility. Doesn't mean I think it's a stomp for Superman or One Punch Man fans are wanking him. Saitama is just really good and can probably put down superman if he gets the hits in which his reaction and combat speed showings say he should be able to do.

i dunno if he can take out Superman with just a punch but he can surely damage him. However Saitama isn't the only one who has easily dodged a laser,even New-52 Superman has done such a feat more than once so their reflexes are more or less equal, but i will personally give the edge to Superman even in this department since he has shown us how fast his mind can work with the medical feat and with the "computer feat" in Action Comics n.14 (where he does in some seconds what a super-computer could do just with years of time).

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably team 2.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kennethmaestro

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Both of them can solo.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes or Skaar could solo. This is spite.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama solos

Wade_Strine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't even CLOSE to fair. Lol.

New 52 solos the verse.

DEEDUBBLEDEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark solos.

jayman1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either one from team one solos stomps. Lock this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama one shots both

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman solos.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes and Skaar stomp

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone on team 2 can solo without breaking a sweat.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Skaar by feats

Saitama by being an unbeatable joke character

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes could solo.

I would even argue that Skaar could solo.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bbc687ba507
deactivated-62bbc687ba507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2,does Skaar have the old power?

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama solos

Gnkocurvq2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama mid diff

ServeSJWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

@redzkz said:

team 2.

Team 2. Both of them can solo.

Supes or Skaar could solo. This is spite.

This isn't even CLOSE to fair. Lol.

New 52 solos the verse.

New 52.

Superman

@sy8000 said:
@highaccuser said:

Clark solos.

Supes and Skaar stomp

anyone on team 2 can solo without breaking a sweat.

@skyfire said:

Superman and Skaar by feats

Saitama by being an unbeatable joke character

Supes could solo.

I would even argue that Skaar could solo.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Team 1. N52 Supes isn't as strong a Post-Crisis (a version I would argue Saitama could win) and Skaar even with old power can't carry.

shushi1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Saitama is limitless, although he is still growing stronger each day since it is implied in one of the audio books (that virtual fighter simulator one where Saitama beats himself since he was last recorded). Although Superman is already limitless potentially, I think Saitama's limitless potential and feats are less restricted than Superman and he would win.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@servesjws: Good job, quoting 7 year old posts. Sadly they don't hold up now

ServeSJWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ServeSJWs
@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

@servesjws: Good job, quoting 7 year old posts. Sadly they don't hold up now

Which Saitama? They don't hold up against the one you jerk off to sadly.

WandasolosDCEU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine thinking Fodder Man could solo. . .

DBSNormie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone hasn't been keeping up with OPM. OPM verse new has some new and impressive feats.

WandasolosDCEU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandasolosdceu said:

Someone hasn't been keeping up with OPM. OPM verse new has some new and impressive feats.

Superman = Fodder Man

DBSNormie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbsnormie said:
@wandasolosdceu said:

Superman = Fodder Man

oh sorry lol

WandasolosDCEU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandasolosdceu said:
@dbsnormie said:
@wandasolosdceu said:

Superman = Fodder Man

oh sorry lol

I forgive you!